Ron Desantis (The Desantis Doctrine)

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Seacoaster(1)

Re: Ron Desantis (The Desantis Doctrine)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

PizzaSnake wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:43 pm
jhu72 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:22 pm More details of the Moms for Fascism sex scandal. Sounds like this is going to rock the republiCON boat in Florida, more than just a little.

Petey knows all these folks and claimed they were great people and righteous public servants and community leaders. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh, I bet he does "know" them alright. What is with this group and "swinging (read, Roger Stone)?"

It's not the predilection that is irksome, it's the rank hypocrisy.
And the clothing themselves in religious piety. Just a bunch of hypocrites.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

A Florida Republican state lawmaker’s 52-page bill would give parents the ability to decide if their child should be promoted from third to fourth grade even if they lack basic skills, and would reduce the requirements for students to graduate high school, further enhancing GOP Governor Ron DeSantis‘ “parents’ rights” movement. Under DeSantis, Florida laws allows tax dollars to fund private schools, Playstations, paddle boards, big screen TVs, and private golf lessons, and puts the civil rights and well-being of some minorities at risk.

“Under the bill approved by the GOP-dominated fiscal policy committee, students would no longer have to pass an Algebra 1 and a language arts exam to earn high school diplomas,” the Orlando Sentinel reports. “The bill also would allow third graders who failed the state reading test to be promoted to fourth grade, if that is what their parents thought was best.”

Floridian's are fu*king idiots for putting up with Desantis.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:53 pm A Florida Republican state lawmaker’s 52-page bill would give parents the ability to decide if their child should be promoted from third to fourth grade even if they lack basic skills, and would reduce the requirements for students to graduate high school, further enhancing GOP Governor Ron DeSantis‘ “parents’ rights” movement. Under DeSantis, Florida laws allows tax dollars to fund private schools, Playstations, paddle boards, big screen TVs, and private golf lessons, and puts the civil rights and well-being of some minorities at risk.

“Under the bill approved by the GOP-dominated fiscal policy committee, students would no longer have to pass an Algebra 1 and a language arts exam to earn high school diplomas,” the Orlando Sentinel reports. “The bill also would allow third graders who failed the state reading test to be promoted to fourth grade, if that is what their parents thought was best.”

It really does not sound any different than what has already been going on all over the US.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:53 pm A Florida Republican state lawmaker’s 52-page bill would give parents the ability to decide if their child should be promoted from third to fourth grade even if they lack basic skills, and would reduce the requirements for students to graduate high school, further enhancing GOP Governor Ron DeSantis‘ “parents’ rights” movement. Under DeSantis, Florida laws allows tax dollars to fund private schools, Playstations, paddle boards, big screen TVs, and private golf lessons, and puts the civil rights and well-being of some minorities at risk.

I thought they were idiots for supporting trump?? There are a lotta idiots in Florida. They aren't paying exorbitant tax rates so those are the kinda idiots looking after their bank accounts. :D Maybe all of those NYS liberals heading down there in droves to save their retirement nest eggs can turn things around? ;)
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

RepubliCON morons at work.

Among the vast range of withdrawn materials are eight different encyclopedias, two thesauruses, five editions of The Guinness Book of World Records, and biographies of influential figures such as Beyoncé, Lady Gaga, Oprah Winfrey, Nicki Minaj, and Thurgood Marshall. Classics like Anne Frank’s Diary of a Young Girl, The Adventures and the Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes, and Agatha Christie’s Death on the Nile are also currently inaccessible to students in the district.

Florida library book removals.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Andrew Warren, the elected DA suspended by DeSantis more than 2 years ago took his case to the US 11th Circuit Court and won. He is being reinstated. DeSantis was found to have violated Warren's first amendment right to free speech and suspended him unlawfully.

It is just what fascists like DeSantis do to silence people who disagree with the POS.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Not clear if he gets reinstated - dead bounce Ron had "other" reasons than the ones in the case, so a lower court has to determine if there is anything to them...
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

It seems to me that Ron didn't participate well enough to be worthy of getting the trophy.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

I have to chuckle. If I read the opinions of some of the esteemed Democrats on this forum correctly there isn't a Republican in the USA qualified to be POTUS. Those same people are all cool and groovy with Joe Biden though. I know this is off the thread topic but when your Sec Def keeps you out of the loop that he will have surgery was that just a simple oversite?? Nobody in the WH said " has anybody seen Lloyd lately"?
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:45 am I have to chuckle. If I read the opinions of some of the esteemed Democrats on this forum correctly there isn't a Republican in the USA qualified to be POTUS. Those same people are all cool and groovy with Joe Biden though. I know this is off the thread topic but when your Sec Def keeps you out of the loop that he will have surgery was that just a simple oversite?? Nobody in the WH said " has anybody seen Lloyd lately"?
On thread topic,

Of course there are Republicans "qualified to be POTUS" and I'm sure the Dems (at least nearly all- I dunno about Brooklyn) on the board would agree.

