Syracuse 2021

D1 Mens Lacrosse
jrn19

Re: Syracuse 2021

Post by jrn19 »

tech37 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:39 pm
jrn19 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:37 pm
Pensky Material wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:28 pm So yesterday it appeared the team was ready to mutiny if Chase was back so he practiced by himself. Desko says it was his call to bring him back and apparently he was with the team today? I can't imagine Desko would force the players hand on this if they felt that strongley about him being gone so now I'm back in the boat of I don't know what the heck is going on or what really happened? Craziness indeed.
SU came out and clarified that Scanlan practiced on his own today. So not with the team. Not sure why Desko said he did.
Obviously he's lying :roll:

Give it a rest
You said he's lying; not me
tech37

Post by tech37 »

jrn19 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:44 pm
tech37 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:39 pm
jrn19 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:37 pm
Pensky Material wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:28 pm So yesterday it appeared the team was ready to mutiny if Chase was back so he practiced by himself. Desko says it was his call to bring him back and apparently he was with the team today? I can't imagine Desko would force the players hand on this if they felt that strongley about him being gone so now I'm back in the boat of I don't know what the heck is going on or what really happened? Craziness indeed.
SU came out and clarified that Scanlan practiced on his own today. So not with the team. Not sure why Desko said he did.
Obviously he's lying :roll:

Give it a rest
You said he's lying; not me
As seacoaster likes to say... "boycott stupid"
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Oh no I was a surprise/mistake 13yrs later. Long before my time.

I didn’t know a lot of the Long Island side, some, but you can see the effect on the mom, aunt and uncle along w my cousins though most are 6-20yrs older than me.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
cantrelax

Post by cantrelax »

FFG- Spell check on W-A-N-T-A-G-H. Home of Mulcahy's, one of LI's greatest live music venues!
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

You’re right sorry. Haven’t been there in a good while myself but did like to see shows at Jones Beach even if the acoustics are terrible when I lived in NYC. Having a sunset behind the stage into that bay/pond/non ocean portion of water there.

Did like going out to my friends uncles joint in Port Jeff, play public course there, take his uncles sailboat out and then go drink and cougar watch at the bars there.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

jrn19 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:44 pmSU came out and clarified that Scanlan practiced on his own today. So not with the team. Not sure why Desko said he did.
I think there's a disconnect for some people, especially people of older generations, when it comes to how to handle situations of this ilk. In 1981, you could handle these issues however you liked. In 2021, not so simple...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:52 pm
jrn19 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:44 pmSU came out and clarified that Scanlan practiced on his own today. So not with the team. Not sure why Desko said he did.
I think there's a disconnect for some people, especially people of older generations, when it comes to how to handle situations of this ilk. In 1981, you could handle these issues however you liked. In 2021, not so simple...
Or, perhaps he simply misspoke. That can happen with people of any generation.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

jhu06 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:08 pm -don't wish this for you or anyone especially desko a classy alpha dog rival
-very jealous that a)your coach speaks to the media b)does it in his own voice c)answers questions from the media d)I guess does it more than once a year e)aside from the scanlan stuff answers honestly.
-Sounds like your coach asked the player what happened, the player gave a story of events the coach believed, he took what he felt was fair action but then because gen Z thinks it's in charge and we live in a social media age your school has lost total control of this story. If not for the NFL draft this would probably be a national zoo free for all.
Good post 06.
Lax3

Post by Lax3 »

One of the comments in an Instagram post by Inside Lacrosse on the Desko press conferences describes the alleged accusations against Scanlan ....
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

tech37 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:55 pm Or, perhaps he simply misspoke. That can happen with people of any generation.
While true, not all "misspeaking"s are created equal. Especially in 2021. People, especially leaders, need to know better. And, if they don't, they shouldn't be leading.
Caddy Day
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:59 pm
tech37 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:55 pm Or, perhaps he simply misspoke. That can happen with people of any generation.
While true, not all "misspeaking"s are created equal. Especially in 2021. People, especially leaders, need to know better. And, if they don't, they shouldn't be leading.
your comments on this are ridiculously off base.
does this contribute to the circus? yeah.
you're an age-ist now? based on this one misspeak/whatever it is? what is he, low 60s?
and now he's not a leader? it may turn out he fumbled everything. or did it all by the book. and what he was told. you know nada.

