Hobart 2021

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Ketch

Re: Hobart 2021

Post by Ketch »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:19 pm Things are getting worse, Holy Cross, Marist. I have real concerns about any schools around the tri state NYC area which would include Wags and SHU being able to finish the season.
This is really depressing. I was looking forward to the team getting back on the field. I wonder if we could find a spur of the moment opponent?
SMAIN

Post by SMAIN »

Well Farfromgeneva, the game I remember was against Umass in Amherst back in 2008. Hobart is up 7 to 5 with 2:19 to go in the 4th. Umass scores at the 1:19 mark to make it 7 to 6. Umass commits a pushing penalty with 48 seconds to go but Hobart losses the ball while in bounding and Umass scores with 7 seconds remaining. Needless to say Hobart lost 7 to 8 in OT.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

09 in Geneva was worse when Diogo was putting a “max security prison welcome” in FR Chris Pederson in the corner he loses the ball then UMass scores about 4 seconds after the clock went to zero and they allowed it to tie it 6-6 and we lose in OT. Max outplayed Doc that day.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Ketch wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:26 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:19 pm Things are getting worse, Holy Cross, Marist. I have real concerns about any schools around the tri state NYC area which would include Wags and SHU being able to finish the season.
This is really depressing. I was looking forward to the team getting back on the field. I wonder if we could find a spur of the moment opponent?
raymond should sit by the phone if cuse doesn't take out unc saturday.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:10 pm
Gotta play in Geneva. Windows on bus have to be open while coming into town...let the locals give them some of that Queen Cersei treatment as they walk from the bad parking lot temporarily 1.5mi away for the game.
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:19 pm 09 in Geneva was worse when Diogo was putting a “max security prison welcome” in FR Chris Pederson in the corner he loses the ball then UMass scores about 4 seconds after the clock went to zero and they allowed it to tie it 6-6 and we lose in OT. Max outplayed Doc that day.
I'll never get over the 05 SU fish incident that switched possession to SU with just a couple of minutes to go. But that was not a collapse. The SU goalie just shut down everything for the next 5 minutes. Still ...
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:16 pm
Gotta play in Geneva. Windows on bus have to be open while coming into town...let the locals give them some of that Queen Cersei treatment as they walk from the bad parking lot temporarily 1.5mi away for the game.
absolutely. holding the nuts.
Ketch

Post by Ketch »

Laxgunea wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:36 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:19 pm 09 in Geneva was worse when Diogo was putting a “max security prison welcome” in FR Chris Pederson in the corner he loses the ball then UMass scores about 4 seconds after the clock went to zero and they allowed it to tie it 6-6 and we lose in OT. Max outplayed Doc that day.
I'll never get over the 05 SU fish incident that switched possession to SU with just a couple of minutes to go. But that was not a collapse. The SU goalie just shut down everything for the next 5 minutes. Still ...
That 2005 game was fantastic, well played by both teams. 13-12. I watched the game a few times on replay too. The announcers were shocked at how the Statesmen hung with the Orange. Big game from Chris Scanlon and one of my all time favorites, Nate Hill.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:55 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:16 pm
absolutely. holding the nuts.
Call it what you want, when you have leverage in life you have to utilize it.
catchnshoot

Post by catchnshoot »

The last thing this team needs is a spur of the moment games with Cuse
The way they are clearing they may never get the ball out of our own end of the field
Would be a complete rout
Ketch

Post by Ketch »

catchnshoot wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:50 am The last thing this team needs is a spur of the moment games with Cuse
The way they are clearing they may never get the ball out of our own end of the field
Would be a complete rout
I agree. Would be a bloodbath.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Ketch wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:15 am
catchnshoot wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:50 am The last thing this team needs is a spur of the moment games with Cuse
Would be a complete rout
No offense but SU may need a higher profile team as a last resort ticket should they stumble with the next couple games.
FL-GO

Post by FL-GO »

Read the last couple of pages with interest. Saturday's loss is a real rough one. We will lose some recruits because of a loss like that. Maybe not too many though, given the lack of support the team gets communications / social media wise, so we very well may remain off the radar. (Sidebar - can anyone in Geneva maybe take a look at what up and comers like HPU, Richmond and others are doing to promote their teams, please?)

Only positive is Raymond's stock has dropped enough that we don't have to worry about other schools trying to pick him off anymore. Can't put all of the struggles on him and the staff, but the fundamentals have looked so poor it makes you wonder. Obviously trying to have something resembling a "normal" season, practices, etc. amidst COVID, especially in NYS (don't get me started) and at a D3 (overall) school, is probably a pretty insurmountable task.

I don't have any expectations for the rest of the way. We could easily win or lose the last two games, assuming they even happen. The NEC tournament is anybody's to win. Guessing it's SJU because a comeback like last Saturday will give them confidence in a close one down the stretch. Not to mention they've actually been able to get a more regular 10+ game season in. Regardless, the NCAAs will be another one-and-done for whichever team gets in. The disparity btw the majors and mids is even more lopsided this season.

Anyway, let's hope the kids stay healthy and some younger guys get looks so 2022 is a better run for the Statesmen.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

tech37 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:27 am
Would be a complete rout
No offense but SU may need a higher profile team as a last resort ticket should they stumble with the next couple games.
wouldn't think they would have many options on that.
hofstra, bryant, delaware, lehigh and drexel are most of the list. and i'd suspect from that group they'd rather be prepping for their tourneys and possible aq.

primary considerations are probably:
- proximity
- get a win to guarantee .500 and let chips fall

so from what is said above (haven't seen them play), hobart might qualify best.

interesting that 'cuse has been mum on the subject best i can tell.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Would be a complete rout
The alternative is not having the game at all which is what we’ve got now...guess we should’ve moved to d3 like Hanna wanted...
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Would be a complete rout
Nobody asked, a UVA fan raised the prospect. There’s also the matter of an actual rivalry game.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:38 am
Would be a complete rout
wouldn't think they would have many options on that.
hofstra, bryant, delaware, lehigh and drexel are most of the list. and i'd suspect from that group they'd rather be prepping for their tourneys and possible aq.

primary considerations are probably:
- proximity
- get a win to guarantee .500 and let chips fall

so from what is said above (haven't seen them play), hobart might qualify best.

interesting that 'cuse has been mum on the subject best i can tell.
Moving this to Cuse thread wgdsr
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:45 am
Would be a complete rout
Nobody asked, a UVA fan raised the prospect. There’s also the matter of an actual rivalry game.
:lol: Hey thanks for that!... Go F yourself junior.
Ketch

Post by Ketch »

tech37 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:49 am
Would be a complete rout
No need for that, tech. I shudder at the prospect of us playing the Orange this year. You could play the fourth string (and I know you’ve got one) and still beat us by 10 at least. We are exceptionally weak this year.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

tech37 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:49 am
Would be a complete rout
You’re welcome. Where are we at in the countdown until folks are shoveling dirt on you?

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”