**********The MIAA "A" Conference 2022**************

HS Boys Lacrosse
Turnandrake

Re: **********The MIAA "A" Conference 2022**************

Post by Turnandrake »

KI Dock Bar wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:37 am I count 3 Annapolis area schools - 1st time that has ever happened! :o
Yes AACO strong lacrosse………now just wait for the Baltimore folks to tell you down year for the miaa….lol
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

Just an up year for Spalding and St Marys. Everyone else is playing as normal.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Jumbo wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:57 am Just an up year for Spalding and St Marys. Everyone else is playing as normal.

If you look at each team's record against the playoff field it tells a lot.
CH has the strongest resume, but they have been playing with their backs against the wall since their loss to John Carroll.
MCD and Spalding haven't performed well against the top teams this year.
Severn was fortuitous in their scheduling, catching StP early but they did a good job of handling their business and not getting "upset" by non-playoff teams. That is really impressive in this league. But they didn't do well against the top teams (playoff field).

CH - 4-1 (McD, BL, Spal, Sev)
St M - 3-2 (CH, McD, Sev)
BL - 3-2 (McD, Spal, StM)
AS- 2-3 (Sev, StM)
McD - 2-3 (Spal, Sev)
Severn - 1-4 (BL)

StP 2-4 (CH, McD)
John Carroll 1-5 (CH)
Loyola 1-5 (Sev)
Gilman 0-6
MSJ 0-6
KI Dock Bar

Post by KI Dock Bar »

IMHO the 3 teams with the most talent are in the same side of the draw - Boys' Latin, Spalding, and McDonogh. I expected 2 of the 3 to be in the championship game back in March. Now, only 1 will get there. The team that pulls it together over the next 10 days will face Calvert Hall who appears to be the hottest team in the league right now. I expect that Boys' Latin will face off vs the Hall next Friday, although my heart says Spalding vs St. Mary's...ALL Annapolis final at NMCMS would be the best!
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

KI Dock Bar wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 11:48 am IMHO the 3 teams with the most talent are in the same side of the draw - Boys' Latin, Spalding, and McDonogh. I expected 2 of the 3 to be in the championship game back in March. Now, only 1 will get there. The team that pulls it together over the next 10 days will face Calvert Hall who appears to be the hottest team in the league right now. I expect that Boys' Latin will face off vs the Hall next Friday, although my heart says Spalding vs St. Mary's...ALL Annapolis final at NMCMS would be the best!
I agree with you on all points. I too would especially love to see an all-AACo final at NMCS.
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 12:30 pm
KI Dock Bar wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 11:48 am IMHO the 3 teams with the most talent are in the same side of the draw - Boys' Latin, Spalding, and McDonogh. I expected 2 of the 3 to be in the championship game back in March. Now, only 1 will get there. The team that pulls it together over the next 10 days will face Calvert Hall who appears to be the hottest team in the league right now. I expect that Boys' Latin will face off vs the Hall next Friday, although my heart says Spalding vs St. Mary's...ALL Annapolis final at NMCMS would be the best!
I agree with you on all points. I too would especially love to see an all-AACo final at NMCS.
I would love to see Spalding vs St Marys. Lots of familiar faces on this two teams. But I feel like BL is going to find a way to get there.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

Jumbo wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 12:40 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 12:30 pm
I would love to see Spalding vs St Marys. Lots of familiar faces on this two teams. But I feel like BL is going to find a way to get there.
Predicting in this league is incredibly difficult. For example, in their rivalry game St. Paul's made BL rally from two down to force OT, and they aren't in the playoffs. St. Mary's destroyed St. Paul's and yet had a klunker against BL and a close loss to Spalding. If anybody didn't know, I am a Saints fan, and this has been a fun team to watch. They are a high volume shot team, and they have been beaten by stellar goalie play and some erratic shooting. BL and Spalding didn't get to double digits in the losses. If they shoot better and play their usual stout defense they have a good shot.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Semis are on May 17. Today is May 11. Not that much time. When are the play-in games and when will they be announcing this schedule?
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
head73

Post by head73 »

