Maryland 2022

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Maryland75

Re: Maryland 2022

Post by Maryland75 »

Do you really believe that 2021 was a normal season ONW? I won’t besmirch BC and I’ll readily admit that Maryland was not a championship quality team in 2021 but I do believe that teams that played out of conference as well as being in a strong conference with multiple games against top teams, worked in their favor and made it seem like a more typical year.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Maryland75 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:42 am Do you really believe that 2021 was a normal season ONW? I won’t besmirch BC and I’ll readily admit that Maryland was not a championship quality team in 2021 but I do believe that teams that played out of conference as well as being in a strong conference with multiple games against top teams, worked in their favor and made it seem like a more typical year.
It was normal enough for BC's title to be entirely unimpeachable.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Maryland75 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:07 am Based on the players that have gone through the UNC program 2 National Championships is sad. I won’t take away the 2 championships they won. The first at Villanova was a three overtime victory. The second was a clear win in Chester for UNC. Maryland ruled the ACC when they were in that league and UNC’s success came after their departure. Five of the UNC ACC championships would most likely have been won by Maryland if they had remained. Enough about UNC. They’ve proven with all their talent they struggle to Winn in the Final four. BC’s victory last year is once again proof . I’m not so sure that last years lacrosse season shouldn’t have an asterisk since the IVY league didn’t participate and the Big Ten only played league games in a relatively weak year. BC was not the best team all year and really won it due to the outstanding play of Charlotte North and a hot goal keeper in the play offs. They peaked at the right time.Most teams schedule their out of conference games to build their skills for the post season and last year the ACC afforded their top teams games against each other which made them better prepared. Northwestern would’ve certainly benefited from this.
What a revolting post, the hubris here is incredibly off putting and I have to agree with laxer12 in that you do nothing to gain fans and support for your program....quite the opposite actually. Your superiority complex blurs your vision and doesn't allow you to respect other's accomplishments. Sad to win two NCs? Other teams have only won because of this and that? It is extremely difficult to win the NC and it doesn't happen by accident, to downplay that accomplishment is the definition of sour grapes and disrespect.
BC didn't win the title because of North and Hall, they won it because the entire team played with a focus, determination, and eye on the prize like no one else, particularly coming down the stretch. This was a talented team that was not going to beat, not because of what anyone else was or wasn't doing, but because of what they were doing. North had 2 Gs v UNC. Did you forget about Medjid?
You and TL are something else, one disappears completely when Maryland doesn't win it all and you give us reasons why others shouldn't have when they do.
GO ANYBODY BUT MARYLAND!!!!
Maryland75

Post by Maryland75 »

So you now resort to name calling ONW ? Look into a mirror if you want to see arrogance!
OuttaNowhereWregget

Maryland75 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:04 am So you now resort to name calling ONW ? Look into a mirror if you want to see arrogance!
No response to this?

"It was normal enough for BC's title to be entirely unimpeachable."
OuttaNowhereWregget

DMac wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:54 am
Maryland75 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:07 am Based on the players that have gone through the UNC program 2 National Championships is sad. I won’t take away the 2 championships they won. The first at Villanova was a three overtime victory. The second was a clear win in Chester for UNC. Maryland ruled the ACC when they were in that league and UNC’s success came after their departure. Five of the UNC ACC championships would most likely have been won by Maryland if they had remained. Enough about UNC. They’ve proven with all their talent they struggle to Winn in the Final four. BC’s victory last year is once again proof . I’m not so sure that last years lacrosse season shouldn’t have an asterisk since the IVY league didn’t participate and the Big Ten only played league games in a relatively weak year. BC was not the best team all year and really won it due to the outstanding play of Charlotte North and a hot goal keeper in the play offs. They peaked at the right time.Most teams schedule their out of conference games to build their skills for the post season and last year the ACC afforded their top teams games against each other which made them better prepared. Northwestern would’ve certainly benefited from this.
What a revolting post, the hubris here is incredibly off putting and I have to agree with laxer12 in that you do nothing to gain fans and support for your program....quite the opposite actually. Your superiority complex blurs your vision and doesn't allow you to respect other's accomplishments. Sad to win two NCs? Other teams have only won because of this and that? It is extremely difficult to win the NC and it doesn't happen by accident, to downplay that accomplishment is the definition of sour grapes and disrespect.
BC didn't win the title because of North and Hall, they won it because the entire team played with a focus, determination, and eye on the prize like no one else, particularly coming down the stretch. This was a talented team that was not going to beat, not because of what anyone else was or wasn't doing, but because of what they were doing. North had 2 Gs v UNC. Did you forget about Medjid?
You and TL are something else, one disappears completely when Maryland doesn't win it all and you give us reasons why others shouldn't have when they do.
GO ANYBODY BUT MARYLAND!!!!
Hear, hear!
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:05 am
laxer12 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:53 am
Testudo98 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:11 pm You won’t respond because Maryland has beaten all of those teams like Ike Turner.
This is why no one likes Maryland fans. Everyone dislikes arrogant, entitled, sore winner blowhards.
So well said, laxer12.

