WHO GETS THE V19 vaxx??

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
wgdsr

Re: WHO GETS THE V19 vaxx??

Post by wgdsr »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:16 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:48 pm
ABV 8.3% wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:33 pm meanwhile, can YOU answer the question, which no one knows the answer too apparently.

IF you have covid, are you going to get the vaxx? Guess it's not important information trumps tweets, on the other hand.......
clarify the question, abv.

are you going to be allowed to get the vaxx?

or

is/would an individual person going to choose to get the vaxx?
Right, so if I am not allowed to get the vaxx, does this mean I can't take my DMT vacation, because you'll have to have the vaxx to fly?

And, with surety, how is the distribution up to the individual states? Is that how the small pox vaccine worked when I was a kid? Remember going to city hall to get some shot at age 6 or 7. That was run by the State of Massachusettes? interesting.
where do you get that you (if covid infected) are not allowed to get the vaxx? i expect the chances of that happening to be 0.02%.

in today's present state, the "can't fly because you don't have papers or a chip" is maybe some kind of a possibility. will that have legs and come to fruition? i have no idea. 1%? 5%? 10%? this is 2020, as you know, and almost anything is possible. rally your state and contact your congressman.

the distribution, where it ultimately lands per town, burg, location... i think is up to the states. i'd imagine states will follow federal guidelines on who is up first (other than elites getting theirs thru the back room). there's certainly going to be much longer directives written about it, but that's what a lot of it will boil down to.

i had all of one birthday set up for more than just my immediate family when i was a kid. happened to be in massachusetts. invited chunks or maybe all of my grade in a small hometown. i got chicken pox. birthday cancelled. life is tough.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

wgdsr wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:33 pm
ABV 8.3% wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:33 pm meanwhile, can YOU answer the question, which no one knows the answer too apparently.

IF you have covid, are you going to get the vaxx? Guess it's not important information trumps tweets, on the other hand.......

or

Right, so if I am not allowed to get the vaxx, does this mean I can't take my DMT vacation, because you'll have to have the vaxx to fly?

And, with surety, how is the distribution up to the individual states? Is that how the small pox vaccine worked when I was a kid? Remember going to city hall to get some shot at age 6 or 7. That was run by the State of Massachusettes? interesting.
where do you get that you (if covid infected) are not allowed to get the vaxx? i expect the chances of that happening to be 0.02%.

in today's present state, the "can't fly because you don't have papers or a chip" is maybe some kind of a possibility. will that have legs and come to fruition? i have no idea. 1%? 5%? 10%? this is 2020, as you know, and almost anything is possible. rally your state and contact your congressman.

the distribution, where it ultimately lands per town, burg, location... i think is up to the states. i'd imagine states will follow federal guidelines on who is up first (other than elites getting theirs thru the back room). there's certainly going to be much longer directives written about it, but that's what a lot of it will boil down to.

i had all of one birthday set up for more than just my immediate family when i was a kid. happened to be in massachusetts. invited chunks or maybe all of my grade in a small hometown. i got chicken pox. birthday cancelled. life is tough.
That is why I am asking, as I am mr. 4 sides to everything. lot's of confusion, IE: can a postivive, symptomatic person get reinfected. No one really seems to know.

can't CNN or msnbc give hours and hours of time to scientists instead of the Cuomo brothers yucking it up.....Oh, right, according to afan, politicians run our networks too.

Remember when Boston's mayor got caught out drinking in a bar, maskless? tld won't say a word about that one.......got some bonds to sell the city afterall :lol:
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
njbill

Post by njbill »

wgdsr wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:43 pm
njbill wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:35 pm I figured you more as a Dr. Quinn fan.
never a big jane seymour fan. maybe it was her roles. don't think i made it thru one episode of dr. quinn.

tho she was excellent in wedding crashers. as they all were.
Agree re wedding crashers, though I never got past looking at Rachel McAdams.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

njbill wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:35 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:43 pm
njbill wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:35 pm I figured you more as a Dr. Quinn fan.
never a big jane seymour fan. maybe it was her roles. don't think i made it thru one episode of dr. quinn.

