Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Brooklyn

Re: Racism in America- Riots Explode in Minneapolis

Post by Brooklyn »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:08 pm If you don't see that Reddit Bernie Brother pages and Fox are both trash, I'm not engaging.

Reddit is comprised of people posting their views and their "evidence" of whatever the hell they claim to be real.

Fo卐 presents reich wing garbage.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
ToastDunk

Post by ToastDunk »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:57 am The left was wringing its hands at the prospect of the armed protest in Richmond. "How can we let this occur? It's going to be unsafe!" Yet no arrests, violence, destruction or arson. Protesters cleaned up after the event. Richmond never missed a step and was back to normalcy following the protests.

Conversely, the left backs away slowly in Minneapolis and says, "The protests need to occur! Let 'em burn down the police precinct. Just give it to them - The social contract isn't working!"

:lol:
Your remarks sound racist.
ToastDunk

Post by ToastDunk »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:59 am I’m all for arming the citizenry. It’s one solution we haven’t tried yet. These residents in Minny May be better off if they were all carrying. They need to be armed when the police come or protestors come to burn their homes/neighborhoods.

Let the city burn. In a few weeks there will be complaints that there is nowhere to shop and crime is rising. Enter the Democrats to provide the glorious breast of life.

Minneapolis remain reliant on .gov. Cycle of dependency continues.
Also sounding racist.
ToastDunk

Post by ToastDunk »

A statement.

I haven't the slightest idea what it's like to grow up black in America. None.

I do know this, African-Americans and people of color live in a completely different country than I do.

A white boy of a middle-class family, growing up in Fairfield County, CT –– I had it made. And so do my kids.

Time we stand up for our brothers and sisters.
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:06 pm Do you think the Mayoral decision (as CNN reporters said last night) to abandon the police precinct to let it burn, is the right decision to "get us through this?"
Rock and a hard place. The Fire Department couldn't get to these scenes safely. So if you're the Mayor, do you put your Fire Fighters at risk, and demand they go in anyway?

Essentially, getting those Fire Fighters in there would entail the Mayor ordering that the police defend the station with force and clear the area..and clear that are fast enough to get the FD in quickly enough to save the building.

I cannot imagine that that would end well, wouldn't you agree?

Rock and a hard place. That's where the mayor was. With no "right" moves available. So to answer your question, it was the wrong decision with no "right" decisions available without risking more serious problems than property damage. The Mayor was F'ed.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:06 pm
seacoaster wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:01 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:57 am The left was wringing its hands at the prospect of the armed protest in Richmond. "How can we let this occur? It's going to be unsafe!" Yet no arrests, violence, destruction or arson. Protesters cleaned up after the event. Richmond never missed a step and was back to normalcy following the protests.

Conversely, the left backs away slowly in Minneapolis and says, "The protests need to occur! Let 'em burn down the police precinct. Just give it to them - The social contract isn't working!"

Bullsh*t. I'm not backing away from anything. I am asking if there is a dialogue to be had about why we are unraveling this way. The protests in Richmond and the violence and, sure, looting and excess in Minneapolis arise from different causes. Laughing emojis won't get the country through this.
Different causes? slightly. Both feel peoples inherent constitutional rights are being violated enough that they want to protest and show their feelings on the matter.

Do you think the Mayoral decision (as CNN reporters said last night) to abandon the police precinct to let it burn, is the right decision to "get us through this?"
No, I don't.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

ToastDunk wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:23 pm A statement.

I do know this, African-Americans and people of color live in a completely different country than I do.

A white boy of a middle-class family, growing up in Fairfield County, CT –– I had it made. And so do my kids.

That sounds very Christian. As the Bible says, "no justice, no peace" ~ Isaiah 59:8.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

ToastDunk wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:13 pm

Your remarks sound racist.
Only if you read with those lenses. I'm talking about political tenets and years of practice in Democratic-controlled cities.
ToastDunk

Post by ToastDunk »

Brooklyn wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:39 pm
ToastDunk wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:23 pm A statement.

That sounds very Christian. As the Bible says, "no justice, no peace" ~ Isaiah 59:8.
Like the passage. Gave up on God long ago.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

ToastDunk wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:14 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:59 am I’m all for arming the citizenry. It’s one solution we haven’t tried yet. These residents in Minny May be better off if they were all carrying. They need to be armed when the police come or protestors come to burn their homes/neighborhoods.

Let the city burn. In a few weeks there will be complaints that there is nowhere to shop and crime is rising. Enter the Democrats to provide the glorious breast of life.

Also sounding racist.
Again, talking political practice and tenets.

Look at Minneapolis or Baltimore. Minneapolis has had one Republican mayor since 1961. Just one Republican since '47 in Baltimore.
And both cities have a poor track record across the board. They have citizenry who are literally dying and aching for improvement and an uptick in their police forces, and way of life to pull themselves and their families up for the better.

