Games Today

D1 Womens Lacrosse
MolonLaxe

Re: Games Today

Post by MolonLaxe »

LaxGnome22 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:26 pm We can put to bed this talk about Coastal being an up and comer. They belong in the High Point category. They stink. Getting murdered by Davidson right now. Nice uniforms though.
Shots fired!
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

MolonLaxe wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:27 pm
LaxGnome22 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:26 pm We can put to bed this talk about Coastal being an up and comer. They belong in the High Point category. They stink. Getting murdered by Davidson right now. Nice uniforms though.
Shots fired!
Maybe. But with Jacksonville in free fall, Davidson is better than any ASun team Coastal will play all year. Based on the number of offensive weapons and skill on the circle, I could see them breaking into top 3 of A-10 and potentially competing to win in another year.
intheknow247

Post by intheknow247 »

hmmm wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:25 pm
Dr. Tact wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:48 pm
HailMaryPass wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:47 pm
HailMaryPass wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:11 pm
HailMaryPass wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:56 pm Great game on right now, JHU vs Loyola. Very back and forth, entertaining!

https://www.centennialconference.tv/hopkinssports/
Hopkins was getting some bad calls by the refs, two yellow cards to two cross checks that weren't that harsh in my opinion. One of them was given to the wrong player (happens). Now, they just gave a yellow card to the Hopkins coach!
6 yellows for Hop. If both teams weren't from B-more i would assume the baltimore ref break was in for Loyola ....odd discrepancy
6 yellows and 5 greens against Hop. Only 2 greens against Loyola. In a game that was equally physical on each side. Something’s rotten in Denmark.
Yellows are part of the deal for McCormack’s team. Pressure style zone, hunting for CTs. Read up on his ASU teams and you will see the pattern.
MolonLaxe

Post by MolonLaxe »

LaxDadMax wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:14 pm
Shots fired!
Maybe. But with Jacksonville in free fall, Davidson is better than any ASun team Coastal will play all year. Based on the number of offensive weapons and skill on the circle, I could see them breaking into top 3 of A-10 and potentially competing to win in another year.
Good points, LaxDadMax. Looking over the Coastal games, they should have beaten UVM and they had a good first five minutes against Clemson before being blown out. Coastal was up through a point in the 2nd, after rattling off 5 goals in the 1st quarter. Davidson is a better team and I agree that the ASUN isn't nearly as strong.

In the football world, it's not uncommon to see a dip in results in Year 3 of a new head coach. They haven't gotten all of their players in and key players graduate or leave. Kayla Downey was their best scorer and she's graduated and now at VT. The offense will need to figure it out, but they should be competitive in conference play.
Laxfan212

Post by Laxfan212 »

Vanderbilt beats butler 17-16. Is Butler improving as a program, or did I misjudge Vandy?
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

intheknow247 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:43 pm
HailMaryPass wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:56 pm Great game on right now, JHU vs Loyola. Very back and forth, entertaining!

Hopkins was getting some bad calls by the refs, two yellow cards to two cross checks that weren't that harsh in my opinion. One of them was given to the wrong player (happens). Now, they just gave a yellow card to the Hopkins coach!
6 yellows for Hop. If both teams weren't from B-more i would assume the baltimore ref break was in for Loyola ....odd discrepancy
6 yellows and 5 greens against Hop. Only 2 greens against Loyola. In a game that was equally physical on each side. Something’s rotten in Denmark.
Yellows are part of the deal for McCormack’s team. Pressure style zone, hunting for CTs. Read up on his ASU teams and you will see the pattern.
Yeah, I'm quite familiar with TM's coaching....

I'm assuming you didn't actually watch the game.
MolonLaxe

Post by MolonLaxe »

Laxfan212 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:39 am Vanderbilt beats butler 17-16. Is Butler improving as a program, or did I misjudge Vandy?
Butler was up for a bit and Vandy surged back. Butler is playing decently, so maybe they are improving.
HailMaryPass

Post by HailMaryPass »

hmmm wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:03 am

I don't know anything about the coach but seemed yellows were being handed out to the Hopkins side unfairly. Some of the fouls didn't seem overly aggressive and fit for yellows. And I'm a Loyola fan!

