Brown

D1 Mens Lacrosse
The Orfling

Re: Brown

Post by The Orfling »

Can Opener wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:47 pm Let's gooooo!!!!

Brown will play BU this Friday night according to Inside Lacrosse.
https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... kend/57733

It is also listed on the BU website as a 7:00 pm start at Nickerson Field:
https://goterriers.com/news/2021/4/21/m ... night.aspx

I hope for the sake of the seniors that this game actually takes place. Fun fact: it will be the first ever meeting between these two programs.
Wow, this would be great for the Brown lacrosse players and particularly their seniors. I hope that it will happen. Fingers crossed there is no COVID cancellation.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

The Orfling wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:53 pm

I hope for the sake of the seniors that this game actually takes place. Fun fact: it will be the first ever meeting between these two programs.
Wow, this would be great for the Brown lacrosse players and particularly their seniors. I hope that it will happen. Fingers crossed there is no COVID cancellation.
or that anyone sees it's 52 miles.
Charlie Don't Surf

Post by Charlie Don't Surf »

wgsdr: You are looking at driving distance, which is 50.8 miles. As the crow flies, which is how this absurdly arbitrary 40 mile rule is measured, the distance is 39.286 miles. I agree with the sentiment expressed by many that it would be so nice for the seniors (especially McCaleb and Goss who came back to compete) to get this game, and hopefully a few others, in. And, thanks to BU for hosting Brown. Let's keep our fingers crossed for the next couple of days!!!
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Brown folks. Tufts is going to be playing Dartmouth this week. While anyone who cares about the sports should be delighted to see this game, it begs the question of why the Jumbos are driving to Hanover and not Providence. Any inside info as to why a game vs Brown was not arranged (or maybe info that is might still be in the works)? Between proximity and Daly this seems like a no-brainer.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:00 pm

I wonder why you didn’t get the policy change memo?
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Charlie Don't Surf wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:10 pm wgsdr: You are looking at driving distance, which is 50.8 miles. As the crow flies, which is how this absurdly arbitrary 40 mile rule is measured, the distance is 39.286 miles. I agree with the sentiment expressed by many that it would be so nice for the seniors (especially McCaleb and Goss who came back to compete) to get this game, and hopefully a few others, in. And, thanks to BU for hosting Brown. Let's keep our fingers crossed for the next couple of days!!!
makes sense. covid doesn't drive. and it's primarily airborne.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:33 pm
wgdsr wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:00 pm

I wonder why you didn’t get the policy change memo?
if there was in fact a policy change and its genesis was our previous discussion (i believe i introduced crows flying), i don't need the heads up or plaudits.

bruno gets to play.

let's just hope daly doesn't blow this by loading the bus on the south end of campus.
DALaxDad

Post by DALaxDad »

Looks like the Brown-BU game will be carried on ESPN+
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

DALaxDad wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:04 pm Looks like the Brown-BU game will be carried on ESPN+
That's great. Looking forward to watching it (and very happy for the parents of Brown senior athletes in particular that at least there's a way to see it even if not in person).
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

DALaxDad wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:04 pm Looks like the Brown-BU game will be carried on ESPN+
FANTASTIC!
“I wish you would!”
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

Let's go Brown State!
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

Very good chance to go undefeated this season. That’s something to brag about at Campus Dance in 25 years.
flyerfan17

Post by flyerfan17 »

It's great for Brown, Dartmouth and Penn who look like they all will get at least one game in. Does anybody know if they play do the kids lose a year of eligibility ?
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

flyerfan17 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:37 pm It's great for Brown, Dartmouth and Penn who look like they all will get at least one game in. Does anybody know if they play do the kids lose a year of eligibility ?
Apparently not
calourie

Post by calourie »

pcowlax wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:44 pm
flyerfan17 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:37 pm It's great for Brown, Dartmouth and Penn who look like they all will get at least one game in. Does anybody know if they play do the kids lose a year of eligibility ?
Apparently not
Playing in the games doesn't cost a year of eligibility, but the pursuit of a degree does in that seniors who graduate will have to earn a place in a graduate program at their schools to exercise their extended eligibility (I suppose those seniors could likewise earn a place at a graduate program at another Ivy to extend their careers). They won't be allowed to just hang around and play. The ability to play as a graduate student only applies to next year, so those underclassmen who want the extra year will have to withdraw for a semester to preserve their eligibility. This is all structured for the Ivies to adhere as closely as they can to their rule of four years of eligibility going hand in hand with four years of matriculation with only this one year of permitting graduate participation. The requirement for underclassmen to have to withdraw to remain eligible for a fourth year is to shut the door on out right red-shirting.
calourie

Post by calourie »

Looking forward to watching the Brown- B.U. game
Charlie Don't Surf

Post by Charlie Don't Surf »

Really excited to see tonight's game. Will the rust of not having seen an opponent for more than 400 days be too much to overcome? Who knows--there is a LOT of talent out there for the boys from Providence. As a previous poster stated, I hope Bruno just goes out there, has a blast and plays well. And, I know many in the Brown State community appreciate BU stepping up to the plate to host Brown. Thank you Terrier nation. Let's go Bruno!!!
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

8-2 Bruno at half. Goss +++, faceoffs strong. D being disruptive.
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

The boys looked great. Serious question: why shouldn’t Brown be ranked on Monday? These guys are really good. BU is a real program and that was a dominating win.
calourie

Post by calourie »

Can Opener wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:49 pm The boys looked great. Serious question: why shouldn’t Brown be ranked on Monday? These guys are really good. BU is a real program and that was a dominating win.
Wouldn't surprise me to have some voter toss them a bone for their fine showing. BState looked great.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”