Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: The Mueller Investigation

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:00 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:31 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:18 am
old salt wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:34 pm
a fan wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:01 pm :lol: Let me guess. "Suddenly" your "side" will want to see the un-redacted Mueller report?

Surely Barr mentioned what was in that tweet. Amiright? ;)
I'm not holding my breath that Mueller investigated IC/FBI leaks.

I'm hoping to learn from IG Horowitz who got comp'd with Nats & Caps tickets.
My point is that this guy claims to have information that would surely constitute a leak of classified level info. Right now, just got it. You ticked off about his getting this?
What guy ? What are you talking about ?

If Halper & 5 eyes cronies -- if they're FBI informants, I doubt that Mueller or Barr will burn them (sources & methods).
Paul Sperry, the racist Islamphobe whose Twitter feed youth linked to above. He's the one claiming to have seen "highly classified" information that he claims links Clapper to a leak...
In that case, like I said -- I don't expect that Mueller devoted his investigative resources to tracking down leakers of classified matl from within the Obama Admin. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised on that score, but I doubt it. That's IG stuff.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:41 am
youthathletics wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:14 am
a fan wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:01 pm :lol: Let me guess. "Suddenly" your "side" will want to see the un-redacted Mueller report?

Not at all, there are people in position that can read classified information. it's not all or nothing.
Ah, so "today" you trust the Deep State to review the Mueller report for you, eh? :lol: Don't need to see it for yourself?

The logic being bandied about in the next two years is really going to be something.
JHC....I have been on record as saying release it, as is damn near the entire population, but it first needs scrubbed FOR LEGAL REASONS.

It is my understanding that it is against the law to release ANY Grand Jury information to the public and that has been on the law books for quite some time.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:06 pm

My point is that this guy claims to have information that would surely constitute a leak of classified level info. Right now, just got it. You ticked off about his getting this?

If Halper & 5 eyes cronies -- if they're FBI informants, I doubt that Mueller or Barr will burn them (sources & methods).
Paul Sperry, the racist Islamphobe whose Twitter feed youth linked to above. He's the one claiming to have seen "highly classified" information that he claims links Clapper to a leak...
In that case, like I said -- I don't expect that Mueller devoted his investigative resources to tracking down leakers of classified matl from within the Obama Admin. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised on that score, but I doubt it. That's IG stuff.
Except that he appears to be claiming to have just received this information...right now. Thus my question as to whether that leaking bothers you. Regardless of who investigates.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:22 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:26 pm Drip drip drip. https://twitter.com/paulsperry_/status/ ... 28003?s=21

Clapper a leaker to WaPo? Probably not but the water appears to be at 211 degrees, almost boiling, maybe?
So, who was the illegal leak to this cat?
Maybe we need another SC witch hunt. Show me the man and I'll find the (process) crime. ;)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:15 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:22 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:26 pm Drip drip drip. https://twitter.com/paulsperry_/status/ ... 28003?s=21

Clapper a leaker to WaPo? Probably not but the water appears to be at 211 degrees, almost boiling, maybe?
So, who was the illegal leak to this cat?
Maybe we need another SC witch hunt. Show me the man and I'll find the (process) crime. ;)
You posted this guy's Breaking News, not me.
He's claiming a conspiracy theory of illegal leaks...and purports to have seen highly classified documents that suggest such a theory...so who leaked to him? (if at all)

Paul Sperry is a racist Islmaphobe. He's trafficking in right wing, conspiracy tripe.
My best advice would be to delete him from your feed.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:15 pm

Except that he appears to be claiming to have just received this information...right now. Thus my question as to whether that leaking bothers you. Regardless of who investigates.
Sperry's not leaking. He's speculating on who leaked the intercepts, naming the most likely suspects. Who cares ?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:13 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:41 am
youthathletics wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:14 am

Not at all, there are people in position that can read classified information. it's not all or nothing.
Ah, so "today" you trust the Deep State to review the Mueller report for you, eh? :lol: Don't need to see it for yourself?

The logic being bandied about in the next two years is really going to be something.
JHC....I have been on record as saying release it, as is damn near the entire population, but it first needs scrubbed FOR LEGAL REASONS.

It is my understanding that it is against the law to release ANY Grand Jury information to the public and that has been on the law books for quite some time.
Yes, but a simple request for waiver by the Judge is all it takes. That's also the law.
Don't ask for that waiver in a situation like this and the question is inevitably what are you hiding.

Classified information is another matter (in terms of the public). But the determination of what truly deserves being withheld should be reviewed by those in Congress with clearances. If there's a dispute, that should be known.

BTW, Trump could simply make all information unclassified that Congress requests. Simple. These folks don't want to compromise national security either, so knowing they've seen the information and can vouch that it deserves to be withheld would help with public trust. Otherwise its viewed as possibly a cover-up by Trump's appointees.

Same for information that could compromise ongoing investigations. Congress can hold that back from public view, too, and public trust would be fine.

The problem is that Trump appears to want anything embarrassing to himself to be redacted, period. And Barr's argument that anything pertaining to an individual not indicted should not be disclosed, seems to be saying , 'yes, boss, I'm your Roy Cohn'.

If Trump's innocent as driven snow, you guys should want it all out there proving he's cleared of any wrongdoing. Same for his people.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:27 pm

Sperry's not leaking. He's speculating on who leaked the intercepts, naming the most likely suspects. Who cares ?
No, he's claiming to have seen the intercepts or being told about them. He's in receipt of the leaks.
So, who is leaking this to him?

