Transfer Portal 2024

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Idontknowtherules

Re: Transfer Portal 2024

Post by Idontknowtherules »

I know there are some people on these boards that claim to think they know KT when really they just sit in the dome watching games. But I heard she went a little crazy on Jenny Markey when she told her she was leaving and she rubs some people the wrong way. I don’t know why Spallina is not going anymore my guess is she maybe wanted that from the beginning and she got a ridiculous offer I don’t know anything about the way her brother is getting treated. I would assume he’s getting treated pretty well.
uncfan1013

Post by uncfan1013 »

Good for AS. But I question why Clemson? I would think she wanted to go to a good lacrosse program but also Clemson has missed the NCAA tournament twice in their first 2 years, even with the good transfer activity and good recruiting they struggle in the ACC. I wonder where her teammate will go. Any word on programs that stick out for her.
cdb

Post by cdb »

Someone help me here as I just read n announcement that Markey will be joining Florida as a grad student -- and getting a degree in one school and getting a graduate degree in another is not the much of an outlier activity. Is the Florida info incorrect and she is going to Clemson? Please clear this up for me. Thanks
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

LiveLaxLove wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 1:24 pm
Seems that everyone is switching teams these days...in more ways than one.
This may be the best post I’ve ever seen on this site. Well done.

For the record. I don’t think people are being intentionally coy here. But it’s a personal matter on the staff. It’s not really lax related. And I’m sure it will come out soon enough. I just left a function where most people knew so a bit surprised it’s not well known.
Fischer

Post by Fischer »

hmmm wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 5:33 pm

For the record. I don’t think people are being intentionally coy here. But it’s a personal matter on the staff. It’s not really lax related. And I’m sure it will come out soon enough. I just left a function where most people knew so a bit surprised it’s not well known.
I 👀 what u did there To be honest None of anyone’s biz but the people involved Shouldn’t make a difference one way or another
cdb

Post by cdb »

Not answering my question reveals to me how much trust I should put in such posts in the future.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

cdb wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 6:12 pm Not answering my question reveals to me how much trust I should put in such posts in the future.
Markey is going to Florida. This has nothing to do with her
uncfan1013

Post by uncfan1013 »

cdb wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 5:18 pm Someone help me here as I just read n announcement that Markey will be joining Florida as a grad student -- and getting a degree in one school and getting a graduate degree in another is not the much of an outlier activity. Is the Florida info incorrect and she is going to Clemson? Please clear this up for me. Thanks
From what I know, she is joining Florida women’s lacrosse team not Clemson.
Laxfan212

Post by Laxfan212 »

cdb wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 6:12 pm Not answering my question reveals to me how much trust I should put in such posts in the future.
Don’t think anyone is talking about Jenny Markey and Clemson. None of this has anything to do with her as far as I know.
LaxGnome22

Post by LaxGnome22 »

Fischer wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 6:05 pm

I 👀 what u did there To be honest None of anyone’s biz but the people involved Shouldn’t make a difference one way or another
Right. But then why “sitting on something juicy” posts. If it’s a private matter and none of anybody’s business, why post on a forum where everyone would want to know what’s going on? You can’t try to take the high road after posting that. You’re actually adding to the frenzy.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

LiveLaxLove wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 1:24 pm :)
hmmm wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 11:05 am
McLax9777 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 10:56 am
hmmm wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 10:46 am
McLax9777 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 10:38 am
Fischer wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 9:45 am
hmmm wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 9:34 am
Fischer wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 9:33 am
hmmm wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 9:23 am
PlayNice wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:16 am
Fischer wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 10:38 pm
Kleizaster wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:44 pm Ward deciding to forego another year of eligibility, now hearing AS might not be the only recruit leaving. what's going at Syracuse?
Oh just wait Get the popcorn
And a bottle of wine to go with that popcorn! I think we might be in for a good show!
It could just be a coincidence that these decommits are happening at the same time as the drama but who knows.
Well Joe was pretty oeeved about the conditions provided at cuse for his team during NCAA there’s a lot unfolding atm I personally think AS wanted Clemson all along but had a lot of pressure to go there
Definitely not the drama I’m referring to. As others have said, get your popcorn ready.
Oh me neitherrrr I’m sitting on a juicy tidbit 😂 I just added that to the conversation
Many people already know, it’s not that juicy 😂
Come on. It’s definitely juicy. 🤣
Anyone familiar would have just assumed regardless. Some kids have a shadow 😂. Would not consider it breaking news
I don’t think we’re talking about the same thing.
Not the first time this has happened in our sport. And certainly not the last. As long as it doesn’t cross any Human Resources lines, then it really shouldn’t have much of an impact. And certainly not publicly. It happens.
Fischer

Post by Fischer »

Markey going to Florida KT was not very nice about it
McLax9777

Post by McLax9777 »

Fischer wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 6:05 pm

Exactly. Seems like a bit of a deflection from the commentary at hand. It’s 2024, no one cares who kissed who.
To throw personal stuff in is dumb. There are plenty of rumors circulating about why this decommit happened, and how, many negative theories on both sides. Who cares.
truster49

