Coaching Carousel 2024

D1 Womens Lacrosse
spidey44

Re: Coaching Carousel 2024

Post by spidey44 »

Relax77 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 10:14 am
MolonLaxe wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 9:25 am I may be a little behind but it appears Mike Bedford is no longer with Jacksonville as an assistant coach. Anyone have any more info?
Wow. Here comes the FSU rumor.
Quick search and found his linkedin. Seems like he's moving on from coaching from the looks of it.
MolonLaxe

Post by MolonLaxe »

spidey44 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 10:21 am
Relax77 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 10:14 am
MolonLaxe wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 9:25 am I may be a little behind but it appears Mike Bedford is no longer with Jacksonville as an assistant coach. Anyone have any more info?
Wow. Here comes the FSU rumor.
Quick search and found his linkedin. Seems like he's moving on from coaching from the looks of it.
I just looked there, too. Appears he wants to stay in the Jax area. He does have a wife (that’s working) and little kid, so maybe that’s the reason for the change. Maybe Singleton didn’t like him as much or maybe he didn’t like her. Always thought he was an interesting guy.
suffolk

Post by suffolk »

Fischer wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 7:07 pm I see the gators have an opening for an assistant coach Anyone have insight on that Seems weird
The Florida position has been filled.
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

suffolk wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 4:28 pm
Fischer wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 7:07 pm I see the gators have an opening for an assistant coach Anyone have insight on that Seems weird
I believe Hicklen from Pitt
Fischer

Post by Fischer »

spidey44 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 5:41 pm
suffolk wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 4:28 pm
I believe Hicklen from Pitt
If this is true Great hire Former gator and coaches with Thorpe at Pitt
suffolk

Post by suffolk »

Yes true Hicklen moves from Pitt to Florida
hofstrapride1

Post by hofstrapride1 »

https://gohofstra.com/news/2024/8/12/wo ... staff.aspx

Hofstra adds longtime Stony Brook assistant Greg Micelli to be new offensive coordinator. Solid add for Hofstra and from Stony Brook perspective perhaps related to rumors of Spallina leaving after next season?
wlaxjunkie

Post by wlaxjunkie »

610Lax wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 1:57 am
Laxfan212 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 11:20 pm
LaxPundit07 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 11:10 pm
laxfan9999 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 10:47 pm
LaxDadMax wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:28 pm anyone have any insight on what is going on at Xavier?

Heard from my daughter who is a freshman at another school (but had a club teammate at Xavier) that more than half the Xavier team entered the portal last week. Assume its a coaching issue..
Xavier coach brought her husband on as an assistant with no lacrosse experience. Terrible coach, no people skills and little support from school doesn’t make for a good program.

Are you sure this is how you want to describe Matt Zink and Meg Decker? Maybe the guy is doing the best he can while dealing with the side effects of trial treatments for his cancer? Find someone else to pick on.

https://www.usalacrosse.com/magazine/co ... meg-decker

I wish no harm upon either of these coaches and hope for health and healing. But when it comes to her coaching, many have described her style as abusive. Of course you have to take it with a grain of salt but I’ve heard the reviews on this page are pretty spot-on. https://www.2adays.com/coaches/meg-decker-46914
Was just looking at the 2adays website and was surprised to not see Meg Decker(Xavier) listed under a search for D1 Women's Lacrosse coaches as she had been near the top of the reviews based off overall number of reviews with a very low score. When I searched her on the site, I was brought to the profile that the link in the above post takes you to, and found it very interesting to see how her profile has been edited so it doesn't appear in searches for D1 coaches.

Her profile actually shows her current position as Head Women's Lacrosse coach at St. Xavier University in Chicago, IL and the Division is listed as NAIA. St. Xavier doesn't have a women's lacrosse program, only a men's club team, and she's never coached or attended the school as she's still at Xavier University in Cincinnati. By her being listed as an NAIA coach at a different school(St. X is an NAIA school in other sports), she does not show up in a search for D1 coaches and only shows up if you search her directly. Her reviews are pretty harsh so I wouldn't blame her or someone affiliated with her or Xavier with wanting to hide them but its not a good look to try to hide your profile on the site to avoid recruits from accessing the comments, whether she did it or someone affiliated with her or the program did.

