NESCAC

D3 Mens Lacrosse
RE6ULATOR

Re: NESCAC

Post by RE6ULATOR »

So to segue to something more NESCAC centered, take Tufts from last year, remove any 6 players of your choice and give them the best 6 NJIT players. Is that enough to push them over my Gulls for the ‘ship?
NNELax

Post by NNELax »

laxdad1434 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:55 am
NNELax wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:49 am
laxdad1434 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:18 am
NNELax wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:31 am
laxdad1434 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:28 pm
MVPiccoli wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:33 pm
shorelax12 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:15 pm
RE6ULATOR wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:41 pm
pcowlax wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:29 pm… there are some kids who would and do go the D3 route there because of the opportunity to have more of a regular college life when not having the all consuming time commitments involved at such schools.
This may historically be true, but I have to believe that with the commitment required in HS/club to be at a level to be sought by high level DI lacrosse teams nowadays, one has to be driven and committed beyond belief (throw in the individual drive to have IVY acceptance caliber grades). So much so in fact that I would bet there are more high level HS lacrosse players who chose to not play in college at all (due to not wanting the commitment / burnt out / whatever) than there are that chose D3 over a legitimate top tier DI. Just my 2 cents.
I would say, historically, if a kid is not getting looks from the likes of a top DI or an Ivy, the first word coming out every parents mouth on the sidelines is NESCAC, it is just the natural progression in the lacrosse world, so a lot of those kids are pretty driven and committed, but obviously with the same academic hurdles as the Ivy league. However, you are probably right that, outside of the NESCAC or some of the other top 20 D3 schools making offers, a lot of high level kids just chose not to play, whether due to the fact that they do not want the commitment, or perhaps because they are embarrassed that they put in all of the time and energy playing club and things did not work out.
I'd throw burnout onto that short list of reasons. So many kids in this hyper-focused, specialized age of youth sports hit a wall man. See it all the time. The lack of athletic diversity starting at age 6-7 that I've seen in my own backyard just breeds it. So many for profit organizations out there that have zero interest in slowing the train down. Deserves it's own thread, but man, it's bananas.
I live in an area where the 3 sport HS athlete is making a comeback. Most of the club coaches preach multi-sport, as do the HS coaches. The sport itself is growing at a breakneck pace, over 220 HS programs in our state, double of what we had 20 yrs ago. I don't see kids quitting, if anything I see more participation from the kids that were marginal players via D2, D3, and the MCLA club leagues. I know kids playing Tenn, FSU, SC, GT, Col, the D2 Fla circuit is pretty good as well. The NESCAC or bust thing is a non-factor in my opinion. If kids want to play, and they're good enough, they'll find a school.
Club coaches say they like multi-sport athletes until it hits their bottomline....
Then you need to find another club.
I would say sadly it's the majority....especially in the NE
Honestly, we never experienced that in NJ.
That is good...I just hope the sport doesn't take the juniors hockey route...my assumption is I'm probably too late in wishing it won't turn out that way...Sport might not be big enough to ever get there tho...
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

