2021 Coaching Carousel

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Nosey Ned

Re: 2021 Coaching Carousel

Post by Nosey Ned »

laxrat78 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:34 pm I hear you out but don't forget this is still D3 athletics. People saying Milliman are ripping the bong before posting. I said Plantholt because he's got a pretty good resume. He is a Gburg alum and is in their HOF.
I get all that and he does check a lot of boxes ... I’m not saying they will pluck a D1 guy. By higher I don’t mean Collegiate division. Higher profile with their likely recruit. I’m thinking more like top NESCAC asst or even HC from an Inter AC or NE West 1 like Tufts did. Just my opinion.... and you have yours.

And for the record... I never said Milliman, I simply pointed out that one poster shot that high! My bong has been in the closet for awhile and let’s leave it right where it is please!
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

laxrat78 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 5:19 pm PLANTHOLT to Gburg?
I don't think he's done well enough at OWU to get the job. I agree that there is absolutely no way that the JHU head coach would even consider this. The current Lynchburg coach is a Gettysburg grad; don't know how well he likes his situation in the western part of Virginia, but I think he might well consider Gburg.
SouthernLaxGenius

Post by SouthernLaxGenius »

I think Coach K, 5-10 years ago maybe, now, it possible that feeling has waned and why leave Lynchburg :?:
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

Can't imagine Koudelka leaving Lynchburg at this point.
richard

Post by richard »

A couple of names to be thrown around but for no particular job would be Zach Thomas and young John Haus.
ShoreThingMD

Post by ShoreThingMD »

It goes without saying, this is just my opinion....

Milliman- zero chance.
Kouda- most likely gets a call, but at this point why leave? He’s an associate ad and head coach at a top 5 program. As mentioned, years ago...yes, but not now.
Plantholt- have to imagine he’s both applying and will be considered.
Pearce - probably interviews

I think they’ll have a considerably strong candidate pool. Gettysburg is a “lacrosse school” with both a history of success both for the men’s and women’s programs. I can imagine some solid D1 assistants throwing their hat in the ring as well as some D3 coaches who have shown success, but have reached their full potential at that institution (possibly because of resources or draw/recruiting to that specific institution).

Buckle up and let the rumor mill begin/continue.
SouthernLaxGenius

There is a head D2 coach (in the south) who has been kicking the tires on the position and may put his name in the ring :?

IDK if he would be hired, but would be considered
camskidamski

Post by camskidamski »

Thomas should be a name that gets thrown around a little, though I’m not sure he’s ready for the GBurg job quite yet, potentially others
veryoldgoose

Post by veryoldgoose »

A bunch of big names and also some very credentialed younger coaches interviewed for the WAC job. Decision hopefully sometime in the next few weeks.
veryoldgoose

Post by veryoldgoose »

SouthernLaxGenius wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:32 pm There is a head D2 coach (in the south) who has been kicking the tires on the position and may put his name in the ring :?

IDK if he would be hired, but would be considered
If its JB, I have heard something similar but would be shocked if Gburg went in that direction.
WhiteCarrera

Post by WhiteCarrera »

I like this part of Shorething’s statement:

I can imagine some solid D1 assistants throwing their hat in the ring as well as some D3 coaches who have shown success, but have reached their full potential at that institution (possibly because of resources or draw/recruiting to that specific institution).

This is the type of coach that should also be looking at Wabash. They botched the last hire (a convenient local, midyear hire). In the Midwest - yes, but in the NCAC, and they have the resources and support to win in everything — they just haven’t done it yet in lacrosse. It’s a career position for the right guy!
Last edited by WhiteCarrera on Sun May 09, 2021 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's either a thoughtful comment or smartass sarcasm. Learn to recognize the difference.
ULLaxLuver

Post by ULLaxLuver »

River Donkey wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:44 pm
SouthernLaxGenius wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:23 pm
boredatwork wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:12 pm https://gettysburgsports.com/news/2021 ... coach.aspx

Pretty big one
Absolutely.

So many alum, former assistants, current coaches at "highly selective/academic colleges", the list of candidates could be quite long .

Coach J will be missed.
My guess is Koudelka takes the position.
Coach K isn’t leaving Lynchburg. That’s not gonna happen.
SouthernLaxGenius

Concordia University Chicago (has been open for a little while)
Laxdds

Post by Laxdds »

I'm the one who brought up Milliman and my mind is clear of any mind altering substances. All I'm saying is you pick up the phone and ask "hey coach do you have any interest in coming home to coach?" When he says "no thanks but thanks for thinking of me" you move on. I don't think Gettysburg would be doing their due diligence if they didn't do that. I don't think there is a 0% chance but I certainly agree it is a very very very small chance, but you never know.
GO BULLETS!
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

I think the Bullets will be going home grown. But not with Coach Milliman. I have to think Tommy Pearce is at least in the mix for this job.
boredatwork

Post by boredatwork »

Open:
William Peace
Guilford
Beloit
Wabash
Messiah
Washington College
Gettysburg
Concordia Chicago

Filled:
Greensboro- https://greensborocollegesports.com/new ... coach.aspx
veryoldgoose

Post by veryoldgoose »

WAC should be announcing the hire in the next few weeks.
SouthernLaxGenius

veryoldgoose wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:56 am WAC should be announcing the hire in the next few weeks.
I wonder if there will be a domino effect (whether high school or college) after announcement is made :?:
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

I have my eye on the WAC job. I think it could be interesting with its potential trickle-down effects.
WhiteCarrera

Post by WhiteCarrera »

You can add Washington & Jefferson to the list.
It's either a thoughtful comment or smartass sarcasm. Learn to recognize the difference.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”