Maryland
73%
Duke
27%

Total votes: 51

youthathletics

Re: Maryland vs Duke

Post by youthathletics »

FlyEaglesFly wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 12:49 pm Don’t think Sowers has any chance of winning it
Maybe he can come back for another shot at it next year....does he not have a cv-19 year left?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

youthathletics wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 1:35 pm
FlyEaglesFly wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 12:49 pm Don’t think Sowers has any chance of winning it
Maybe he can come back for another shot at it next year....does he not have a cv-19 year left?
Not sure if this is a joke or not; but this is Sowers Covid year. He’s a 5th yr.
Kinduv

Post by Kinduv »

mary1and easy win,,,
Any great warrior is also a scholar, and a poet, and an artist.
-STEVEN SEAGAL
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

jrn19 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:43 pm
Not sure if this is a joke or not; but this is Sowers Covid year. He’s a 5th yr.
Everyone knows that Duke players get like 10 years of eligibility ! :lol:
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
Drcthru

Post by Drcthru »

HooDat wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:55 pm
jrn19 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:43 pm
Everyone knows that Duke players get like 10 years of eligibility ! :lol:
And Rutgers :o
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to do the dishes.
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

Kinduv wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:46 pm mary1and easy win,,,
Highly doubt it………….That being said, Go Terps!
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

All you watch e week. What is recipe for success for the Duke offense? IMO, MATT D is letting the offense be a stand and watch Sowers be the offense team. Duke is Duke when they move the ball. Sure, give Sowers his touches but get more people involved. This is not the Ivy League, yes it’s a step above. Move the ball.

I credit Md w a strategic approach to the FO’s at ND. Sometimes they did an early release to create a 50-50’w the wingman getting involved. Nasso is a different nut. Big matchup at the dot.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Mr3Putt wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 6:00 pm All you watch e week. What is recipe for success for the Duke offense? IMO, MATT D is letting the offense be a stand and watch Sowers be the offense team. Duke is Duke when they move the ball. Sure, give Sowers his touches but get more people involved. This is not the Ivy League, yes it’s a step above. Move the ball.

I credit Md w a strategic approach to the FO’s at ND. Sometimes they did an early release to create a 50-50’w the wingman getting involved. Nasso is a different nut. Big matchup at the dot.
You would be wrong.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Media day for the coaches
Outtakes from Chris Jastrzembski via Twitter
“ head coach John Danowski compared Maryland's Jared Bernhardt to Matt Danowski athletically but mentioned it's not just about one matchup, it's about the entire team matchup.”

“ Danowski commended Bernhardt's athleticism and only helps that he was a football player in HS (and perhaps again this fall).

Added that he and Wisnauskas are Batman and Robin. Noted that great combinations understand body language, what they like to do, and look for each other.”

“ head coach @CoachTillman1 on Logan Wisnauskas: Everybody in the program sees how dedicated, hardworking, and invested Logan is. Tillman likes to call him a pro, everyday you know what you’re getting. Logan’s fun is in the process of being a great player”

“ Tillman on the support from the MD community: The people here are awesome, coaches and players pull for each other. He enjoys meeting other athletes and it's fun to be with so many young people. Program means so much to so many people.”
Typical Lax Dad

AreaLax wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 6:37 pm Media day for the coaches
“ head coach John Danowski compared Maryland's Jared Bernhardt to Matt Danowski athletically but mentioned it's not just about one matchup, it's about the entire team matchup.”

“ Danowski commended Bernhardt's athleticism and only helps that he was a football player in HS (and perhaps again this fall).

Added that he and Wisnauskas are Batman and Robin. Noted that great combinations understand body language, what they like to do, and look for each other.”

“ head coach @CoachTillman1 on Logan Wisnauskas: Everybody in the program sees how dedicated, hardworking, and invested Logan is. Tillman likes to call him a pro, everyday you know what you’re getting. Logan’s fun is in the process of being a great player”

“ Tillman on the support from the MD community: The people here are awesome, coaches and players pull for each other. He enjoys meeting other athletes and it's fun to be with so many young people. Program means so much to so many people.”
I have been making the Matt Danowski comparison for two years. Matt was an unbelievable college player. Dripped with athleticism at Duke. So fast.
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 6:22 pm
Mr3Putt wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 6:00 pm All you watch e week. What is recipe for success for the Duke offense? IMO, MATT D is letting the offense be a stand and watch Sowers be the offense team. Duke is Duke when they move the ball. Sure, give Sowers his touches but get more people involved. This is not the Ivy League, yes it’s a step above. Move the ball.