NNELax wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:58 pm
laxdad1434 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:55 am
NNELax wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:49 am
laxdad1434 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:18 am
NNELax wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:31 am
laxdad1434 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:28 pm
MVPiccoli wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:33 pm
shorelax12 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:15 pm
RE6ULATOR wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:41 pm
pcowlax wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:29 pm… there are some kids who would and do go the D3 route there because of the opportunity to have more of a regular college life when not having the all consuming time commitments involved at such schools.
This may historically be true, but I have to believe that with the commitment required in HS/club to be at a level to be sought by high level DI lacrosse teams nowadays, one has to be driven and committed beyond belief (throw in the individual drive to have IVY acceptance caliber grades). So much so in fact that I would bet there are more high level HS lacrosse players who chose to not play in college at all (due to not wanting the commitment / burnt out / whatever) than there are that chose D3 over a legitimate top tier DI. Just my 2 cents.
I would say, historically, if a kid is not getting looks from the likes of a top DI or an Ivy, the first word coming out every parents mouth on the sidelines is NESCAC, it is just the natural progression in the lacrosse world, so a lot of those kids are pretty driven and committed, but obviously with the same academic hurdles as the Ivy league. However, you are probably right that, outside of the NESCAC or some of the other top 20 D3 schools making offers, a lot of high level kids just chose not to play, whether due to the fact that they do not want the commitment, or perhaps because they are embarrassed that they put in all of the time and energy playing club and things did not work out.
I'd throw burnout onto that short list of reasons. So many kids in this hyper-focused, specialized age of youth sports hit a wall man. See it all the time. The lack of athletic diversity starting at age 6-7 that I've seen in my own backyard just breeds it. So many for profit organizations out there that have zero interest in slowing the train down. Deserves it's own thread, but man, it's bananas.
I live in an area where the 3 sport HS athlete is making a comeback. Most of the club coaches preach multi-sport, as do the HS coaches. The sport itself is growing at a breakneck pace, over 220 HS programs in our state, double of what we had 20 yrs ago. I don't see kids quitting, if anything I see more participation from the kids that were marginal players via D2, D3, and the MCLA club leagues. I know kids playing Tenn, FSU, SC, GT, Col, the D2 Fla circuit is pretty good as well. The NESCAC or bust thing is a non-factor in my opinion. If kids want to play, and they're good enough, they'll find a school.
Club coaches say they like multi-sport athletes until it hits their bottomline....
Then you need to find another club.
I would say sadly it's the majority....especially in the NE
Honestly, we never experienced that in NJ.
That is good...I just hope the sport doesn't take the juniors hockey route...my assumption is I'm probably too late in wishing it won't turn out that way...Sport might not be big enough to ever get there tho...
"Another season, another sport"...that was our motto.
justanotherperson

Post by justanotherperson »

Shifting gears a little bit where do you project the standings of the NESCAC teams will be in 3 years now that COVID classes are for the most part gone, current recruiting classes and current coaches (as I don’t see a lot of turnover in the near future). In other words, who has the upward trajectory
Dadof3

Post by Dadof3 »

My Nescac EoY standings:
Bowdoin
Tufts
Midd
Amherst
Conn
Trinity
Williams
Hamilton
Wesleyan
Colby
Bates
Laxguy456

Post by Laxguy456 »

Here is my Pre-season standings:

Assumptions and information utilized:
• Team websites
• Assumes Seniors are not doing a Graduate year
• 2024 Freshmen are not factored into the analysis
• Watching 2023 games
• Transfers not factored into the analysis

Pre-Season Rankings
1. Bowdoin
2. Middlebury
3. Tufts
4. Connecticut College
5. Amherst
6. Williams
7. Trinity
8. Hamilton
9. Wesleyan
10. Colby
11. Bates

Supporting Information:
1. Bowdoin
• Based on the assumptions above Bowdoin does not lose anyone from last years team, which finished the 16th rank team in the country
• Starters are all back! (Please correct me if I am wrong)
• Notable returners:
o O - Patrick Fitzgerald, Jason Lach, Will Byrne (57% of goals and 44% of dimes)
o D - Nate Ryan, Jed Hoggard, Aidan Philie (36% of CT and 10% of the teams GBs)
o FO - Ethan Barnard (winning 62% of draws taken)
• The coaching staff has up graded the out of conference schedule

2. Middlebury
• The 2023 8th ranked team in the country losing 13 seniors for the 2024 season
• Notable loses:
o O - William Ryan, Tom Conley, Jack Sheehan (31% of goals and 19% of dimes)
o D - Luke Simpson, Finn Muldoon (26% of CT and 15% of the teams GBs)
• Notable returners:
o O - Billy Curtis, Russell Thorndike, Patrick Jamin (29% of goals and 17% of dimes)
o D - Drew Dummer, Teddy Curran, Hayden Kern (G) (24% of CT and 15% of the teams GBs)
o FO - William Munroe (winning 48% of draws taken)
• The 2023 team was a very athletic team, looking for the 2024 team to continue in their success for this year

3. Tufts
• The 2023 2nd ranked team in the country losing a ton for the 2024 season (Entire starting Attack line, Face off starter, 2 of their top defenders…13 seniors in total)
• Notable loses:
o O - Jack Boyden, Kurt Bruun, Tommy Swank (43% of goals and 57% of dimes)
o D - Kyle Adelmann, Joe Murtha (23% of CT and 13% of the teams GBs)
o FO – Mason Kohn (winning 72% of draws taken)
• Notable returners:
o O - Charlie Tagliaferri, Jack Regnery, Kevin Christmas (20% of goals and 11% of dimes)
o D - George Panagopoulos, Michael Ayers, Joey Waldbaum (33% of CT and 16% of the teams GBs)
o FO - Victor Salcedo (winning 52% of the 211 draws taken)
• Will be interested to see what Coach D'Annolfo does at attack for the 2024 season, will have a good first test as they face the team that allowed the fewest goals in the NESCAC last year – Connecticut College to start their season