But the common theme in governance is that both places have done a shi tty job and have in turn kept the occupants dependent upon .gov. Democratic principle in both those cities isn't to lift people up and help them. It's to 1) keep them dependent and 2) ensure job security for the Politicians. In Baltimore, its probably also safe to say that the third goal of politicians is to line their own pockets any way possible.

It's an absolute shame. Heartbreaking. So when I say, "arm the citizens," it's tongue in cheek, but the reality is, we've been throwing money and programs and lousy democratic leadership at these cities for 60+ years and the citizens are NOT any better off.
ToastDunk

Post by ToastDunk »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:47 pm

Also sounding racist.

Look at Minneapolis or Baltimore. Minneapolis has had one Republican mayor since 1961. Just one Republican since '47 in Baltimore.
And both cities have a poor track record across the board. They have citizenry who are literally dying and aching for improvement and an uptick in their police forces, and way of life to pull themselves and their families up for the better.

But the common theme in governance is that both places have done a shi tty job and have in turn kept the occupants dependent upon .gov. Democratic principle in both those cities isn't to lift people up and help them. It's to 1) keep them dependent and 2) ensure job security for the Politicians. In Baltimore, its probably also safe to say that the third goal of politicians is to line their own pockets any way possible.

It's an absolute shame. Heartbreaking. So when I say, "arm the citizens," it's tongue in cheek, but the reality is, we've been throwing money and programs and lousy democratic leadership at these cities for 60+ years and the citizens are NOT any better off.
Question. If Eric Garner were white, do you think he'd be dead?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:27 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:06 pm Do you think the Mayoral decision (as CNN reporters said last night) to abandon the police precinct to let it burn, is the right decision to "get us through this?"
Rock and a hard place. The Fire Department couldn't get to these scenes safely. So if you're the Mayor, do you put your Fire Fighters at risk, and demand they go in anyway?

Essentially, getting those Fire Fighters in there would entail the Mayor ordering that the police defend the station with force and clear the area..and clear that are fast enough to get the FD in quickly enough to save the building.

Rock and a hard place. That's where the mayor was. With no "right" moves available. So to answer your question, it was the wrong decision with no "right" decisions available without risking more serious problems than property damage. The Mayor was F'ed.
I am reminded of that classic cliche, there is no right way to do a wrong thing. 4 cops allow a black man to be murdered in front of their noses. The video is revolting and heartbreaking. This poor man is pleading for his life while an officer, sworn to uphold the law chokes the air out of him. The outrage from the African American community us justified and understandable. Then a relatively few bad people take advantage of the situation to loot stores and cause wanton destruction in their own community. There was an interview with an older black woman who lives in the area. She says what the police did was criminal. Why are we destroying our own neighborhood in protest? It makes no sense. She is right. There is no right way to do a wrong thing. These officers need to be held accountable for their actions. The actions of one officer could have been prevented if the other 3 had stood up for the man and stopped the assault on him. Now all 4 need to be treated as the criminals they appear to be.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

ToastDunk wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:58 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:47 pm

Also sounding racist.

Question. If Eric Garner were white, do you think he'd be dead?
Probably not. Mr. Lloyd too.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Fair nuff. But IMO, the decision to abandon the police department in the first place was also a factor in why it burned.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Officer who pinned Floyd's neck under his knee has been "taken into custody"

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

dislaxxic wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 1:29 pm Officer who pinned Floyd's neck under his knee has been "taken into custody"

About time. He will be a real popular dude in jail.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

dislaxxic wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 1:29 pm Officer who pinned Floyd's neck under his knee has been "taken into custody"

According to Senator Klobuchar's office - arrested and charged with murder.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Also - the murdered man last winter worked inside security at a club in Minneapolis. Chauvin - the cop just charged with his murder worked outside as police off-duty presence during an overlapping time...
ToastDunk

Post by ToastDunk »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:59 pm

I am reminded of that classic cliche, there is no right way to do a wrong thing. 4 cops allow a black man to be murdered in front of their noses. The video is revolting and heartbreaking. This poor man is pleading for his life while an officer, sworn to uphold the law chokes the air out of him. The outrage from the African American community us justified and understandable. Then a relatively few bad people take advantage of the situation to loot stores and cause wanton destruction in their own community. There was an interview with an older black woman who lives in the area. She says what the police did was criminal. Why are we destroying our own neighborhood in protest? It makes no sense. She is right. There is no right way to do a wrong thing. These officers need to be held accountable for their actions. The actions of one officer could have been prevented if the other 3 had stood up for the man and stopped the assault on him. Now all 4 need to be treated as the criminals they appear to be.
Agree Cradle.

And your last, or second to last point is the one that's the hardest for me to swallow. ALL FOUR of these officers allowed this to happen. Any one of these men could have stopped the murder of George Floyd. AND THEY DIDN'T! Not a one! Instead, they took part in it.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

DA Mike Freeman is about to give a news conference. Check out any of the local Twin City media's websites for live updates.

Return to “POLITICS”