ODAC 2023

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Nothinbutthelax

Re: ODAC 2023

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

Happy for your Gennies Dehunt.
Gonna be interesting if Zingo or Marindin match up on him or if they shadow him with a shortie..
Hardhat

Post by Hardhat »

Macon plays HSC this Saturday the 18th then Shenandoah, Wednesday the 22nd
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:32 am Happy for your Gennies Dehunt.
Gonna be interesting if Zingo or Marindin match up on him or if they shadow him with a shortie..
I’d try both, I’m sure Coach K will have a great game plan. He’s one of the best D3 coaches out there. I always like the idea of taking away or at least trying to take away what my opponent does best, make them uncomfortable with the idea of slowing them down. W&L is playing as about as well as I’ve ever seen them. Like to see fogo who’s good and goalie take their game to the next level. Those additional possessions or that occasional save that you aren’t suppose to make are the things that can mean the difference between a good season or a great season. The trajectory in Lex is very good right now, this is a really young team
BallHunt

Post by BallHunt »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:08 pm
I’d try both, I’m sure Coach K will have a great game plan. He’s one of the best D3 coaches out there. I always like the idea of taking away or at least trying to take away what my opponent does best, make them uncomfortable with the idea of slowing them down. W&L is playing as about as well as I’ve ever seen them. Like to see fogo who’s good and goalie take their game to the next level. Those additional possessions or that occasional save that you aren’t suppose to make are the things that can mean the difference between a good season or a great season. The trajectory in Lex is very good right now, this is a really young team
The details of each game add up to a win - higher than average clearing, higher offensive efficiency, lower than average turnovers, shooting percentage, etc. I see a lot of unnecessary turnovers put points on the board for opponents, across D3. The players have the abilities but the coaches need to coach decision-making and poise. Passes will go over heads, shots will go wide, but forcing passes and making simple avoidable decisions that result in turnovers can kill games for a team, and thus a season.

Lynchburg at Tufts, the Hornets made a lot of poor decisions on passes. It will be interesting to see how Lynchburg and W&L develop from here out, seeking that optimal blend of assertiveness and calm to get the details right, win games, and go deep in the tournament.
poster formerly know as "wherestheslide"
JustOneTime

Post by JustOneTime »

BallHunt wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:11 pm
The details of each game add up to a win - higher than average clearing, higher offensive efficiency, lower than average turnovers, shooting percentage, etc. I see a lot of unnecessary turnovers put points on the board for opponents, across D3. The players have the abilities but the coaches need to coach decision-making and poise. Passes will go over heads, shots will go wide, but forcing passes and making simple avoidable decisions that result in turnovers can kill games for a team, and thus a season.

Lynchburg at Tufts, the Hornets made a lot of poor decisions on passes. It will be interesting to see how Lynchburg and W&L develop from here out, seeking that optimal blend of assertiveness and calm to get the details right, win games, and go deep in the tournament.
I agree on this big time. The small details have plagued Roanoke this year. They have way too many unforced errors. The Noke coaching staff needs to pound it into their heads - decision making and poise!!
zonedef

Post by zonedef »

JustOneTime wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:26 pm
BallHunt wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:11 pm

I agree on this big time. The small details have plagued Roanoke this year. They have way too many unforced errors. The Noke coaching staff needs to pound it into their heads - decision making and poise!!
Yesterday’s game was good example. Tied deep into the 4th. 2 illegal stick penalties. They almost didn’t make it out of that one.
ODAD

Post by ODAD »

I was way off on my LYN v. St. LAW prediction... hope the hornets can turn it around with F&M.
Nothinbutthelax

They got a long way to go and a short time to get there..
Long spring break starting to think bad mojo in locker room.
Wolfe limping around on crutches..
Dehuntshigwa’es

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:07 pm They got a long way to go and a short time to get there..
Long spring break starting to think bad mojo in locker room.
Wolfe limping around on crutches..
Following Lynchburg for years. This team is simply physically and possibly mentally gassed. Is it 4 games in 9 days with tomorrow’s contest. They are talented, I think they pull off a win tomorrow but it will be a war. Turnovers everywhere, dead legs. They’ll be ready for ODAC play.
ODAD

Post by ODAD »

LYN, NOKE and HSC should all come out on top today.

