Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
OCanada

Re: Orange Duce

Post by OCanada »

Thanks DMAC. I had a friend in 5th SF Pleiku. Is that
near where you were? Kerry was Mekong Delta. Silver Star, bronze star and three Purple Hearts. Don’t know why I thought otherwise

I had a classmate who was the youngest member of Congress to serve on Ways and Means. He and Kerry both ran for Senate against each other in a primary. Kerry won by less than 1% as I recall. I met him then. Still wish he lost for selfish reasons. His service probably made the difference.

^5 to you
Last edited by OCanada on Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Kristalmighty, you'd think the place didn't exist (always have a hard time finding stuff about it), here's the best I can come up with. You'll see Tan My (pronunced Tan Me) right below Thuan An. Was just just a small remote place not all that far south of the DMZ. I believe Pleiku is in more central SVN.
https://www.google.com/search?q=map+of+ ... xGM:&vet=1

Here's a bit more about Clearwater:
https://www.mrfa.org/us-navy/us-navy-mo ... 1965-1970/
" These river patrol boats (PBR), minesweeping, and patrol air cushion vehicles (PACV) units comprised Task Force Clearwater, which was charged with securing the two major waterways of the I Corps Tactical Zone, The Cau Viet and Hue Rivers, The PBR element of the Hue river Security Group, at various times the task force headquarters, were located in Tan My lagoon on Mobile base 1, a floating base consisting of large connecting pontoons that served berthing, messing, repair, and command-control functions. The other units and the Naval Support Activity, Danang, detachment usually were stationed ashore."
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Central highlands as I recall. He moved back to Nam years later
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

runrussellrun wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:27 pm
ToastDunk wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:08 pm
jhu72 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:28 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:23 pm I was just about to post that. It was a great speech, and his delivery was just fine.

Well done President Trump.
Yup, overall it was fine.
The bar is so low these days that the President of the United States delivering a speech that anyone serving in this position can deliver, receives accolades.

The man did his job. The ONLY thing remarkable was that he didn't embarrass us all while on foreign soil. (He waited for his Fox interview to do that.)

The words of the speech were correct. Them coming out of the mouth of a man who dodged the Vietnam draft (5 times) was... off-putting. Of course no one else could/should have delivered that speech.
Dick Cheney go to Vietnam? Joe Biden go to Vietnam? Bill Clinton? Jerry Brown? Teddy Kennedy? Romney?

Plenty of politician chickenhawks, just waiting for you and yours to be normal Americans (the VAST majority of us independents ).......and bash equally.

Can you (collective ) do it?

exactly
Lots of folks of that specific age group didn't go. Some of that just luck of the draw.
The question would be whether they simply didn't get the call or whether they actually got a doc to claim a phony medical issue. Big difference between that kind of 'avoidance' and fraudulent like Trump.

I grew up assuming I'd go. Would volunteer if not drafted. But was still in HS when we exited and my class didn't even get a draft #. By that point, though, (and indeed earlier for many) it had become pretty darn clear that the country had been flat lied to, not only by the politicians, but also some of the top brass.

Trump's avoidance was way before we understood those issues.

But RRR, are you saying that Dems who avoided the draft in some fashion weren't criticized by the R's ?
LandM

Post by LandM »

O'Canada - my dad did two trips on two separate years through Pleiku...........man did you bring bring back some memories for me as a kid. Thank you and thanks dmac. My dad has been dead for 8 years but he loved the mount yards (spelling). I still have the boomerang, custom wood that he brought back after tour 2. I had the pleasure to serve with some of the meanest bada$$ supposedly around none of us would have taken my old man on - thank you both for the memories.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Glad to see o d back down and listen to GOP Senators!!!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... 0904c97ee4

Love this shade from Schumer:

@SenSchumer

More Chuck Schumer Retweeted Donald J. Trump
This is an historic night!

@realDonaldTrump has announced that he has cut a deal to “greatly reduce, or eliminate, Illegal Immigration coming from Mexico and into the United States.”

Now that that problem is solved, I’m sure we won’t be hearing any more about it in the future.

:lol:
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
a fan

Post by a fan »

And Trump starts backpedalling this statement in 5, 4, 3, 2........

Can't claim you fixed the problem, Trumpy. The election is next November, old boy.

Let's see, he's got sooo many options to choose from.

-Mexico isn't holding up their end of the bargain
-Mexico is doing all they can, but gee whiz, we really need that wall
-Pelosi is keeping Mexico from holding up their end

So , so many BS excuses to choose from. Maybe Trump will choose all of them?
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

OCanada wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:51 pm Central highlands as I recall. He moved back to Nam years later
Spent some ugly time,in,on and under Haiphong Harbor.Three of my guys....R.I.P.The entire Vietnam fiasco was a monumental waste of time,money and tears.
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

wahoomurf wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:26 pm
OCanada wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:51 pm Central highlands as I recall. He moved back to Nam years later
Spent some ugly time,in,on and under Haiphong Harbor.Three of my guys....R.I.P.The entire Vietnam fiasco was a monumental waste of time,money and tears.
Thanks JFK and LBJ...
Farfromgeneva is a sissy soy boy
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

The Gulf of Tonkin lie was unforgivable. We first dipped our toes in under Ike. LBJ was afraid the right would hold him responsible for losing Vietnam the way they tried to assess blame for Mao winning in China. He should have had more courage but communism was the scare word then . Mao was always going to win in China
DMac

Post by DMac »

Bandito wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:34 pm
wahoomurf wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:26 pm
Thanks JFK and LBJ...
You've got more people to thank than just those two, try going back a few more years.
First US troops to be killed there was in '59.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Dick Cheney go to Vietnam? Joe Biden go to Vietnam? Bill Clinton? Jerry Brown? Teddy Kennedy? Romney? Plenty of politician chickenhawks :roll: just waiting for you and yours to be normal Americans (the VAST majority of us independents ).......and bash equally. Can you (collective ) do it? exactly. :?
None of those folks went to Vietnam as far as I know. Why do YOU (whoever wrote this confusing post) believe all the folks elected to office should serve in the Military? Perhaps some of the folks you mentioned were too busy.

