Johns Hopkins 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
runrussellrun

Re: Johns Hopkins 2022

Post by runrussellrun »

Just curious....what IS the closest full field, indoor facility that Hopkins could play at
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
molo

Post by molo »

Maybe the bubble next to the RIAC? That’s the only place I can think of in Baltimore. The old Coke Field House is the only indoor facility that has hosted a DI lax game inside as far as I know.
51percentcorn

Post by 51percentcorn »

I must admit the RIAC acronym escapes me - the Ravens have a full field indoor facility at the Underarmour Center - after that would it be the Commanders facility in Ashburn, VA???

RRR - aka fatty - I don't know why you have Grimes in your cross hairs - there are a couple of semi-relevant facts - he has the same number of points in 4 games in 2022 as he did in 13 in 2021. His shooting percentage was up 8 percentage points - I wish every Hopkins player could say the same. If he stayed at attack and projected the same ground ball rate he would lead both Epstein and DeSimone in ground balls. His turnovers at 5 vs 8 in 2021 are on the increase but he quickly switched to middie in '21 where turnovers ar eoften fewer where in 22 he went in the opposite direction.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

51percentcorn wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:40 pm I must admit the RIAC acronym escapes me - the Ravens have a full field indoor facility at the Underarmour Center - after that would it be the Commanders facility in Ashburn, VA???

RRR - aka fatty - I don't know why you have Grimes in your cross hairs - there are a couple of semi-relevant facts - he has the same number of points in 4 games in 2022 as he did in 13 in 2021. His shooting percentage was up 8 percentage points - I wish every Hopkins player could say the same. If he stayed at attack and projected the same ground ball rate he would lead both Epstein and DeSimone in ground balls. His turnovers at 5 vs 8 in 2021 are on the increase but he quickly switched to middie in '21 where turnovers ar eoften fewer where in 22 he went in the opposite direction.
Grimes was starting to make the sophomore jump that other great Hopkins offensive players have made and more impressively in the georgetown game was getting "right time right place" dumb luck goals which come when a player is in position and making plays. You could see the confidence starting to bloom and it would have had a trickle down effect on the rest of the team with his added scoring. The Syracuse game would not have been as close and the navy/delaware games would've seen more scoring and pressure on opposing defenses.

Post by 1766 »

Hopkins doesn't have an indoor facility? Where does the team practice during inclement weather in Feb/March?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

51percentcorn wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:40 pm I must admit the RIAC acronym escapes me - the Ravens have a full field indoor facility at the Underarmour Center - after that would it be the Commanders facility in Ashburn, VA???

assists?

speak with your laxmafia pals at the Disney network about aforemenioned player, and who IS pushing WHO into the limelite.....mean, at this rate, with Q's say so too, he would have "made' at least Honorable Mention, AA....and why not. ;)
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

1766 wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:00 pm Hopkins doesn't have an indoor facility? Where does the team practice during inclement weather in Feb/March?
Metaverse ?
molo

Post by molo »

Ridley Intercollegiate Athletic Center, aka Ridley Athletic Center (The RAC) at Loyola has a bubble next to it.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

1766 wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:00 pm Hopkins doesn't have an indoor facility? Where does the team practice during inclement weather in Feb/March?
at least when I was there they practiced on the floor of the regular student intramural gym during january/february next to the climbing wall and raquetball courts. No closed off screens or anything just another student group using a facility.
Sagittarius A*

Post by Sagittarius A* »

Playoff chances not looking so good right now according to Terry:

"To me, the Blue Jays’ only path to the NCAA Tournament is the Big Ten AQ. Right now, it’s possible none of their four wins will end up in the RPI Top 20, and two of their losses could be qualified as bad losses by the selection criteria. Could they beat Ohio State and Maryland in the regular season, beat Rutgers in the Big Ten Semis, lose in the Big Ten title game and have a favorable bubble resume? It’s possible, but seems unlikely."

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... aces/59185
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Sagittarius A* wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:16 pm Playoff chances not looking so good right now according to Terry:

"To me, the Blue Jays’ only path to the NCAA Tournament is the Big Ten AQ. Right now, it’s possible none of their four wins will end up in the RPI Top 20, and two of their losses could be qualified as bad losses by the selection criteria. Could they beat Ohio State and Maryland in the regular season, beat Rutgers in the Big Ten Semis, lose in the Big Ten title game and have a favorable bubble resume? It’s possible, but seems unlikely."

Ferry is right in that it's going to be very hard to get in, and that no one should expect it. (You hearing that, Doc?) But his scenario for the Jays' only way of getting in is too drastic. They don't have to beat Maryland. If they go 4-1 in the B1G they'd finish 8-6 with wins over OSU and Rutgers. They'd probably get in. Or if they go 3-2 with a win over OSU or Rutgers to finish 7-7 and then win a B1G tourney game to ensure a .500 record, that could easily be enough too. RPI is the game. Jays are #16 right now with a 4-5 record. At 8-6 they're probably top 10.

