USA Lacrosse Magazine Announces Division I Men's All-Americans

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Farfromgeneva

Re: USA Lacrosse Magazine Announces Division I Men's All-Americans

Post by Farfromgeneva »

genghiskhanbluejay wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:57 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:45 pm
genghiskhanbluejay wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:40 pm They named (38) 1st, 2nd and 3rd team All Americans and only 3 of them were Ivy players.

ACC 1 tournament team, 11 All Americans
Ivy 6 tournament teams, 3 All Americans
Obviously the good players are all in the ACC. Do you realize how good you have to be to be named an AA if you ain’t from the ACC or Big Ten? You have to make it hard for them not to select you.
Obviously all the good coaches are in the Ivy league, coaching up all those non all american players and getting all their teams into the big dance (sans the green one)
viewtopic.php?f=290&t=3540&start=160
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

MoralTerpitude wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:52 pm Pat Effing Kavanaugh is second team? That is outrageous. Let’s take a look at the numbers:

28% shooting, pumped up by three games against Marquette and Syracuse twice (43% across those games). Without those games, he shot 23%!

25 goals, but onlly 16 if you drop those three games.

39 assists, but only 24 if you drop those three games.

Yes he got 39 groundballs, but he’s an attackman, and he should be judged primarily on scoring efficiency.

Piatelli or Kirst should have his spot.

It is also weird not to see Long, Khan, Murphy, or Zapitello on the list. Geppert should at least be an HM.
Those Cornell attackmen are a handful.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Jlax92

Post by Jlax92 »

I agree that second team for Pat Kav is pretty generous.
A ridiculous number of ACC all Americans for all the talk about an inferior level of lacrosse compared to the Ivy, which had three ALl Americans on the 1st 2nd and third teams
Jlax92

Post by Jlax92 »

a fan wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 4:52 pm Unless I missed it, no Hopkins All Americans. First time ever?
Has anyone confirmed that this is actual a record ? It’s a pretty remarkable stat
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Jlax92 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 12:29 am I agree that second team for Pat Kav is pretty generous.
A ridiculous number of ACC all Americans for all the talk about an inferior level of lacrosse compared to the Ivy, which had three ALl Americans on the 1st 2nd and third teams
those guys on the ivies don't care about individual awards. they are about team accomplishment, they'd much rather have that. and that starts a new chapter this weekend.

Post by 1766 »

Congrats to all 7 of the All American's from Rutgers! A few were mislabeled though.
NYterp09

Post by NYterp09 »

wgdsr wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 12:51 am
Jlax92 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 12:29 am I agree that second team for Pat Kav is pretty generous.
those guys on the ivies don't care about individual awards. they are about team accomplishment, they'd much rather have that. and that starts a new chapter this weekend.
As opposed to all of those players from the other leagues who only want the individual awards?
rasheed

Post by rasheed »

10stone5 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 4:44 pm Unfortunate - no room for Moore,
maybe he shows up on one of the other AAs
if he and UVA have a string tournament.
So the kid Frank Urso said was the greatest player he ever saw, who just broke Stanwicks all time points record and who was picked 4th in the PLL draft - doesn’t make HM?
rasheed

Post by rasheed »

wgdsr wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 12:51 am
since when do you have to be an Ivy player to feel that way? Are you saying UVA players don’t care about the team?
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

There will most likely be two other All American list. USILA All-American team and IL will know doubt put out a list
Dip&Dunk

Post by Dip&Dunk »

genghiskhanbluejay wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:40 pm They named (38) 1st, 2nd and 3rd team All Americans and only 3 of them were Ivy players.

Guess they didn’t use RPI for AA determination.
lorin

Post by lorin »

Dip&Dunk wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:13 am

Guess they didn’t use RPI for AA determination.
So is life, do you think Nichturn first in points, first in assist per game would be second team if he played in the ACC.
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

rasheed wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 2:57 am
10stone5 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 4:44 pm Unfortunate - no room for Moore,
maybe he shows up on one of the other AAs
if he and UVA have a string tournament.
So the kid Frank Urso said was the greatest player he ever saw, who just broke Stanwicks all time points record and who was picked 4th in the PLL draft - doesn’t make HM?
It’s not a career achievement award. He missed three games this year because of injury and before the last two games against Cuse and Lafayette, two 4 win teams, he was averaging 3.4 PPG. WhIch is good, but not AA level. Moore had an unbelievable career, but not an unbelievable season, which again, is down to unfortunate injuries
sc lax

Post by sc lax »

No Koby Smith on any team? I guess the PLL thinks differently
calourie

Post by calourie »

AreaLax wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 5:46 am There will most likely be two other All American list. USILA All-American team and IL will know doubt put out a list
IIRC IL media AAs include more than 3 attackmen, 3 defensemen, 3 middies etc. which tends to dilute their significance. USILA AAs consist of the traditional 3 attack, 3 mids, 3 Ds, 1 goalie and 1 each at the specialty positions so considerably more meaningful to my thinking.

Post by 1766 »

Shellenberger as 3rd teams seems low. Kamish might be the best SSDM in the country. Honorable mention is inaccurate.
harflax

Post by harflax »

sc lax wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:20 am No Koby Smith on any team? I guess the PLL thinks differently
Yes, Koby Smith’s snub really shows a lack of homework on the part of the individuals selecting the team.
nyjay

Post by nyjay »

Jlax92 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 12:31 am
a fan wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 4:52 pm Unless I missed it, no Hopkins All Americans. First time ever?
Has anyone confirmed that this is actual a record ? It’s a pretty remarkable stat
No Hop players last year either. I had found something that said last year was the first time since 1945 that no Hop players had made the list. But I can't find confirmation now. Will keep looking.
nyjay

Post by nyjay »

1766 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 11:28 am Shellenberger as 3rd teams seems low. Kamish might be the best SSDM in the country. Honorable mention is inaccurate.
Maybe fair based on the season, but if you told me in Feb that he'd be anything other than a 1st teamer, I would have told you that you were nuts.
Dip&Dunk

Post by Dip&Dunk »

1766 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 11:28 am Shellenberger as 3rd teams seems low. Kamish might be the best SSDM in the country. Honorable mention is inaccurate.
His performance when Moore was hurt was what probably moved him down.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”