The hornets have the tougher matchup against a solid F&M team but I think they will edge it out. If Wolfe is out, the game could go either way.

Noke is playing a well disciplined but less talented Ohio Northern who got handled by HSC in a matchup where the scoreboard didn’t show how far apart the game really was.

HSC is the clear favorite over and untested RMC. They have a big advantage defensively. I see this game going to the tigers +5 if they go above 30% on the dot.
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:21 pm It was ugly. LYN clearly misery and never adjusted to those conditions..Tufts just punched through. Very impressive.
No rest for the weary with Mustang Friday. Hope no flight delays.
Heard the announcers (annoying announcers) say LYN is going D1.. 1st I heard this. Can anyone confirm?
Just a case of terrible announcers.
ShenandoahLaxDad

Post by ShenandoahLaxDad »

Just saw Inside Lacrosse's D3 rankings for this week. I fully understand Lynchburg got thumped twice last week, but them not being in the top 20 seems a little off to me. Especially when Stevenson is at 14 & Cabrini is at 15, two teams that Lynchburg beat. Mind you, Lynchburg's losses are all within the top 7 teams. Maybe it makes sense, maybe it doesn't. Just kind of crazy they would get bounced out of the top 20.
MacAttack

Post by MacAttack »

ShenandoahLaxDad wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:30 pm Just saw Inside Lacrosse's D3 rankings for this week. I fully understand Lynchburg got thumped twice last week, but them not being in the top 20 seems a little off to me. Especially when Stevenson is at 14 & Cabrini is at 15, two teams that Lynchburg beat. Mind you, Lynchburg's losses are all within the top 7 teams. Maybe it makes sense, maybe it doesn't. Just kind of crazy they would get bounced out of the top 20.
Agreed. Lynchburg should be in the top 15 at least. No way Stevenson belongs anywhere on that list, especially at 14
BallBag

Post by BallBag »

The USILA Coaches Poll Rankings are always more accurate...
Dehuntshigwa’es

ShenandoahLaxDad wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:30 pm Just saw Inside Lacrosse's D3 rankings for this week. I fully understand Lynchburg got thumped twice last week, but them not being in the top 20 seems a little off to me. Especially when Stevenson is at 14 & Cabrini is at 15, two teams that Lynchburg beat. Mind you, Lynchburg's losses are all within the top 7 teams. Maybe it makes sense, maybe it doesn't. Just kind of crazy they would get bounced out of the top 20.
Agree, they got this wrong and at a terrible moment in my opinion. Look, it’s a long season and I think Lynchburg was gassed over this weekend. W&L has to play CNU at 7:00pm Wednesday night then play what I am sure is a team who believes they are being disrespected at least by this poll.. Coach K has that all over the Locker-room, in class hallways and in town. Whatever the outcome on Wednesday's game turn the page quickly, hydrate and sleep a mad hive of hornets will be arriving on Saturday. Your record or ranking in these games means nothing.Coaches poll just came out with Generals at #6 and Lynchburg #14

I’d also like to see them take the field and scrimmage for 15 minutes before their game as their warmup because whatever they do prior to game time isn’t doing it. They always start SLOW. Half times scores York led 8-4,Denison led 8-4 and Gettysburg led 8-4. Play a full 60 minutes
Last edited by Dehuntshigwa’es on Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Not Suitable

Post by Not Suitable »

Probably just an oversight by the IL staff.
Nothinbutthelax

Post F&M game Interview and some I sight from coach K.

https://gomustangsports.com/feature/202 ... ng_classic
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Lynchburg Mustang Classic highlights
https://youtu.be/fhmg60yP0OU
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
Not Suitable

Post by Not Suitable »

IL put out updated rankings and has Lynch at 14.

1 Christopher Newport
2 Tufts
3 RIT
4 Gettysburg
5 Union
6 Salisbury
7 St. Lawrence
8 Amherst
9 Washington and Lee
10 Denison
11 Dickinson
12 Middlebury