tho she was excellent in wedding crashers. as they all were.
Agree re wedding crashers, though I never got past looking at Rachel McAdams.
we agree on some things! lordy be. and a star turn for her.

next is an avenue for looking at hydroxy early and who brought and bought black gloves in mexico city.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:44 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:33 pm

or

That is why I am asking, as I am mr. 4 sides to everything. lot's of confusion, IE: can a postivive, symptomatic person get reinfected. No one really seems to know.

can't CNN or msnbc give hours and hours of time to scientists instead of the Cuomo brothers yucking it up.....Oh, right, according to afan, politicians run our networks too.

Remember when Boston's mayor got caught out drinking in a bar, maskless? tld won't say a word about that one.......got some bonds to sell the city afterall :lol:
I didn’t know your Mayor was out drinking....He opponent should hammer him with it during the next election... what do you think of the guys that got it trouble in my town? I didn’t hear a peep from you about it....Pretend!
“I wish you would!”
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

I have zero idea where you live, beyond Fairfield county. I did mention something about the TOWN of Fairfield and the toxic dumping scandal. What town to you live in?
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Lets add a poll to this thread!

Who is getting the Vax when it's released?
Yes, no, maybe?
DMac

Post by DMac »

Ha, I clicked on the thread to pose that question, good question.
No, I am not thrilled about the idea of getting the vax. I'm not an
anti vax person but I've heard for quite some time now how deadly
covid 19 is and particularly so for the elderly as well as those with
health issues (I'm not thrilled about the idea of my Type 1 diabetic
son getting one either...I'll let him make his own call though) so why
as a seventy year old would I want to inject myself with this virus?
Bart

Post by Bart »

DMac wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:25 pm Ha, I clicked on the thread to pose that question, good question.
No, I am not thrilled about the idea of getting the vax. I'm not an
anti vax person but I've heard for quite some time now how deadly
covid 19 is and particularly so for the elderly as well as those with
health issues (I'm not thrilled about the idea of my Type 1 diabetic
son getting one either...I'll let him make his own call though) so why
as a seventy year old would I want to inject myself with this virus?
Is that an autocorrect? ......inject myself with this virus.
DMac

Post by DMac »

No, it's not an auto correct. It's an ignorance incorrect?
Isn't that what vaccinations do, put a bit of virus in you?
Bart

Post by Bart »

DMac wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:15 pm No, it's not an auto correct. It's an ignorance incorrect?
Isn't that what vaccinations do, put a bit of virus in you?
Not these current ones asking for a emergency use. They have a small piece of mRNA that is the blue print for a protein on the surface of the virus. To make a long story short, this protein piece is recognized as foreign by your immune system that prepares the body to fight if the real virus infects you. So if that’s what you mean by bit of virus, then yes. If you mean like the flu vaccine then no.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Bart wrote
To make a long story short, this protein piece is recognized as foreign by your immune system that prepares the body to fight if the real virus infects you. So if that’s what you mean by bit of virus, then yes.
Yes, this is what this layperson who has only a basic understanding of how it all works meant, but I did think it worked essentially like a flu shot which leaves me with the flu every time I get one (which is why I quit getting them long ago). Along with the hopes that millions upon millions line up to get the vax there needs to be a lot of info put out there as to how it all works as I doubt I'm the only one with reservations (perhaps born of ignorance but I suspect there are huge numbers with the same reservations). So you think I should get one, or no?
Bart

Post by Bart »

DMac wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:08 pm
Bart wrote
To make a long story short, this protein piece is recognized as foreign by your immune system that prepares the body to fight if the real virus infects you. So if that’s what you mean by bit of virus, then yes.
Yes, this is what this layperson who has only a basic understanding of how it all works meant, but I did think it worked essentially like a flu shot which leaves me with the flu every time I get one (which is why I quit getting them long ago). Along with the hopes that millions upon millions line up to get the vax there needs to be a lot of info put out there as to how it all works as I doubt I'm the only one with reservations (perhaps born of ignorance but I suspect there are huge numbers with the same reservations). So you think I should get one, or no?
Asking me? That question is way over my pay grade. I would spend the tie researching the technology, mRNA vaccine, and speak with your doctor. I'm on the basic science side of it all and no where near the clinical side of things.

