Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
get it to x

Re: Orange Duce

Post by get it to x »

Brooklyn wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 1:22 pm Orange Douche sends US naval vessel to provoke trouble with Iran. Obviously, his puppet string master is telling him what to do:

This thread should really be re-named "Orange Delusion". Do I need to find the clip of HRC on her campaign plane around 11/5/16 where she said she was "Horrified" that Trump might not accept the results of the election? Now she's saying it was stolen from her.

Nice Anti-Semitic cartoon BTW.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
calourie

Post by calourie »

get it to x wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 1:57 pm
calourie wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 9:49 am Trump's seeming unwillingness to brook any further scrutiny of his finances and behavior on the part of congress has moved me over to bring articles of impeachment proceedings against him in the house whenever there are enough democrats with the stones to do so camp. The Constitution was designed to prevent the kind of autocratic behavior that the Dumpster is now completely insisting on and that point needs to be made patently clear to the American people by the institutions the document set up to do so.
[/quote/]

Maybe we can trade Trump’s tax returns for the names of the members of Congress that settled all of the employee complaints, most likely sexual harassment.

With our tax dollars BTW.
Whataboutism at its' finest, Take It to X. Why even bother about addressing the issue at hand.
calourie

Post by calourie »

The issue at hand is Trump thinking he is entitled to operate outside the rules set forth in the Constitution that apply to the balance of power. There is a law on the books stating that the Treasury Department "shall" turn over the tax returns of any US citizen requested by congress for purposes of congressional oversight no matter what the reason for the request. For those not in the know the law was passed to avoid the political misdeeds that occurred during the Teapot Dome Scandal back in the twenties. Try keeping your focus on that particular political issue if you will (or can). Cleaning up political sexual malfeasance is a separate matter entirely and should be dealt with as such.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

calourie wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:29 pm The issue at hand is Trump thinking he is entitled to operate outside the rules set forth in the Constitution that apply to the balance of power. There is a law on the books stating that the Treasury Department "shall" turn over the tax returns of any US citizen requested by congress for purposes of congressional oversight no matter what the reason for the request. For those not in the know the law was passed to avoid the political misdeeds that occurred during the Teapot Dome Scandal back in the twenties. Try keeping your focus on that particular political issue if you will (or can). Cleaning up political sexual malfeasance is a separate matter entirely and should be dealt with as such.
Oversight is one thing. Apparently the IRS has audited Trump as a private citizen many times over, so I'm not sure what the compelling interest is as they have never charged him with fraud or evasion. Unless, off course, this is just opposition research for 2020 disguised as oversight.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

get it to x wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 5:33 am
calourie wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:29 pm The issue at hand is Trump thinking he is entitled to operate outside the rules set forth in the Constitution that apply to the balance of power. There is a law on the books stating that the Treasury Department "shall" turn over the tax returns of any US citizen requested by congress for purposes of congressional oversight no matter what the reason for the request. For those not in the know the law was passed to avoid the political misdeeds that occurred during the Teapot Dome Scandal back in the twenties. Try keeping your focus on that particular political issue if you will (or can). Cleaning up political sexual malfeasance is a separate matter entirely and should be dealt with as such.
Oversight is one thing. Apparently the IRS has audited Trump as a private citizen many times over, so I'm not sure what the compelling interest is as they have never charged him with fraud or evasion. Unless, off course, this is just opposition research for 2020 disguised as oversight.
Oversight is indeed "one thing"...Congress, not the IRS does "oversight" of things like political corruption, bank fraud, insurance fraud, etc.

But, notwithstanding that audits aren't 'oversight', how do you know the IRS has audited Trump "many times over"?
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Fact is the only evidence the IRS has audited him many times is the word of a guy who has lied more than 10,000 times I. his first two years.

Second tax returns provide details of financial dealings regardless of whether a tax was paid or not. It reveals insight and details that can support or refute various questions of legality of action.

All that is irrelevant because it has been a law to hp root out corruption for decades. Trump is clearly hiding something. In fact his administration routinely violated federal laws on transparency and reporting. Trump himself said he had no problem releasing them and promised to release them. Oops. His family has been mobbed up since his dad got into bed with Lucky Luciano.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

"Apparently" That is F'ing pathetic.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Tweet from r hero o d, dated 07.17.12:

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

For the sake of transparency, @BarackObama should release all his college applications and transcripts--both from Occidental and Columbia.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

get it to x wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 6:32 pm
Nice Anti-Semitic cartoon BTW.

