Quarterfinal: Loyola v. BC 5/19/22

D1 Womens Lacrosse
cltlax

Re: Quarterfinal: Loyola v. BC 5/19/22

Post by cltlax »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 4:05 pm
Lax101 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 3:53 pm And for the record I probably have more friends and family members that have played at the D1 level than anyone who posts on this site so I do no what I am talking about.
That's a bold statement to make on anonymous forum. Congrats I guess?
:lol:
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

tothedraw wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 3:07 pm
Dr. Tact wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 2:40 pm
njbill wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 2:03 pm My two cents. Not directing this at anyone in particular and certainly not to sc.

Maybe let's cut Doc a little slack for this game. He fully realizes it may be his daughter's last lax game ever after how many years? 15, 18? It's really, really tough to see it come to an end. I can understand being on edge.
I am done being that Dad. I will turn back into my polite, timid self. No more stat comparisons that aren't recognized as legitimate, or don't fit an argument. No more "my princess is prettier than your princess." No more hoping. No more Fan boy. No more I slept in a Holiday Inn Express expert lax dude. No more rooting against the big gorilla. No more thinking that the underhound has a chance. No more eye test statements. No more posting about the favorite to a favorite's supporter.

I will go back to the Girl's Lacrosse Northern Virginia Public school forum and talk about concessions at Woodson High school.

DT

[edit] Everyone now has to believe that I have no relationship with a certain #13 on a certain lax team. Got it?
I thought you had all sons!
Ah, just to have one....Nope, 3 girls, 2 female dogs, wife.....lots of hair ribbons, toe nail polish, curling irons, straightening irons...and don't get me started on the laundry...
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Dr. Tact wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 4:14 pm
njbill wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 2:03 pm My two cents. Not directing this at anyone in particular and certainly not to sc.

Maybe let's cut Doc a little slack for this game. He fully realizes it may be his daughter's last lax game ever after how many years? 15, 18? It's really, really tough to see it come to an end. I can understand being on edge.
I am done being that Dad. I will turn back into my polite, timid self. No more stat comparisons that aren't recognized as legitimate, or don't fit an argument. No more "my princess is prettier than your princess." No more hoping. No more Fan boy. No more I slept in a Holiday Inn Express expert lax dude. No more rooting against the big gorilla. No more thinking that the underhound has a chance. No more eye test statements. No more posting about the favorite to a favorite's supporter.

I will go back to the Girl's Lacrosse Northern Virginia Public school forum and talk about concessions at Woodson High school.

DT

[edit] Everyone now has to believe that I have no relationship with a certain #13 on a certain lax team. Got it?
Ah, just to have one....Nope, 3 girls, 2 female dogs, wife.....lots of hair ribbons, toe nail polish, curling irons, straightening irons...and don't get me started on the laundry...
or the hair I bet, labs right?
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 4:16 pm

DT

or the hair I bet, labs right?
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

DT

I forgot to turn on sarcasm font 😃 Go Hounds!
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

tothedraw wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 4:33 pm
I knew it :lol: ...never miss an opportunity to tell my sad/happy tale of estrogen.
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

Dr. Tact wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 4:37 pm
tothedraw wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 4:33 pm
I knew it :lol: ...never miss an opportunity to tell my sad/happy tale of estrogen.
I'm the youngest of three girls and when we went to buy a puppy- back lab- we picked out a boy. Came home with a girl. My Dad said "I can't win" 🤣🤣🤣
Bart

Post by Bart »

Lax101 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 3:53 pm And for the record I probably have more friends and family members that have played at the D1 level than anyone who posts on this site so I do no what I am talking about.
That's just plain funny.

Should I start a spreadsheet?
Dr. Tact

To my daughter

Post by Dr. Tact »

NJBill got me thinking….She wont ever see this, but it is something that I wanted to write/tell her on the cusp of the biggest Lacrosse game of her life. I think I will take a break until after Thursday....