take a sec before hitting send.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:39 pm it may turn out he fumbled everything. or did it all by the book. and what he was told. you know nada.
Maybe. I may be 100% off base. or maybe the higher ups who told him what to do got it wrong. all possible. Including that I know nada...
Caddy Day
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

story didn't get any play beyond syracuse and the lacrosse bubble and will now be buried under the nfl draft/biden speech coverage for the weekend. School should probably resolve this by sunday so it doesn't risk exploding nationally and torpedoing your season and causing larger issues for you.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

jhu06 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:54 am story didn't get any play beyond syracuse and the lacrosse bubble and will now be buried under the nfl draft/biden speech coverage for the weekend. School should probably resolve this by sunday so it doesn't risk exploding nationally and torpedoing your season and causing larger issues for you.
Yeah I'm not so sure about that chief

https://www.syracuse.com/orangelacrosse ... ation.html

Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

HopFan16 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:29 pmYeah I'm not so sure about that chief
If he did what he's accused of doing, there's a 0% chance that this will be overlooked. What he did and how SU reacted.
Caddy Day
NYVA631

Post by NYVA631 »

Cue the delusional fanbase

"Let's let this process play out"
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

HopFan16 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:29 pm
jhu06 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:54 am story didn't get any play beyond syracuse and the lacrosse bubble and will now be buried under the nfl draft/biden speech coverage for the weekend. School should probably resolve this by sunday so it doesn't risk exploding nationally and torpedoing your season and causing larger issues for you.
Yeah I'm not so sure about that chief

https://www.syracuse.com/orangelacrosse ... ation.html

Syracuse is the only news outlet that is covering this story well.

Good on them. The good ole boy network at IL is again showing they aren't REALLY media- only wannabe, suckup cronies.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

www.syracuse.com%2Forangelacrosse%2F2021%2F04%2Fsyracuse-lacrosse-captains-to-chase-scanlan-if-you-practice-with-team-well-walk-out.html

By Lindsay Kramer | [email protected]
Syracuse, N.Y. -- The leadership group of the Syracuse lacrosse team told star attack Chase Scanlan that if he tries to practice with the team, players will walk out of practice, according to Scanlan’s high school coach.

Scanlan relayed that update to Rob Genco on Tuesday evening. That came hours after Scanlan returned from a suspension to rejoin the team, only to meet resistance from many players.

Syracuse head coach John Desko arranged for Scanlan to work out on his own, and Genco said Scanlan later tried to plead his case in a late afternoon meeting with the team’s captains.

Genco said Scanlan was unsure how the situation will be resolved and whether he will remain on the team and continue to practice on his own. The Orange visits Notre Dame on Saturday, and while he could travel with the team, his playing status is also unclear.

Scanlan, a sophomore All-American who wears the Orange’s fabled No. 22, leads the team with 24 goals.

Genco, who coached Scanlan at Silver Creek High School outside of Buffalo, suggested the situation is beyond repair and told Scanlan he should explore a transfer.

“‘It seems like (the school has) moved on. I think you have to make another decision here,’” Genco said he told Scanlan. “I think the writing’s on the wall.”

Scanlan was suspended indefinitely last week for what Inside Lacrosse reported was an incident following an April 17 loss against North Carolina. He was reinstated on Monday.

Syracuse has five captains: redshirt senior midfielder Peter Dearth, redshirt junior midfielder Brendan Curry, redshirt senior midfielder Jamie Trimboli, sixth-year attackman Stephen Rehfuss and senior goaltender Drake Porter. It is unclear who or how many conveyed this ultimatum to Scanlan, and it’s unclear why the players don’t want him at practice.

Several messages were left for Desko and Syracuse athletic director John Wildhack through the school’s sports information department seeking comment. The school would only confirm Scanlan remains on the team. Desko is scheduled to address reporters Wednesday afternoon.

