What’s Your “New Normal?” Request/Idea?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Nigel

Re: What’s Your “New Normal?” Request/Idea?

Post by Nigel »

I'd like to see them fix the da*n sticks.

+1 for hand sanitizer and/or wipes at retail and supermarket entrance/exit.
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Nigel wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:41 pm I'd like to see them fix the da*n sticks.

+1 for hand sanitizer and/or wipes at retail and supermarket entrance/exit.
...and Maryland MLax can no longer accept transfers. ;) :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

dislaxxic wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:53 am No more batmeat omlets?

:D very good. here is my wish list:

environmental care. hopefully some will realize that this pause in some fossil fuel activities has had a beneficial effect on our surroundings.

on the shortened work week- there was already much talk here on FL about automation removing jobs, and then, if GDP can stay relatively afloat, provide some sort of basic income (a distant relative of the current stimulus?), especially to those that need it most.

warfare/drones- i'd like to see armed conflicts die out. we now have a common enemy now that we cannot reason with. if the great war doesnt happen, imagine what we could've focused our energies on in the following three decades.

self discipline- i know consumerism makes our economy turn. but people- ordering everything they don't need, online, for delivery, on credit, double boxed and bagged, and then discarded but not recycled. then claiming to be in debt and in need of a bailout.

devices- we are all guilty but hopefully the current extra-reliance now on devices sends users to a tipping point. look up; not at your screen. and consider the present. not your vanity please.

education- what better time to decide you don't need to rely on USNWR rankings (as if you really can rank them to begin with). go to any school, make what you can of it. we love to make rankings but then assume the top/bottom student are equal at an institution. i'd rather hire the best blue collar student who works hard and earns her keep than the ingrate who doesnt value effort. or, maybe skip college/grad altogether!

agriculture- while looking at our global infrastructure and food security, might be a good time to also have a hard look at the shameful manner in which we treat our food sources, and also the over-processed products. we might- just might- feel better, lose weight, AND keep medical costs down. (cue SS discussion!)

self vs society- help each other. less thinking self. pay it forward. make the world better. which leads me to...

politics- a bit more reaching across the aisle and finding common ground rather than the current us-vs-them polemics and soundbites. a pipe dream perhaps!
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
Andersen

Post by Andersen »

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

That waitress could throw rocks at me and Id still give her north of a 29% tip back at her.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
a fan

Post by a fan »

That comment made me snort my coffee, FairfromG....

When this thing passes, we need to do a Forum meetup around Baltimore/DC. I'll buy.

We did one around 20 years ago for Laxpower, and it was a kick in the pants.....
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

I'm a regular blood donor and have noticed that at many recent blood drives the appointment slots are either full or nearly full. In the last few years it was customary to just walk in and start the process. Not anymore. I just booked a slot for late next week and happy to do it. Great to see that the general public is responding to the need.

New normal :idea: :idea: :idea: - more people give blood on a regular basis, not just during a crisis. There is ALWAYS a need to donate.
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:50 pm That comment made me snort my coffee, FairfromG....

When this thing passes, we need to do a Forum meetup around Baltimore/DC. I'll buy.

We did one around 20 years ago for Laxpower, and it was a kick in the pants.....
PB has 'offered' to buy the crabs and beer (lost a bet)...which I'd be happy to host.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

We need to have a secret Username "reveal." Everyone is invited.
And only after a few drinks we can reveal Username badges...

:lol:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:42 pm We need to have a secret Username "reveal." Everyone is invited.

I'll save everyone the trouble; I 'kinda' look like this:

Pete.jpg
Pete.jpg (23.78 KiB) Viewed 1879 times

8-)
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:45 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:42 pm We need to have a secret Username "reveal." Everyone is invited.

Pete.jpg

8-)
Yes, Kinda...

:D
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:53 pm

Pete.jpg

8-)
Yes, Kinda...

:lol: :lol: (need my rebel flag behind me for that photo)
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Nigel wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:26 pm I'm a regular blood donor and have noticed that at many recent blood drives the appointment slots are either full or nearly full. In the last few years it was customary to just walk in and start the process. Not anymore. I just booked a slot for late next week and happy to do it. Great to see that the general public is responding to the need.