CHC Athletics site says CHC/Severn on Friday, 5/13, at 4:00 pm.
KI Dock Bar

Post by KI Dock Bar »

McDonogh @ Spalding on Friday at 6:00.
JV play-offs start this week with semi-finals on Thursday/Friday and the championship game on Monday.
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

A St. Mary’s-Spalding title game at Navy Stadium would, in my opinion, draw a record-breaking crowd.
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

Does anyone know the exact dates, times, and teams for the JV semis and title game?
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

gymman1031 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:47 pm Does anyone know the exact dates, times, and teams for the JV semis and title game?
Not positive because the conference is slow to update much on the JV side. But I think It is:

Thu May 12: #4 StM @ #1 BL 4 pm
Fri May 13: #3 Spalding @ #2 CH 6:30 pm

Assume the Championship is Monday, (the normal JV game day) at Higher seed. The host schools should be able to confirm.
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:36 am
gymman1031 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:47 pm Does anyone know the exact dates, times, and teams for the JV semis and title game?
Not positive because the conference is slow to update much on the JV side. But I think It is:

Thu May 12: #4 StM @ #1 BL 4 pm
Fri May 13: #3 Spalding @ #2 CH 6:30 pm

Assume the Championship is Monday, (the normal JV game day) at Higher seed. The host schools should be able to confirm.
Yes, I think you are right regarding those JV playoff games. Thanks so much!
KI Dock Bar

Post by KI Dock Bar »

Jumbo wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:57 am Just an up year for Spalding and St Marys. Everyone else is playing as normal.
Both Spalding and St. Mary's JV making the play-offs lends me to believe that it is more than just an up year for them. Loyola, St. Paul's and Gilman does not have a varsity of JV team in either play-off???
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

KI Dock Bar wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 10:57 am
Both Spalding and St. Mary's JV making the play-offs lends me to believe that it is more than just an up year for them. Loyola, St. Paul's and Gilman does not have a varsity of JV team in either play-off???
Link to StM @ BL JV game at 4 pm:

https://events.locallive.tv/school/boyslatinmd
SkipPass

Post by SkipPass »

When it’s more expensive to attend a high school lacrosse game than it is to attend a D1 NCAA Tournament game - something is very wrong.

$20 a ticket + $10 for parking is highway robbery. $1500 skyboxes? Where is all this money going?

https://runsignup.com/TicketEvent/miaalacrossechamps
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

KI Dock Bar wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 10:57 am
Definitely unusual.

Gilman's been in a down period for a bit, though some of its alums are certainly doing well in college. The MIAA tends to ebb and flow. It will be interesting whether this rebalances again as the decade goes along...

But no surprise to me that AA county would have a strong year. There's been tremendous lax played in that region for as long as I can remember. Back in the '70's there were typically two super strong teams each year. The rec programs were always excellent.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Common sense, but the schools with higher numbers (CH, LB and StM) generally have the better JV teams and usually field freshman teams.

But I did see a few of the smaller programs who saw some increased success this season (Severn, StP and JC in particular) bumped their top young kids up to varsity and had them in the mix, contributing right away.

StP's sophomore class is REALLY good. Some real dynamic playmakers and contributors who gave BL a handful this week. And JC had a number of freshmen who contributed during their win against CH and throughout the season. Future is bright with those schools if they keep it up.

Should be an exciting evening of good playoff lacrosse tonight!
Turnandrake

Post by Turnandrake »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 10:47 am Common sense, but the schools with higher numbers (CH, LB and StM) generally have the better JV teams and usually field freshman teams.

But I did see a few of the smaller programs who saw some increased success this season (Severn, StP and JC in particular) bumped their top young kids up to varsity and had them in the mix, contributing right away.

StP's sophomore class is REALLY good. Some real dynamic playmakers and contributors who gave BL a handful this week. And JC had a number of freshmen who contributed during their win against CH and throughout the season. Future is bright with those schools if they keep it up.

Should be an exciting evening of good playoff lacrosse tonight!
STM is not a big school interms of number about 500 coed kids total in the high school.

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”