4. Connecticut College
• The Camels are set to have a good 2024 campaign, they return a very solid defence back stopped by Will Rice (as previously mentioned they allowed the fewest goals in the NESCAC in 2023). They graduate five seniors.
• Notable loses:
o O – Jared Rainville (20% of goals and 27% of dimes)
o D - Jack Venturelli (12% of CT and 10% of the teams GBs)
• Notable returners:
o O - Aidan McAvoy, Liam Horkan, Jack Tenzer, (33% of goals and 21% of dimes)
o D - Nick McLaughlin, Henry Cabot, Myles Newport (32% of CT and 23% of the teams GBs)
o FO - Aidan Gaudet (winning 48% of the 175 draws taken)
• Coach Nagle brought in a new Offensive coordinator this year and if the Camels are to have a breakout year, they will need to get the ball in the back of the cage (second last in scoring only to Bates last year) The 2024 schedule is still not on the team’s website.

5. Amherst
• The 2023 Mammoths the 8th ranked team in the country losing 12 seniors for the 2024 season including the team’s point leader.
• Notable loses:
o O – Tanyr Krummenacher, Matt Adams, Bayard DeMallie (42% of goals and 36% of dimes)
o D - Brodie Rayment, Jack McHugh, Robinson Armour (36% of CT and 21% of the teams GBs)
• Notable returners:
o O - Bob Gross, Jake Bennett, Connor Guest (29% of goals and 49% of dimes)
o D - Lawson Laverty, Thompson Lau, Ryan Rahbany (51% of CT and 15% of the teams GBs)
o FO - Nicholas Kopp (winning 57% of the 534 draws taken)
• Coach Wood will look to run the offence through the NESCAC Rookie of the year and second leading points getter on the team. The 2024 schedule is still not on the team’s website.

6. Williams
• The 2023 Ephs the 15th ranked team in the country losing 9 seniors for the 2024 season including the team’s starting goalie.
• Notable loses:
o O – No one (Please let me know if I am wrong)
o D - Ian Di Pietro, Matthew Freitas (G), Owen Roegge (21% of CT and 29% of the teams GBs)
• Notable returners:
o O - Calvin Caputo, Finlay MacKnight, Jesse Shapiro (44% of goals and 41% of dimes)
o D - Patrick Gaul, Eddie Loyd, Sam Cragin (38% of CT and 14% of the teams GBs)
o FO – Ian Kim (winning 42% of the 306 draws taken)
• Big question mark for Coach McCormack who will he look to replace Freitas in the cage with -maybe Junior Matt Wetmore. The Ephs have loaded up a tough non-conference schedule for 2024.

7. Trinity
• The Bantams are only losing 4 seniors for the 2024 season but two of them were their top 2 points leaders in 2023.
• Notable loses:
o O – Harrison Ike, Ryan Werner (32% of goals and 40% of dimes)
• Notable returners:
o O - Jon Krikorian, Ethan Cobb, Andrew Bailey (34% of goals and 34% of dimes)
o D - John Cowdrick, Hugh Curran (34% of CT and 17% of the teams GBs)
o FO – Dane Crowley (winning 51% of the 356 draws taken)
• Can Coach Tarnow rely on the under class men to take the reins and lead the team in scoring. Looking at the 2024 schedule there are less than formidable opponents…

8. Hamilton
• Hamilton is losing 14 seniors for the 2024 season.
• Notable loses:
o O –Torben Wunderle, Rowan Brumbaugh, Tim Sommer (16% of goals and 59% of dimes)
o D - Tim Sommer, Cole Johnson (12% of CT and 9% of the teams GBs)
• Notable returners:
o O - Thomas Healy, Justin Pearl, Christian Byrne (12% of goals and 21% of dimes)
o D - Jayme Wilde , Cash Wiley, Carter Hampson (38% of CT and 16% of the teams GBs)
o FO – Reece Hickey (winning 47% of the 287 draws taken)
• Coach Barnard will look to keep the Continental’s in the NESCAC playoff for the 2024 season.

