The Art of(or lack thereof) Goaltending

D1 Womens Lacrosse
LaxPundit07

Re: The Art of(or lack thereof) Goaltending

Post by LaxPundit07 »

Michigan goalie was fantastic last night.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Goalie Swagger

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

The Goaltending thread--where goalies strut their stuff.

OuttaNowhereWregget

Rachel Hall - Credit Where it's Due

Hall had a solid game Sunday. 8 saves on 16 shots faced.

LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 2:22 pm Michigan goalie was fantastic last night.
Totally agree!
OuttaNowhereWregget

Another game where Rachel Hall was impressive in the postseason and made big saves when she had to against Loyola. Credit where credit is due.
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 6:07 pm Another game where Rachel Hall was impressive in the postseason and made big saves when she had to against Loyola. Credit where credit is due.

You can do that. I will pass. 8 saves vs 13 goals allowed. In what world is that impressive? BC world obviously.
And remind me once again, what is "made big saves when she had to"? How does that work exactly? I know that's just an overused cliche, but I want you to tell me how that works strategically and physically?
OuttaNowhereWregget

LarryGamLax wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 7:21 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 6:07 pm Another game where Rachel Hall was impressive in the postseason and made big saves when she had to against Loyola. Credit where credit is due.

You can do that. I will pass. 8 saves vs 13 goals allowed. In what world is that impressive? BC world obviously.
And remind me once again, what is "made big saves when she had to"? How does that work exactly? I know that's just an overused cliche, but I want you to tell me how that works strategically and physically?
When Loyola seemed to be gaining momentum and BC needed a stop--Hall was there to supply it.
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 7:31 pm

When Loyola seemed to be gaining momentum and BC needed a stop--Hall was there to supply it.
Okay, but that's not how it works and there is no such thing. That would make anyone who does that Superhuman and I haven't seen any of them in the Multiverse of Madness.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

5 of halls saves were 5 hole shots that were ill advised. If there is one place not to shoot on her, its 5 hole. She drops in a split so fast that there is no room. Bad scouting or bad execution on Loyola.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

I will say 8 saves is better than 2 :oops:
OuttaNowhereWregget

LarryGamLax wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 7:56 pm

Okay, but that's not how it works and there is no such thing. That would make anyone who does that Superhuman and I haven't seen any of them in the Multiverse of Madness.
Not how what works? Hall made 8 saves. Her team won the game. What is complicated?
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

Dr. Tact wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 8:06 pm

True. Had to be Larsson's worst game ever. Her style is unorthodox and too High Risk. Yesterday she needed to think the game better. They(BC) got to her early and she was done. The turnovers didn't help either.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

LarryGamLax wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 8:59 pm
Dr. Tact wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 8:06 pm

True. Had to be Larsson's worst game ever. Her style is unorthodox and too High Risk. Yesterday she needed to think the game better. They(BC) got to her early and she was done. The turnovers didn't help either.
Agreed...you could feel her confidence go after one quarter....Traditionally, she was beat low hip/ankle. Yesterday it was all high. Some were off stick side, but still, she normally gets 40%, not 10%. I love KL, but yesterday was not her best game. She wasn't the only reason Loyola lost.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”