Loyola Greyhounds

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Brownlax

Re: Loyola Greyhounds

Post by Brownlax »

Loyola Lacrosse Fall Ball Vlog - very entertaining to watch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NsVYQMx_Cs
hmmm

Re: Greyhounds release 2022 schedule

Post by hmmm »

2/19 should be a fun day and with a huge crowd at Homewood as the Hopkins and Loyola men play there that day as well. Good job by all the coaches to set that up as a doubleheader should be the norm in the series to help exposure to the women's game.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

From the 50th Anniversary.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Matnum PI wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:24 am From the 50th Anniversary.
Hey...I know one of those ladies.... :D
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Dr. Tact wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:33 amHey...I know one of those ladies.... :D
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:31 pm Image
Its amazing how some team's social media/graphics are so good - and others are just average.
Loyoyla's looks great.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Laxfan500 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:27 pmIts amazing how some team's social media/graphics are so good - and others are just average.
Loyola's looks great.
Agreed. And, though some may disagree, I think a team's social media game plays no small role in attracting recruits. (I'm tempted to go on a diatribe about how powerful social media is today, especially to teenagers - i.e. recruits - but I'll spare you.) Loyola does a good job. Both on the Men's and Women's side.
Caddy Day
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:15 pm
Laxfan500 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:27 pmIts amazing how some team's social media/graphics are so good - and others are just average.
Loyola's looks great.
Agreed. And, though some may disagree, I think a team's social media game plays no small role in attracting recruits. (I'm tempted to go on a diatribe about how powerful social media is today, especially to teenagers - i.e. recruits - but I'll spare you.) Loyola does a good job. Both on the Men's and Women's side.
Totally!
user1020

Post by user1020 »

They most likely have a graphic design student working on them. I agree they look great. Other schools probably have assistant coaches working on their social medias
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Dr. Tact

Loyola Greyhounds Early Schedule

Post by Dr. Tact »

Hey! I am curious what you guys/gals think of Loyola's chance in the early part of the season. I can't look at it objectively and I don't need smoke blown up (you know where)....

@ Hop
Towson
@ Penn
We are
@G'town
FLA
@Lehigh
Princeton
BU
Cuse

10 games before the rest of the PL slate.
hmmm

Re: Loyola Greyhounds Early Schedule

Post by hmmm »

Dr. Tact wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:39 pm Hey! I am curious what you guys/gals think of Loyola's chance in the early part of the season. I can't look at it objectively and I don't need smoke blown up (you know where)....

@ Hop
Towson
@ Penn
We are
@G'town
FLA
@Lehigh
Princeton
BU
Cuse

Tough to say on Penn and Princeton. Cuse obviously the toughest game on the schedule on paper but it's at home which helps. With all the talent the Hounds have back it's not inconceivable they go 10-0 through that stretch but with 7 or 8 good teams on the schedule I'd say 8-2 or 7-3 more likely. Loyola should have more talent than everyone but Cuse. Just my thoughts.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

hmmm wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:58 pm
Dr. Tact wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:39 pm Hey! I am curious what you guys/gals think of Loyola's chance in the early part of the season. I can't look at it objectively and I don't need smoke blown up (you know where)....

@ Hop
Towson
@ Penn
We are
@G'town
FLA
@Lehigh
Princeton
BU
Cuse

Tough to say on Penn and Princeton. Cuse obviously the toughest game on the schedule on paper but it's at home which helps. With all the talent the Hounds have back it's not inconceivable they go 10-0 through that stretch but with 7 or 8 good teams on the schedule I'd say 8-2 or 7-3 more likely. Loyola should have more talent than everyone but Cuse. Just my thoughts.

My mistake....Cuse...in the dome. :roll:
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Dr. Tact wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:01 pm
hmmm wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:58 pm

@ Hop
Towson
@ Penn
We are
@G'town
FLA
@Lehigh
Princeton
BU
Cuse

My mistake....Cuse...in the dome. :roll:
Obviously makes it tougher. Doesn't really change my prediction though. One of the more talented returning rosters in the country.
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

@ Hop
Towson
@ Penn
We are
@G'town
FLA
@Lehigh
Princeton
BU
Cuse

Assuming no stumble out of the gate like last year I can see 8-2. Assume a loss to SYR and then not sure where the other one comes from, maybe Towson given cross town rivalry or one of the Ivies. They should roll through the league schedule and get really deep in the tournament..who knows what can happen if goalie stands on her head...
DMac

Post by DMac »

Here's what I think, don't drive yourself nuts about this stuff, take it one game at a time and enjoy the season.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

@ Hop
Towson
@ Penn
We are
@G'town
FLA
@Lehigh
Princeton
BU
Cuse

I see the Hounds exacting a measure of revenge against Towson after last season’s upset. The Ivy teams just won’t be up to speed yet in order to compete at the level Loyola typically plays at. Hop might be tough out of the gate but Loyola has the talent and experience. And who knows where Syracuse will be mid season. I’d say 9-1 but with an unblemished 10-0 possible.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

DMac wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:45 pm Here's what I think, don't drive yourself nuts about this stuff, take it one game at a time and enjoy the season.
I think this is the best advice, but I'll say 8-2 (Cuse, Princeton).
Laxallday

Post by Laxallday »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:01 am
DMac wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:45 pm Here's what I think, don't drive yourself nuts about this stuff, take it one game at a time and enjoy the season.
I think this is the best advice, but I'll say 8-2 (Cuse, Princeton).
Agree with Coaster but I'll add Hopkins as a first game trap game. They play hard and have some Talent.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”