Johns Hopkins 2020

D1 Mens Lacrosse
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Re: Johns Hopkins 2020

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:08 pm Homecoming weekend postponed.

They should move it to a more relevant sport.

Water polo with horses would be fun.

Afterwards, people could beat the dead horses.
Hoponboard

Post by Hoponboard »

7.05%. 1922 offered admission out of 27,256 Hop applicants. Decisions were sent out at 3:00pm today. Happy, for some, Friday the 13th.
johnnyonthegunpowder

Post by johnnyonthegunpowder »

There's "young" and than there's Crawley, seriously? That's way too young. I agree, if you're willing to put Crawley out there than Steele is #1. He grew up at Homewood and it's always good to have a Stanwick to root for.

I haven't been able to bring myself to watch the Mount game. Not because I know it's going to be ugly, but because it's gonna be painful to watch those kids get so close to such a huge win and then let it get away from them. Painful....But, given the lack of games now, I might have to do it.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

johnnyonthegunpowder wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:14 pm There's "young" and than there's Crawley, seriously? That's way too young. I agree, if you're willing to put Crawley out there than Steele is #1. He grew up at Homewood and it's always good to have a Stanwick to root for.

I haven't been able to bring myself to watch the Mount game. Not because I know it's going to be ugly, but because it's gonna be painful to watch those kids get so close to such a huge win and then let it get away from them. Painful....But, given the lack of games now, I might have to do it.
It was an entertaining game. Great effort by both teams.

DocBarrister 8-)
@DocBarrister
Sagittarius A*

Post by Sagittarius A* »

This off-season should be one of the most interesting ever.
Laxrat

Post by Laxrat »

51percentcorn wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:51 pm So we wouldn't want Steele Stanwick but we would want Crawley? Ludicrous - Who cares about ties to the school anymore? FYI - the year before Stanwick joined the staff the Hopkins women scored 187 goals and had 92 assists - the next year 247 goals and 103 assists. Yes 3 more games played but 3 games doesn't add up to 60 goals more. The year after that - with only one more game than the year before he came - 213 goals. The Hopkins women have never failed to score less than 200 goals in his tenure (had 238 goals last year) and as we can all realize the Hopkins women are up against some real juggernauts like the Lady Terps/Cats/Heels and they are probably never going to get classes with three 5 stars. He is probably the greatest mind I have seen as a player in the last 10 years - he's young, charismatic yet old enough to possibly command respect - who worked harder and did more with his gifts than that kid? Family name probably wouldn't hurt on the recruiting trail either. I would want my players to know what that guy knows.
+1
steel_hop

Post by steel_hop »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:08 pm Homecoming weekend postponed.
One of the benefits of no kids on campus has been no more nightly phone calls from 410-516-xxxx
Mr. F

Post by Mr. F »

Wow not a single post in over a week...these are hard times. Let's get a convo going. If you could have one grad transfer from an Ivy League (Teat, Sowers, Ierlan) who would you want and why?
Drcthru

Post by Drcthru »

Go to Johns Hopkins 2021 :roll:
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to do the dishes.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”