Coronavirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
wgdsr

Re: Coronavirus

Post by wgdsr »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:45 pm fair response, IMO,

But Birx has disgraced herself, unfortunately, so tougher to give her the benefit of the doubt anymore.
disgraced herself seems particularly harsh.
i am surprised by nothing.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:20 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:54 am The Feds are delivering the vaccine to where the states say they want it. How would you have administered the vaccinations ? Create a national health system from scratch ?
Not a national health system-----a national vaccination system. It's why I brought this up last summer.....we had six months to get our *hit together. We didn't do anything with that precious time.

We blow TRILLIONS on defense, and you're telling me that in a National Defense Emergency, we can't figure out how to set up a system to stick a needle in a few million arms in six months? We're going to lose half a million citizens to this stupid virus, and we're still behaving like this is just a bad flu season.
old salt wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:34 am The only viable option is to work through state & local health depts, building on their vacc clinics, health care providers & pharmacies. State & local govts know best what's available in their jurisdiction.
That's what we chose to do, yes. And like I said, we're going to add six months to this pandemic because the sense of urgency and leadership we had in WWII has left the building. We are LESS capable as a nation in 2020. We were better as a nation using clipboards and pencils in the 1940's to manage production and distribution, than we are with exponentially powerful computing that should make mincemeat out of logistics problems.

Frustrated.
It would be wasteful to create a separate, parallel, bureaucracy. There are insufficient medical & public health personnel, as it is.
Smaller countries, with existing national health care systems, are better suited to deal with this than our system is.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:43 pm It would be wasteful to create a separate, parallel, bureaucracy.
That's what we do best! How many different, parallel police forces are there in DC?
old salt wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:43 pm There are insufficient medical & public health personnel, as it is.
Smaller countries, with existing national health care systems, are better suited to deal with this than our system is.
Yep. And this is why we're going to get that at some point. What we are doing is, to put it mildly, a very expensive failure.

Anyone here want to wager what's going to happen to Health Insurance premiums post-Covid, when the Federal handouts dry up?

:roll:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

wgdsr wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:01 pm

But Birx has disgraced herself, unfortunately, so tougher to give her the benefit of the doubt anymore.
Perhaps, but the family gathering in Delaware...definitely a big stain, IMO. I'd been a defender (not that I thought she was a particularly effective communicator, but I think her heart's been in the right place and I felt for her having to deal with Trump) but tough to defend that decision when she'd been telling others to do differently.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:26 pm

Perhaps, but the family gathering in Delaware...definitely a big stain, IMO. I'd been a defender (not that I thought she was a particularly effective communicator, but I think her heart's been in the right place and I felt for her having to deal with Trump) but tough to defend that decision when she'd been telling others to do differently.
you are probably up in arms about fauci at the nats game, then.

me? i expect all these guys and gals to be doing their own thing whatever that is and then guiding the public.

par for the course by now, too.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

wgdsr wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:30 pm

me? i expect all these guys and gals to be doing their own thing whatever that is and then guiding the public.

Yeah, that was semi-disturbing, but apparently Fauci's bubble is quite small. I'm ok with that concept, but the optics were rough. In the Birx case, she'd just been directing families to do the opposite of what they did. Really, really hypocritical move.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:46 pm

Yeah, that was semi-disturbing, but apparently Fauci's bubble is quite small. I'm ok with that concept, but the optics were rough. In the Birx case, she'd just been directing families to do the opposite of what they did. Really, really hypocritical move.
and fauci is/was the face of the team and we had just gotten over another wave.

and fauci had been directing people to do the opposite of what he did.

and i'm just learning about bubbles. and how expansive they are.

the difference between you and me imo is i'm not surprised nor willing to hang one individual more than another. tomato, tomato.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

wgdsr wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:55 pm

the difference between you and me imo is i'm not surprised nor willing to hang one individual more than another. tomato, tomato.
Yup, I see gradations. I don't expect perfection from these folks and undoubtedly my perceptions on this specifically include my aggregate perceptions of the individuals and how direct they've been, especially when that required conflict with something Trump said.

Not sure how you missed the bubble strategy...seriously?
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:58 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:55 pm

Yup, I see gradations. I don't expect perfection from these folks and undoubtedly my perceptions on this specifically include my aggregate perceptions of the individuals and how direct they've been, especially when that required conflict with something Trump said.

