Cornell 2019

D1 Mens Lacrosse
faircornell

Re: Cornell 2019

Post by faircornell »

In a show of truly impressive international support, the Malvern Lacrosse Club in Malvern, Victoria, Australia has also pinned the tweet with the streaming of the game.

First game of the night, 15-13 Towson
bigpappibear

Post by bigpappibear »

The quality of the video feed is terrible. I guess it is better than nothing. But these Crown folks seem like complete amateurs.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

So the video feed is on twitter, not youtube?
bigpappibear

Post by bigpappibear »

Yes. Only from their twitter page. This must be part of their genius strategy. It appears they have just setup a single stationary GoPro camera or an iPhone. So the resolution won't scale to a big screen. They clearly aren't using an liver encoder either, so it will be very choppy. They could of grabbed a couple of freshman Cornell CS majors out of Upson Hall and done much better that whoever came up with this setup.
Gobigred

Post by Gobigred »

Video now showing pre-game warmups for Towson game. :?
bigpappibear

Post by bigpappibear »

Here is a direct persicope URL for the video feed. No idea is this will work better than the feed embedded in the twitter page. Probably not. But I'm going to compare.
bigpappibear

Post by bigpappibear »

Gobigred

Post by Gobigred »

pscp.tv has game; search on cornell
bigpappibear

Post by bigpappibear »

Audio is way behind video feed.
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

Wow, Penn State with 9 goals so far in just the 1st quarter (up 9-2 at 1Q mark. That was a ROUGH first quarter. For a while Cornell seemed to be airmailing passes 10 feet over teammates’ heads on every possession. Outshot 16-4. And Cornell swapped out goalies already.
RedIvy

Post by RedIvy »

I hate it when I’m right on something like this but major FO problems combined with Defense and goalie issues is a recepe for disaster against a team like Penn State. Then add In turn overs and penalties...

Really surprised at decision not to have Raz take early FO’s and not start Irlan. Early momentum is critical especislly against aTambroni team. I remember how strong we used to come out under Tambroni.

Chin up and play hard to the end and build from this.
bigpappibear

Post by bigpappibear »

11-5. It's still possible for us to win. But what we've learned is Irelan should start against Towson. We've seen this pattern with a few games already and against the better teams we can't expect to win.
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

14-10
bigpappibear

Post by bigpappibear »

They accidentally killed the stream. These crown people are morons.
Trumansburger

Post by Trumansburger »

19-13. Arceri winning face offs and PSU scores. 1:07 left. Cornell man down.
Game over.
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

Penn State takes it 19-13. While not encouraging, Penn State looked bigger, stronger and faster on the evening. What was encouraging is that the Big Red kept playing, and pulled within 3 goals. As the announcers noted, Cornell outscored the Nittany Lions 11-10 in the final 3 quarters. The adjustments made seemed to work well after a 9-2 first quarter. This is one of those experiences that I hope the Big Red will put behind them and adjust for the next game. Hats off to PSU for a well played game.
bigpappibear

Post by bigpappibear »

Irelan should start next game.
another fan

Post by another fan »

Stream was so poor it’s hard to say anything but the obvious. PS is explosive and has a strong fogo. As I feared, we could not match up with Ament, and his return makes O’Keefe lethal. But we hung in despite again digging a huge hole to start the game. I expect Ierlan to get the start against Towson. Raz looks less than 100% but still gives us our best chance. He will have a very tough time with Woodall.

Though our weaknesses were fully exposed and exploited, I think PS may be the toughest match up on our schedule, and I expect improvement against Towson.
bigpappibear

Post by bigpappibear »

I have professional experience with video streaming. I'm going to email these folks some suggestions. I could figure out some of the mistakes they were making, e.g., stream should have a longer delay, likely not using an encoder. Maybe Sunday's game will show some improvements in stream quality.
VeryRustyRed

Post by VeryRustyRed »

A water-logged and cold VRR reporting from Charlotte. I'll be brief:
While Cornell has given up a lot of goals in its 3 prior games, Penn State's offense is not a good match-up for Cornell's D. At all! For example, I think Wallace vs. Reeves (think last year's Ivy tourney win) was a better match-up for him than Ament.
The Red got caught flat-footed out of the blocks again - while I have the benefit of 20/20 hindsight, why not start with Raz? He was the only FOGO able to deal with Arceri. Tria and Graham weren't close. He also gave a really gritty effort - I was right behind the Cornell bench - he was covered with mud/grass/sweat + had his wrist taped at the half. PSU's attackmen were really quick - they got separation behind the cage and got Cornell rotating...and then made inside-outside passes for wide open step-ins. Took surprisingly long to adjust.
Ierlan needs to make the start vs. Towson.
Not to make excuses for Cornell air-mailing a half-dozen 1st half passes, but the boys have been practicing in frigid Ithaca temps for the last week, while PSU is inside a brand new, cozy indoor field house. I'm not surprised they were more fine-tuned.
Other:
-Tarbell played far less frequent shifts; Buczek logged a ton of time
-Adler backed up Salvatore at LSM; I really like his motor; seems to have quick feet.
-2nd shift mids, other than Telesco not showing much; Coach M spotted him on the 1st line in the 2nd half when 1st line mids were caught on D
-Nice to see Rupp get PT after Piatelli was hurt; I would have left him in - not sure Piatelli looked the same when he returned.
Bottom line: Towson and Yale will both be VERY tough opponents. Even if the Red do not win either game, I think the team is growing/improving. The issue will be to lose as few other games as possible to still be in contention for an at-large bid, assuming Yale wins the AQ.
A HUGE key - Raz needs to stay healthy.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”