9. Wesleyan
• The 2023 Cardinals are losing 16 seniors for the 2024 season.
• Notable loses:
o O – Justin Hazard, Matt Gill, Jack Raba (32% of goals and 50% of dimes)
o D - David DeMartino (8% of CT and 2% of the teams GBs)
• Notable returners:
o O - CK Giancola, DJ Dixon, Will Shull (34% of goals and 20% of dimes)
o D - Charlie Silver, Jared Cohen, Charlie Wilmot (23% of CT and 25% of the teams GBs)
o FO – Tyler Campbell (winning 55% of the 227 draws taken)
• Looks like a rebuilding year for Coach Raba’s the Cardinals losing a lot (Goalie, SSDM, Attack…) Also inferring from the 2024 schedule as the Cardinals non-conference is not nearly as tough as contenders for the NESCAC title.

10. Colby
• The Mules made a big move in the off-season hiring Jake Bernhardt in the late summer so not looking to see in roster impact this year. The Mules graduate 16 seniors.
• Notable loses:
o O – Jack Goller, Henry Popko, Nick Hassan (42% of goals and 24% of dimes)
o D - Davis Strabley (10% of CT and 6% of the teams GBs)
• Notable returners:
o O - Bennett Goller, Max Solmssen (19% of goals and 22% of dimes)
o D - Jackson Alvord,Hayden Critchell (19% of CT and 10% of the teams GBs)
o FO – Justin Turley (winning 54% of the 394 draws taken)

11. Bates
• The Bobcats looking to produce a win in the NESCAC in 2024. The Bobcats graduate 8 seniors.
• Notable loses:
o O – Malcolm Klingbeil (15% of goals and 1% of dimes)
o D – No one (Please let me know if I am wrong)
• Notable returners:
o O - Wil Masterson, Jake Johnson, Alex Horowitz (39% of goals and 49% of dimes)
o D - Colton Curtis, Quinn Berry, Ben Miller (40% of CT and 17% of the teams GBs)
smoova

Post by smoova »

Laxguy456 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:10 pm Here is my Pre-season standings:
Really appreciate the impressive amount of effort that went into your rankings. Unfortunately, "notable losses" are really tough to nail down this year because a number of players who were listed as "seniors" on 2023 rosters declined to graduate, took the fall semester off and are returning for a final season of eligibility as "super seniors." The result is some teams will lose far fewer players than expected (e.g. Midd only loses 2 of the 5 players that @laxguy456 listed), which is why I have a slightly different take in my own NESCAC projection:

1. Midd - Returns almost all contributors, but opposing defenses found weak spots during the 2023 postseason, so lather/rinse/repeat will not get the Panthers a better result in 2024. Campbell makes some tweaks and guides a more physical lineup to a NESCAC championship.
2. Amherst - Losing #6 and #7 to graduation leaves holes (and opportunities) on offense, but Woods' fire on the sideline and a group of talented underclassmen fuels the Mammoths' run to the NESCAC finals.
3. Tufts - An amazing culture for winning and dominance at the faceoff dot isn't enough to offset the well-documented graduation losses. Jury is out on whether D'Annolfo can quickly reload from his most-recent recruiting classes.
4. Wes - Disappointing 2023 season where the team looked strangely out of step and (IMO) grossly underperformed. Roster is absolutely loaded with talent and the Cards benefit from some new faces in the 2024 starting lineup along with a fresh offensive coordinator/approach.
5. Conn - The NESCAC’s gritty overachievers lose a big contributor on each end of the field, but a nice youth movement underwritten by recent admissions/aid largesse keeps the Camels chugging up the rankings.
6. Bowdoin - While the Brunswick Bruins return their top 6 scorers, a green OC charged with coaching his old teammates (which reportedly did not go well this fall) will make it tough to find the 2022 magic again.
7. Williams - The Ephs sputtered to end 2023 and have new assistants up and down the bench. Top 6 scorers return, but GMac will be trotting out an inexperienced (or rookie) keeper for 2024.
8. Hamilton - Although the Colonial's had a strong finish in 2023 (taking Midd to 2OT in the playoffs), losses to graduation (especially #6 who was an absolute horse all over the field) and strong recruiting classes at other programs knock the Colonials down a rung.
9. Trinity - Young roster with good talent, but undisciplined play limits the Bantams' opportunities for success. 
10. Bates - Annino has a year under his belt and a maturing roster. Bobcats cautiously emerge from the cellar.
11. Colby - GVA did not leave this team in a strong position. Takes time for Bernhardt to (i) install his culture/system, (ii) learn to coach against more skilled squads and (iii) lure talented recruits to Waterville.
nelaxman

