ODAC lax season is on

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Nothinbutthelax

Re: ODAC lax season is on

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

LYN Schedule is up
Salisbury does comes down to Shellenburger Field 3/6
All in all not bad during the Covid blues.. No Mustangs Classic or other annual rivals York, Cabrini, F&M is disappointing.
Pretty cool home and away with W&L and CNU..

https://www.lynchburgsports.com/sports/ ... 1/schedule
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:38 pm LYN Schedule is up
Salisbury does comes down to Shellenburger Field 3/6
All in all not bad during the Covid blues.. No Mustangs Classic or other annual rivals York, Cabrini, F&M is disappointing.
Pretty cool home and away with W&L and CNU..

https://www.lynchburgsports.com/sports/ ... 1/schedule
A lot of schools are saying no over-night trips so getting to play a school multiple states away is going to be pretty tough. Which is why I assume Lynchburg has CNU and W&L twice.
JBFortunato

Post by JBFortunato »

W&L athletics go on indefinite pause due to "rising cases on campus" - not a case in the athletic department, just an undefined rise on campus. https://roanoke.com/sports/college/w-l- ... 63a51.html

If "rising cases on campus" is going to be sufficient to trigger indefinite pauses in practices and games, W&L isn't going to play much lacrosse this season. In fact, on the heels of the NESCAC announcement this feels a bit like the administration is getting cold feet about spring sports.

As the article explains, other ODAC teams have paused activities due to a case on a team, and the Guilford women's basketball team has decided not to play their season.

This is discouraging news. I hope that the ODAC presidents are fully committed to going forward with spring sports despite the inevitable bumps in the road. There will almost certainly be plenty of opportunities to throw in the towel if they are so inclined.
2laxers

Post by 2laxers »

JBFortunato wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:42 pm W&L athletics go on indefinite pause due to "rising cases on campus" - not a case in the athletic department, just an undefined rise on campus. https://roanoke.com/sports/college/w-l- ... 63a51.html

If "rising cases on campus" is going to be sufficient to trigger indefinite pauses in practices and games, W&L isn't going to play much lacrosse this season. In fact, on the heels of the NESCAC announcement this feels a bit like the administration is getting cold feet about spring sports.

As the article explains, other ODAC teams have paused activities due to a case on a team, and the Guilford women's basketball team has decided not to play their season.

This is discouraging news. I hope that the ODAC presidents are fully committed to going forward with spring sports despite the inevitable bumps in the road. There will almost certainly be plenty of opportunities to throw in the towel if they are so inclined.
They did that with a 1.4% rolling positivity rate for the last 7 days. You can see their COVID information here:
https://my.wlu.edu/covid-19-resources/testing-dashboard

Not sure they will ever start back up if they use that as a gudeline.
Carroll81

Post by Carroll81 »

2laxers wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:21 pm
JBFortunato wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:42 pm W&L athletics go on indefinite pause due to "rising cases on campus" - not a case in the athletic department, just an undefined rise on campus. https://roanoke.com/sports/college/w-l- ... 63a51.html

They did that with a 1.4% rolling positivity rate for the last 7 days. You can see their COVID information here:
https://my.wlu.edu/covid-19-resources/testing-dashboard

Not sure they will ever start back up if they use that as a gudeline.
Their positive tests roughly correlate to how they have brought students back. They brought them back one class at a time, with Freshman arriving this week. Leads me to speculate that their rates will now drop to "normal" and they will be back to regular activity in a week or so. Messes up their winter sports, which were supposed to start this weekend. Messes up lifting and captains practice for Lax. Hopefully will not mess with February 8 start date for spring sports.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

President Dudley maybe from Virginia, but did his under grad work,at Williams. He appears to have returned to Williams in 1998. It’s possible that he continues to have many ties to that community and perhaps heavily influenced by not just Williams but actions taken by the NESCAC as well. The NESCAC will be heavily influenced by whatever decisions the Ivy League makes with regards to athletics this Spring. Curious to see what his actions are after a NESCAC decision is made. ;)
oldlaw

Post by oldlaw »

