Maryland 2024

D1 Mens Lacrosse
keno in reno

Re: Maryland 2024

Post by keno in reno »

WandL99 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:54 pm This Maryland offense is moving the ball better then any Maryland team in the last 10 years, they have such good chemistry they just need to stop hitting the goalie every time and they would be up big in this game. Richmond is also just wanting it more than Maryland that is why they are hanging around in this game
Were you in a coma in 2022?
DoubleD

Post by DoubleD »

keno in reno wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:06 pm
WandL99 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:54 pm This Maryland offense is moving the ball better then any Maryland team in the last 10 years, they have such good chemistry they just need to stop hitting the goalie every time and they would be up big in this game. Richmond is also just wanting it more than Maryland that is why they are hanging around in this game
Lol
masondixonlax

Post by masondixonlax »

DoubleD wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:07 pm
Lol
I literally cannot have a more opposite opinion. I’m guessing it’s a troll
WandL99

Post by WandL99 »

Please elaborate how I am wrong please I dare you. Wisnauskus could not dodge to save his life. Got what I said about them moving the ball better than any Maryland team in the last 10 years from a player on the team that got significant time in 2022. So how about you watch what you say.
masondixonlax

Post by masondixonlax »

Troll 🧌
TurfToeVictim

Post by TurfToeVictim »

Getting nervous about this overtime, the boys need to hop off the bus.
masondixonlax

Post by masondixonlax »

Man Erska with the turnovers
TurfToeVictim

Post by TurfToeVictim »

The Orfling wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:21 pm
Wheels wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:11 am
keno in reno wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:38 am
All that enthusiasm noted, playing at Richmond in the opening game seems really dangerous. Surprised Tillman scheduled this way.
They're definitely on upset alert. Tills usually feels bad ahead every game, but there's extra concern and focus in the locker room this week. If they lose, it won't be because they overlooked Richmond.
I get a little bit of "Notre Dame 2023" energy from Maryland -- I think Terps are on a mission. Looking forward to a lot of high-intensity, great lacrosse this year.
This take isn’t aging the best, but the hope is still there.
keno in reno

Post by keno in reno »

masondixonlax wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:18 pm Man Erska with the turnovers
And McNaney
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

They should pay me for having watched this game
PulpExposure

Post by PulpExposure »

Maryland just can't get free from Richmond in the 6 on 6. Second overtime here we go.

Murphy bomb wins it. Beautiful.
TurfToeVictim

Post by TurfToeVictim »

Murphy is getting “Red Panties” treatment tn at Looney’s.
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

TurfToeVictim wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:21 pm
The Orfling wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:21 pm
Wheels wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:11 am
keno in reno wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:38 am
All that enthusiasm noted, playing at Richmond in the opening game seems really dangerous. Surprised Tillman scheduled this way.
They're definitely on upset alert. Tills usually feels bad ahead every game, but there's extra concern and focus in the locker room this week. If they lose, it won't be because they overlooked Richmond.
I get a little bit of "Notre Dame 2023" energy from Maryland -- I think Terps are on a mission. Looking forward to a lot of high-intensity, great lacrosse this year.
This take isn’t aging the best, but the hope is still there.
Ha! Glad the Terps won in OT so I don't get the "worst takes of 2024 Award." Good teams do find a way to get it done, but the "upset alert' take was the correct one. Also, very impressed with Richmond.
stupefied

Post by stupefied »

Just watched mud dry
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

I’ll never think about that game again for the rest of my life. Onto Loyola
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

stupefied wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:33 pm Just watched mud dry
Speaking of watching mud dry, that was the most tepid OT goal-winning call I've ever heard -- was the game sponsored by Sominex? I should be grateful for all of the modern era streaming options (and mostly I am) but sometimes the low production values (including monotone commentators) still get to me.
Finster

Post by Finster »

Well lax season has begun.

I attended this game. Packed stands. Great weather for an early February game.

Couple observations.

1. Yiu never want to read too much into the first game for any test. Too much the casual fan doesn’t know.

2. Maryland’s offense is too cute at times. Too much short passes.

3. Maryland’s offense doesn’t have an obvious alpha. They need someone to be ‘that’ guy.

4. Maryland’s defense is very good. Clearly the strength of the team.

5. Does Maryland have a ride? They sub off while Richmond faced zero pressure.

6. McNaney is really good.

That’s all.
keno in reno

Post by keno in reno »

The Orfling wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:39 pm
Speaking of watching mud dry, that was the most tepid OT goal-winning call I've ever heard -- was the game sponsored by Sominex? I should be grateful for all of the modern era streaming options (and mostly I am) but sometimes the low production values (including monotone commentators) still get to me.
Starsia and the announcer are obviously Richmond homers, and Starsia isnt exactly a dynamic TV personality. No complaints though, that's the ESPN3 model and at least the game was streamed.

That was a painful game to watch. I thought the defense was generally good but the offense wouldn't even look for a shot until 10 seconds on the clock. The turnovers and the shot clock dumps in the corner were agonizing. On the positive side, scoring 12 goals with that sloppy, slow play could be a good sign as they sharpen up.

No goalie should ever have 3 turnovers in a game.
Finster

Post by Finster »

keno in reno wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:35 pm
Starsia and the announcer are obviously Richmond homers, and Starsia isnt exactly a dynamic TV personality. No complaints though, that's the ESPN3 model and at least the game was streamed.

That was a painful game to watch. I thought the defense was generally good but the offense wouldn't even look for a shot until 10 seconds on the clock. The turnovers and the shot clock dumps in the corner were agonizing. On the positive side, scoring 12 goals with that sloppy, slow play could be a good sign as they sharpen up.

I was there. I’m not sure Maryland had anyone on offense that could consistently shake their defender. Could be a major concern if that shows up in every game.

McNaney will keep the Terps in a lot of games.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Finster wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:39 pm
keno in reno wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:35 pm

I was there. I’m not sure Maryland had anyone on offense that could consistently shake their defender. Could be a major concern if that shows up in every game.
I will be surprised if you see much consistency out of the office this year and without an alpha or two rising to the occasion, Phipps is going to have a hard time figuring out what to do. His office always was best when he had an alpha or two taking control and it may get exacerbated by having such a strong D.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”