Johns Hopkins 2020

D1 Mens Lacrosse
jhu06

Re: Johns Hopkins 2020

Post by jhu06 »

jhu08 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:44 am
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:38 am
Notice how Hopkins starts up again RIGHT AFTER the Penn State game that was scheduled for the 11th?

:lol:
I think we should all go continually be jerks in the Loyola thread. Epstein is still surely leaving, right?
-according to loyola, towson and goucher women or at least the ones I met, the most desirable men on those campuses are Hopkins guys judging by who they all told us they wanted to marry.
-glad our guys got to at least go into sabbatical on a high note, especially murphy and even the much lampooned deso who got the assist-that had to be a HUGE shot of confidence the young fella will think about for awhile. I wish the team would've played like a hopkins team-or maybe this is the new normal-so more kids could've seen the field and gotten some tv time for to show their grandkids, coaches and parents one day.
-for those that don't read twitter-I don't post, sorry, about the time we really went down against msm, one of the lax writers was posting play by play of doms big game. means nothing, but felt like perhaps 2 legacies in transition.
-feel bad for bb, supposed to be a weekend where he got a big honor, but 8 rings, 12 super bowl appearances, he'll be ok, hopefully he can bring tom back. msm had to feel like all those teams he's beaten over the years where the pats gave awful efforts only to escape with late wins.
-this is quite a year for the school. they wage war on their alumni and still raised $3 billion, Bloombergs bid goes bust, the lacrosse program is terrible and probably gets the winningest coach in school history fired, the school leads the fight against a disease. Quite a moment. I know most rival programs were preparing to enjoy the bataan death march that the next 8 weeks seemed to portend for us. I'd rather have a 5-8 season than this disease and I feel for all the kids whose careers have been wrecked. they'll grow from this. to the fan with the balls big enough to sit next to you know who at the next game, bring ear plugs.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Notice how Hopkins starts up again RIGHT AFTER the Penn State game that was scheduled for the 11th?

I think we should all go continually be jerks in the Loyola thread. Epstein is still surely leaving, right?

Lighten up, Frances, it's called humor.
steel_hop

Post by steel_hop »

jhu06 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:23 pm

-according to loyola, towson and goucher women or at least the ones I met, the most desirable men on those campuses are Hopkins guys judging by who they all told us they wanted to marry.
-glad our guys got to at least go into sabbatical on a high note, especially murphy and even the much lampooned deso who got the assist-that had to be a HUGE shot of confidence the young fella will think about for awhile. I wish the team would've played like a hopkins team-or maybe this is the new normal-so more kids could've seen the field and gotten some tv time for to show their grandkids, coaches and parents one day.
-for those that don't read twitter-I don't post, sorry, about the time we really went down against msm, one of the lax writers was posting play by play of doms big game. means nothing, but felt like perhaps 2 legacies in transition.
-feel bad for bb, supposed to be a weekend where he got a big honor, but 8 rings, 12 super bowl appearances, he'll be ok, hopefully he can bring tom back. msm had to feel like all those teams he's beaten over the years where the pats gave awful efforts only to escape with late wins.
-this is quite a year for the school. they wage war on their alumni and still raised $3 billion, Bloombergs bid goes bust, the lacrosse program is terrible and probably gets the winningest coach in school history fired, the school leads the fight against a disease. Quite a moment. I know most rival programs were preparing to enjoy the bataan death march that the next 8 weeks seemed to portend for us. I'd rather have a 5-8 season than this disease and I feel for all the kids whose careers have been wrecked. they'll grow from this. to the fan with the balls big enough to sit next to you know who at the next game, bring ear plugs.
Disimone wasn’t given the assist on the Murphy goal. Nor should he have been given one,
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

duke followed hopkins in postponing spring athletics competitions. We finally found a way to lead them in sports!
Mightyjoe

Post by Mightyjoe »

steel_hop wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:30 pm
jhu06 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:23 pm

Disimone wasn’t given the assist on the Murphy goal. Nor should he have been given one,
Did he even play that game? Last I saw him was at Towsen
LRoggy

Post by LRoggy »

Mr. F wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:21 am
flalax22 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:20 am No way the game goes ahead this weekend. It can’t given the cancel climate going on
Johns Hopkins has suspended all spring sports
Does that qualify as a strategic decision or a tactical decision?
LRoggy

Post by LRoggy »

houndace1 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:46 am
Big Dog wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:24 am
flalax22 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:20 am No way the game goes ahead this weekend. It can’t given the cancel climate going on
...Thru April 12.

https://hopkinssports.com/news/2020/3/1 ... il-12.aspx
So if alot of schools are either suspending or canceling their spring seasons... how will the NCAA committee pick the schools to play in the tournament??? the sample size will be so small, as will be the number of games played.
Two possibilities:

Only invite those schools that have never played in the tourney, so we can have a new winner

or

Have the old guard in Baltimore do it the old fashioned way via poll and declare a 3-way tie between Maryland, Navy and JHU. That way Cornell fans have another reason to complain . . .
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

LRoggy wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:29 pm
Does that qualify as a strategic decision or a tactical decision?

another fan

Post by another fan »

LRoggy wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:32 pm
...Thru April 12.

So if alot of schools are either suspending or canceling their spring seasons... how will the NCAA committee pick the schools to play in the tournament??? the sample size will be so small, as will be the number of games played.
Two possibilities:

Only invite those schools that have never played in the tourney, so we can have a new winner

or

Have the old guard in Baltimore do it the old fashioned way via poll and declare a 3-way tie between Maryland, Navy and JHU. That way Cornell fans have another reason to complain . . .
LRoggy, if you are referring to 1970, I believe it was VA, not MD, crowned tri champs the "old fashioned" way.
LRoggy

Post by LRoggy »

another fan wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:05 pm
LRoggy wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:32 pm
...Thru April 12.

Two possibilities:

or

LRoggy, if you are referring to 1970, I believe it was VA, not MD, crowned tri champs the "old fashioned" way.
It was more a generic joke, didn't have to be specific. Wasn't it 1972 or 1974 that Cornell felt screwed?
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

I think Cornell always feels screwed.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Clarification: I’m not talking about Willis.
Hoponboard

Post by Hoponboard »

We’ll need to take a roll call on April 12 to see who’s still around.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:52 pm I think Cornell always feels screwed.
We do!

Mens and womens hockey tournaments canceled … and guess who is the #1 team in the nation in both, for the first time ever?
51percentcorn

Post by 51percentcorn »

The big Dance just got cancelled - no one shining moment
I think lacrosse fans can take the rest of the spring off - see you for fall scrimmages

It's official - lacrosse championship cancelled
http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/med ... mpionships
Today, NCAA President Mark Emmert and the Board of Governors canceled the Division I men’s and women’s 2020 basketball tournaments, as well as all remaining winter and spring NCAA championships
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Maybe use this time to reflect. There are things much, much bigger than Johns Hopkins lacrosse, no matter who the coach is, who is or isn't injured, what defensive scheme they're running, how big or fast the SSDMs are, how many fans go to games, who is or isn't living up to the hype, how annoying the band is, how much you hate Ron Daniels, etc. etc. It's a game. One that we all clearly care about a great deal otherwise we wouldn't post here, but still a game. Hopefully everyone and their families stays healthy.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Hoponboard wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:18 pm We’ll need to take a roll call on April 12 to see who’s still around.
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

So, what about the head coaching job at Hopkins?
Live Free or Die!
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Events over took. It was always going to happen
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

Cooter wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:07 pm So, what about the head coaching job at Hopkins?
Headline "Coronavirus Saves Petro"

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”