ESPN Crew is Unlistenable

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Henpecked

Re: ESPN Crew is Unlistenable

Post by Henpecked »

MDralphie wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 10:37 pm Anish has a great broadcaster voice. Unfortunately, he cannot offer a single fresh thought or perspective because he knows nothing of lacrosse except what is trending from the other “voices of lacrosse” The production of the show tonight was dreadful. The boys were on their ND knees tonight. While I agree ND is a tough team, they played 12 games and their claim to fame was beating Duke x2. No other wins that mattered. Duke at least beat a handful of teams in the Tournament despite 5 losses
Duke had 6 losses not 5. Last one hurt the most.
MoralTerpitude

Post by MoralTerpitude »

All us hard-core lax-heads think Carc and Quint talk way too much BS that is unrelated to the sport. Human interest stories, bro talk, workout regimens, food, etc. But it’s basically no different than what NBC does at the Olympics. They’re trying to engage non-lax fans who perhaps happened on to the channel by accident, or first-time viewers that were pulled in by a lax-head friend. I wouldn’t mind it as much if they weren’t such ACC homers. And I think airing those pro-ACC sentiments on air is entirely their choice, and a reflection of their own opinions, not something they’re being directed to say.

Post by 1766 »

MoralTerpitude wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 11:02 pm All us hard-core lax-heads think Carc and Quint talk way too much BS that is unrelated to the sport. Human interest stories, bro talk, workout regimens, food, etc. But it’s basically no different than what NBC does at the Olympics. They’re trying to engage non-lax fans who perhaps happened on to the channel by accident, or first-time viewers that were pulled in by a lax-head friend. I wouldn’t mind it as much if they weren’t such ACC homers. And I think airing those pro-ACC sentiments on air is entirely their choice, and a reflection of their own opinions, not something they’re being directed to say.
They literally looked like they were going to cry when Notre Dame and Duke were left out. Pretty funny. ESPN owns the Acc network. They are promoting their products and it completely clouds their judgement and ability to be impartial. It's really that simple. It seems no one really takes them seriously which is the good news.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

MoralTerpitude wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 11:02 pm All us hard-core lax-heads think Carc and Quint talk way too much BS that is unrelated to the sport. Human interest stories, bro talk, workout regimens, food, etc. But it’s basically no different than what NBC does at the Olympics. They’re trying to eengage non-lax fans who perhaps happened on to the channel by accident, or first-time viewers that were pulled in by a lax-head friend. I wouldn’t mind it as much if they weren’t such ACC homers. And I think airing those pro-ACC sentiments on air is entirely their choice, and a reflection of their own opinions, not something they’re being directed to say.
But ESPN retains those biased services, thereby endorsing that shallow, vapid commentary.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

1766 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 11:09 pm
MoralTerpitude wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 11:02 pm All us hard-core lax-heads think Carc and Quint talk way too much BS that is unrelated to the sport. Human interest stories, bro talk, workout regimens, food, etc. But it’s basically no different than what NBC does at the Olympics. They’re trying to engage non-lax fans who perhaps happened on to the channel by accident, or first-time viewers that were pulled in by a lax-head friend. I wouldn’t mind it as much if they weren’t such ACC homers. And I think airing those pro-ACC sentiments on air is entirely their choice, and a reflection of their own opinions, not something they’re being directed to say.
They literally looked like they were going to cry when Notre Dame and Duke were left out. Pretty funny. ESPN owns the Acc network. They are promoting their products and it completely clouds their judgement and ability to be impartial. It's really that simple. It seems no one really takes them seriously which is the good news.
Maybe Disney will start a spin-off for them: The Laxateers. They could have a little song, some doofy costumes…
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

Making the broadcast worse for the actual people watching in order to cater to some imaginary non-lax fan needs to have died 20 years ago. It’s not grounded in any reality and is counterproductive.
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

Anish is on a Twitter bender about this.
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

Anish has been bad, but the Ossello and that whole wing of Twitter has gone completely unhinged. It’s legitimately kind of gross.
b1w7o9y7h

Post by b1w7o9y7h »

jrn19 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 12:17 am Anish has been bad, but the Ossello and that whole wing of Twitter has gone completely unhinged. It’s legitimately kind of gross.
Dick Vitale weighing in on Twitter, too. Has grandson lax commit heading to ND and I think he feels it’s basketball season still, thus confusing March and May Madness.
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

jrn19 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 12:17 am Anish has been bad, but the Ossello and that whole wing of Twitter has gone completely unhinged. It’s legitimately kind of gross.
Seem like as a defacto ambassador of the sport, this behavior is pretty unprofessional.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Never heard of him. Apparently he's an ND alum. He tweeted this: "Firing isnt enough. Clearing the committee isnt enough. There isnt enough space at Guantanamo and there arent enough flights to Bolivia for what just happened."