Anyone at the game that has some input?
LaxGnome22

Post by LaxGnome22 »

Be positive all you want. Their offense is lost without Downey. After being up 6-1 last night, they started to get smacked and Whitten didn’t make any adjustment for the two / three man game Davidson put on them. Some of the goals they scored were super easy. They don’t and didn’t recruit well. So all that talk about Instagram and the beach, unfortunately Coastal is not going anywhere. At least for the next five years.
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

MolonLaxe wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:15 am
Shots fired!
Good points, LaxDadMax. Looking over the Coastal games, they should have beaten UVM and they had a good first five minutes against Clemson before being blown out. Coastal was up through a point in the 2nd, after rattling off 5 goals in the 1st quarter. Davidson is a better team and I agree that the ASUN isn't nearly as strong.

In the football world, it's not uncommon to see a dip in results in Year 3 of a new head coach. They haven't gotten all of their players in and key players graduate or leave. Kayla Downey was their best scorer and she's graduated and now at VT. The offense will need to figure it out, but they should be competitive in conference play.
I think Davidson is just better. I think Davidson is probably somewhere between the 26th and 30th-best team in the country. Even when they played Clemson, they weren't completely outclassed, they didn't have an answer for Byrne. Their offense did very well, scoring 10 goals, which probably should have been more-- I Lamparter played a strong game.

I think when Davidson plays UMass and Richmond those games will be toss ups.
SoCal

Post by SoCal »

MolonLaxe wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:08 am
Laxfan212 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:39 am Vanderbilt beats butler 17-16. Is Butler improving as a program, or did I misjudge Vandy?
Butler was up for a bit and Vandy surged back. Butler is playing decently, so maybe they are improving.
Vandy was 4-11 last year with a RPI of 61. Prior to Vandy game, Butler beat Central Michigan 13-12 and lost to Notre Dame 3-25. Why did anyone think Vandy was going to be good this year?
Last edited by SoCal on Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
LaxGnome22

Post by LaxGnome22 »

LaxDadMax wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:54 am
MolonLaxe wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:15 am
Shots fired!

I think Davidson is just better. I think Davidson is probably somewhere between the 26th and 30th-best team in the country. Even when they played Clemson, they weren't completely outclassed, they didn't have an answer for Byrne. Their offense did very well, scoring 10 goals, which probably should have been more-- I Lamparter played a strong game.

I think when Davidson plays UMass and Richmond those games will be toss ups.
No doubt they are better. But to get doubled up. Just speaking about how Coastal was considered by some to be an up and comer. They are not. And Vermont wasn’t supposed to win that game at Coastal either and they did. In the weak ASUN I have them 4. In two years 5. Queens and Lindenwood were good D2 teams. Lindenwood already is passed them. I’m excited to see Queens play Coastal.
intheknow247

Post by intheknow247 »

hmmm wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:03 am

Your assumption is wrong.
timber18888

Post by timber18888 »

edited
Last edited by timber18888 on Fri May 31, 2024 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

timber18888 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:46 pm Why is Cara Nugent starting for Northwestern again? Is KAH overconfident or is someone injured and she's not willing to talk about it?
I was just going to ask the same thing. So fr it’s a close game. I wonder if-when LaLiberty will be brought in? Unless injury?
timber18888

Post by timber18888 »

edited
Last edited by timber18888 on Fri May 31, 2024 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

timber18888 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:52 pm
Madlax59 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:51 pm
timber18888 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:46 pm Why is Cara Nugent starting for Northwestern again? Is KAH overconfident or is someone injured and she's not willing to talk about it?
I was just going to ask the same thing. So fr it’s a close game. I wonder if-when LaLiberty will be brought in? Unless injury?
Laliberty and Argentieri can't *both* be injured...right?
Live stats don't seem to be working for the game and it's nearly impossible to stream Pac-12 network games if you live on the east coast. Annoying.

Per the Pac-12 TV website it's 7-7 in second?
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

timber18888 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:52 pm
Madlax59 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:51 pm
Laliberty and Argentieri can't *both* be injured...right?
Laliberty was dancing and having a great old time on the sidelines during the Marquette game. She didn't look injured to me. She was also wearing her pads just in case.
ultravisitor

Post by ultravisitor »

KAH told the Daily Northwestern that she had no injury concerns with Laliberty.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

NU 11 CU 9 halftime

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”