Semifinal 1 -- UNC v. BC

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Cletus

Re: Semifinal 1 -- UNC v. BC

Post by Cletus »

watcherinthewoods wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 7:46 am Excellent point. I would keep an eye on Growney. She likes to rip from the 8’ if she can get her hands free ... and I am not sure the BC defense has enough depth to handle of the UNC threats. Growney is streaky and has been struggling a bit lately vs. her early season performance. She came up big for unc in 2019 and she is due.
Agreed. SRG can make the other team forget all about JO and KH. Just ask the Gators from earlier this season.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Perfect blueprint first possession. Get it to North, move the ball on the slide and find the open player low, score.

UNC seems ready to play....
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

watcherinthewoods wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 7:46 am Excellent point. I would keep an eye on Growney. She likes to rip from the 8’ if she can get her hands free ... and I am not sure the BC defense has enough depth to handle of the UNC threats. Growney is streaky and has been struggling a bit lately vs. her early season performance. She came up big for unc in 2019 and she is due.
Agreed. She's fun to watch
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

OMG.

8-5 BC at the half. Really impressed with the Eagles so far.
Last edited by seacoaster on Fri May 28, 2021 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Wow, and wow again!!
Hall POH (player of half).
Can Opener's got half his bag packed.
Gotta wait 30 minutes to pack the other
half though...or unpack. UNC is scary
even when they're behind.
Last edited by DMac on Fri May 28, 2021 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

DMac wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 1:02 pm Wow, and wow again!!
Hall POH (player of half).
Unquestionably. Rachel Hall is legit. UNC will *finally* do the right things to get and keep possession, get the right shot, and... Hall.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

That is Hall's best half of the season by a mile. DCs are very concerning for BC, however. Can't bank on Carolina shooting poorly and Hall standing on her head again in the second half. CN has had some buzzard's luck on shooting. I like AWW/KT moving her up top for the last few minutes of the half. She has much more space to work up there and dodges downhill. Very exciting game so far. My daughter just jinxed us, however, and texted me to say I should call Southwest. She is in school, but apparently watching the game on her laptop, pretending to be working on Spanish verb conjugations.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Can Opener wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 1:13 pm That is Hall's best half of the season by a mile. DCs are very concerning for BC, however. Can't bank on Carolina shooting poorly and Hall standing on her head again in the second half. CN has had some buzzard's luck on shooting. I like AWW/KT moving her up top for the last few minutes of the half. She has much more space to work up there and dodges downhill. Very exciting game so far. My daughter just jinxed us, however, and texted me to say I should call Southwest. She is in school, but apparently watching the game on her laptop, pretending to be working on Spanish verb conjugations.
Agreed on the draws (that cannot end well for BC if it persists) and your daughter jinxing the whole thing. Kids.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Can Opener wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 1:13 pm That is Hall's best half of the season by a mile. DCs are very concerning for BC, however. Can't bank on Carolina shooting poorly and Hall standing on her head again in the second half. CN has had some buzzard's luck on shooting. I like AWW/KT moving her up top for the last few minutes of the half. She has much more space to work up there and dodges downhill. Very exciting game so far. My daughter just jinxed us, however, and texted me to say I should call Southwest. She is in school, but apparently watching the game on her laptop, pretending to be working on Spanish verb conjugations.
Boot verbs!!! I'll never forget them as long as I live
DMac

Post by DMac »

Wow, that goal was huge, BC has to score on their possessions.
Up 4, but it doesn't feel comfortable.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Can Opener wrote
I like AWW/KT moving her up top for the last few minutes of the half. She has much more space to work up there and dodges downhill.
Agree, very good move. It's already paid off but will more as the game goes on if BC can continue to get possessions.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

DMac wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 1:22 pm Wow, that goal was huge, BC has to score on their possessions.
Up 4, but it doesn't feel comfortable.
That goal (No. 10) was bigger still. What a war.

Liking BC's clock management.

Poor calls. The FPS for Hoeg; the UNC kid lands in the goal circle...
DMac

Post by DMac »

Wow, now it's getting really scary, up 5. BC really poking the bear.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Only way UNC wins is if Moreno heats up and Hall cools off.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

By 5. 15 minutes...
Caddy Day
DMac

Post by DMac »

I'm afraid BC is going to start playing the clock more than the game at this point.
Just can't do that, take yourself out of the flow and stop doing what you've been
doing to have the lead.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

DMac wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 1:41 pm I'm afraid BC is going to start playing the clock more than the game at this point.
Just can't do that, take yourself out of the flow and stop doing what you've been
doing to have the lead.
Agreed; clock and possession management might be the key thing here. Have to still move the ball and find open looks.

Good TO.
Last edited by seacoaster on Fri May 28, 2021 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Pretty surprising that the three T finalists in this game are all coming up pretty small.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

UNC needs draws (and goals) and draws ( and goals) and...
Caddy Day
DMac

Post by DMac »

Draws are a must for BC at this point and they just can't win 'em. Gonna be big trouble.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”