Problem is they're all RINO's according to those who control the Party right now.

Right now, the MAGA GOP simply can't be trusted as a governance partner. Whether true MAGA believer or simply cowards or opportunists, the GOP isn't capable of putting forward a viable candidate who could be trusted to put the country first over self interest. And MAGA is a total no-go.

So, crossing over just isn't an option the way it usually is in national or state elections. Crossovers were still pretty rare as there's usually plenty of policy differential consistent with the party identification in the first place, but the right candidates do appeal across party lines, traditionally.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:06 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:45 am I have to chuckle. If I read the opinions of some of the esteemed Democrats on this forum correctly there isn't a Republican in the USA qualified to be POTUS. Those same people are all cool and groovy with Joe Biden though. I know this is off the thread topic but when your Sec Def keeps you out of the loop that he will have surgery was that just a simple oversite?? Nobody in the WH said " has anybody seen Lloyd lately"?
On thread topic,

Of course there are Republicans "qualified to be POTUS" and I'm sure the Dems (at least nearly all- I dunno about Brooklyn) on the board would agree.

Problem is they're all RINO's according to those who control the Party right now.

Right now, the MAGA GOP simply can't be trusted as a governance partner. Whether true MAGA believer or simply cowards or opportunists, the GOP isn't capable of putting forward a viable candidate who could be trusted to put the country first over self interest. And MAGA is a total no-go.

So, crossing over just isn't an option the way it usually is in national or state elections. Crossovers were still pretty rare as there's usually plenty of policy differential consistent with the party identification in the first place, but the right candidates do appeal across party lines, traditionally.
They are labeled as RINOs because they appear to lack the intestinal fortitude to consistently confront and stand up to the other party when needed. They lack the ability to abandon bipartisanship when it is not working and stand up for your parties core beliefs. Some of those MAGA folks would say that some Republicans don't have any core beliefs they are willing to stick their neck out for. That may or may not be the reality. That is certainly the perception among a very large number of Republicans. There is a line in a country song that says it well. You've got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:50 am
On thread topic,

They are labeled as RINOs because they appear to lack the intestinal fortitude to consistently confront and stand up to the other party when needed. They lack the ability to abandon bipartisanship when it is not working and stand up for your parties core beliefs. Some of those MAGA folks would say that some Republicans don't have any core beliefs they are willing to stick their neck out for. That may or may not be the reality. That is certainly the perception among a very large number of Republicans. There is a line in a country song that says it well. You've got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
A perception of the MAGA Republicans.
Fascists who've given up on majority rule and bipartisan governance.

Are there a whole lot of them? Yes.
Always have been in America.
Look at Jim Crow south. Dems then, R's now.
McCarthyism.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:59 am
On thread topic,

A perception of the MAGA Republicans.
Fascists who've given up on majority rule and bipartisan governance.

Are there a whole lot of them? Yes.
Always have been in America.
Look at Jim Crow south. Dems then, R's now.
McCarthyism.
Apparently there could be 74 million or more fascists voting for trump. Those fascists sure have done an outstanding job of brainwashing America. Maybe Congress should investigate the phenomena? I could could see a MAGA/fascist tax looming in the future. How does tail gunner Joe fit into the conversation? His beef was with communists. :D I thought your gripe was with fascists?? Are we now toggling back and forth between fascists and communists? We came damn close to nuclear war when the communists started parking nukes in Cuba. Who is the bigger danger in the world today, fascists or communists?? I spent 3 years in the US Army training to kill communists. We should have been training to kill fascists. There weren't any fascists in the Warsaw pact way back in 1979. Hell, we wasted all that time training to kill commies when we should have been training to kill Republicans. Well maybe just 74 million Republican fascists. :D

I wonder if Old Salt realizes he was training to fight the wrong enemy like I was? That is very disconcerting indeed. ;) FTR MD this post is rooted hugely in sarcasm based on my own life experience.
Last edited by cradleandshoot on Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

On thread topic,

Dude that was said by many going back over a hundred years including, the horrro, Malcom X. Just like soem dip sh*t rube country music world to lay claim to it. Why not the heck up Tracy Chapman’s song too.