Post by nelaxman »

To hard to guess at this stuff until you see full rosters. I heard Wesleyan brings back Raba and Hazard on attack as well as both returning SSDM’s as graduate students.
smoova

Post by smoova »

nelaxman wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:58 am To hard to guess at this stuff until you see full rosters. I heard Wesleyan brings back Raba and Hazard on attack as well as both returning SSDM’s as graduate students.
Very true. Interesting about Raba/Hazard - after watching several 2023 Wes games in person, I felt like they were a team in need of a little shakeup on offense (especially toward the end of the season). Regardless, we can all take another crack at projections when rosters come out in around a month ... just grateful to see something other than troll posts from disgruntled dads in the thread.
SaltCounty

Post by SaltCounty »

This league (more than any other) plays out based on who you play, when... and where that game is...

1 - Midd (Hosting Amherst early & Tufts late is a good scenario for them)
2 - Tufts (CNU & RIT will have them ready for their late Midd - Amherst - Bowdoin stretch)
3 - Amherst (Momentum of 2 Bowdoin Wins - NCAA Win - competitive game with Salisbury helps them)
4 - Bowdoin (Does another year of these key guys help their gameplan, or their opponents gameplan...)
5 - Wesleyan (If Raba/Hazard are actually back to play with Giancola/Dixon they'll be very good... Bowdoin @ Wes in Birdcage on 4/20 flips this)
6 - Trinity (Will get their 1st win @ home v. Williams with Coach Tarnow; sandwiched between William's RPI & CNU games)
7 - Williams (Tufts, @ Amherst, @ Bowdoin, @ Midd in April... they need to start fast)
8 - Conn (They are trending in the right direction... they should be excited to host Bowdoin 3/16 & relieved to host Hamilton)
9 - Hamilton (They might have the hardest adjustment to graduation - but they do host a lot of league games in 24...)
10A / 10B - Bates @ Colby (It's whoever is healthier / playing better at the end)
Laxguy456

Post by Laxguy456 »

smoova wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:36 pm
Laxguy456 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:10 pm Here is my Pre-season standings:
Really appreciate the impressive amount of effort that went into your rankings. Unfortunately, "notable losses" are really tough to nail down this year because a number of players who were listed as "seniors" on 2023 rosters declined to graduate, took the fall semester off and are returning for a final season of eligibility as "super seniors." The result is some teams will lose far fewer players than expected (e.g. Midd only loses 2 of the 5 players that @laxguy456 listed), which is why I have a slightly different take in my own NESCAC projection:

1. Midd - Returns almost all contributors, but opposing defenses found weak spots during the 2023 postseason, so lather/rinse/repeat will not get the Panthers a better result in 2024. Campbell makes some tweaks and guides a more physical lineup to a NESCAC championship.
2. Amherst - Losing #6 and #7 to graduation leaves holes (and opportunities) on offense, but Woods' fire on the sideline and a group of talented underclassmen fuels the Mammoths' run to the NESCAC finals.
3. Tufts - An amazing culture for winning and dominance at the faceoff dot isn't enough to offset the well-documented graduation losses. Jury is out on whether D'Annolfo can quickly reload from his most-recent recruiting classes.
4. Wes - Disappointing 2023 season where the team looked strangely out of step and (IMO) grossly underperformed. Roster is absolutely loaded with talent and the Cards benefit from some new faces in the 2024 starting lineup along with a fresh offensive coordinator/approach.
5. Conn - The NESCAC’s gritty overachievers lose a big contributor on each end of the field, but a nice youth movement underwritten by recent admissions/aid largesse keeps the Camels chugging up the rankings.
6. Bowdoin - While the Brunswick Bruins return their top 6 scorers, a green OC charged with coaching his old teammates (which reportedly did not go well this fall) will make it tough to find the 2022 magic again.
7. Williams - The Ephs sputtered to end 2023 and have new assistants up and down the bench. Top 6 scorers return, but GMac will be trotting out an inexperienced (or rookie) keeper for 2024.
8. Hamilton - Although the Colonial's had a strong finish in 2023 (taking Midd to 2OT in the playoffs), losses to graduation (especially #6 who was an absolute horse all over the field) and strong recruiting classes at other programs knock the Colonials down a rung.
9. Trinity - Young roster with good talent, but undisciplined play limits the Bantams' opportunities for success. 
10. Bates - Annino has a year under his belt and a maturing roster. Bobcats cautiously emerge from the cellar.
11. Colby - GVA did not leave this team in a strong position. Takes time for Bernhardt to (i) install his culture/system, (ii) learn to coach against more skilled squads and (iii) lure talented recruits to Waterville.
Thanks @Smoova - was not aware that there were that many "Super Seniors". Huge NESCAC fan and agree it would be good to talk about the up coming NESCAC season (like the insight you provided). I will take a stab at my "revised" rankings once the rosters are up.
choochooCharlie