To my daughter:

From the day you picked up a stick in Oregon (lax hot bed :lol: !), I knew you would go far. You didn’t, that’s OK, but I saw it. When we moved to the DC area and you found your way into a club, it was eye opening to both of us. Welcome to big girl lacrosse! Years of practice and tournaments, camps and visits. It all came naturally to you. You didn’t know…You were a public school girl in an area where privates dominate. Oh well, let’s go to high school. 3 out of 4 years with State championships, multiple year unbeaten streak and you were on top of the local lax scene. School Girls/National Tournament and Under Armour, every year a new height. Recruiting calls, recruiting trips, so much time and miles spent finding a fit. I still remember that call we got 15 minutes after leaving Max Exposure from your future coach. Prospect days, offers, commitment(s :oops: ) and a final choice. You went to a big program and stepped on the field unsure…only to start every game. You are a clutch player, who rises to big games. You are a competitor, a mudder who leaves it all on the field. The ups and downs of D1 athletics, the rigor of a Biology major, nothing ever appeared to be out of your hands or reach. I am proud of you as an athlete. You have done far more than I ever could imagine. I don’t know how your last (this) year will end, but know that you have made a mark on your teammates, your coaches, your siblings, your parents.

You are arguably one of the best people I know. Win or lose on Thursday, we have your back. We look forward to the next impossible dream you pursue. I know you will take it on, and just like lacrosse or academics, you will succeed.

OK enough sappy dad stuff....proceed with silly gifs, youtube snips and other LP BUS stuff.

[edit] modified the best person comment...dont want to forget my other princesses. :oops: :roll:
Last edited by Dr. Tact on Tue May 17, 2022 6:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.
wlaxphan20

Re: To my daughter

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Dr. Tact wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 6:06 pm

NJBill got me thinking….She wont ever see this, but it is something that I wanted to write/tell her on the cusp of the biggest Lacrosse game of her life. I think I will take a break until after Thursday....

To my daughter:

From the day you picked up a stick in Oregon (lax hot bed :lol: !), I knew you would go far. You didn’t, that’s OK, but I saw it. When we moved to the DC area and you found your way into a club, it was eye opening to both of us. Welcome to big girl lacrosse! Years of practice and tournaments, camps and visits. It all came naturally to you. You didn’t know…You were a public school girl in an area where privates dominate. Oh well, let’s go to high school. 3 out of 4 years with State championships, multiple year unbeaten streak and you were on top of the local lax scene. School Girls/National Tournament and Under Armour, every year a new height. Recruiting calls, recruiting trips, so much time and miles spent finding a fit. I still remember that call we got 15 minutes after leaving Max Exposure from your future coach. Prospect days, offers, commitment(s :oops: ) and a final choice. You went to a big program and stepped on the field unsure…only to start every game. You are a clutch player, who rises to big games. You are a competitor, a mudder who leaves it all on the field. The ups and downs of D1 athletics, the rigor of a Biology major, nothing ever appeared to be out of your hands or reach. I am proud of you as an athlete. You have done far more than I ever could imagine. I don’t know how your last (this) year will end, but know that you have made a mark on your teammates, your coaches, your siblings, your parents.

You are the best person I know.Win or lose on Thursday, we have your back. We look forward to the next impossible dream you pursue. I know you will take it on, and just like lacrosse or academics, you will succeed.

OK enough sappy dad stuff....proceed with silly gifs, youtube snips and other LP BUS stuff.

+100000000 Doc. I think she should see it.
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

To my daughter:

You are arguably one of the best people I know. Win or lose on Thursday, we have your back. We look forward to the next impossible dream you pursue. I know you will take it on, and just like lacrosse or academics, you will succeed.

[edit] modified the best person comment...dont want to forget my other princesses. :oops: :roll:
Wonderful, thank you for sharing with us hooligans. Also, smart edit.
glaxer24

Post by glaxer24 »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 6:11 pm

To my daughter:

You are the best person I know.Win or lose on Thursday, we have your back. We look forward to the next impossible dream you pursue. I know you will take it on, and just like lacrosse or academics, you will succeed.