Funny line. It's what was said about a recent toon in the NY Times, too. Very ironic when you consider the religious origin of the Ochs, Sulzbergers, and Rosenthals. Ditto for me as I can actually point to some of my Jewish ancestors in the Bible. But, as always, let's not get too personal, here. ;)
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Mitch McConnell, who told the Obama administration it should not go more public with warnings that Russia was trying to tilt the 2016 election, is now saying that focus on Mueller is distracting from where the real focus should be: Russia’s interference in elections.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Gundlach from Doubleline Capital just gave a virtuoso explanation of our debt on CNBC.

He said that without the deficit spending, US GDP over the last three years would be negative. We're running on debt. Just as I've been explaining for 20 years.

He then asked the question: given this reality, what happens when deficit spending finally slows? And we're not prepared for a slowing. And he mentioned the ridiculous amount of debt corporations are holding.

THIS is why Congress doesn't cut. It has nothing to do with anything other than keeping the party going. And making the Federal government bigger is what makes the entire world, party.

He also pegs the Chinese tariffs as a 50%+ chance of happening. Sweet.
a fan

Post by a fan »

More great news.....

Lefty pinko Commie Bloomberg Headline:
Don’t Be Shocked If Trump’s Economy Goes the Way of Bush’s
The formula is basically the same: tax cuts, higher spending and deregulation.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/artic ... iOF__eUktM
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

another reason why we call him "Orange Douche":

It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

CU88 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 11:49 am
Mitch McConnell, who told the Obama administration it should not go more public with warnings that Russia was trying to tilt the 2016 election, is now saying that focus on Mueller is distracting from where the real focus should be: Russia’s interference in elections.
Does Mitch sit next to Zuckerblurb at family gatherings?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 1:01 pm More great news.....

Lefty pinko Commie Bloomberg Headline:
Don’t Be Shocked If Trump’s Economy Goes the Way of Bush’s
The formula is basically the same: tax cuts, higher spending and deregulation.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/artic ... iOF__eUktM
Never going to happen. TAATS Congress enacted plenty of laws to prevent any sort of economic issues and we have plenty of safeguards to stop the plunge. :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

They said the same thing before 2008.

BUT as long as the USA runs up it’s trade and fiscal deficits and the surpluses are recycled back because we are the de facto world currency we can keep the cycle going for awhile.

Trump gutted the Bank Reforms put in place. We have further deregulated none of it is good. The tax cut provided a huge fiscal stimulus giving growth a big boost. Trump wants interest rates lowered to provide another huge boost with monetary stimulus. The Fed is supposed to provide price stability.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Trump can’t gut laws
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

runrussellrun wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 4:53 pm Trump can’t gut laws
Yeah but he can take actions that are unlawful. Keep defending that stain.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Actually he can gut enforcement of laws, and the rules that help in that matter.

But the real news tonight is from the NY Times: "Decade in the Red: Trump Tax Figures Show over $1 Billion in Losses" https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... e=Homepage

Figures are from the tax years 1985-1994, and indirectly obtained, but convincing that the Times has the correct information...
In fact, year after year, Mr. Trump appears to have lost more money than nearly any other individual American taxpayer, The Times found when it compared his results with detailed information the I.R.S. compiles on an annual sampling of high-income earners. His core business losses in 1990 and 1991 — more than $250 million each year — were more than double those of the nearest taxpayers in the I.R.S. information for those years.
This period of time is from some time ago, but corresponds to when Trump was building his rep as a "dealmaker"

Co-Author Susanne Craig (from Twitter):
His losses were so big that in 1991 they accounted for fully 1% of all business losses declared that year by individual American taxpayers.
We now have tax info on Fred Trump & Donald Trump for a number of years. The upshot: Fred always made a lot of money. Donald always lost a lot of money.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

RedFromMI wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 7:51 pm Actually he can gut enforcement of laws, and the rules that help in that matter.

But the real news tonight is from the NY Times: "Decade in the Red: Trump Tax Figures Show over $1 Billion in Losses" https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... e=Homepage

Figures are from the tax years 1985-1994, and indirectly obtained, but convincing that the Times has the correct information...
In fact, year after year, Mr. Trump appears to have lost more money than nearly any other individual American taxpayer, The Times found when it compared his results with detailed information the I.R.S. compiles on an annual sampling of high-income earners. His core business losses in 1990 and 1991 — more than $250 million each year — were more than double those of the nearest taxpayers in the I.R.S. information for those years.
This period of time is from some time ago, but corresponds to when Trump was building his rep as a "dealmaker"

Co-Author Susanne Craig (from Twitter):
His losses were so big that in 1991 they accounted for fully 1% of all business losses declared that year by individual American taxpayers.
We now have tax info on Fred Trump & Donald Trump for a number of years. The upshot: Fred always made a lot of money. Donald always lost a lot of money.
:lol: see bolded...What the hell does that mean? :roll:

85-94? While you're at it, why not look to see if his first checkbook was balanced. Pathetic...

Return to “POLITICS”