I'm sure his former professors at Notre Dame are very proud.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

rolldodge wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 12:59 am
Seem like as a defacto ambassador of the sport, this behavior is pretty unprofessional.
Duke and ND are poorly coached.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
CU77

Post by CU77 »

jrn19 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 12:17 am Anish has been bad
Anish tweeted
Leaving @NDlacrosse out of the tournament is an absolute joke. Complete joke. One of the worst decisions the selection committee has made.

Clearly - watching games is not necessary to be on the committee.
Has this top announcer for lax on ESPN ever actually, you know, read the selection criteria? Is he really so uninformed as to believe that the committee is supposed to watch film and decide on that?

I mean, OK, Cuse grad, that explains a lot, but still ...
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

Henpecked wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 10:48 pm
MDralphie wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 10:37 pm Anish has a great broadcaster voice. Unfortunately, he cannot offer a single fresh thought or perspective because he knows nothing of lacrosse except what is trending from the other “voices of lacrosse” The production of the show tonight was dreadful. The boys were on their ND knees tonight. While I agree ND is a tough team, they played 12 games and their claim to fame was beating Duke x2. No other wins that mattered. Duke at least beat a handful of teams in the Tournament despite 5 losses
This Skolnick AD @ Delaware what is his background? Obviously not lacrosse
Gobigred

Post by Gobigred »

Six losses.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Mr3Putt wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 4:23 am
Henpecked wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 10:48 pm
This Skolnick AD @ Delaware what is his background? Obviously not lacrosse
That isn't a criteria for inclusion. Never has been.
AOD

Post by AOD »

PizzaSnake wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 11:10 pm
MoralTerpitude wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 11:02 pm All us hard-core lax-heads think Carc and Quint talk way too much BS that is unrelated to the sport. Human interest stories, bro talk, workout regimens, food, etc. But it’s basically no different than what NBC does at the Olympics. They’re trying to eengage non-lax fans who perhaps happened on to the channel by accident, or first-time viewers that were pulled in by a lax-head friend. I wouldn’t mind it as much if they weren’t such ACC homers. And I think airing those pro-ACC sentiments on air is entirely their choice, and a reflection of their own opinions, not something they’re being directed to say.
But ESPN retains those biased services, thereby endorsing that shallow, vapid commentary.
True. And if entertaining the non-lax fan is a goal, then they need to go for the full-on Booker.
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

CU77 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 2:39 am
Anish tweeted
Leaving @NDlacrosse out of the tournament is an absolute joke. Complete joke. One of the worst decisions the selection committee has made.

Has this top announcer for lax on ESPN ever actually, you know, read the selection criteria? Is he really so uninformed as to believe that the committee is supposed to watch film and decide on that?

Should selection committee members not be required to gaze upon the gleaming golden Notre Dame helmets? Would they not then sense the echoes of Knute Rockne and the Gipper, accept the gloriously corny mythologies of big-football schools? To watch ACC calf muscles straining valiantly, albeit in defeat, fine athletic specimens entitled to grace the play-off stage, passing the eye test with flying colors while those Ivy Leaguers are hiding in some library studying for the GREs. It must then be Notre Dame's destiny to battle timelessly on green fields of spring, making their Irish ancestors proud.
notentitled

Post by notentitled »

I think the crew is there for entertainment and fun. I do not think they are supposed to keep their opinions to themselves and I enjoy all 3 of them. The hate on here makes ESPN happy. It means people are watching.

Go Penn and Cornell
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

FannOLax wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 7:51 am
CU77 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 2:39 am
Anish tweeted

Should selection committee members not be required to gaze upon the gleaming golden Notre Dame helmets? Would they not then sense the echoes of Knute Rockne and the Gipper, accept the gloriously corny mythologies of big-football schools? To watch ACC calf muscles straining valiantly, albeit in defeat, fine athletic specimens entitled to grace the play-off stage, passing the eye test with flying colors while those Ivy Leaguers are hiding in some library studying for the GREs. It must then be Notre Dame's destiny to battle timelessly on green fields of spring, making their Irish ancestors proud.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”