TV & Streaming 2020

D1 Mens Lacrosse
DMac

Re: TV & Streaming 2020

Post by DMac »

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It'll work great just like it did before (it would on the wlax side too!!!).
youthathletics

Re: TV & Streaming - Men's D1 2020

Post by youthathletics »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:29 pm This link has at least the game schedule but nothing under the Watch Column. https://www.insidelacrosse.com/league/di/calendar/2020

US Lacrosse seems to have it documented: https://www.uslaxmagazine.com/media/tv-listings
Thank you!
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
old salt

Post by old salt »

44WeWantMore wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:48 pm I would rather have universal livestreams than have to sign up with 4 different networks on top of the ESPN family.
I ain't payin' if the Jays ain't playin'

Plus I have enjoyed both extremes of professionalism in live streams. I recall a very enthusiastic student-run webcast of a UMBC game and I think Coach Cottle and the Loyola webcast matches up well against the best on ESPN.
Pete Medhurst & Joe Miller on PLN Navy home games are hard to beat.

Loyola's PLN games are also very good.

...& PLN is free.
old salt

Post by old salt »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:24 pmCouple that with the Patriot League Network live feeds and their archived games and you can get quite a bit.
Based upon my attempts, the Navy - Manhattan game has not been archived.
I hope that's just a one time oversight because the game was on Fri.
Last Sat's PLN games seem to have been archived.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

May be stating the obvious but... The first post on the first page of this thread has a bunch of links.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Mr3Putt wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:36 am People on twitter asking for D-2, D-3 games to be televised. Look I get it, but that is about choices . D-2, D-3 in any sport is not on television! Period. Then Taylor Cummings complaining about the lack of women’s games on the schedule. It’s a miracle that many women’s games are shown. As much as lacrosse has grown, it’s still small in many ways. Men’s D-1 stirs the drink.
If you want D3 lax get a Roku streaming stick for $25-50 or a Roku TV or smart TV.

Most D3 conferences have their own "app" that livestream most if not all sports/games.

I have the CAC/Centennial and NESCAC apps and can watch pretty much all the D3 lax I want.

Small note- Amazon Firesticks and Firestick TVs are a tad more limiting and don't have quite the selection of apps and as of last year were all but useless in the endeavor...

Hope it helps!
Redbirds

Post by Redbirds »

No real need to televise D2/D3 games as it seems that most if not all are live streamed by whichever school is hosting.
[/quote]

The production quality is grossly different between school feed and network. Interested to see the quality of broadcast on ESPN+ this weekend for Lynchburg V F&M
Gorilla Fan

Post by Gorilla Fan »

Ok... only Comcast/XFinity is available in downtown Boston... last year was great with ACC network part of that for free. This year, nope...

Question: if I subscribe to ESPN+ do I get ACCN as well?
JBFortunato

Post by JBFortunato »

Gorilla Fan wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:22 pm Ok... only Comcast/XFinity is available in downtown Boston... last year was great with ACC network part of that for free. This year, nope...

I am an Xfinity subscriber in New England, and I am not able to watch ACCN on ESPN+. It's pretty disappointing because I would estimate 70% of the games on ESPN+ are ACCN games.

Sure do wish Xfinity would get this figured out soon.
middleAgedBear

Post by middleAgedBear »

Former xfinity subscriber here, we replaced cable TV with Youtube TV ($40/month I think), which includes ACCN (and Big 10, among others). Also got ESPN+ sub ($5/month?) for Ivy games (was also disappointed to find ACCN not included there, but YouTube TV fixed that).
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Are ESPN+ games commentated and filmed by the local people from each school or done by ESPN staff?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:47 am Are ESPN+ games commentated and filmed by the local people from each school or done by ESPN staff?
ESPN+ games are local people from the school unless its a Hopkins game or the rare ACC game that's on the +, in which case it's the ESPN guys.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

jrn19 wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:55 am
youthathletics wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:47 am Are ESPN+ games commentated and filmed by the local people from each school or done by ESPN staff?
ESPN+ games are local people from the school unless its a Hopkins game or the rare ACC game that's on the +, in which case it's the ESPN guys.
Thank you!
~Livy
ICGrad

Post by ICGrad »

JBFortunato wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:36 pm
Gorilla Fan wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:22 pm Ok... only Comcast/XFinity is available in downtown Boston... last year was great with ACC network part of that for free. This year, nope...

I am an Xfinity subscriber in New England, and I am not able to watch ACCN on ESPN+. It's pretty disappointing because I would estimate 70% of the games on ESPN+ are ACCN games.

Sure do wish Xfinity would get this figured out soon.
I have SlingTV, the sports package. I think it's $25/mo. That give me access to ACCN. Then I have ESPN+ for the other games.

Waaaaay cheaper than cable, which I never watched anyway.
Dip&Dunk

Post by Dip&Dunk »

For today's Lehigh/VMI game 5 PM, here are the links I was given:

Stream:
https://watchstadium.com/network/patrio ... e-network/

or watch the live stats here:
https://lehighsports.com/sidearmstats/mlax/summary
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Has anyone tried watching an archived game on ESPN+? I have tried watching the Navy Richmond game 3 times in the last day and each time it freezes after about 1-2 minutes of play.
~Livy
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:09 am Has anyone tried watching an archived game on ESPN+? I have tried watching the Navy Richmond game 3 times in the last day and each time it freezes after about 1-2 minutes of play.
I am about half way through the first qtr with no problems
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

AreaLax wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:32 am
youthathletics wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:09 am Has anyone tried watching an archived game on ESPN+? I have tried watching the Navy Richmond game 3 times in the last day and each time it freezes after about 1-2 minutes of play.
I am about half way through the first qtr with no problems
Odd. I just checked my internet speed (see pic) it is just fine. Maybe only 1 person can watch at a time. I just tried 2 times again and it froze at 8 seconds.

~Livy
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

70 is more than enough.
Mine is way way suckier, and no, usually no problems with ESPN+ streaming.
SpinalTap14

Post by SpinalTap14 »

Thanks to this season’s men’s lacrosse TV and streaming technology, I have enjoyed watching a lot of lacrosse games in 2020 and it is only February. Quick question - Why do our announcers only use ONE metaphoric analogy to describe when a goalie is playing great - “He’s STANDING ON HIS HEAD!” I have taken notes, lax brothers, and no other metaphor is ever used. I hear it over and over and over and have been for years. Even when I attend a lacrosse game, in the stands I will hear some old fart tell us that the goalie is ... wait for it ... “STANDING ON HIS HEAD!”

Excuse my pettiness, but it is a stupid analogy. Perhaps we could start a movement to encourage our announcers and fans to mix it up a bit and use other metaphors that would reduce my eye rolls and be less distracting. Thank you for your time. Back to the streams of games!

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”