11 players in the portal is a bad enough look, this doesn't help in building the program, which is a shame.
First of all, Matt Zink and Meg Decker are not married. That was a lie she told her Hartford team so that she could escape the embarrassment of getting pregnant out of wedlock. She kept it going until it didn’t work for her at Xavier, then told the truth, and he was hired as her assistant. Matt has been through a lot of cancer treatments but anyone I have ever met who faced death head on became a better person. Not him. Matt was just fired for Title IX violations at Xavier. His profile has been found on dating sites and he is an all around questionable human being. I think his treatments affected his brain or maybe just his heart. Decker believes she is lacrosse dynasty and untouchable but her record speaks for itself in no uncertain teams. She is a terrible coach and a manipulative narcissist and I expect to see the guard change this next year. She is looking at more transfers after fall season and you can’t have success when you can’t keep the ones you’ve trained. Her team isn’t bad, they come out swinging and then she starts coaching and they lose. Under different coaching, Xavier would be a successful team.
VAMomGlax2019

Post by VAMomGlax2019 »

wlaxjunkie wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 2:59 pm
LaxDadMax wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:28 pm anyone have any insight on what is going on at Xavier?

Heard from my daughter who is a freshman at another school (but had a club teammate at Xavier) that more than half the Xavier team entered the portal last week. Assume its a coaching issue..
Xavier coach brought her husband on as an assistant with no lacrosse experience. Terrible coach, no people skills and little support from school doesn’t make for a good program.

Are you sure this is how you want to describe Matt Zink and Meg Decker? Maybe the guy is doing the best he can while dealing with the side effects of trial treatments for his cancer? Find someone else to pick on.

I wish no harm upon either of these coaches and hope for health and healing. But when it comes to her coaching, many have described her style as abusive. Of course you have to take it with a grain of salt but I’ve heard the reviews on this page are pretty spot-on. https://www.2adays.com/coaches/meg-decker-46914
Was just looking at the 2adays website and was surprised to not see Meg Decker(Xavier) listed under a search for D1 Women's Lacrosse coaches as she had been near the top of the reviews based off overall number of reviews with a very low score. When I searched her on the site, I was brought to the profile that the link in the above post takes you to, and found it very interesting to see how her profile has been edited so it doesn't appear in searches for D1 coaches.

Her profile actually shows her current position as Head Women's Lacrosse coach at St. Xavier University in Chicago, IL and the Division is listed as NAIA. St. Xavier doesn't have a women's lacrosse program, only a men's club team, and she's never coached or attended the school as she's still at Xavier University in Cincinnati. By her being listed as an NAIA coach at a different school(St. X is an NAIA school in other sports), she does not show up in a search for D1 coaches and only shows up if you search her directly. Her reviews are pretty harsh so I wouldn't blame her or someone affiliated with her or Xavier with wanting to hide them but its not a good look to try to hide your profile on the site to avoid recruits from accessing the comments, whether she did it or someone affiliated with her or the program did.

11 players in the portal is a bad enough look, this doesn't help in building the program, which is a shame.
First of all, Matt Zink and Meg Decker are not married. That was a lie she told her Hartford team so that she could escape the embarrassment of getting pregnant out of wedlock. She kept it going until it didn’t work for her at Xavier, then told the truth, and he was hired as her assistant. Matt has been through a lot of cancer treatments but anyone I have ever met who faced death head on became a better person. Not him. Matt was just fired for Title IX violations at Xavier. His profile has been found on dating sites and he is an all around questionable human being. I think his treatments affected his brain or maybe just his heart. Decker believes she is lacrosse dynasty and untouchable but her record speaks for itself in no uncertain teams. She is a terrible coach and a manipulative narcissist and I expect to see the guard change this next year. She is looking at more transfers after fall season and you can’t have success when you can’t keep the ones you’ve trained. Her team isn’t bad, they come out swinging and then she starts coaching and they lose. Under different coaching, Xavier would be a successful team.
It’s a stretch to say Xavier is a good program minus the coach. They are ranked 117th out of 127 teams. Their only wins were against equally bad teams. They were beat soundly by even mediocre D1 programs. When you fall into the bottom quarter of D1 teams the lacrosse is not great.
wlaxjunkie

