2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: 2020 Elections - CoronaPause

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:28 pm What I fear you do not see, is your Party is on a path to what leftists the world over eventually succumb to, which is authoritarian impulses of speech control and the elimination of many personal rights. But it is always so much more than even rights; more often than not it comes down to culture and economy.

I do believe that most democrats harbor a rather unpleasant view of the country they call home. Not 'all', but way too many. That editorial today in the NYT that 6ft referenced, is a perfect example of the underlying resentment of American history and of course MDLax's bogey word but which I happen to love, American exceptionalism. How can one not see how great this country is, certainly relative to any other country in the history of the world? It is stunning to me for people to become negative nabobs of this country. Tell me you don't hear that every day out of some Democrat!
Make America Great Again. Uh-oh. Someone thinks America isn't great. What a hater, right?

Here's a short list of the rights non-liberals have taken away over the years....

-which team do you think burnt books? Or Beatles records?
-which team do you think kept minorities from voting? Or attending school? Or living where they choose?
-which team kept minorities out of baseball?
-which team do you think has censored TV and Radio? And kept gays off TV?
-which team wants government to decide who can and can't marry?
-which team stuck it to the Dixie Chicks? Or Kaepernick for not standing for the mandatory government song?
-which team tend to beat people up for being "different"?
-which team prevented women from voting? Or getting a loan? Or attending the school of their choice?
-anti semitism, in all its forms
-the South. Don't really need to say more than that.

And that's just a handful of examples. I have NO CLUE how it is you think that libs are the ones looking to take rights away.

I will say this in your defense. The far left and the far right ARE THE SAME THING in 2020. Both wankers. Neither listen to reason. And both make America sh*tty.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:48 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:28 pm What I fear you do not see, is your Party is on a path to what leftists the world over eventually succumb to, which is authoritarian impulses of speech control and the elimination of many personal rights. But it is always so much more than even rights; more often than not it comes down to culture and economy.

I do believe that most democrats harbor a rather unpleasant view of the country they call home. Not 'all', but way too many. That editorial today in the NYT that 6ft referenced, is a perfect example of the underlying resentment of American history and of course MDLax's bogey word but which I happen to love, American exceptionalism. How can one not see how great this country is, certainly relative to any other country in the history of the world? It is stunning to me for people to become negative nabobs of this country. Tell me you don't hear that every day out of some Democrat!
Make America Great Again. Uh-oh. Someone thinks America isn't great. What a hater, right?

Here's a short list of the rights non-liberals have taken away over the years....

-which team do you think kept minorities from voting? Or attending school? Or living where they choose?
-which team stuck it to the Dixie Chicks? Or Kaepernick for not standing for the mandatory government song?
-which team prevented women from voting? Or getting a loan? Or attending the school of their choice?

And that's just a handful of examples. I have NO CLUE how it is you think that libs are the ones looking to take rights away.

I will say this in your defense. The far left and the far right ARE THE SAME THING in 2020. Both wankers. Neither listen to reason. And both make America sh*tty.

Not that I agree with most of your post, but everything you wrote is in the rearview mirror, ie history.

I'm talking about what I see today. And you know what I'm talking about.

https://www.investors.com/politics/edit ... of-rights/
a fan

Post by a fan »

You don't agree that all those things happened? Yes you do. They're all well documented. And many of them still happen.

As for your link, you continually claim that money is the same thing as speech. It ain't.

And you keep dodging my assertion: you're telling me that you're happy that a foreign corporate shareholder can have a voice in our elections? Because that's what you're advocating for here. Hard pass from me on that count. It's INSANE that we allow that.

Yep, some of the libs want to put some modest limits on guns and beef up gun laws. Big freaking deal. Most gun owners have no problem with that. And yep, there are some libs that want to take it too far, or enact wrongheaded laws because they don't understand guns. And yep, they're annoying. Hardly a tragedy. The limitations on gun ownership in America, using any modern yardstick, are almost nonexistent. Crying over a wolf that has never arrived. And nope, I have no problem whatsoever with gun ownership. Former dilettante hunter.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

delusional
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Who is acting Presidential during this crisis?

