Johns Hopkins 2021

D1 Mens Lacrosse
HopFan16

Re: Johns Hopkins 2021

Post by HopFan16 »

bananas wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:42 pm Wouldn't BIG conference agree to JHU playing Loyola if Greyhounds agree to b10 testing protocol for that week leading up to contest?
I assume so, but I don't know if Loyola is willing or able to do that—and if they are, if they can convince the Big Ten of that in a way that satisfies them. Lot of moving parts, lot of i's to dot and t's to cross, and almost none of it can Hopkins unilaterally decide as much as some FanLax posters wish they could. No Big Ten team has showed up on a single other team's schedule yet. So whatever discussions are or aren't happening, they are or aren't happening with every team in the conference and their potential opponents as well.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

So, what exactly is involved with this B1G testing protocol?
smoova

Post by smoova »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:26 pm So, what exactly is involved with this B1G testing protocol?
https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/2021012 ... id-testing
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:26 pm So, what exactly is involved with this B1G testing protocol?
Not sure every last detail but the gist seems to be B1G wants its teams and their opponents to test something like 6-7 times a week, a standard that most non-member schools are not able to meet. I believe many other lacrosse programs are only testing once or twice a week.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

HopFan16 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:31 pm
jhu06 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:42 pm the season started last week, the b1g started football last august, what are homewood and rosemont confused on? The school has spent a year honoring its covid work, and they can't organize a lacrosse match?
Homewood is not confused about anything, they literally cannot post the schedule until it is approved by the conference. There is a reason none of the Big Ten schedules have come out yet. They need conference approval. I don't know what the Big Ten is waiting on. You'll have to ask them. But the hold up has nothing to do with the Hopkins.

It's cute to see you keep moving the goal posts on this. First you accused them of not having a plan to play and that there wouldn't be a season solely because you hadn't personally heard about one yet. Now that it's clear they are going to play, you're...complaining they should communicate that fact better? I'm not completely sure. We've known for over a month they were going to play and now we're just waiting to see the official schedule, which, again, is pending conference approval.
Maryland mens basketball posted and played an ooc schedule in region last november and has now played a regular season. Billy Joe Bobs and the Mary Sues in the SEC who don't even believe in evolution and can't spell science have already played a football season and put up a schedule for next fall. As for loyola, the nfl and the cdc did studies last fall and found there's no team to team transmission. Elliot Friedeman-the schefter/woj/terry foy of nhl talked about it yesterday.

Last week, the NFL and the Center for Disease Control co-published a scientific paper detailing the league’s processes during this season. One of its critical findings was that their information indicated teams were not transmitting COVID to each other during games. “There is no evidence that the virus crossed the line of scrimmage, so to speak," said Dr. Allen Sills, the NFL's chief medical officer, on a conference call with reporters. “All close contacts are not created equal…. Some convey a much higher risk; circumstances really matter.” The NFL’s advantage, particularly over leagues like the NHL and NBA, is ventilation. “If you look at the data, one thing that shines through is that context matters,” said Dr. Christina Mack, an epidemiologist and advisor to the NFL. “Football is played in a well-ventilated area, with a lot of airflow, and with brief interactions on the field.” The question we’re all going to be asking now is, okay, how much different is the NHL’s data than the NFL’s?

there's no reason we're not playing this weekend other than a lack of will, communication and leadership from homewood and rosemont. I'm unimpressed "lacrosse email groups". They're not playing despite the capability and science to do so.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

jhu06 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:48 pm Maryland mens basketball posted and played an ooc schedule in region last november and has now played a regular season. Billy Joe Bobs and the Mary Sues in the SEC who don't even believe in evolution and can't spell science have already played a football season and put up a schedule for next fall. As for loyola, the nfl and the cdc did studies last fall and found there's no team to team transmission. Elliot Friedeman-the schefter/woj/terry foy of nhl talked about it yesterday.

