ESPN Crew is Unlistenable

D1 Mens Lacrosse
jhu06

Re: ESPN Crew is Unlistenable

Post by jhu06 »

bearlaxfan wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 2:00 pm Surprised no one has asked Ward about 2005 semis; wasn't that the storm delay game that his UVa team came out flat after and lost a good lead and the game?
https://twitter.com/AnishESPN/status/15 ... 1632441344

too busy making pocket squares out of potato chip bags with box cutters which I thought were not allowed to be brought into stadiums. Quint did make a good point which they should be talking about which is that maryland had apparently arrived at the stadium and now doesn't know where to go, when to eat, when they're playing today. Anish also raised the fact that the second group winner to play memorial day weekend usually is at a disadvantage for monday. Frankly they're 22 year olds. they can do anything, but instead of the pocket square stuff, would be fascinating to hear where they are and what they do for food, timing right now.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

jhu06 wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 2:28 pm
bearlaxfan wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 2:00 pm Surprised no one has asked Ward about 2005 semis; wasn't that the storm delay game that his UVa team came out flat after and lost a good lead and the game?

too busy making pocket squares out of potato chip bags with box cutters which I thought were not allowed to be brought into stadiums. Quint did make a good point which they should be talking about which is that maryland had apparently arrived at the stadium and now doesn't know where to go, when to eat, when they're playing today. Anish also raised the fact that the second group winner to play memorial day weekend usually is at a disadvantage for monday. Frankly they're 22 year olds. they can do anything, but instead of the pocket square stuff, would be fascinating to hear where they are and what they do for food, timing right now.
Back to the hotel.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
keno in reno

Post by keno in reno »

Who knows, but maybe the winner of the 2nd game now has the advantage on Monday since they can go back to the hotel and chill. Looks like it's gonna be a long 7 hours+ at the stadium for Cornell and Rutgers.
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

I agree. These kids are in amazing shape. They could play tomorrow and be fine. D3 played two days in a row. High school summer. All plays 6 games on a weekend. The disadvantage is for Cornell. They had momentum. Now it is a new game when they finally resume.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

This Cornell fan will take the 5 goal head start in that new game. :D

EDIT: Or, the Big Red will just go up another 5 ... :lol:
keno in reno

Post by keno in reno »

Matt Ward is good as well, but he's physically morphing into Danial Snyder
Pegasus5

Post by Pegasus5 »

Welp there it is. Another 8 months until I hear anyone use the term Young Buck to describe a human being of any shape or size
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

keno in reno wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 6:18 pm Matt Ward is good as well, but he's physically morphing into Danial Snyder
I think you mean Ralph Friedgen.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
clubball43

Post by clubball43 »

ESPN crew does a good job. Quint really knows the game - really can’t argue that point - and Anish is a pro. We’re lucky to have the coverage and cameras…used to not be that way.
random observer

Post by random observer »

People really seem to dislike Quint but his love and respect for the game is unmatched. But beyond that you can also tell just how much he cares about and admires the athletes on the field. He shadows practices and works out with the teams to get a sense of team dynamics and preparation, and I appreciate that for every random player anecdote, he has at least one that calls attention to the work and preparation they put into improving their game.
Dip&Dunk

Post by Dip&Dunk »

Their questioning the Cornell timeout in the fourth quarter was spot on.
ICGrad

Post by ICGrad »

Dip&Dunk wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 5:59 pm Their questioning the Cornell timeout in the fourth quarter was spot on.
Yeah, but Cornell scored coming out of both timeouts (the first goal was waved off for crease violations).

I understand the argument that Maryland was gassed and Cornell had them on the ropes, but I also think the first timeout (the one that was questioned) was a good timeout on Cornell's part. They had just had 3 straight possessions that had ended without solid shots on goal, and pretty clearly he needed to calm the team down and come out showing something different.
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

random observer wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 5:56 pm People really seem to dislike Quint but his love and respect for the game is unmatched. But beyond that you can also tell just how much he cares about and admires the athletes on the field. He shadows practices and works out with the teams to get a sense of team dynamics and preparation, and I appreciate that for every random player anecdote, he has at least one that calls attention to the work and preparation they put into improving their game.
I like Quint. I honestly like all of the 3, I think they’re good guys and they love lacrosse. They just don’t work well together for whatever reason. Always seem to do better calling games with other people
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

random observer wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 5:56 pm People really seem to dislike Quint but his love and respect for the game is unmatched. But beyond that you can also tell just how much he cares about and admires the athletes on the field. He shadows practices and works out with the teams to get a sense of team dynamics and preparation, and I appreciate that for every random player anecdote, he has at least one that calls attention to the work and preparation they put into improving their game.
I agree.
And he really picked up his focus, his commentary, once he came back on line this final four,
I thought he avoided most of the usual lax bro banter.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

jrn19 wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 6:19 pm
I like Quint. I honestly like all of the 3, I think they’re good guys and they love lacrosse. They just don’t work well together for whatever reason. Always seem to do better calling games with other people
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8QKE96wZTkw

Just a question of which one defiled the others cymbals on their drum set.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Gorilla Fan

Post by Gorilla Fan »

Pork42

Post by Pork42 »

Jumbo wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 3:15 pm

I agree. These kids are in amazing shape. They could play tomorrow and be fine. D3 played two days in a row. High school summer. All plays 6 games on a weekend. The disadvantage is for Cornell. They had momentum. Now it is a new game when they finally resume.
I wonder did you folks ever play in a lacrosse tournament ? Better yet the final 4? If so enlighten the board how you felt after doing so.
Dip&Dunk

Post by Dip&Dunk »

ICGrad wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 6:09 pm
Dip&Dunk wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 5:59 pm Their questioning the Cornell timeout in the fourth quarter was spot on.
Yeah, but Cornell scored coming out of both timeouts (the first goal was waved off for crease violations).

I understand the argument that Maryland was gassed and Cornell had them on the ropes, but I also think the first timeout (the one that was questioned) was a good timeout on Cornell's part. They had just had 3 straight possessions that had ended without solid shots on goal, and pretty clearly he needed to calm the team down and come out showing something different.
We will never know.
keno in reno

Post by keno in reno »

Dip&Dunk wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:02 pm
ICGrad wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 6:09 pm

We will never know.
That stuff doesn't matter. We're National Champions.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Pork42 wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:34 pm
Jumbo wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 3:15 pm

I wonder did you folks ever play in a lacrosse tournament ? Better yet the final 4? If so enlighten the board how you felt after doing so.
know plenty of folks. a lot of people here probably do. some greatly disappointed, others ecstatic.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”