Donald Trump 4/10/20: “If Elizabeth Warren gets out of the race before Super Tuesday, Crazy Bernie Sanders wins virtually every state in a blowout.”

Joe Biden 4/10/20: “The American people are strong, tough, brave & big-hearted. There's nothing we can't do if we do it together.”
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:48 pm

which "team" wtheck are you discussing here, AFAN? Which "team" kept women from voting? Look up the votes on the 19th Amendment, especially ratification.

Yeah....Boston is FINE with racism. No busing problems, evah. Which Boston Celtics hoops player got arrested, in Swellesley no less (You think Hillaryiuos Clintons alma current students protested Dee Browns arrest ? Nope.....

https://theswellesleyreport.com/2015/01 ... years-ago/

You think things have changed in all these Boston, wealthy, towns ? :lol:
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:38 pm You don't agree that all those things happened? Yes you do. They're all well documented. And many of them still happen.

As for your link, you continually claim that money is the same thing as speech. It ain't.

And you keep dodging my assertion: you're telling me that you're happy that a foreign corporate shareholder can have a voice in our elections? Because that's what you're advocating for here. Hard pass from me on that count. It's INSANE that we allow that.

Yep, some of the libs want to put some modest limits on guns and beef up gun laws. Big freaking deal. Most gun owners have no problem with that. And yep, there are some libs that want to take it too far, or enact wrongheaded laws because they don't understand guns. And yep, they're annoying. Hardly a tragedy. The limitations on gun ownership in America, using any modern yardstick, are almost nonexistent. Crying over a wolf that has never arrived. And nope, I have no problem whatsoever with gun ownership. Former dilettante hunter.
Why was this scene SO important, AFAN?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZKdKwEMYL4

Yup, I blame Speilberg, as does Hillaryuous Clinton, (in her book, just after blaming Terry Gross, for losing )
for the timing of the realese of this movie. Didn't paint the Democrats in a favorable lite.

Let's talk current events. Which party voted to pass Dec. 2019 NDAA , the military budget? AOC voted w. the pretend CONservatives....to NOT fund our troops.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

CU88 wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:07 am Who is acting Presidential during this crisis?

Donald Trump 4/10/20: “If Elizabeth Warren gets out of the race before Super Tuesday, Crazy Bernie Sanders wins virtually every state in a blowout.”

Joe Biden 4/10/20: “The American people are strong, tough, brave & big-hearted. There's nothing we can't do if we do it together.”
Has Joe come out of his basement yet?
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:22 am You are either for free speech or you are not. It is the most basic of our Rights. Even the ACLU has defended awful people in order to protect free speech.
The Left has a dangerous design flaw when it comes to #1A.

Your heroes in Fo卐 engage in more censorship & treasonous lies than anyone. AM radio with its Rush Limpballs and others are just as bad if not worse.

2D Amendment? Righties Reagan and Bush II took away weapons from law abiding citizens. And delusional righties continue to condemn this: https://tinyurl.com/tk9cc93 when they should be endorsing it.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Brooklyn wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:37 am
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:22 am You are either for free speech or you are not. It is the most basic of our Rights. Even the ACLU has defended awful people in order to protect free speech.

Your heroes in Fo卐 engage in more censorship & treasonous lies than anyone. AM radio with its Rush Limpballs and others are just as bad if not worse.

2D Amendment? Righties Reagan and Bush II took away weapons from law abiding citizens. And delusional righties continue to condemn this: https://tinyurl.com/tk9cc93 when they should be endorsing it.

Here is a best selling book called "How the Left is Killing Free Speech", written by a well-known Democrat, that you probably ought to buy and read during quarantine.

https://www.amazon.com/Silencing-Left-K ... 1621573702
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:09 am

Here is a best selling book called "How the Left is Killing Free Speech", written by a well-known Democrat, that you probably ought to buy and read during quarantine.

I got banned.....permanently, from the Mother Jones comment section, b/c I asked: "what climate are we changing too". that is all.
thatsmell must be a MJ mod now......
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

I think someone, perhaps a fan, posted earlier that both the extreme left and extreme right can (and do) threaten free and open speech.