Post by truster49 »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 6:46 pm
LiveLaxLove wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 1:24 pm :)
hmmm wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 11:05 am
McLax9777 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 10:56 am
hmmm wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 10:46 am
McLax9777 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 10:38 am
Fischer wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 9:45 am
hmmm wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 9:34 am
Fischer wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 9:33 am
Kleizaster wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:44 pm Ward deciding to forego another year of eligibility, now hearing AS might not be the only recruit leaving. what's going at Syracuse?
And a bottle of wine to go with that popcorn! I think we might be in for a good show!
It could just be a coincidence that these decommits are happening at the same time as the drama but who knows.
Well Joe was pretty oeeved about the conditions provided at cuse for his team during NCAA there’s a lot unfolding atm I personally think AS wanted Clemson all along but had a lot of pressure to go there
Definitely not the drama I’m referring to. As others have said, get your popcorn ready.
Oh me neitherrrr I’m sitting on a juicy tidbit 😂 I just added that to the conversation
Many people already know, it’s not that juicy 😂
Come on. It’s definitely juicy. 🤣
Anyone familiar would have just assumed regardless. Some kids have a shadow 😂. Would not consider it breaking news
I don’t think we’re talking about the same thing.
Not the first time this has happened in our sport. And certainly not the last. As long as it doesn’t cross any Human Resources lines, then it really shouldn’t have much of an impact. And certainly not publicly. It happens.
So what are you insinuating?
Last edited by truster49 on Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fischer

Post by Fischer »

So as expected, Alexa,spallina yellow jacket teammate also de committed from Syracuse and is going to Clemson very interesting stuff
LiveLaxLove

Post by LiveLaxLove »

Fischer wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 10:48 am So as expected, Alexa,spallina yellow jacket teammate also de committed from Syracuse and is going to Clemson very interesting stuff
So that makes Clemson have the best class in the 2025 group with the #1, #3 and #6 ranked recruit (lacrosse magazine). AS and Penczik are #1 & 2 with inside lacrosse rankings.

A sign of things to come.
Deacon022

Post by Deacon022 »

LiveLaxLove wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 10:56 am
Fischer wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 10:48 am So as expected, Alexa,spallina yellow jacket teammate also de committed from Syracuse and is going to Clemson very interesting stuff
So that makes Clemson have the best class in the 2025 group with the #1, #3 and #6 ranked recruit (lacrosse magazine). AS and Penczik are #1 & 2 with inside lacrosse rankings.

A sign of things to come.
How can Clemson have the money to go and grab an elite recruiting class of 8 kids and then grab another two top kids months after they were done. All after Kwolek wouldnt give Sofia Chepernik some extra money a year ago. They must
have big time NIL money to throw around because she had to be through her scholarship money already. If that’s the case, they are ahead of the curve and will start becoming a powerhouse in women’s lacrosse.
ultravisitor

Post by ultravisitor »

Where did anyone mention Markey going to Clemson before you mentioned it?
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

forthelaxofit wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 9:53 am
Relax77 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 9:37 am
In my opinion, I don’t think it is. I think this is gonna be the future of college sports. Kids de-committing coaches trying to poach, money being thrown at them. I guess we’ll find out within the next year.
Relax77 - nice call long ago on AS and Clemson long ago - love the "pat the back" pic lol

Anyone know how the decommit of the "verbal commit" works? Think she told Syracuse she was decommiting first and then went to Clemson? Or do kids keep shopping and then decommit once they have the new offer in hand? I don't have a problem with a decommit prior to NLI, but I would hope the decommit conversation takes place before the new shopping restarts. (I know - I am probably too old school for the process in the New World of college recruiting)
Thanks. Gonna be a crazy time there in a few years. Also gonna be some scared kids worrying about playing time. As long as a NLI isn’t signed they can do it however they want. The best way would be go to a coach and decommit. I have seen multiple ways this has gotten done. Coaches have reached out to clubs and vice versa. Parents of a team reach out to parents of the kid they are trying to poach. Truth is with Spallina involved in this, who knows what happened. He definitely wanted his daughter in Clemson in September. He got his wish. I’m more excited for Eisfeld going there. I always thought she was the better player on YJ.
Last edited by Relax77 on Sun Jun 30, 2024 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Relax77 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 11:50 am
forthelaxofit wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 9:53 am
Relax77 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 9:37 am
In my opinion, I don’t think it is. I think this is gonna be the future of college sports. Kids de-committing coaches trying to poach, money being thrown at them. I guess we’ll find out within the next year.
Relax77 - nice call long ago on AS and Clemson long ago - love the "pat the back" pic lol

Anyone know how the decommit of the "verbal commit" works? Think she told Syracuse she was decommiting first and then went to Clemson? Or do kids keep shopping and then decommit once they have the new offer in hand? I don't have a problem with a decommit prior to NLI, but I would hope the decommit conversation takes place before the new shopping restarts. (I know - I am probably too old school for the process in the New World of college recruiting)
Thanks. Gonna be a crazy time there in a few years. Also gonna be some scared kids worrying about playing time. As long as a NLI isn’t signed they can do it however they want. The best way would be go to a coach and decommit. I have seen multiple ways this has gotten done. Coaches have reached out to clubs and vice versa. Parents of a team reach out to parents of the kid they are trying to poach. Truth is with Spallina involved in this, who knows what happened. He definitely wanted his daughter in Clemson in September. He got his wish. I’m more excited for Eisfeld going there. I always thought she was the better player.
From my understanding, AS hadn't heard from KT since November, which is quite odd.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”