All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

RedFromMI

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by RedFromMI »

LaxFan2311 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:59 pm Hey njbill:
Here’s a peer reviewed study saying that people who’ve taken Covid vaccine have a 37% reduction of life expectancy than Pure Bloods (and very smart people) like me.
https://x.com/realpatrickwebb/status/18 ... 3A8dXXaEwA
A study for a particular region in Italy only. Life expectancy is not reduced by 37%, BUT rather the length of reduction in life expectancy for the groups vaccinated with one or two rounds of vaccines was increase by 37%. Not the same thing at all.

In addition a much smaller effect was seen for those persons who kept up with all the boosters.

Maybe just an outlier region...(and Italy was hit very hard by Covid...)
njbill

Post by njbill »

Wait a minute. You are telling me a decrease by 37% is not the same thing as an increase by 37%? Gee, I used to be good in math back in school.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

njbill wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 5:55 pm Wait a minute. You are telling me a decrease by 37% is not the same thing as an increase by 37%? Gee, I used to be good in math back in school.
It’s worse. That is not what the paper says.

The results of the study were that the one group saw a certain number of days reduction in life expectancy. The other group had a number of days reduction 37% higher.

That is not the same as actual life expectancy, as that is the total number of years and days of expected age at death on average. The paper is quoting the differential of the change. Total effect is o. The order of a percent or so on total life expectancy.
a fan

Post by a fan »

RedFromMI wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 3:09 pm
njbill wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 5:55 pm Wait a minute. You are telling me a decrease by 37% is not the same thing as an increase by 37%? Gee, I used to be good in math back in school.
It’s worse. That is not what the paper says.

The results of the study were that the one group saw a certain number of days reduction in life expectancy. The other group had a number of days reduction 37% higher.

That is not the same as actual life expectancy, as that is the total number of years and days of expected age at death on average. The paper is quoting the differential of the change. Total effect is o. The order of a percent or so on total life expectancy.
And obviously......it's not like they looked at 25 year olds...and looked at how many made it to 80 years.

Return to “POLITICS”