I agree. That tone is uncalled for.

Lacrosse is the MD state sport. Lacrosse, crabcakes and Old Bay creates a fever pitch. With more championships and history than any other state along with UMD, The Mount, Georgetown, Towson, Navy, UMBC, Hopkins and Loyola all within a 30 mile radius it’s a seething pit of Lax madness.
Mrs@inthe8m

Post by Mrs@inthe8m »

Essexfenwick wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:21 pm
laxer12 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:11 pm
Essexfenwick wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:05 pm
Dr. Tact wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:30 pm
Essexfenwick wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:15 pm Here’s to hoping for the 16th natty and whining and moaning.
Keep hoping. From what I have seen, both UNC and BC would beat MD. Not sure about anyone else, so I'll give you 3rd place.
I thought UMD beat Florida much worse than UNC did.
Comparing two teams based on how badly they both beat one common opponent isn't normally indicative of anything. Also, Florida scored 3 or 4 goals in garbage time to make that game appear closer than it ever was.

True but it’s the best data set to go on. Especially since UMD had a running clock on common opponent.

I think UMD with 9 or 10 underarmour AAs on the scout team (including last years number 2 and number 3 recruits) has a great team development opportunity even though they don’t play unc or Syracuse this year.
If number of senior UA AAs on a roster meant what you are implying, MD would not have had to shore up their roster through the transfer portal and JMU would not have won a NC. That said, MD looks improved this year and could be a final four contender but unfortunately the only top 10 team on this season's schedule is NU so we'll have to wait and see.
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

Mrs@inthe8m wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:11 am
Essexfenwick wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:15 pm Here’s to hoping for the 16th natty and whining and moaning.
Keep hoping. From what I have seen, both UNC and BC would beat MD. Not sure about anyone else, so I'll give you 3rd place.
Comparing two teams based on how badly they both beat one common opponent isn't normally indicative of anything. Also, Florida scored 3 or 4 goals in garbage time to make that game appear closer than it ever was.

True but it’s the best data set to go on. Especially since UMD had a running clock on common opponent.

I think UMD with 9 or 10 underarmour AAs on the scout team (including last years number 2 and number 3 recruits) has a great team development opportunity even though they don’t play unc or Syracuse this year.
If number of senior UA AAs on a roster meant what you are implying, MD would not have had to shore up their roster through the transfer portal and JMU would not have won a NC. That said, MD looks improved this year and could be a final four contender but unfortunately the only top 10 team on this season's schedule is NU so we'll have to wait and see.

Transfers that fit are coveted at all programs. UMD just has an advantage because once you put on the flag trimmed whites you are a member of lacrosse royalty.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Essexfenwick wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:01 am
Testudo98 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:11 pm You won’t respond because Maryland has beaten all of those teams like Ike Turner.
This is why no one likes Maryland fans. Everyone dislikes arrogant, entitled, sore winner blowhards.
So well said, laxer12.