I went. Those who didn't can count themselves effing lucky.
a fan

Post by a fan »

And on the ongoing Trump "declare fake crisis. "Fix" fake crisis. Declare fake victory. Trump fans cheer. Rinse. Repeat"

The deal to avert tariffs that President Trump announced with great fanfare on Friday night consists largely of actions that Mexico had already promised to take in prior discussions with the United States over the past several months, according to officials from both countries who are familiar with the negotiations.

Neat. Who's impressed? I know I am. Wow. What a leader.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/08/us/p ... MGUfngMqow
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

a fan wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:31 pm And on the ongoing Trump "declare fake crisis. "Fix" fake crisis. Declare fake victory. Trump fans cheer. Rinse. Repeat"

The deal to avert tariffs that President Trump announced with great fanfare on Friday night consists largely of actions that Mexico had already promised to take in prior discussions with the United States over the past several months, according to officials from both countries who are familiar with the negotiations.

Neat. Who's impressed? I know I am. Wow. What a leader.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/08/us/p ... MGUfngMqow
From your article.

Officials involved with talks said they began in earnest last Sunday, when Kevin K. McAleenan, the acting secretary of homeland security, met over dinner with Mexico’s foreign minister. One senior government official, who was not authorized to speak publicly about the closed-door negotiations that took place over several days, insisted that the Mexicans agreed to move faster and more aggressively to deter migrants than they ever have before.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

runrussellrun wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:27 pm

Them coming out of the mouth of a man who dodged the Vietnam draft (5 times) was... off-putting. Of course no one else could/should have delivered that speech.

Dick Cheney go to Vietnam? Joe Biden go to Vietnam? Bill Clinton? Jerry Brown? Teddy Kennedy? Romney?

Plenty of politician chickenhawks, just waiting for you and yours to be normal Americans (the VAST majority of us independents ).......and bash equally.

Clinton, Brown, Kennedy - don't qualify as chickenhawks as that term is for the pro war types who are too scared to fight and prefer that others do their fighting for them while they stay home counting their war profits. Almost all are Republicans :twisted: .
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
a fan

Post by a fan »

6ftstick wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:59 pm
From your article.

Officials involved with talks said they began in earnest last Sunday, when Kevin K. McAleenan, the acting secretary of homeland security, met over dinner with Mexico’s foreign minister. One senior government official, who was not authorized to speak publicly about the closed-door negotiations that took place over several days, insisted that the Mexicans agreed to move faster and more aggressively to deter migrants than they ever have before.
Uh oh. Now you're stuck. Now you're agreeing with Trump, and you believe that the problem has been solved.

Trump's quote, again: is that this deal will greatly reduce, or eliminate, Illegal Immigration coming from Mexico and into the United States.”

Here Trump is claiming that this deal of his has fixed the illegal immigration crisis. That's what greatly reduced or eliminate means. Trump is telling you that illegal crossing might even drop to zero because of this deal..

You're on the spot now, 6ft. You either believe Trump, or you don't. So which is it?

Take your time and think it through, because there's a whole raft of consequences to your answer.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

a fan wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:16 pm
From your article.

Uh oh. Now you're stuck. Now you're agreeing with Trump, and you believe that the problem has been solved.

Trump's quote, again: is that this deal will greatly reduce, or eliminate, Illegal Immigration coming from Mexico and into the United States.”

Here Trump is claiming that this deal of his has fixed the illegal immigration crisis. That's what greatly reduced or eliminate means. Trump is telling you that illegal crossing might even drop to zero because of this deal..

You're on the spot now, 6ft. You either believe Trump, or you don't. So which is it?

Take your time and think it through, because there's a whole raft of consequences to your answer.
You said he lied about the deal created by the threat of tariffs. That paragraph says it made the Mexicans ACT faster. Begrudgingly buried in the fifth paragraph under a headline that said the opposite.So you lied.

As long as that kind of undercutting of Trumps attempts to solve the problem—by the democrats, the MSM and the never Trump republicans it will be difficult. But I don't see ANYONE else attempting to alleviate the situation. Trumps the first politician to try anything to stem the tied of illegal immigration since the 80's.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

a fan wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:16 pm
From your article.

All the r's believe that YOU are wrong, problem solved, as Fact's don't matter.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

r hero and Liar in Chief, keeps the LIES coming:

"Three Mexican officials said Saturday they were not aware of any side accord in the works, and that agricultural trade hadn’t been discussed during three days of negotiations..."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ting-trump
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

6ftstick wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:41 amanything to stem the tied of illegal immigration
Yeah, he stemmed the "tied" alright. Give it a week...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes

Return to “POLITICS”