New normal :idea: :idea: :idea: - more people give blood on a regular basis, not just during a crisis. There is ALWAYS a need to donate.
I do every 4-6 months, I have O+ which goes into anyone with + blood type. I also do the Double Reds, which equates to 2+ donations in one sitting.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:56 pm
dislaxxic wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:53 am No more batmeat omlets?

:D very good. here is my wish list:

environmental care. hopefully some will realize that this pause in some fossil fuel activities has had a beneficial effect on our surroundings.

on the shortened work week- there was already much talk here on FL about automation removing jobs, and then, if GDP can stay relatively afloat, provide some sort of basic income (a distant relative of the current stimulus?), especially to those that need it most.

warfare/drones- i'd like to see armed conflicts die out. we now have a common enemy now that we cannot reason with. if the great war doesnt happen, imagine what we could've focused our energies on in the following three decades.

self discipline- i know consumerism makes our economy turn. but people- ordering everything they don't need, online, for delivery, on credit, double boxed and bagged, and then discarded but not recycled. then claiming to be in debt and in need of a bailout.

devices- we are all guilty but hopefully the current extra-reliance now on devices sends users to a tipping point. look up; not at your screen. and consider the present. not your vanity please.

education- what better time to decide you don't need to rely on USNWR rankings (as if you really can rank them to begin with). go to any school, make what you can of it. we love to make rankings but then assume the top/bottom student are equal at an institution. i'd rather hire the best blue collar student who works hard and earns her keep than the ingrate who doesnt value effort. or, maybe skip college/grad altogether!

agriculture- while looking at our global infrastructure and food security, might be a good time to also have a hard look at the shameful manner in which we treat our food sources, and also the over-processed products. we might- just might- feel better, lose weight, AND keep medical costs down. (cue SS discussion!)

self vs society- help each other. less thinking self. pay it forward. make the world better. which leads me to...

politics- a bit more reaching across the aisle and finding common ground rather than the current us-vs-them polemics and soundbites. a pipe dream perhaps!
Probably the most thoughtful post in some time.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Agreed
~Livy
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:26 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:53 pm

Pete.jpg

8-)
Yes, Kinda...

:lol: :lol: (need my rebel flag behind me for that photo)
This is exactly why women need to limit their Zima and Tito’s and Red Bull intake.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

My new normal is waiting for NYS unemployment to call me. Their website and phone # makes that very clear. A modern translation of their mumbo jumbo is translated as... don't call us you freaking peasant, we will call you. We have no need to worry because King Andy is working tirelessly to solve the problem. The irony here. Our governor shut the whole freaking state down and then whines about all the people in his state out of work. :roll: It is all Trumps fault, just give us more money, yeah... got it. :roll: :roll: :roll:
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Oldbarndog

Post by Oldbarndog »

Pipe Dream (2020/21 only)

Take the fall lax season, start in late September, early October and allow teams to play 5-6 non conference games, 2 per week. Incoming freshman eligible to train only. Srs eligible fall only?

Resume in the spring: 10 games max, with smaller conferences: Home & Away, or every team in for the conference tourney. Post season determined as before?

Slowly burning thru every freaking dvred/streamed games I can get my hands on.
"Dear Naps. Sorry I was such a jerk to you when I was a kid"
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Oldbarndog wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:43 amSlowly burning thru every freaking dvred/streamed games I can get my hands on.
Me too! The past two days I've watched the 2019 Rutgers team including the game where they blew the doors off OSU in the Shoe, and game against HOP at Homewood, arguably the best defensive game HOP played last year. Man that RU team, when they were "on," was just amazing.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

As mentioned in other threads: Colleges will have to adapt or go out of business.
If your kid is considering a bricks and mortar college this fall, I'd be pumping the brakes on it. Most 4 years are not prepared to provide 100% online classes. Heck, most cant even handle 50%. Don't waste your money on sending your kids to a place that isnt used to online learning and could be providing academics in a format they aren't used to doing.

Return to “POLITICS”