If he's just speculating, then, yup, he's just a conspiracy monger.
And should be viewed as such.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:06 pm In that case, like I said -- I don't expect that Mueller devoted his investigative resources to tracking down leakers of classified matl from within the Obama Admin. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised on that score, but I doubt it. That's IG stuff.
He doesn't have to do that. All he has to do is look at all the stuff surrounding those FISA warrants. Bet he has a pretty clear picture as to what happened with those, and all he had to do is write down what he learned.

It's certainly not unlikely it's in there. And this is very helpful for your cause of finding those who broke laws, no?
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:35 pm

No, he's claiming to have seen the intercepts or being told about them. He's in receipt of the leaks.
.:roll:. ...here's what Sperry tweeted :
BREAKING: Information from highly classified Flynn intercepts circulated from McCabe --> to Comey --> to Clapper [--> to WaPo?], making Clapper a top suspect in illegal leak to WaPo. Mueller came across this chain of info during his probe, yet never bothered to prosecute the leak
He's not claiming to have seen intercepts. He's alleging that Mueller discovered who leaked them to the WP & declined to prosecute.

Maybe Sperry's picking up hearsay from simmering prosecutors on Mueller's team, then reporting it as fact, ...like the WP/NYT do.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:42 pm

BREAKING: Information from highly classified Flynn intercepts circulated from McCabe --> to Comey --> to Clapper [--> to WaPo?], making Clapper a top suspect in illegal leak to WaPo. Mueller came across this chain of info during his probe, yet never bothered to prosecute the leak
He's not claiming to have seen intercepts. He's alleging that Mueller discovered who leaked them to the WP & declined to prosecute.

Maybe Sperry's picking up hearsay from simmering prosecutors on Mueller's team, then reporting it as fact, ...like the WP/NYT do.
Maybe.
Or maybe he's exactly what I described, a right wing conspiracy monger, a racist Islamaphobe, and has nothing at all to support his BREAKING allegation.

He's got no Editor, no vetting process to double check sourcing, he's just got a Twitter trumpet.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:46 pm No, he's claiming to have seen the intercepts or being told about them. He's in receipt of the leaks.
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:46 pm Maybe.
Or maybe he's exactly what I described, a right wing conspiracy monger, a racist Islamaphobe, and has nothing at all to support his BREAKING allegation.
No, Maybe or Maybe. Did you eat "waffles" for breakfast? :o :P
~Livy

Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:46 pm

Maybe.

He's got no Editor, no vetting process to double check sourcing, he's just got a Twitter trumpet.
For all you know, he could be Bandito.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Maybe.

Then you play editor. Diagram the sentence which you misinterpreted & got all spooled up about :
Subject = information // Verb = circulated.
...& you didn't have to pay to penetrate a firewall to read hearsay from unnamed sources.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

I don't expect another SC. Even though the pretext for the Mueller Investigation was sketchy at best and a downright attempted coup at worst, we have allies who are up to their elbows in this. Even Trump is likely to approve it going away just to keep them out of it.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:00 pm

Maybe.

For all you know, he could be Bandito.
:lol: :lol:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:02 pm

Maybe.

Then you play editor. Diagram the sentence which you misinterpreted & got all spooled up about :
Subject = information // Verb = circulated.
...& you didn't have to pay to penetrate a firewall to read hearsay from unnamed sources.
I agree, he hasn't necessarily seen the intercepts. He's just pretending to know that highly classified information circulated as he's suggesting, drawing conclusions, and claiming to know what Mueller did or did not look at, much less "declined to prosecute".

If you really unwind it, Mueller "declined to prosecute" all sorts of stuff, including unicorns. But this guy wants his followers to think he's actually seen something, been told something about classified info. BREAKING

Track his history
Chips O'Toole

Post by Chips O'Toole »

Consistent with the Trump Admin's strategy -- in collusion with the new outlaw AG, as Barr basically confessed today -- to bury the Mueller Report, our thread fell to page 3 of the topics. The AG's performance today will go down as one of the biggest affronts to the rule of law in US history, and it just gets a big yawn from the media. (And I don't even know what to say about that absolute waste of space named Mnuchin.) At this moment in history, why would anyone in this country pay taxes? Why comply with any environmental regulations? Why refrain from trading on insider information? Why on earth would you NOT initiate a Ponzi scheme? The federal government is a criminal enterprise.

Anyone supportive of the AG's blatantly partisan efforts to protect Trump from the Mueller Report is a traitor to this country.

Also, when you reply to a post, you don't have to quote three weeks worth of Randy & MDlax bickering. Good night.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Well, after listening to Barr---looks like everyone on the Forum is getting what they want. FISA investigations, FBI investigations, and a released Mueller report with explanations as to why the redactions were made.

The tin foil hats will never go away....but for us rational Americans? The tin foil hats can shut the hell up in a matter of months, as all will be resolved.

Kinda nice, really, after all this stupidity.
Chips O'Toole

Post by Chips O'Toole »

a fan wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:42 pm Well, after listening to Barr---looks like everyone on the Forum is getting what they want. FISA investigations, FBI investigations, and a released Mueller report with explanations as to why the redactions were made.

The tin foil hats will never go away....but for us rational Americans? The tin foil hats can shut the hell up in a matter of months, as all will be resolved.

Kinda nice, really, after all this stupidity.
My goodness. We are doomed if this is rational America.

Return to “POLITICS”