Scanlan transferred to Syracuse from Loyola two seasons ago. He had originally committed to SU out of IMG Academy in Florida but then switched to Loyola when the Orange’s financial aid package didn’t meet his needs.

Scanlan was immediately dominant, leading all Division I freshmen midfielders with 43 goals and earning Inside Lacrosse second-team All-American status. But he said he felt unwelcome at Loyola, excluded from team activities by some players in what he described as a divided locker room.

Genco still defends Scanlan and has said the player has told him, without discussing specifics, that the incident that has landed him in trouble was “nothing but it’s become something.” Genco said when he told Scanlan he should think about another school, Scanlan said he didn’t want to transfer again.

“It’s unlike anything I’ve ever heard of. He’s on the team, but the guys don’t want him on the team,” Genco said. “I honestly believe Chase doesn’t know what’s going on. I think he’s still hanging onto hope that he can still be a part of the team.”
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

www.syracuse.com/orangelacrosse/2021/04 ... ation.html
Orange Sports Insider
Syracuse’s Chase Scanlan update: This photo of a damaged wall is part of investigation
Updated 1:06 PM; Today 1:06 PM
[Image: Hole in wall part of Chase Scanlan investigation]

A photograph of a hole in the wall that is part of the investigation into a domestic incident involving Syracuse University lacrosse player Chase Scanlon. provided photoprovided photo

By Marnie Eisenstadt | [email protected]
Syracuse, N.Y. — A photograph of a damaged wall in a South Campus apartment is a piece of evidence in the investigation of a domestic incident involving Syracuse University’s star lacrosse player Chase Scanlan, a law enforcement official says.

Onondaga County District Attorney William Fitzpatrick, whose office is now investigating the incident along with the Syracuse Police Department, confirmed to Syracuse.com that the photograph of the smashed wall is part of the case. Syracuse.com obtained the photograph independently.

The picture was taken at the apartment where the incident happened and is part of the file the university Department of Public Safety turned over to his office, Fitzpatrick confirmed.

Fitzpatrick would not provide any information about what the university police officers were told about how the wall was broken. The dent is more than a foot wide and a foot high, with pieces of broken wall hanging on.

Fitzpatrick Tuesday referred to another person involved in the case as a woman and a “victim.” Campus police categorized the event as a domestic incident.

Another source with independent knowledge of what happened in the apartment late on April 17 also confirmed that the photograph was taken at the scene of the domestic incident.

No one has been charged in the matter and no specific allegation has surfaced publicly.

Scanlan and his father, Scott Scanlan, did not respond to requests for comment today. On Monday, Scott Scanlan told Syracuse.com his son did not know why he was suspended.

“There was no nothing,” Scott said. “We’ll never know. Some kind of fake allegation we’ll never know about.”

The university’s department of public safety was called to the apartment at 11:34 p.m., April 17, records show. The case is still listed as open.

University Public Safety Chief Bobby Maldonado did not return a phone call seeking comment.

Scanlan, 21, was suspended from the team two days after the incident. Sarah Scalese, a spokeswoman for the university, said in a statement that the suspension was for “violating team rules and expectations.”

Scanlan was allowed to return to the team Monday; Scalese would not provide any details on why Scanlan’s suspension was lifted. She said that would be a violation of federal privacy provisions.

Scanlan is the team’s leading scorer with 24 goals.

Coach John Desko said Tuesday that the decision to bring Scanlan back from the suspension was his. He also said Scanlan will not travel with the team this weekend when it plays Notre Dame. University officials said Scanlan was practicing away from his teammates.

The university’s decision to reinstate Scanlan was met with a strong reaction from the players. The team captains threatened that players would walk off the field if Scanlan returned to practice this week.

Staff writers Chris Libonati and Lindsay Kramer contributed to this report.
calourie

Post by calourie »

Big fan of John Desko, but it appears to me he jumped the gun on reinstating Scanlan given Chase's relegation to isolated practices and not accompanying the team to South Bend. As of now Desko's choice doesn't see to have the support of his team and it leaves him blowing in the wind until there is further resolution of the matter.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”