You would be wrong.
Wrong about what ?
Typical Lax Dad

Mr3Putt wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 6:55 pm

You would be wrong.
Wrong about what ?
The offense being based on standing around and watching Sowers. I believe the staff has discussed trying to find a happy medium which is what the offense is principally. Might be why it seems disjointed often.
calourie

Post by calourie »

wgdsr wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:19 pm if anyone but bernhardt wins it, it's a ff showcase (this year) only. and i haven't agreed with that take.

he has easily been the best player, and it's not close.
I have no problem with the Tewey voters taking the FF into account. We have been given the opportunity to see how the three front runners perform against the very best of competition in the most pressure packed of situations, and if one stands out definitively (team victory or not) against the other two in that forum I'll have no problem if that particular player wins the award.
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:01 pm

You would be wrong.
Wrong about what ?
The offense being based on standing around and watching Sowers. I believe the staff has discussed trying to find a happy medium which is what the offense is principally. Might be why it seems disjointed often.
Dad your wrong ! Way too much of the little guy. Move the ball. Really good player, but he is v small. Look a Grey @ UNC . Smaller roll lately . Get everyone involved. Look @ the double at the end of the game, Loyola gut punched him.
Also why not draw and skip back side ? Where is it ? Standard Danowski lacrosse from Hofstra days.
Typical Lax Dad

Mr3Putt wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:11 pm

You would be wrong.
Wrong about what ?
Dad your wrong ! Way too much of the little guy. Move the ball. Really good player, but he is v small. Look a Grey @ UNC . Smaller roll lately . Get everyone involved. Look @ the double at the end of the game, Loyola gut punched him.
I am just telling you how the offensive system is run. Look at his TO’s down from normal levels as he doesn’t handle the ball as much. Midfield is going to let Duke down. I believe Duke is the 4th team in the finals.
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

IMO, the reason Duke's offense has underperformed...at least to expectations...is that they're not running the offense through O'Neill. They've made him an off ball shooter/finisher when he's probably the single true mismatch they have against every opponent. Him drawing slides from the wing probably opens up things for midfielders better than Sowers dancing from X with O'Neill on the left wing. Kinda makes that offense more predictable.

At this point, though, do you flip your offense and give him the keys in such a high stakes game? Dano's got onions, but that would take gigantic onions! Teams stick to their DNA this far into the season.
Typical Lax Dad

Wheels wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:18 pm
IMO, the reason Duke's offense has underperformed...at least to expectations...is that they're not running the offense through O'Neill. They've made him an off ball shooter/finisher when he's probably the single true mismatch they have against every opponent. Him drawing slides from the wing probably opens up things for midfielders better than Sowers dancing from X with O'Neill on the left wing. Kinda makes that offense more predictable.

At this point, though, do you flip your offense and give him the keys in such a high stakes game? Dano's got onions, but that would take gigantic onions! Teams stick to their DNA this far into the season.
I don’t like Duke’s offense. It’s predictable as you pointed out.
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

I don’t think ONeil is a ball carrier ....not just yet. He doesn’t change up his tempo, doesn’t push in pop out to feed . As good as he is, everyone has room to grow. The best tip I can give an offensive player is change your speeds. Don’t let your defenseman predict your tempo. Don’t be a pendulum. Any way, Duke needs to draw & dump , drive down the pipe , push the ball. Sorry this break dancing w Sowers vs the highest level is not going to work.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:13 pm
Mr3Putt wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:11 pm

You would be wrong.
Wrong about what ?
I am just telling you how the offensive system is run. Look at his TO’s down from normal levels as he doesn’t handle the ball as much. Midfield is going to let Duke down. I believe Duke is the 4th team in the finals.
give it to caputo's kid.
Terpslax1991

Post by Terpslax1991 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 6:39 pm
AreaLax wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 6:37 pm Media day for the coaches

I have been making the Matt Danowski comparison for two years. Matt was an unbelievable college player. Dripped with athleticism at Duke. So fast.
Are we really comparing JB’s athleticism to M Danowski? Danowski was a GREAT player but JB would dust him. JB is a significantly better athlete than Danowski.

This post may be sarcasm but I’m new to the board, so I don’t know.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”