Big 10 Women’s Lacrosse

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Cletus

Promising Year for Rutgers

Post by Cletus »

https://scarletknights.com/news/2020/4/ ... paign.aspx

AND apparently Rutgers women's lacrosse moves into the Rodkin Center in 2021. I'm guessing one of the benefits will be no more horn sounding like overkill in the cavernous SHI stadium. Let's hope they don't bring the tradition with them to the new facility.
njbill

Re: Big 10 Women’s Lacrosse

Post by njbill »

I suppose the ship has sailed for playing on the Yurcak grass (beautiful field). Probably sailed off the edge of the earth.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

Cletus

Nonsense from US Lacrosse magazine’s Michigan preview

Post by Cletus »

“(Caitlin) Muir was the only player to score in each of Michigan’s six games in 2020. Had there been a complete season, (coach) Nielsen thought Muir was on pace to challenge for the Big Ten Attacker of the Year award...”

Please. Without even looking at the other teams in the Big Ten, there were at least three players on the Wildcats Ms. Muir (Who is one of my favorite players in lacrosse) would have to leapfrog to be considered. I know it was the coach trying to do a little promoting for her player, but, let’s keep it real, shall we?
laxagainsthumanity

Post by laxagainsthumanity »

I'm excited to see NU's defense this year. I think that will determine their course. We already know they can beat *almost* anyone in a shootout, but there are a handful of teams for whom that won't be enough, especially teams that can neutralize Dwyer on the draw.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

laxagainsthumanity wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:57 pm I'm excited to see NU's defense this year. I think that will determine their course. We already know they can beat *almost* anyone in a shootout, but there are a handful of teams for whom that won't be enough, especially teams that can neutralize Dwyer on the draw.
Nu has the rough and tumble Copeland sisters on defense along with a supporting cast, but I think they need to focus more on team defense as well. It would be nice to see them try to add the swarming redefend/ride that Boston College employed during the Big 3 era. As far as neutralizing Dwyer, I wonder what that would look like. Last season, Notre Dame held Ms. Dwyer to 4. That was her season low. The next team to keep her in single digits was UNC with 7. She is a rare talent. At 5'5", it isn't her height she claims as the dominant reason as to why she typically dominates in the circle. She's got Apuzzo skills. NU is a very dangerous team that just needs to tighten up their defense to contend for it all.
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

Cletus wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:48 am
laxagainsthumanity wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:57 pm I'm excited to see NU's defense this year. I think that will determine their course. We already know they can beat *almost* anyone in a shootout, but there are a handful of teams for whom that won't be enough, especially teams that can neutralize Dwyer on the draw.
Nu has the rough and tumble Copeland sisters on defense along with a supporting cast, but I think they need to focus more on team defense as well. It would be nice to see them try to add the swarming redefend/ride that Boston College employed during the Big 3 era. As far as neutralizing Dwyer, I wonder what that would look like. Last season, Notre Dame held Ms. Dwyer to 4. That was her season low. The next team to keep her in single digits was UNC with 7. She is a rare talent. At 5'5", it isn't her height she claims as the dominant reason as to why she typically dominates in the circle. She's got Apuzzo skills. NU is a very dangerous team that just needs to tighten up their defense to contend for it all.
NU also has experience in both Ally Palermo (was on Team USA U19's before ACL) and Meg Gordon. Both have contributed a lot on defense the last 3 years.
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

has anyone had a preview to the schedules for BIG10...none posted so far?
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

8meterPA wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:32 pm has anyone had a preview to the schedules for BIG10...none posted so far?
None yet...
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

Teams from the Big Ten are releasing their schedules today hot and heavy. Good news! Although we will all miss the clashes between the Big 10 and the ACC this year. We’ll have to wait for The Tournament for that. (Insert fingers crossed emoji)
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

The Big 10 conference added another round to their playoffs. I wonder if it's just for this year...?
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

I'm really interested to see how this scheduling experiment goes in the Big 10. There is the potential, perhaps for the first time in history, for one team to meet another team four times in one season.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Cletus wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:48 pm I'm really interested to see how this scheduling experiment goes in the Big 10. There is the potential, perhaps for the first time in history, for one team to meet another team four times in one season.
It seems likely it will be for this year only, this is going to be a tough gauntlet for any team to run through unscathed. Northwestern could potentially beat MD twice in the same weekend, or you know fall prey to an old nemesis that has had their way with them since 2012...

Joe
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Cletus wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:48 pm I'm really interested to see how this scheduling experiment goes in the Big 10. There is the potential, perhaps for the first time in history, for one team to meet another team four times in one season.
It seems likely it will be for this year only, this is going to be a tough gauntlet for any team to run through unscathed. Northwestern could potentially beat MD twice in the same weekend, or you know fall prey to an old nemesis that has had their way with them since 2012...

Joe
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:49 pm Northwestern could potentially beat MD twice in the same weekend, or you know fall prey to an old nemesis that has had their way with them since 2012...

Joe

https://nusports.com/news/2012/5/26/Nor ... d_9_7.aspx
LaxGuy17

Post by LaxGuy17 »

Cletus wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:58 am
JoeMauer89 wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:49 pm Northwestern could potentially beat MD twice in the same weekend, or you know fall prey to an old nemesis that has had their way with them since 2012...

Joe

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washin ... utType=amp
nomofogo

Post by nomofogo »

Ohio State Womens Lacrosse schedule. Most Big Ten venues not to allow spectators I have heard. https://ohiostatebuckeyes.com/sports/w-lacros/schedule/
livelovelax

Post by livelovelax »

If spectators are NOT allowed to watch Big Ten games, shame on the "leaders" of this conference. Shame on them if they will not allow parents to attend!

Are you kidding me? So, allowing 100 masked parents max to attend inside a cavernous stadium is somehow dangerous?

What a joke.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

LaxGuy17 wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:22 am
Cletus wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:58 am

Joe

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washin ... utType=amp
Right, 2019 they did break the "streak" but this year I think they make it further in tourney as well...

Joe

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”