Landmark 2020

D3 Mens Lacrosse
LaxCrusader1

Re: Landmark 2020

Post by LaxCrusader1 »

E-town with a 14-4 shellacking of Messiah was really impressive, and has them as the team of destiny for the landmark in my eyes. Scranton looks very talented, but in a battle with Etown I think coaching and defense/goalie play for Etown wins out. Definitely a chasm between these two teams and the rest of the field right now.

As for the other teams. Drew returns a lot of offensive upperclassmen. They are competitive, but they also have a weak OOC schedule. Goucher has won some games, but I haven't seen anyone really stand out on that team in a way that will change much. Catholic certainly has a talented roster, and a tough OOC schedule, they will likely be dangerous come conference play. Moravian has similar problems as SU, losing one of their most important pieces in Laratta, but their OOC schedule isn't as strong as some of the other schools. And now...

Susquehanna. There is certainly quite a lot of hate for SU on this page. Some of it is warranted, and some if it just comes off as disrespectful, especially considering their youth and difficult OOC schedule is to start the year. The first thing I'll address is the King's loss. And as tough of a loss as it was, King's is now 4-0 with wins over Lycoming, Immaculata, West Conn and SU. SU was their first game of the year and this was King's only 1 goal game. Clearly, King's a stronger team this year then most of you seem to give them credit for. Second, F&M - who just beat W&L 15-5 - was a very tough game, but hopefully some good experience for all of those young players. DeSales - another good team - was a 17-9 game with a very rough first quarter when Dick got hurt. Despite not having Dick, SU gave Muhlenberg a very good game up until the end. Yes, things have looked rough for them at times, but they are young and learning, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if they end up as the 4 seed. This would leave some of you eating your words at the end of the season. I wouldn't be surprised if I had to eat mine at the end of the year either, but as another poster said, they've lost more than 20 players from last year for one reason or another. Let's give them some time to figure themselves out before calling them "the worst team in d3", you just sound like a hater...
Landmarkguy

Post by Landmarkguy »

SU...YIKES
Last edited by Landmarkguy on Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
laxbro1955

Post by laxbro1955 »

Does anyone know what's wrong with Colton Dick #42 on SU. Haven't seen his name on the game box score
Bananas4Lax3

Post by Bananas4Lax3 »

Etown after a big win over Dickinson drops two games to Stockton and Swarthmore.
Scranton is off to a rough 2-4 start after they had big expectations heading into the year.
Catholic is below .500 but they are coming off a big win against Mary Washington.
And SU....well....they just lost to Neumann.....not a good look here with losses now to Kings, a weak Lycoming team and Neumann. Maybe the Coronavirus will actually help them out and force them to cancel their season...ha!
The Landmark this year isn't doing themselves a ton of favors with not fairing well in out of conference games. The Etown win over Dickinson really saved the Landmarks season.
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

Big win for Susquehanna yesterday. The team seems to be clicking as others in the Landmark appear to be faltering. A young hot team is always dangerous come April. Go Hawks!!
laxbro1955

Post by laxbro1955 »

I agree its a win but the comment that other teams in conference are faltering is ridiculous. The other teams are playing completion not pushovers to get wins. Look at the teams they played compared to say Etown or scranton not even close. Its a shame the season may end I would have proven my point when conference play begun. I really feel bad for the seniors if Landmark changes and doesn't have league play.
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

What’s going on at Catholic?? I see they are looking for a new Head Coach...
boredatwork

Post by boredatwork »

https://www.catholicathletics.com/sport ... 0306jl5v87

This story seemed to get buried with it's timing right before the season was shut down
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

boredatwork wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:19 am https://www.catholicathletics.com/sport ... 0306jl5v87

This story seemed to get buried with it's timing right before the season was shut down
👍🏻
SpiritInTheStick

Post by SpiritInTheStick »

"Catholic University has dismissed its men's lacrosse head coach, Brooks Singer, following a University review of the management of team finances, including solicitation, documentation and handling of donor funds."

Wow. You don't see a statement put out like that every day. Especially about someone who worked for the US Department of Justice.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

WHOA. You don't put out a statement like THAT unless you have the guy on video committing the crime, admitting he committed the crime, and then signing a document saying he committed the crime. Geesh.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”