The most frustrating part of all this is had they won the two winnable games last weekend, they'd be in a very favorable position at 6-3, likely a top 10-12 RPI and with the entire B1G schedule ahead of them. We very well may be looking back at that weekend and wondering what could have been. But that's why you play the games.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Sagittarius A* wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:16 pm Playoff chances not looking so good right now according to Terry:

leaving out the possibility the future may be different, but i might be one of the few people besides the selection committee that understands at larges for multiple normal years are straight rpi now.

hopkins is 16. if they can go 2 or 3 games over .500 in the b1g, my guess that'll put 'em inside 12. doesn't matter who they beat or lose to. only will matter how many conference upsets there are in title games in b1g, big east and ivy.
Big Dog

Post by Big Dog »

we're 16 now, but even with a W against Michigan, it should drop. PSU is also no help in the RPI column. It will take a W against Rutgers adn OSU.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

https://hopkinssports.com/news/2022/3/2 ... notes.aspx

no fernandez or delaney whose careers appear to be finished. putting a kid (grimes) who hasn't been in the lineup in weeks in the lineup notes at two positions is classy.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

jhu06 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:34 pm https://hopkinssports.com/news/2022/3/2 ... notes.aspx

no fernandez or delaney whose careers appear to be finished.
Delaney's lacrosse career has been over for 10 months

Fernandez will be back, either this year or next. They're not going to rush him back at this point though. I believe he's a senior graduating this year which means if he wants to he can return as a grad student in 2023. In fact he'd still have multiple years of eligibility should he find a multiyear masters program.
51percentcorn

Post by 51percentcorn »

jhu06 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:34 pm putting a kid (grimes) who hasn't been in the lineup in weeks in the lineup notes at two positions is classy.
This is worse 16 - let's see Grimes started out as an attackman in '21 and finished as a mid-fielder - he started '22 as a mid-fielder and then was playing attack before he got hurt. So you are allowing for the possibility - if he plays at all - that the position is not settled. There is not one crumb that is lacking class in that situation. The sooner you realize game notes are crap - the happier the rest of us will be. What do you think the Michigan coach is going to go screaming on the field - "Wait he was in the game notes twice!!" The Michigan coahc uses the Hopkins game notes to wrap fish. Get a grip.
GSP

Post by GSP »

wgdsr wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:51 pm

leaving out the possibility the future may be different, but i might be one of the few people besides the selection committee that understands at larges for multiple normal years are straight rpi now.

hopkins is 16. if they can go 2 or 3 games over .500 in the b1g, my guess that'll put 'em inside 12. doesn't matter who they beat or lose to. only will matter how many conference upsets there are in title games in b1g, big east and ivy.
Pipe dream! Unless Hopkins goes 4 and 1 in the Big 10, it is AQ or go home. There are 9 AQs. So 7 At Large. ACC will get a minimum of 3 bids, UVA, Duke and UNC all far ahead of Hopkins. Ivy very likely to get 3 with Princeton, Penn, Cornell, Yale. Harvard and Brown are also ahead of Hopkins. Big 10 gets 1 with Rutgers and OSU all ahead of Hopkins. A loss to either Rutgers or OSU spells the end of the season. They only have 1 Top 20 win against a fading Jacksonville at #13. It is over!
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

GSP wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:58 pm

Pipe dream! Unless Hopkins goes 4 and 1 in the Big 10, it is AQ or go home. There are 9 AQs. So 7 At Large. ACC will get a minimum of 3 bids, UVA, Duke and UNC all far ahead of Hopkins. Ivy very likely to get 3 with Princeton, Penn, Cornell, Yale. Harvard and Brown are also ahead of Hopkins. Big 10 gets 1 with Rutgers and OSU all ahead of Hopkins. A loss to either Rutgers or OSU spells the end of the season. They only have 1 Top 20 win against a fading Jacksonville at #13. It is over!
For an at large, I think the Blue Jays need to either: (1) beat all of the B1G teams at least once, including Maryland; or, alternatively, they can beat all the B1G teams except Maryland and reach the B1G final and make the NCAA tournament that way, but only if Maryland wins the B1G tournament. However it comes about, Hopkins will need to be among the consensus top two teams from the B1G to reach the NCAA tournament.

Tall order ….

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

oh, it's a pipe dream alright but finishing 2 games over .500 very well could get it done. duke is not far ahead of hopkins, they are 15 and hopkins is 16. the very likely ivies right now are princeton, cornell, and harvard. yale and brown are 14 and 13. penn's in ok shape, but start going under .500 in ivy things get tricky.
top 20 rpi wins doesn't matter anymore. jacksonville is #28.

there will be 8 at larges in the tournament. 10 aqs with 4 of them in play-ins.
GSP

Post by GSP »

wgdsr wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:10 am

oh, it's a pipe dream alright but finishing 2 games over .500 very well could get it done. duke is not far ahead of hopkins, they are 15 and hopkins is 16. the very likely ivies right now are princeton, cornell, and harvard. yale and brown are 14 and 13. penn's in ok shape, but start going under .500 in ivy things get tricky.
top 20 rpi wins doesn't matter anymore. jacksonville is #28.

there will be 8 at larges in the tournament. 10 aqs with 4 of them in play-ins.
Is there a Play-in game this year? Who are the 10 AQs?

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”