Nothinbutthelax

Re: Mustang Classic March 18-19 at Stevenson University

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

Yikes
Goalie not seeing it
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

C. Newport cah-rushing Gettysburg. 8-0 in the 2nd...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Nosey Ned

Post by Nosey Ned »

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:03 pm Yikes
Goalie not seeing it
That’s being kind! As in golf, I wonder if there’s a stat for total yardage of goals “holed”?! Gotta be close to a record here already!
Nothinbutthelax

Long distance indeed. A couple 15yards...Can’t tell if painting corners or if G-burg has a serious goalie issue?
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:34 pm Long distance indeed. A couple 15yards...Can’t tell if painting corners or if G-burg has a serious goalie issue?
CNU is very good, but some of their goals should have been saved. Hard to imagine G-burg beating Amherst tomorrow...
Laxdds

Post by Laxdds »

Total domination by the CNU!! Gettysburg is not that bad....but CNU may be that good
GO BULLETS!
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

Laxdds wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:09 pm Total domination by the CNU!! Gettysburg is not that bad....but CNU may be that good
GO BULLETS!
They are, take a hard look at who returned and younger players that have developed. Helluva job by the coach and players. 10 5th years, probably 25 guys over 190 lbs. they are big and talented
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

6-1 York early in the second. They’re looking good.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Now York running away. Lots of blow-outs today.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
richard

Post by richard »

Impressions from a great day at Stevie. CNU is impressive. Best team out there today. Lynchburg Denison was easily the best game Both teams played well. Lynchburg CNU tomorrow will be a barn burner. Amherst ran away in the second half from a pretty good Bates team. I hope that the Amherst administration appreciates what Woods is doing with the team. It certainly was not an ideal situation to walk knowingly into. The Gettysburg goalies had a real tough day and 11 to 0 ain’t the right way to start the day. That’s twice this year that G-burg is out of the gate with a zero in the first period. F&M is way overrated. Nothing new there.
Tomorrow is another day for all these teams and points of view will probably change.
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

I think we can all agree that CNU was very impressive. They are very fast and very skilled, long and aggressive on defense and getting good FO and goalie play. A legitimate contender at this point. Gettysburg had a rough start, their poor play made it 11-0, those two teams are probably closer than the score indicated. In any case kudos to CNU for coming out and hammering a strong opponent.

Amherst vs Bates went about as expected. Bates is not very good and there is a serious chance they end up winless. I think Gettysburg vs Amherst will be a good game.

York looked very motivated coming off of 2 losses. F&M doesn’t look like a top 20 team off that performance. We will know more by the weekends end.

Lynchburg vs Denison was a great game, I’m sure Denison wants that one back. I think both those teams are solid legit top 20 teams, neither looks like a title contender.
Bystanders

Post by Bystanders »

richard wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:18 pm Impressions from a great day at Stevie. CNU is impressive. Best team out there today. Lynchburg Denison was easily the best game Both teams played well. Lynchburg CNU tomorrow will be a barn burner. Amherst ran away in the second half from a pretty good Bates team. I hope that the Amherst administration appreciates what Woods is doing with the team. It certainly was not an ideal situation to walk knowingly into. The Gettysburg goalies had a real tough day and 11 to 0 ain’t the right way to start the day. That’s twice this year that G-burg is out of the gate with a zero in the first period. F&M is way overrated. Nothing new there.
Tomorrow is another day for all these teams and points of view will probably change.
“Pretty good Bates team?!”
richard

Post by richard »

I have no problem standing by that.
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

richard wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:29 pm I have no problem standing by that.
0-5. Lose by and average of 9.5 goals. Might be the worst Bates team in 10+ years.
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

My view of yesterdays games is that the first and last games were great and the middle three showed their is a clear separation.

CNU is one of the best teams I have seen this year. They have great energy and play with incredible pace and tempo. The score was not indicative of the actual game as they pulled their starters pretty early in the 4th, bae cause it looked like they could have scored 30 on the Bullets. I am not certain that Gettysburg is overrated at 10 simply because CNU is that good.

York- here is the proof that scheduling works. This team has had a lot of questions over the past few weeks after losing to RIT and Salisbury. This was one heck of a response. They learned that pace and tempo matter and that they needed to play faster and you can see how every position has stepped up there play. For the second week in a row Kennedy limited the other teams best player into being a non factor. Michael was brilliant in cage and the offense was humming with 14 of the 18 goals assisted. They played at a tempo that was faster than they had been and actually rivaled that of CNU. F&M is not a top team but doing that to the #8 team on the polls is impressive

Amherst -after a shaky starter pulls away from a game Bates team Amherst will certainly get a stiffer test today but they looked very solid all over the field. I will say that this score was probably the least surprising of the day as I thought that Bates was going to be a little over matched and Amherst struggled to put them away until late. I think that Amherst can make some noise in the NESCAC.

Did not see the other game but I was surprised by the Lynchburg score as an thought they were very good when I saw them earlier.
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

F&M may be #8 but they don’t look any better than an unranked Roanoke or W&L caliber team. I think it’s a close game with Stevenson tonight but ultimately they lose by 2-3 goals.
Laxdds

Post by Laxdds »

InsiderRoll wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:31 am F&M may be #8 but they don’t look any better than an unranked Roanoke or W&L caliber team. I think it’s a close game with Stevenson tonight but ultimately they lose by 2-3 goals.
This!!
Nothinbutthelax

G-burg Amherst may be a good game.
Even if you take some late goals off and call it 17-7 the bullets out played CNU after that 11-0 deluge. Maybe G-burg was nervous, deer in headlights but everything went CNU way with long range shots finding twine to Cabaniss FO goal.. I think G-burg are caged animals and will play with pride and grit against Amherst..

Maybe CNU took foot off gas and are that good but LYN has had this on circled.
Will coach K still with Hadley in goal? He came in and performed superbly! He is a BIG body with soft hands, sees LYNs 1’s in practice and CNU never seems him..
Is Cabaniss out. He was at 66% before coming out injured? Backups went 50%..
CNU hasn’t seen a LSM like LYN Darminio yet this year, one of the best one of the county.
Give LYN 6 Up chances and they bury 3-4

Enjoy this great day of lax
Wish cameras would pan to show the crowds between games-halftime so all can absorb the atmosphere!
If you haven’t seen coach K’s post game from yesterday it’s worth the watch. He sums up this great event nicely!
richard

Post by richard »

InsiderRoll wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:04 am [quote=richard post_id=345428 time=<a href="tel:1647660571">1647660571</a> user_id=418]
I have no problem standing by that.
0-5. Lose by and average of 9.5 goals. Might be the worst Bates team in 10+ years.
[/quote]
This might be the worst Bates team in ten years. They might go winless this year. But if you put them on the field with 80% of d3 teams they will come out as winners. There is enough talent on the team for them to get better. The coaching might be suspect to some. And then as all of the NESCAC fans like to say “ Top to bottom…….”.
Nothinbutthelax

Damn they will make you pay in transition!
Have to win some FO’s

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”