President Dudley has shown that he is not a bold leader, but rather an unimaginative administrator who is too heavily influenced by forces outside of The University. Given his tenure at Williams, and his total disregard for the history and tradition at W&L, he is totally clueless about the importance of sports, and especially lacrosse, in campus life and alumni engagement. If he cancels the season while other ODAC schools play, it will be just another reason why he should be replaced soon.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

oldlaw wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:50 am President Dudley has shown that he is not a bold leader, but rather an unimaginative administrator who is too heavily influenced by forces outside of The University. Given his tenure at Williams, and his total disregard for the history and tradition at W&L, he is totally clueless about the importance of sports, and especially lacrosse, in campus life and alumni engagement. If he cancels the season while other ODAC schools play, it will be just another reason why he should be replaced soon.
He did play water polo and may have been on William’s swim team but I sense he’s been heavily indoctrinated to a particular point of view. Not sure if he’s ever worked in the private sector
NJlxrdad

Post by NJlxrdad »

Dudley has mis handled this since day one. Last semester the testing was awful, barely done. This semester they brought kids back who obviously were positive because they didn't require tests prior to arrival. New testing company for the school and some are beginning to question the accuracy of the tests.
Nothinbutthelax

Meanwhile.. Lynchburg scrimmages UVA tomorrow 🧨
2laxers

Post by 2laxers »

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:12 pm Meanwhile.. Lynchburg scrimmages UVA tomorrow 🧨
Just wish there could be fans/spectators there.
ReturnOfTheWAC

Post by ReturnOfTheWAC »

At least your conference has given your student-athletes hope of playing(looking at you CC.....)
Laxfan69

Post by Laxfan69 »

IM FREAKING JAZZED UP FOR ANOTHER SEASON OF ODAC LAXROSSE! WHAT SAY YOU FELLOW LAXROSSE FANS?

I am just going to call it right now, HSC wins the national championship. Leave your masks at home boys because these teams going to take your breath away.

Most of the points will probably come from numbers 2 through 4, no doubt. HSC returns a three-year practice all-American in number 57, excited to see what he can do with some in-game playing time. Granted, HSC did lose a lot of depth at offensive midfield after last season i fully expect the offense to rebound. If they can get everyone on offense pulling on the same rope then the moons the limits.
A freaking ridiculous offense aside, i expect this team's leadership to carry them through. Leading the nation in confirmed kills and unsolicited backrubs there isn't much that HSC's leaders cant do. The team's average age is 25 years old, how can any team compete with that? I expect a lot out of HSC's 8 returning 5th-year seniors after last year's covid season. These dawgs are hungry and ready to hunt, Bark-Bark.

Now to my concerns:
Besides numbers 55 and 13, Is HSC returning any notable close defensemen? I guess we will have to see who fills that third spot. Also, HSC's goalie is super sus.

Now to the other odac teams:
Bridgewater is a serious contender again.
W&L will beat themselves by forcing the offense entirely through one player.
SVU is HSC's only true threat to win the ODAC.
Lynchvurg is rebounding after losing all that long red hair along with their identity
Randolph-Macon has seemed surprisingly competent these past two years.
Roanoke is not that good.
Last edited by Laxfan69 on Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Big Easy Lax

Post by Big Easy Lax »

I will have some of what ever you are drinking please ... love your enthusiasm but you may want to do some serious fact and stat checking before your next post.
Big Easy Lax

Post by Big Easy Lax »

Love to see CNU join the ODAC but they ain't there yet.
Laxfan69

Post by Laxfan69 »

Big Easy Lax wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:07 pm I will have some of what ever you are drinking please ... love your enthusiasm but you may want to do some serious fact and stat checking before your next post.
prove me wrong nerd
Noz

Post by Noz »

CNU can not join the ODAC. The ODAC is provate schools only & CNU is not provate. I could be wrong, but that's my understanding.
Nothinbutthelax

I agree HSC will be a tough out. Stay healthy and hope you’re at your best when you face LYN at end of season.
PS- there’s a reason weed is called dope🤣
Big Easy Lax

Post by Big Easy Lax »

Laxfan69 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:33 pm
Big Easy Lax wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:07 pm I will have some of what ever you are drinking please ... love your enthusiasm but you may want to do some serious fact and stat checking before your next post.
prove me wrong nerd

HEY Clown, CNU isn't and can't be in the ODAC ... any more sauce head?
Dr. Pretorious

Post by Dr. Pretorious »

Laxfan69 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:33 pm
prove me wrong nerd
Well for starters CNU isn’t in the ODAC, never has been ...
🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”