Last week, the NFL and the Center for Disease Control co-published a scientific paper detailing the league’s processes during this season. One of its critical findings was that their information indicated teams were not transmitting COVID to each other during games. “There is no evidence that the virus crossed the line of scrimmage, so to speak," said Dr. Allen Sills, the NFL's chief medical officer, on a conference call with reporters. “All close contacts are not created equal…. Some convey a much higher risk; circumstances really matter.” The NFL’s advantage, particularly over leagues like the NHL and NBA, is ventilation. “If you look at the data, one thing that shines through is that context matters,” said Dr. Christina Mack, an epidemiologist and advisor to the NFL. “Football is played in a well-ventilated area, with a lot of airflow, and with brief interactions on the field.” The question we’re all going to be asking now is, okay, how much different is the NHL’s data than the NFL’s?

there's no reason we're not playing this weekend other than a lack of will, communication and leadership from homewood and rosemont. I'm unimpressed "lacrosse email groups". They're not playing despite the capability and science to do so.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

You two need to put each other on Ignore.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

F281E92A-FF52-4A5E-B1FB-9FA8BE4C0410.jpeg
F281E92A-FF52-4A5E-B1FB-9FA8BE4C0410.jpeg (185.67 KiB) Viewed 2078 times
Click on your UsedID in the upper right.

Go to User Control Panel.

Go to the last tab with the horizontal lines, as illustrated above.

Go to Friends and Foes.

Then define your Foes by UsedID and save them.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

F0C14CEF-21E8-4C12-AD98-632B5E4C2AD9.jpeg
F0C14CEF-21E8-4C12-AD98-632B5E4C2AD9.jpeg (217.33 KiB) Viewed 2075 times
Enter valid for username on each line, save it.

You will thank you. The world will thank you.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

But then where will he get his information? My existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to '06, *provides info*. He doesn't want the truth because deep down in places he doesn't talk about at parties, he wants me on that wall. He needs me on that wall.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Frenemies ?
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

HopFan16 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:42 pm But then where will he get his information? My existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to '06, *provides info*. He doesn't want the truth because deep down in places he doesn't talk about at parties, he wants me on that wall. He needs me on that wall.
That’s up to him to block you and not see your messages.

But, you can block HIS messages and apparently save yourself a lot of headaches.

No attempts at re-education camps seem to work.

W
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

10stone5 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:50 pmFrenemies ?
With benefits!
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:57 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:42 pm But then where will he get his information? My existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to '06, *provides info*. He doesn't want the truth because deep down in places he doesn't talk about at parties, he wants me on that wall. He needs me on that wall.

But, you can block HIS messages and apparently save yourself a lot of headaches.

W
I know how blocking works, I've blocked fatty across like five different alias usernames at this point.

I don't think our disagreements rise to the level of needing to block but if it does, I will certainly do so.

And now for something completely different, here's Brendan Grimes.

https://twitter.com/jhumenslacrosse/sta ... 0501836802
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Just remember all of us spectators who have to watch the ongoing battle and spectacle.

BTW, Foe works against cats too.
flalax22

Post by flalax22 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

:D
“I wish you would!”
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

HopFan16 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:59 pm
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:57 pm

W
I know how blocking works, I've blocked fatty across like five different alias usernames at this point.

I don't think our disagreements rise to the level of needing to block but if it does, I will certainly do so.

And now for something completely different, here's Brendan Grimes.

https://twitter.com/jhumenslacrosse/sta ... 0501836802
Grimes bio on his Hopkins roster says he led his team to the MIAA to title as a sophomore. Was he moonlighting under another name at Calvert Hall? Otherwise....no he didn’t.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

D3 Centennial Conference Sports remain in Doubt. Here's hoping the Hopkins kids get to play some sports this spring.

https://www.the-college-reporter.com/20 ... -decision/
Jaysjay88

Post by Jaysjay88 »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:28 pm Just remember all of us spectators who have to watch the ongoing battle and spectacle.

BTW, Foe works against cats too.
Wait just a second. I, for one, am entertained by the back and forth between 16 and 06....well mostly entertained by 16 and annoyed by 06, but like I told my daughter, my favorite character in Harry Potter is Voldemort. Please, please, please, dont stop.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”