Post by choochooCharlie »

RE6ULATOR wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:48 pm So to segue to something more NESCAC centered, take Tufts from last year, remove any 6 players of your choice and give them the best 6 NJIT players. Is that enough to push them over my Gulls for the ‘ship?
I assume you’re being facetious, but I could see Bowie, Corey and Wasitowski helping quite a bit if they were swapped for depth Tufts players.
RE6ULATOR

Post by RE6ULATOR »

choochooCharlie wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:43 am
RE6ULATOR wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:48 pm So to segue to something more NESCAC centered, take Tufts from last year, remove any 6 players of your choice and give them the best 6 NJIT players. Is that enough to push them over my Gulls for the ‘ship?
I assume you’re being facetious, but I could see Bowie, Corey and Wasitowski helping quite a bit if they were swapped for depth Tufts players.
C’mon…
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

RE6ULATOR wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:33 pm
choochooCharlie wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:43 am
C’mon…
They lost a lot...I'm thinking they need those Duke guys going to Bates.
BanksAndTheBeanStalk

Post by BanksAndTheBeanStalk »

Everyone knows NESCAC is the SEC of DIII lacrosse. In honor of CFP National Championship dropping my team by team comparison based on last years season. Anticipate big shake up of these after the 2024 season comes to a close.

NESCAC-SEC Comparisons:
Tufts: Bama, self explanatory players like Boyden, Bredahl, Waldbaum align with Hurts, Bryce Young, Tua (key clarification: D’Annolfo is NOT Saban, hasn’t proven he can win the Natty like Saban can)

Middlebury: Tennessee, lots of success in the 90s still have good teams now. Middlebury VT kinda gives me the Rocky Top vibes as well, feel like that’s doesn’t need to be explained.

Amherst: Georgia, apart from recent UGA nattys similar level of competitiveness with top teams and strong playmakers. Also Sean Woods = Kirby Smart??? Perhaps… more data needed.

Williams: Texas A&M, thinks they’re more relevant to scene than they are. Has had some top notch playmakers historically.

Bowdoin: Ole Miss, running out of teams, either them or Missouri based on standings. Getting Ole Miss vibes here, unsure why. Also two great mascots (Polar Bear and Landshark). Could earn Missouri with a successful 2024 campaign.

Trinity: Florida, bad recently (off-field issues) however, never to be slept on. Could have some gritty wins ahead of them.

Wesleyan: LSU, got their one (recent) natty but are either great or BAD. Got big individual player awards without the post season success to show for it last year (4 USLAX All Americans and the Heisman).

Conn: Auburn, good defense, relies on run game offense. Based on last season, one score games with all the top teams. Think Jim Nagle and Hugh Freeze are both a great coaches that don’t get the attention.

Hamilton: Kentucky, like who the hell is a fan of Kentucky and also like I forget they’re in the SEC.

Colby: Arkansas, low moment now, won’t be bad for long. Also running out of teams.

Bates: Vandy, (ass).

Will not be taking any critiques, thank you.
jumpman23

Post by jumpman23 »

SaltCounty wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:55 pm This league (more than any other) plays out based on who you play, when... and where that game is...