Personally, I'll read the FDA report and decide for certain but right now I will get the vaccine. My better half will be in line early because of her profession.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Bart wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:49 pm
Bart wrote
Asking me? That question is way over my pay grade. I would spend the tie researching the technology, mRNA vaccine, and speak with your doctor. I'm on the basic science side of it all and no where near the clinical side of things.

Personally, I'll read the FDA report and decide for certain but right now I will get the vaccine. My better half will be in line early because of her profession.
bart, tell him about whether his dna may be compromised or not and his chances of having a worse effect/reaction if he's exposed.
Bart

Post by Bart »

wgdsr wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:56 pm
Bart wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:49 pm
Bart wrote

bart, tell him about whether his dna may be compromised or not and his chances of having a worse effect/reaction if he's exposed.
Really?

This is a good general read. https://www.medpagetoday.com/infectious ... id19/89998
DMac

Post by DMac »

If you read the comments section there, you'll see others expressing the same concerns I have.
This aint gonna be an easy sell, I think there's going to be a lot of hesitancy in big numbers of
people who might be seeing themselves as the guinea pigs for testing the new vaccine.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Another view (pro vaccine).

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/6-dange ... 29451.html

Personally, I will closely follow the reported experience of those who are vaccinated early on. Unless something dramatic comes up, I will get vaccinated as soon as I am eligible. Selfishly, if a lot of people don’t get vaccinated, that may allow me to get it earlier.

I don’t mind some mild side effects. When I got the two shot shingles vaccine a couple of years ago, I had flu like symptoms for about 24 hours after the second shot. (No side effects to speak of after the first one). Felt pretty punk. But after a day, I felt fine. If that’s what I have to go through again for the Covid vaccination, I’m fine with that.

While I am pro-choice on this (everyone has a right to make his or her own decision), I hope as many people as possible do decide to get vaccinated.

It seems quite ironic to me that the same people who are complaining about lock downs and other restrictive measures seem to be the same ones who don’t want to get vaccinated. Not directing this at you, Dmac. Just a general observation.
old salt

Post by old salt »

njbill wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:32 pmI don’t mind some mild side effects. When I got the two shot shingles vaccine a couple of years ago, I had flu like symptoms for about 24 hours after the second shot. (No side effects to speak of after the first one). Felt pretty punk. But after a day, I felt fine.
Me too with the 2nd shingles shot. Be mentally prepared for it. Ibuprofen helped me.

Can the covid vacc be made a condition of employment ? I'm thinking of nursing home/ senior living staff.

I'm pretty sure the military can require it, just like they did for malaria & others, before deployment.

I'd expect the front line deploying active duty military to he high priority, especially ship & sub crews.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Without question the ones who are making the most noise see it as a big conspiracy, a complete falsehood, a grand scheme to control the population/citizens. The ploy (in their view) isn't going to drive them to get the vaccine. Even if you do have a proven vaccine you still can't fix stupid. I am in the camp of hoping the vaccine works and heads us in the right direction, and I do think a ton of people will get them.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

DMac wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:52 pm If you read the comments section there, you'll see others expressing the same concerns I have.
This aint gonna be an easy sell, I think there's going to be a lot of hesitancy in big numbers of
people who might be seeing themselves as the guinea pigs for testing the new vaccine.
i wasn't able to reopen the article after getting halfway thru it. suffice it's probably a lot of what i've seen already.

it's all good. absent a cohort that can't/shouldn't take it for medical reasons, people can opt out all they want as far as i'm concerned. moves other people to the front of the line that much faster. once we get thru everybody, we should be in some semblance of normal. you missed your chance and you're taking your chances, good luck and godspeed!

Return to “POLITICS”