Post by wlaxjunkie »

spidey44 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 8:24 am I just dug out the letter Xavier wrote my daughter this fall. I knew it was from an assistant coach. Just checked their website and she's been completely scrubbed. It was never on my daughter's list, but she did talk to this assistant and really liked her. Hope she found a much better gig...
Decker has never had an assistant coach last more than a year. If they are good and the kids like them, they are gone even quicker. If they show a spark of any kind of ambition, she fires them! If they are popular with the team, she fires them. If they are talented, she fires them. She has no tolerance for talent, personality or desire to win! She is all about control and will never have a winning team!
wlaxjunkie

Post by wlaxjunkie »

VAMomGlax2019 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 3:36 pm

It’s a stretch to say Xavier is a good program minus the coach. They are ranked 117th out of 127 teams. Their only wins were against equally bad teams. They were beat soundly by even mediocre D1 programs. When you fall into the bottom quarter of D1 teams the lacrosse is not great.
Watch their games. Get to know the players. Watch the players who go on to other teams and succeed beyond comprehension! Tewaaraton finalists/UNC players…no! Good players…absolutely! They start every game scoring and running up by 5…on the same goalies that shut them down later! They start out strong then Decker changes everything and pulls her best players out to teach them a lesson or to show her lack of abilities! They lose once she coaches! Way better players than coach can handle.
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

hofstrapride1 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 8:18 am https://gohofstra.com/news/2024/8/12/wo ... staff.aspx

Hofstra adds longtime Stony Brook assistant Greg Micelli to be new offensive coordinator. Solid add for Hofstra and from Stony Brook perspective perhaps related to rumors of Spallina leaving after next season?
Didn't he coach the defense at Stony Brook?
VAMomGlax2019

Post by VAMomGlax2019 »

wlaxjunkie wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 4:11 pm

Watch their games. Get to know the players. Watch the players who go on to other teams and succeed beyond comprehension! Tewaaraton finalists/UNC players…no! Good players…absolutely! They start every game scoring and running up by 5…on the same goalies that shut them down later! They start out strong then Decker changes everything and pulls her best players out to teach them a lesson or to show her lack of abilities! They lose once she coaches! Way better players than coach can handle.
Xavier ranked 100+ in most key stats categories against some of the weakest teams in D1. Clears they were dead last. The players have to execute. Not being able to win draws, clear, score, etc. is not on the coach. Starters contributed to these poor numbers, unless you are saying the subs played most of the game. If so, not cool throwing them under the bus.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

3 posts in your username history. And all 3 were trashing Meg Decker and Xavier.

Reach out to Xavier directly. If they don’t make a change, then move on.

It’s hard to accept opinions as unbiased when your only posts have been attacking someone personally. Clearly you have an axe to grind (and perhaps for good reason!) but if your complaints have fallen on deaf ears, it’s just time to move on. Life isn’t fair.

Also….embarrassment of getting pregnant out of wedlock? What world are you living in? Is it 1950? Please. This is just as bad as that time someone say KT’s time at Cuse was over….because her former teammates didn’t include her in a “girls weekend”. Dear lord, this is like a pathetic high school group text between mean girls. Just move on.
hofstrapride1

Post by hofstrapride1 »

In response to Brownlax question, yes Micelli coached defense at Stony Brook but according to his Twitter profile will be offensive coordinator at Hofstra https://x.com/gregmiceli17?s=21
DMac

Post by DMac »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 7:11 pm This is just as bad as that time someone say KT’s time at Cuse was over….because her former teammates didn’t include her in a “girls weekend”. Dear lord, this is like a pathetic high school group text between mean girls. Just move on.
I don't believe this is accurate, it's a good example of how stories get twisted/changed as they're passed down the line. I think she was invited but didn't show and that's how it was stated (not by me). Yes, some said her time was over but for valid and legit reasons.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

