Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Peter Brown

Re: Race in America - Riots Explode in Minneapolis

Post by Peter Brown »

CU77 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:19 pm
Seattle protester hit by car on closed highway dies, second remains in serious condition, officials say
https://www.foxnews.com/us/seattle-prot ... ghway-dies

A deliberate murder of a young woman peacefully protesting. And a second attempted murder.

How severely disappointed the Democrats are that the below is the driver:

4E94EC5A-4674-44A3-A617-2A2E54904D27.jpeg
4E94EC5A-4674-44A3-A617-2A2E54904D27.jpeg (182.42 KiB) Viewed 1502 times

Not much of a white supremacist. There always Jussie. Better luck next time.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:54 pm
Seattle protester hit by car on closed highway dies, second remains in serious condition, officials say

A deliberate murder of a young woman peacefully protesting. And a second attempted murder.

You mean it wasn’t deliberate?
“I wish you would!”
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

Armed Protesters March Through Georgia’s Stone Mountain Park
https://www.herald.ng/armed-protesters- ... tain-park/
“I don’t see no white militia,” he declared. “We’re here. Where … you at? We’re in your house. Let’s go.”
Live Free or Die!
Typical Lax Dad

Cooter wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:16 pm Armed Protesters March Through Georgia’s Stone Mountain Park
“I don’t see no white militia,” he declared. “We’re here. Where … you at? We’re in your house. Let’s go.”
Is that an open carry state?
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:46 pm yeah, it's all about the color of their skin, right?

Only "black leadership" can stop black people from killing black people, it's their responsibility!!!

Couldn't have anything to do with poverty and the drug trade... :roll:
Was this in reply to my post?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:41 pm
Cooter wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:16 pm Armed Protesters March Through Georgia’s Stone Mountain Park
Is that an open carry state?

I see the elite self loathing crowd is all over this non issue.

Just wondering if any of them have mentioned the name of Secoriea Turner? Just kidding, I know they haven’t and won’t.

Only some black lives matter to white Democrats.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:13 pm

Do you have ESP? You should check in with the driver.

We can only imagine your reaction had it been a white guy. God forbid had he been a paid up member of the ‘mighty’ boogaloos, MD would be having coronaries!
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:35 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:46 pm yeah, it's all about the color of their skin, right?

Only "black leadership" can stop black people from killing black people, it's their responsibility!!!

Economic opportunity solves a lot of problems. How bad was the crime in Baltimore when the city was thriving economically and you had wider participation.....well paying jobs for average folk? My guess is as the jobs left and drugs came in, crime went up? That would be a wild guess. Those black folks moved the jobs out of the city? My wild guess would be no?
Good guess. When the mills, shipbuilding and heavy industry dried up, the city fathers had to find something else to do. They tied their wagons to healthcare and bio-technology. Very different kind of workforce needed. It takes no imagination at all to understand how this preferentially further disadvantages those already on the bottom of the working class pile. Those who were more mobile (white working class) could move elsewhere to similar jobs in industries they knew and had worked in. Those with few / no assets were stuck. No problem attracting the types of workers needed from out of town and already had the institutions in place to grow the new Baltimore. These decisions weren't made by black men.

As far as I can tell, there was no malicious intent, but there was also less consideration given to the game plan than was really required. This was taking place in the 60s through 70s into the 80s, not overnight. Very racist period in our (the country's) history. The "moral majority" (white working class), "silent majority" (white working class) being dog whistled to by the republican party and their southern strategy to remain in power. Selling white tribe fear, just like today. Not to mention the federal government's (J.E. Hoover) plan to turn a blind eye to those exploiting the "drug distribution" opportunity in the black community, further impoverishing.

These decisions weren't made by black men. The white power structure is responsible for this.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:07 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:13 pm

Do you have ESP? You should check in with the driver.

We can only imagine your reaction had it been a white guy. God forbid had he been a paid up member of the ‘mighty’ boogaloos, MD would be having coronaries!
He should be prosecuted for vehicular homicide. We just had a hit and run in my town yesterday. A fatality. Police are looking for the driver. Hopefully he is found and prosecuted.
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Typical Lax Dad

jhu72 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:28 pm Trumpnista are amusing. :lol:
I wonder what their black friends think of that? They should have brought them along.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

jhu72 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:16 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:35 pm

Economic opportunity solves a lot of problems. How bad was the crime in Baltimore when the city was thriving economically and you had wider participation.....well paying jobs for average folk? My guess is as the jobs left and drugs came in, crime went up? That would be a wild guess. Those black folks moved the jobs out of the city? My wild guess would be no?
Good guess. When the mills, shipbuilding and heavy industry dried up, the city fathers had to find something else to do. They tied their wagons to healthcare and bio-technology. Very different kind of workforce needed. It takes no imagination at all to understand how this preferentially further disadvantages those already on the bottom of the working class pile. Those who were more mobile (white working class) could move elsewhere to similar jobs in industries they knew and had worked in. Those with few / no assets were stuck. No problem attracting the types of workers needed from out of town and already had the institutions in place to grow the new Baltimore. These decisions weren't made by black men.