+100000000 Doc. I think she should see it.
Agreed :)
Justalaxdad

Post by Justalaxdad »

To my daughter:

Doc,

Your post got me to thinking - thinking about something similar I did the day we dropped my D off at school for the first time. A very difficult day for me indeed. I wish I could be more like you and let things roll off my back and not respond to nonsense, pot stirrers, etc. I was able to do it for a long time until of course it happened to my D on this forum. At that point I wasn’t able to sit back and watch someone go after her and lie for no reason that I could understand. I was drawn into it at that point because parents will always protect their kids. I’ve come to realize you aren’t going to change people who are here just to be, well let’s just say to be “whatever”. I like you will go back to (try to) being a mostly observer of the forum, participate in the legitimate threads, and try to enjoy the forum again. This sport has given waaaaay to much to my family to get drawn into the nonsense.

Your D will so appreciate that letter. Whatever happens this weekend, she will have had an incredible lax experience! She’ll also have a new fan - it gives me more reason to root for the Hounds this weekend. I also have a new found friend in the BC family so I’ll be rooting for them as well. It’s a win/win!!!
@inthe8m

Post by @inthe8m »

cltlax wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 4:12 pm
:lol:
:lol: :lol:
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself.
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

LarryGamLax wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 3:30 pm
Lax101 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 2:47 pm Doc - am I reading the string properly, does your daughter play for Loyola. If so I wish her well. I have so much respect for these young women who sacrifice so much and play so hard at the D1 level. I will be at the game as well and will root her on if you are willing to share her number.

See, THIS is exactly what I scream about...though I don't think you meant it like this.

So only the young women at the "D1 level" sacrifice so much and play so hard? That is an absolute BS take and shows you know nothing about Women's Lacrosse. D2 and D3...I guess it means nothing to them as they don't sacrifice anything like the D1 girls.
By the way, Dr. Tact has a daughter at the D3 level. Not important right?

Lacrosse elitism and snobbery at its finest.
No need to jump down someone’s throat here. It was an innocuous comment which was clearly not intended as a slight.
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

Can Opener wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 10:13 am
LarryGamLax wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 3:30 pm
Lax101 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 2:47 pm Doc - am I reading the string properly, does your daughter play for Loyola. If so I wish her well. I have so much respect for these young women who sacrifice so much and play so hard at the D1 level. I will be at the game as well and will root her on if you are willing to share her number.

See, THIS is exactly what I scream about...though I don't think you meant it like this.

So only the young women at the "D1 level" sacrifice so much and play so hard? That is an absolute BS take and shows you know nothing about Women's Lacrosse. D2 and D3...I guess it means nothing to them as they don't sacrifice anything like the D1 girls.
By the way, Dr. Tact has a daughter at the D3 level. Not important right?

Lacrosse elitism and snobbery at its finest.
No need to jump down someone’s throat here. It was an innocuous comment which was clearly not intended as a slight.
I think this needs to be said more and if you see it as me jumping down someone's throat, then that's not my intent. If I go to the Women's D3 Forum am I going to see any comments by Can Opener? I'm not trying to be mean to anyone, but I get annoyed when a comment is made that seems to say that only one division or one group of players are important. They ALL sacrifice. They ALL play hard...and they ALL matter.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

I have Loyola by 2 - they seem to be playing their best lax of the season while BC is a bit flat. I'm not sure how Jen Adams will defend CN - but I'm very much looking forward to the potential match up of #32 vs CN, if that's how they play it.

Wild card is the goalie play - Loyola statistically has the better goalie, but we've seen that the BC goalie can stand on her head in big games.
Bart

Post by Bart »

Good to see 45 out there
laxlaxlax

Post by laxlaxlax »

Let’s go Hounds!

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”