Not sure how you missed the bubble strategy...seriously?
i have no idea what the first paragraph means. no matter.

on bubbles... when you have a top public figure, that doles out restriction guidance in this environment, making the news or leading a broadcast... no one cares about your bubble strategy. it's not me, it's what you're talking about... perception by the masses and hypocrisy. lending any credence to those individuals is an absolute copout. imo, of course.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

People started breaking Covid rules when they saw those with privilege ignore them

While they focus on the UK, over here we had half the rich and powerful ignoring them from the get-go. Then you had a few high profile people from the other half give the appearance of or flat out ignoring some rules, including some they put into place.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

while obviously understandable, it's amazing how Trump and the insurrection have eclipsed discussions of Corona.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Matnum PI wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:22 pm while obviously understandable, it's amazing how Trump and the insurrection have eclipsed discussions of Corona.
Not that amazing either when you think about it, just understandable. Deaths crept upwards in a steady fashion. Thousands of preventable deaths a day became a common occurrence with the inept and pathetic federal response. It normalized a 9/11 every day because it is happening every day. It's exhausting and repetitive reporting on it.

It's the fantastic, the new, the novel, that drives the news. A 9/11 once is a life changing event. 4 Killed in Benghazi makes people froth at the mouths for years and years and we have people on the forum using it as a platform 8.5 years later. 5 killed during an attempted government overthrow by a lame duck president is a (hopefully) once in a lifetime event. And hopefully it gets a half a decade inspection with dozens of investigations like Benghazi did.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

So when will we pop 5k deaths a day, hmm?

Or have we already but DeSatan’s disinformation has lan has obscured that awful truth?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Populations of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, South Korea, South Vietnam, and Taiwan combined are roughly 155 million.
Population of USA roughly 330 million.

Covid deaths in those countries = approx 7200
Covid deaths in tRUMP's USA === over 400,000

While the total populations of those countries is roughly 50% of the USA, their covid deaths equal about 2%. Why is there such a humongous difference? Obviously, it is the leadership during the crisis. They had good leadership and government planning. We had only the world's most inept moron as president.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

dislaxxic wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:47 am Much more talk about using the Defense Production Act now...about time...

much talk :lol: :lol:

how IS your "about time" comment coming to reality fruition :lol: :lol:
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

CU88 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:34 pm https://www.npr.org/sections/coronaviru ... -been-slow

We try to avoid always asking you to predict the future. But if Americans did abide by the public health measures — measures like social distancing and masking — when could things get back to normal?

Well, you know, you can't look at that in a vacuum because as we're trying to get people to adhere uniformly to public health measures, we're having the rollout of the vaccine. We have a highly efficacious vaccine, :roll: :roll: 94% to 95% effective. LIE As the months go by, I would expect by the time we get to April, it will be what we call open season on vaccines. Everyone will be able to get a vaccine. So I think by the end of the summer, if we get 70% to 85% of the population vaccinated and get a good herd immunity, I think by the fall we could start to approach some form of normality.
the vaccine.....almost 100 % "efficacious".

ya don't say...... how IS this aging for you folks ? The "cartoon like" claims.

guess it was the 5 or 6 % , that contracted covid, anywayz...... :lol: :lol:

runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:37 pm
CU77 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:25 pm Vaccinations won’t help us this month or the next. We don’t have enough vaccine, and we won’t have enough until June or July. However, we might see deaths across the U.S. decline earlier than that if we vaccinate the elderly first.
There it is. Now how much GDP (and lives) did we lose by not going all-in, WWII-style, on Vaccine production capacity?

And how much GDP (and lives) will we lose for the NEXT pandemic if we don't build these facilities?
The commies (china) are almost done with the lab in New Jersey....where have YOU been?

Production was NEVER the problem. It was all the suppressed findings, data...nasty side effects, etc.

Many Doctors spoke up about this........what were/are they called?

I don't prefer pilsners....doesn't that make one anti vaxx :roll:
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 10:25 am
a fan wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:37 pm
CU77 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:25 pm Vaccinations won’t help us this month or the next. We don’t have enough vaccine, and we won’t have enough until June or July. However, we might see deaths across the U.S. decline earlier than that if we vaccinate the elderly first.
There it is. Now how much GDP (and lives) did we lose by not going all-in, WWII-style, on Vaccine production capacity?

And how much GDP (and lives) will we lose for the NEXT pandemic if we don't build these facilities?
The commies (china) are almost done with the lab in New Jersey....where have YOU been?

Production was NEVER the problem. It was all the suppressed findings, data...nasty side effects, etc.

Many Doctors spoke up about this........what were/are they called?

I don't prefer pilsners....doesn't that make one anti vaxx :roll:
Great news! Next Pandemic? You'll get nothing. No meanie shots. No research. No thinking. No doctors telling you what might save your life. No help from the government because TeamTinFoil tells us that government is bad.

All the information the working class will get will come from you and your team of "internet scientists".

And the message will be: shut up and get back to work.

And you and your team will "win". Take a bow. This is top notch thinking on your part. Can't wait for your team to call the shots.

Return to “POLITICS”