And I keep arguing that authoritarians can come from either right or left, and regardless of one's ideological preference for 'conservative' or 'liberal', we all have a stake in resisting authoritarian driven break down of norms and processes.

Fail to resist the authoritarian right and you're asking for an authoritarian left, and vice versa.

Powers is saying much the same.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

runrussellrun wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:12 am

I got banned.....permanently, from the Mother Jones comment section, b/c I asked: "what climate are we changing too". that is all.
or someone who got tired of misspellings? ;)
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

runrussellrun wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:26 am
CU88 wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:07 am Who is acting Presidential during this crisis?

Biden is probably the most accidental beneficiary of Corona. His handlers can keep him off the trail and away from the public. And he probably enjoys people the most.

Ironic.

Whomever he chooses as his #2 is your real POTUS candidate. It'll be interesting. What a fool for declaring that he would only choose a woman. This would have been an ideal time to choose someone like Corey Booker. Now, because he thought he should be 'woke', he is hosed. Woke Democrats are the worst in our society. Biden reminds me of McCain choosing Palin...a feeble attempt to appear in tune with the times.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:17 am

still have you on ignore........yawn. tell us a story about Noah, or was that before jesus floated up to the sky?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

I am shocked
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

runrussellrun wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:29 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:17 am

still have you on ignore........yawn. tell us a story about Noah, or was that before jesus floated up to the sky?
Got you on ignore too, but I do sometimes open them up. I offered the wink emoji.
Have no idea about your other reference.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:25 am

Biden is probably the most accidental beneficiary of Corona. His handlers can keep him off the trail and away from the public. And he probably enjoys people the most.

Ironic.

Whomever he chooses as his #2 is your real POTUS candidate. It'll be interesting. What a fool for declaring that he would only choose a woman. This would have been an ideal time to choose someone like Corey Booker. Now, because he thought he should be 'woke', he is hosed. Woke Democrats are the worst in our society. Biden reminds me of McCain choosing Palin...a feeble attempt to appear in tune with the times.
I think you should keep posting the same 'thought' over and over and over again, PB. :roll:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:33 am
Peter Brown wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:25 am

Ironic.

I think you should keep posting the same 'thought' over and over and over again, PB. :roll:

You talk like consistency is a bad thing? :lol:

C'mon MD; relax. It's Easter Sunday. If I call you out on your more liberal leanings, so be it.

Today, I'm doing some office stuff, practicing on my piano without my teacher, and then playing a round of 18 at 6 pm with a buddy. Life ain't bad. I'll be happy with Joe, but I am insisting he walk back his idiotic 'only a female VP' declaration. Only Amy is semi-competent enough to assume that job, and she is no Corey Booker (whom I like); call your boys out and make them less woke!
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

"Powers is articulate and earnest, but it is not hard to notice her thumb on the scale ... Powers admits it would be something of a stretch “to suggest that conservatives don’t ever engage in such behaviors.” She immediately justifies her decision to mostly ignore these, saying “conservatives simply do not control the primary institutions where free speech is most under assault: the media and academia.” The poor, poor pitiful right is just too powerless and insignificant.

So firmly are Powers’ blinders attached that she defends Bill O’Reilly ''

https://progressive.org/magazine/book-r ... t-shut-up/

That right there should be more than enough to determine that she lacks credibility. Righties don't control academia? BYU, Regent, Liberty University, Hillsdale, etc ~ all bastions of narrow minded far right delusionalism. Media not under right wing control? What the hell is AM talk radio all about? Remember our old LP forum where the admin & mods were all right wingers whose censorship and bias were worse than anything we saw under Tailgunner Joe McCarthy? In just about every web forum where I posted my views on a variety of subjects, I had virtually the same experience I had under LP. And so did every other patriot I know of since all these forums were under control of your America hating righties. How about the difference in the way the Dixie Chicks were treated as compared to the degenerate drunk Hank Williams, Jr?

Here's a better book for you to read or to have someone read to you:

https://www.newyorker.com/news/daily-co ... ia-in-2016

I can give you more recommended reading if you wish. So don't give me that garbage that it is the patriotic left that engages in your McCarthyism. It's your unpatriotic side that does.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq

Return to “POLITICS”