1 - Midd (Hosting Amherst early & Tufts late is a good scenario for them)
2 - Tufts (CNU & RIT will have them ready for their late Midd - Amherst - Bowdoin stretch)
3 - Amherst (Momentum of 2 Bowdoin Wins - NCAA Win - competitive game with Salisbury helps them)
4 - Bowdoin (Does another year of these key guys help their gameplan, or their opponents gameplan...)
5 - Wesleyan (If Raba/Hazard are actually back to play with Giancola/Dixon they'll be very good... Bowdoin @ Wes in Birdcage on 4/20 flips this)
6 - Trinity (Will get their 1st win @ home v. Williams with Coach Tarnow; sandwiched between William's RPI & CNU games)
7 - Williams (Tufts, @ Amherst, @ Bowdoin, @ Midd in April... they need to start fast)
8 - Conn (They are trending in the right direction... they should be excited to host Bowdoin 3/16 & relieved to host Hamilton)
9 - Hamilton (They might have the hardest adjustment to graduation - but they do host a lot of league games in 24...)
10A / 10B - Bates @ Colby (It's whoever is healthier / playing better at the end)

Anyone know when Amherst or Hamilton schedules will be out? Anyone know why Bowdoin is only playing 14 games? When do rosters usually get updated? Thanks in advance.
RE6ULATOR

Post by RE6ULATOR »

jumpman23 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:25 pm Anyone know when Amherst or Hamilton schedules will be out? Anyone know why Bowdoin is only playing 14 games? When do rosters usually get updated? Thanks in advance.
Amherst schedule: https://x.com/woodslaxcoach/status/1744 ... 55617?s=46

Scrimmaging NJIT TBD
smoova

Post by smoova »

BanksAndTheBeanStalk wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:47 pm Everyone knows NESCAC is the SEC of DIII lacrosse. In honor of CFP National Championship dropping my team by team comparison based on last years season. Anticipate big shake up of these after the 2024 season comes to a close.
Interesting and amusing exercise. Lots of (uncomfortable) truth in there.
SaltCounty

Post by SaltCounty »

RE6ULATOR wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:49 pm
jumpman23 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:25 pm Anyone know when Amherst or Hamilton schedules will be out? Anyone know why Bowdoin is only playing 14 games? When do rosters usually get updated? Thanks in advance.
Amherst schedule: https://x.com/woodslaxcoach/status/1744 ... 55617?s=46

Scrimmaging NJIT TBD
Disappointing not to see WNE on their schedule.
One-sided result last year, but it's been a great WMASS game for a long time.
Meatballs6

Post by Meatballs6 »

BanksAndTheBeanStalk wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:47 pm Everyone knows NESCAC is the SEC of DIII lacrosse. In honor of CFP National Championship dropping my team by team comparison based on last years season. Anticipate big shake up of these after the 2024 season comes to a close.

NESCAC-SEC Comparisons:
Tufts: Bama, self explanatory players like Boyden, Bredahl, Waldbaum align with Hurts, Bryce Young, Tua (key clarification: D’Annolfo is NOT Saban, hasn’t proven he can win the Natty like Saban can)

Middlebury: Tennessee, lots of success in the 90s still have good teams now. Middlebury VT kinda gives me the Rocky Top vibes as well, feel like that’s doesn’t need to be explained.

Amherst: Georgia, apart from recent UGA nattys similar level of competitiveness with top teams and strong playmakers. Also Sean Woods = Kirby Smart??? Perhaps… more data needed.

Williams: Texas A&M, thinks they’re more relevant to scene than they are. Has had some top notch playmakers historically.

Bowdoin: Ole Miss, running out of teams, either them or Missouri based on standings. Getting Ole Miss vibes here, unsure why. Also two great mascots (Polar Bear and Landshark). Could earn Missouri with a successful 2024 campaign.

Trinity: Florida, bad recently (off-field issues) however, never to be slept on. Could have some gritty wins ahead of them.

Wesleyan: LSU, got their one (recent) natty but are either great or BAD. Got big individual player awards without the post season success to show for it last year (4 USLAX All Americans and the Heisman).

Conn: Auburn, good defense, relies on run game offense. Based on last season, one score games with all the top teams. Think Jim Nagle and Hugh Freeze are both a great coaches that don’t get the attention.

Hamilton: Kentucky, like who the hell is a fan of Kentucky and also like I forget they’re in the SEC.

Colby: Arkansas, low moment now, won’t be bad for long. Also running out of teams.

Bates: Vandy, (ass).

Will not be taking any critiques, thank you.
I think with the recent of retirement of saban, the Tufts/Alabama comparison only gets stronger now. That was the one "flaw" with the comparison, and now that Saban's gone it gets stronger.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”