And your analysis is partially correct. The ones labeling others as RINOs are doing it in a form of tribalism to take control without merit. They have little character themselves and wrap themselves in piety while violating many of their gods laws daily. Support monstrous behavior and openly speak up for testing other people poorly for never any legitimate rationale. They are so bags trying to take by force and in scum used world we let them take too many inches but it’s clearly stopping these days and now an analysis of the damages to our country. The core belief of MaGA folks is selfish hedonism while protecting the opposite often publicly.

If my core belief is to be a piece of sh*t does that make me better than a malleable person? I think not.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:47 pm
On thread topic,

Dude that was said by many going back over a hundred years including, the horrro, Malcom X. Just like soem dip sh*t rube country music world to lay claim to it. Why not the heck up Tracy Chapman’s song too.

And your analysis is partially correct. The ones labeling others as RINOs are doing it in a form of tribalism to take control without merit. They have little character themselves and wrap themselves in piety while violating many of their gods laws daily. Support monstrous behavior and openly speak up for testing other people poorly for never any legitimate rationale. They are so bags trying to take by force and in scum used world we let them take too many inches but it’s clearly stopping these days and now an analysis of the damages to our country. The core belief of MaGA folks is selfish hedonism while protecting the opposite often publicly.

If my core belief is to be a piece of sh*t does that make me better than a malleable person? I think not.
All I know there are 74 million of them and maybe more. There is that old cliche about attracting more bees with honey than you can with vinegar. I'm not a Republican and never will be. I do understand where their frustration with the party is rooted in. They believe their party has become ineffectual and complacent. The constant criticism and labeling them as fascists has had the exact opposite effect. They are now digging their heels in deeper because they resent the constant criticism. That criticism has had the exact opposite effect as was intended. Shaming these people has not worked IMO.

Abe Lincoln said this at the end of the civil war. He understood the importance of treating the defeated southerners as misguided brothers and not a defeated enemy. His assassination put the kabosh on that. The South was treated like a defeated enemy and the resentment still lingers to this day. It's the Republican parties job to fix their dysfunction. That would start by trying to reach out and find common ground and move forward from there. That clearly will never happen until the trump disease is eradicated from the party.
Last edited by cradleandshoot on Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:00 pm
On thread topic,

All I know there are 74 million of them and maybe more. There is that old cliche about attracting more bees with honey than you can with vinegar. I'm not a Republican and never will be. I do understand where their frustration with the party is rooted in. They believe their party has become ineffectual and complacent. The constant criticism and labeling them as fascists has had the exact opposite effect. They are now digging their heels in deeper because they resent the constant criticism. That criticism has had the exact opposite effect as was intended. Shaming these people has not worked IMO.
Only the fringe would lump a larger cohort in to make their claim stronger.

While I think the vote is a bad one not all people who voted for Trump are MAGA people. Just like many far left and moderate right held their skies and voted Biden. The very noting that a vote represents and entirety of a persons view is just flat out wrong. It’s the type of this desperate folks do to try to create the perception that their behavior or position is stronger than it is when they can’t make the case legitimately.

So you don’t know anything about 74 million, maybe more, people and are making a wildly incorrect assumption.

Not to mention that on an electoral college level those 74 million were blown out in a direct competition.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:00 pm
On thread topic,

Republican leaders can't do what Republican voters have convinced themselves that they want: minimal government.

So yep, they're frustrated.

I've given this simple explanation before: picture what America would look like if your paycheck was reversed, and the States ran things.

In other words, flip the percentage of your total check (including FICA) so that that State gets the big percentage, and the Federal .gov gets the small percentage as Republican voters have been asking since Reagan showed up.

What would America look like? What would it look like if the flyover States now had to fend for themselves in the global free market, and no longer had money flowing from DC to their State?

Think on it. THAT is why Republican voters don't get what they are asking of their leaders. Their leaders know the score. Their voters don't.

You, my friend, would be living large with a much smaller percentage of your income taxed, because you're a NYer. Louisiana, on the other hand?

Return to “POLITICS”