UVA versus UNC

D1 Mens Lacrosse
pcowlax

Re: UVA versus UNC

Post by pcowlax »

FannOLax wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 12:31 pm
10stone5 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 12:16 pm That is a seriously nice field for lacrosse,

bounce shots, no problem at least for now.
Love watching lax on natural grass, with no excess (football) lines.

Let's see if the Heels' goalie has found his zone.
Great field. The irony of course is that is a football field that was never intended to host lax but has transitioned nicely to periodically hosting it. So off-season from football that no lines are down.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

UNC's goalie suddenly playing like a freshman
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

The depth of offensive talent on UVA is just absurd. Not many of these goals are on Krieg, completely screened by his own guy on that last one.
getitdone

Post by getitdone »

Until a smart coach realizes that the clamp is being lost and then swept back to the only player back there <UVA> this game is lost. Fix the FO and the rest will follow.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Perfect weather to test discipline and mental fortitude. And since everyone plays with mesh pockets, less likely to have skewed impact.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Amazingly weather actually looks for for D3 title game tomorrow. Not a beach weekend here in CT.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

pcowlax wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 12:55 pm Not many of these goals are on Krieg, completely screened by his own guy on that last one.
The one where Bowen screened him wasn't his fault but I feel like a lot of these have been. He's not reacting well at all. Barely moved on that one from Shellenberger, stick-side high near pipe.
10 10 2

Post by 10 10 2 »

Dance Tillman. Love it
random observer

Post by random observer »

random observer wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 12:24 pm With Cook out, Tillman should be starting on that first midfield line. Herbert just doesn't have it at this point.
Needs to be said again. Herbert has turned it over practically every time he's touched the ball.
calourie

Post by calourie »

Terrific game. 12-11 Hoos with 3 to go. Wonderful intensity. Strong comeback by UNC. Heels 10 man ride wreaking havoc. Demeanor of both coaches on the sidelines is exemplary.
Last edited by calourie on Sat May 29, 2021 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Great game. Both sides played like Champs and really wanted it.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

Two crucial failures in backing up shots by UNC.
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

Hard to say you underachieved with a 13-3 season, #1 seed, Final Four. But how many good games did UNC play in the tournament? 1? And it was against Monmouth. How many good halves or quarters did they play even?

They showed up in that 4th Quarter and rode their butts off and nearly pulled off the comeback but they played their worst lacrosse at the worst time.
Henpecked

Post by Henpecked »

calourie wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 2:15 pm Terrific game. 12-11 Hoos with 3 to go. Wonderful intensity. Strong comeback by UNC. Heels 10 man ride wreaking havoc. Demeanor of both coaches on the sidelines is exemplary.
As much as I hate to compliment Tiffany, he did a great job keeping his composure while his team was failing clear after clear. Can’t imagine how Tierney or Corrigan would react in that situation.

Looking forward to the next game!
10 10 2

Post by 10 10 2 »

random observer wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 2:12 pm
random observer wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 12:24 pm With Cook out, Tillman should be starting on that first midfield line. Herbert just doesn't have it at this point.
Needs to be said again. Herbert has turned it over practically every time he's touched the ball.
I completely agree. Why not just put Cook in his place instead of bumping out both Solomon and Kelly during crunch time?
cantrelax

Post by cantrelax »

Henpecked wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 2:39 pm
calourie wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 2:15 pm Terrific game. 12-11 Hoos with 3 to go. Wonderful intensity. Strong comeback by UNC. Heels 10 man ride wreaking havoc. Demeanor of both coaches on the sidelines is exemplary.
As much as I hate to compliment Tiffany, he did a great job keeping his composure while his team was failing clear after clear. Can’t imagine how Tierney or Corrigan would react in that situation.

They'd blame the officials of course.....
rasheed

Post by rasheed »

Ha! Why do you hate to compliment Tiffany? Hats off to Breschi for keeping his composure while his team was failing UVa score after UVascore the entire first half. In all seriousness - there's a ton of respect between Tiffany and Breschi. If these teams played 20 times, well, I imagine it would likely be about even. I must say though, I have gotten the sense (just like last year when everyone was picking against the Hoos) that one underestimates Virginia at their own risk.
ggait

Post by ggait »

I haven't watched much lax in the last year or so.

So looking at this game with somewhat fresh eyes really showed me what a positive change the shot clock has been.

UVA had a fair chance to work the clock and squeeze the trailing team. But still had to play O. And UNC had a reasonable chance to get enough possessions to claw their way back. I don't think that second half would be nearly as good without the shot clock.

And I love love love that substitutions now happen as part of the game flow and are close to invisible. The worst part of the pre-shot clock game was the awful stand around for 30 seconds and make substitutions.
Last edited by ggait on Sat May 29, 2021 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

rasheed wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 2:55 pm

Ha! Why do you hate to compliment Tiffany? Hats off to Breschi for keeping his composure while his team was failing UVa score after UVascore the entire first half. In all seriousness - there's a ton of respect between Tiffany and Breschi. If these teams played 20 times, well, I imagine it would likely be about even. I must say though, I have gotten the sense (just like last year when everyone was picking against the Hoos) that one underestimates Virginia at their own risk.
Dirty Franks time, Rasheed 8-)

0274142A-871C-424F-8EED-78E7EA0AED50.jpeg
0274142A-871C-424F-8EED-78E7EA0AED50.jpeg (80.85 KiB) Viewed 3204 times
rasheed

Post by rasheed »

10stone5 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 2:57 pm
rasheed wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 2:55 pm

Dirty Franks time, Rasheed 8-)

0274142A-871C-424F-8EED-78E7EA0AED50.jpeg
My God, I love that place. One of my top 5 all-time fave dive-bars in the USA

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”