ODAC 2024

D3 Mens Lacrosse
kramerica.inc

Re: ODAC 2024

Post by kramerica.inc »

Up here in MD, seeing lots of commitment announcements with the 25s finding homes before SR year.
Saw that Noke and W&L landed some good MIAA "A" kids but it has caught my eye that R-MC appears to be pulling a lot of MIAA and MD talent to Ashland. They have always gotten a few kids from the area but it seems like they are doping well in this '25 class.
Brokenstick

Post by Brokenstick »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 10:49 am Up here in MD, seeing lots of commitment announcements with the 25s finding homes before SR year.
Saw that Noke and W&L landed some good MIAA "A" kids but it has caught my eye that R-MC appears to be pulling a lot of MIAA and MD talent to Ashland. They have always gotten a few kids from the area but it seems like they are doping well in this '25 class.
Definitely seems to appear that way with their Maryland recruits. RMC has had some solid teams recently, and their ODAC Tournament wins at HSC and W&L last year certainty can help build recruiting momentum. They also added new/updated facilities last yr which helps too. Would be great to see them be more competitive out of the conference as it makes for a stronger ODAC.
dwinddweller

Post by dwinddweller »

Brokenstick wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 5:15 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 10:49 am Up here in MD, seeing lots of commitment announcements with the 25s finding homes before SR year.
Definitely seems to appear that way with their Maryland recruits. RMC has had some solid teams recently, and their ODAC Tournament wins at HSC and W&L last year certainty can help build recruiting momentum. They also added new/updated facilities last yr which helps too. Would be great to see them be more competitive out of the conference as it makes for a stronger ODAC.
With the recent promotion of Ryan Rhode to Associate Head Men's Lacrosse Coach, I am not surprised in the slightest. These recruits probably watched him warm up a goalie on their visit and knew he was their leader; You don't see an ex-d3 on the run gallop like that more than once in a generation. I wouldn't be shocked if Randy Mac wins it all this year...
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

RMC the last 3 years has shown some teeth. 12-6 in 2023 and 15-5 last season ending the year beating HSC 9-8 and W&L 13-12. Can this team become the ODAC conference tournament spoiler going forward. Traditionally it’s been Lynchburg, Roanoke, HSC and W&L being in the top 4 slots. RMC played both HSC and W&L close in the regular season losing 7-11 against HSC and 11-13 to W&L. They bring back a competent goalie, Twomey at 48% along with 2 Soph’s on D Allen 76 gbs Brode 67 gbs and a jr LSM last year w Hauser 44 Gbs . Robertson a 58% freshman fogo last year returns. Three of their top 5 pt leaders return jr last year Payne 58pts,jr Tankersly 53 pts , and Soph Sinesbox 41. Not going to declare them ODAC champs anytime soon but they are raising the level of ODAC play which is great for the conference. Next years matchups w HSC and W&L will be very interesting.
W&Lacrosse75

Post by W&Lacrosse75 »

Curiously, Ryan Rhode was an assistant at W&L prior to going to Denison, and before landing at RMC.

The W&L coaching tree also includes the Denison head coach Eric Koch, as well as Will Corrigan, former Harvard and current Air Force Assistant Coach, among many others. Corrigan’s father is the head coach at Notre Dame, and his grandfather was head coach and athletic director at both Washington and Lee and UVA.

Lacrosse really is a small world, especially at the top.
5Star

Post by 5Star »

W&Lacrosse75 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 3:30 pm Curiously, Ryan Rhode was an assistant at W&L prior to going to Denison, and before landing at RMC.

The W&L coaching tree also includes the Denison head coach Eric Koch, as well as Will Corrigan, former Harvard and current Air Force Assistant Coach, among many others. Corrigan’s father is the head coach at Notre Dame, and his grandfather was head coach and athletic director at both Washington and Lee and UVA.

Lacrosse really is a small world, especially at the top.
Pretty cool. There’s a lot more than that who have coached at W&L.

Lars Tiffany, Asst. Coach (UVA Head Coach)
Jim Stagnitta, Head Coach (PLL Whipsnakes Head Coach)
Jack Emmer, Head Coach (Former Army Head Coach)
Ryan Wellner, Asst. Coach (Notre Dame AHC)
Jim Rogalski, Asst. Coach (Michigan AC, former Lafayette HC)
Nat St. Laurent, Asst. Coach (PLL Redwood Head Coach, ONU HC)
Chris Miller, Asst. Coach (Villanova AC)
Eric Koch, AHC (Denison HC)
Jason Archbell, Asst. Coach (Collegiate HC, former Richmond AC and Bowdoin HC)
Drew Delaney, Asst. Coach (UMW HC)
Will Corrigan, Asst. Coach (Air Force AC)
Ryan Rhode, Asst. Coach (RMC AHC)

I’ll bet there’s some others too. Lots of tradition and history in the W&L program.
W&Lacrosse75

Post by W&Lacrosse75 »

Thanks for refreshing my memory. I was unaware of Wellner, Rogalsky, and Miller but was reminded of others from your list.

But I remember one who was responsible for turning W&L into a D1 power in the 70s. That would be former Navy Head Coach Dick Szlasa.
Brokenstick

Post by Brokenstick »

W&Lacrosse75 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 3:30 pm Curiously, Ryan Rhode was an assistant at W&L prior to going to Denison, and before landing at RMC.

While never a coach at W&L as far as I know, ND head coach Kevin Corrigan, was also the HC at RMC for a couple of yrs in the mid 80’s prior to UVA and ND. There is some great coaching history intertwined in this conference. The coaching trees at Noke and Lynchburg have a lot of branches too.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”