As far as I can tell, there was no malicious intent, but there was also less consideration given to the game plan than was really required. This was taking place in the 60s through 70s into the 80s, not overnight. Very racist period in our (the country's) history. The "moral majority" (white working class), "silent majority" (white working class) being dog whistled to by the republican party and their southern strategy to remain in power. Selling white tribe fear, just like today. Not to mention the federal government's (J.E. Hoover) plan to turn a blind eye to those exploiting the "drug distribution" opportunity in the black community, further impoverishing.

These decisions weren't made by black men. The white power structure is responsible for this.
This is why I liked Andrew Yang even if he wasn’t a real contender and limited. He focused on retraining, acknowledges and accepted the reality that we have to give up some industries and jobs (unless you want to keep trying like Frank Sobotka) and was honest about it while focusing on the damage of such displacement. It’s the obvious right thing and where all politicians have failed for 3 decades.

But it’s not just Baltimore, drove by a new “tech corridor” bldg in I20 heading west a back to Atlanta today (empty), everyone tripped over their own d*#ks to throw money at Amazon. Have seen Pittsburg pimping tech and healthcare, Boston pushes biotech pretty hard (especially since the modern era doesn’t value active asset managers much these days). Raleigh is trying hard as are a bunch fo cities. But it’s all weak attempts, “we will call ourselves open and create a few subsidies and tax breaks and we hVe a few colleges nearby so surely it will come with this silly effort”.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Yup, politicians on both side sell easy non-solutions.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:54 pm How severely disappointed the Democrats are that the below is the driver:

What are you saying - that he is a Democrat? How would you know?

He crashed his vehicle in a BLM rally and struck 2 transgenders:

https://www.smobserved.com/story/2020/0 ... /4743.html

Evidently, he is of Somali background. ''The Washington State Patrol is holding Kelete on possible terrorism or manslaughter charges. '' Then there's this: "Witness accounts do differ. Some say Kelete was trying to avoid the protestors. ""Deliberately targeted." Excuse me? It was a black man that hit her, and as far as I can tell he swerved to try and avoid people on a freeway, in the middle of the night. Our politicians are shameless."

Dunno how this is all going to shake out but it's best to wait until all facts are in before rendering uninformed judgment.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Typical Lax Dad

jhu72 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:53 pm Yup, politicians on both side sell easy non-solutions.
It would seem so much easier to just do the right thing. This country has been moving forward in 2nd gear but so long as the haves eat off the top, they don’t care. My father pointed out to me a long time ago that this is one of the few countries where poor people Enthusiastically fight the battles for the rich.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Funny

“I wish you would!”
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:53 pm Where is the Black Leadership?

...AND the equality that those past leaders before this era sought , much of it has been entertained and written into law. This current President has fought, brought forth representatives of the black community and signed into legislation many of the items those before him ignored or side-stepped, coupled with a continuing decline in black employment, which statistically shows progress.

as the article finishes.....
There are no easy cures for the problem of unarmed black people getting killed. But without strong black leadership, the solutions will likely continue to prove elusive.

At a minimum, these protests will likely provide the needed re-structure in training and discernment.

Here he is. Opportunistically lining his own pockets.
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Nigel wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:07 am
youthathletics wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:53 pm Where is the Black Leadership?

...AND the equality that those past leaders before this era sought , much of it has been entertained and written into law. This current President has fought, brought forth representatives of the black community and signed into legislation many of the items those before him ignored or side-stepped, coupled with a continuing decline in black employment, which statistically shows progress.

as the article finishes.....
There are no easy cures for the problem of unarmed black people getting killed. But without strong black leadership, the solutions will likely continue to prove elusive.

At a minimum, these protests will likely provide the needed re-structure in training and discernment.

Here he is. Opportunistically lining his own pockets.
I still like fat Al better. I wonder if he still travels with his bull horn?
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

What browser are you using that links you to an article from a Nigerian publication?

Return to “POLITICS”