DMac wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 8:30 am
LaxPundit07 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 7:11 pm This is just as bad as that time someone say KT’s time at Cuse was over….because her former teammates didn’t include her in a “girls weekend”. Dear lord, this is like a pathetic high school group text between mean girls. Just move on.
I don't believe this is accurate, it's a good example of how stories get twisted/changed as they're passed down the line. I think she was invited but didn't show and that's how it was stated (not by me). Yes, some said her time was over but for valid and legit reasons.
Of course. The accuracy of the claim wasn’t the point. The fact it was brought up here as some sort of flash point for her employment was objectively stupid.
wlaxjunkie

Post by wlaxjunkie »

VAMomGlax2019 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 6:46 pm
wlaxjunkie wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 4:11 pm

Xavier ranked 100+ in most key stats categories against some of the weakest teams in D1. Clears they were dead last. The players have to execute. Not being able to win draws, clear, score, etc. is not on the coach. Starters contributed to these poor numbers, unless you are saying the subs played most of the game. If so, not cool throwing them under the bus.
You’re not really getting what I’m saying but I don’t think you really want to. You’re looking at heavy freshmen stats which will not be stellar. There are upper class men who underperformed due to coach putting them in positions that they didn’t usually play or punishing players for doing things differently than she expected…even when the end results were good. If you judge a fish in his flying skills, your stats will suffer. Watch her. Like I said, the kids are not top 50 but with better coaching, they could move up 50 places! And as for subs, it’s a definite power trip for her to sub in the better players after a few minutes just to destroy subs morale and not call them starters!
Last edited by wlaxjunkie on Sun Aug 18, 2024 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wlaxjunkie

Post by wlaxjunkie »

Duplicate
Last edited by wlaxjunkie on Sun Aug 18, 2024 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wlaxjunkie

Post by wlaxjunkie »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 7:11 pm

3 posts in your username history. And all 3 were trashing Meg Decker and Xavier.

Reach out to Xavier directly. If they don’t make a change, then move on.

It’s hard to accept opinions as unbiased when your only posts have been attacking someone personally. Clearly you have an axe to grind (and perhaps for good reason!) but if your complaints have fallen on deaf ears, it’s just time to move on. Life isn’t fair.

Also….embarrassment of getting pregnant out of wedlock? What world are you living in? Is it 1950? Please. This is just as bad as that time someone say KT’s time at Cuse was over….because her former teammates didn’t include her in a “girls weekend”. Dear lord, this is like a pathetic high school group text between mean girls. Just move on.

Let me be clear, I’m not bashing Decker…if her actions cause you to think badly of her, then so be it! I am telling the truth about her and if you ask anyone with any contact with her on the field or in competition, you will hear the same! If she doesn’t like what the truth tells about her, she will need to change things! God knows, she has done that before! She used to be u touchable on reputation but no more!

My axe to grind is with telling the truth instead of playing the game she plays with media! She is a coach who is actively trying to destroy the dreams of many women athletes! Just 17 responded last year by quitting or transferring out…more to follow this fall. I’m not making this up so I’m not sure why truth is a problem.

As for the pregnancy out of wedlock…not an issue for me in the slightest but for her! She believes she is religious so lied to everyone about her wedding which was all a sham! SMH Maybe you have a better insight and would Like to share that with us! I will move on once the truth is out there and she stops calling the potential coaches of her transferring students and lying about them to diminish interest in those former players/transfers! You have no skin in the game so it’s easy to sit on your high horse and look down on people who are pissed at an abusive coach! Truth is coming out! At a recent lax clinic, she was the talk of the town….and not in a good way…and I wasn’t there! People are tired of it and are making others aware! I would think that would be seen as a good thing…unless you’re her pal! She doesn’t have many of those!
Last edited by wlaxjunkie on Sun Aug 18, 2024 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”