Lacrosse is the MD state sport. Lacrosse, crabcakes and Old Bay creates a fever pitch. With more championships and history than any other state along with UMD, The Mount, Georgetown, Towson, Navy, UMBC, Hopkins and Loyola all within a 30 mile radius it’s a seething pit of Lax madness.
I'd like to be there to hear the response from some of the boys and gals down at the Onondaga Rez when you tell them that Md has more history than NY when it comes to lacrosse.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSoR9oGGpOc
Mrs@inthe8m

Post by Mrs@inthe8m »

Essexfenwick wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:14 am
Mrs@inthe8m wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:11 am

Transfers that fit are coveted at all programs. UMD just has an advantage because once you put on the flag trimmed whites you are a member of lacrosse royalty.
Ok but the point is MD always has a lot of UA AAs yet were not top 10 material in 2020 and 2021. Practicing against MD's scout team is not comparable to playing a top team and won't be the reason they get back to the final four (if that happens, which I would not rule out at this point).
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

DMac wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:54 am
So well said, laxer12.

I'd like to be there to hear the response from some of the boys and gals down at the Onondaga Rez when you tell them that Md has more history than NY when it comes to lacrosse.

New York State sport is baseball
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Essexfenwick wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:59 am
So well said, laxer12.

And ours is jousting historically. Lacrosse was named the state team sport in 2004 so it's not like it's always been that way. I am a fan and supporter of MD and I totally get why fans of other teams find the MD fans obnoxious. Hoping some of your bravado is just schtick. MD has more UAAAs sitting on their bench every game than most teams have on their roster. But if they were as good as hoped CR wouldn't have had to hit the transfer portal so hard after 2 down years. Not sure what good scrimmaging against girls she didn't think were good enough to play is doing for them.
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

hmmm wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:11 pm
So well said, laxer12.

And ours is jousting historically. Lacrosse was named the state team sport in 2004 so it's not like it's always been that way. I am a fan and supporter of MD and I totally get why fans of other teams find the MD fans obnoxious. Hoping some of your bravado is just schtick. MD has more UAAAs sitting on their bench every game than most teams have on their roster. But if they were as good as hoped CR wouldn't have had to hit the transfer portal so hard after 2 down years. Not sure what good scrimmaging against girls she didn't think were good enough to play is doing for them.
I’m just stating the obvious fact that Md is the center of the lacrosse universe. That’s why the hall of fame, most historic championships by an infinite margin are in Md and it’s Mds state sport. I really don’t see the issue.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Essexfenwick wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:35 pm
So well said, laxer12.

I’m just stating the obvious fact that Md is the center of the lacrosse universe. That’s why the hall of fame, most historic championships by an infinite margin are in Md and it’s Mds state sport. I really don’t see the issue.
I don't see you doing this for Johns Hopkins on the men's side. MD men are the most underachieving program in the sport sadly.
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

hmmm wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:59 pm
Essexfenwick wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:35 pm
So well said, laxer12.

I don't see you doing this for Johns Hopkins on the men's side. MD men are the most underachieving program in the sport sadly.
Hopkins is definitely included.

I think UMD mostly overachieves. Out recruited by Duke, UNC and UVA almost every year but always in the finals.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Essexfenwick wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:20 pm Out recruited by Duke, UNC and UVA almost every year but always in the finals.
If we’re keeping current with the stats, Maryland has been absent from the finals 2 of the last 3 full seasons.
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:26 pm
Essexfenwick wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:20 pm Out recruited by Duke, UNC and UVA almost every year but always in the finals.
If we’re keeping current with the stats, Maryland has been absent from the finals 2 of the last 3 full seasons.
Sigh.

6 finals in last 10 tournaments
OuttaNowhereWregget

Essexfenwick wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:39 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:26 pm
Sigh.

6 finals in last 10 tournaments
60% a lot different than 100%.
Lax101

Post by Lax101 »

I'm struggling as to why anyone thinks the current UMD is so good or why the near term future looks so wonderful. Last year they lost 3 times to NW and twice by running clock. You did add a great transfer player buy why should anyone view that as anything more than a bandaid. She is gone after this year and you really don't have much firepower on either end of the field that I can see. You will have to deal with NW and Scane for the two years and I think most people would see NW as the stronger team. I hope for UMD's sake that they beat NW handily this year because that is what both BC and UNC did. Hard to say you are at the caliber of BC and UNC if you don't take care of business vs NW. Is there a good reason as to why UMD did not schedule their typical good out of conference games this year?

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”