Hunter Biden Tinfoil issues

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
youthathletics

Re: Hunter Biden Tinfoil issues

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:21 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:10 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:50 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:26 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:17 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:32 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:30 pm News report this weekend that it now is cheaper per watt to build renewable than fossil plants.
Wait until the unions hear about that... :lol:
What will make clean energy jobs less likely to be union?

You do realize that the union movement is thrilled about the prospect of clean energy jobs, lots and lots of 'fat finger' jobs not requiring a college education?
Because if these are private companies they won't be all crazy about union people coming in. If they are public companies, how do you make it financially viable if your paying top dollar to fat fingers who never went to college. You pay a guy or gal 30 bucks an hour that need detailed instruction on how to pick their nose. That sure makes like an efficient industry to me. :roll:
I don't see any reason why the distribution of union and non-union jobs will be any different in say solar installations than pipe fitters on a drilling rig. There will be those who are unionized and there will be those who are not.

But the jobs require some training and skill, they will benefit from experience on the job...much like the one you last had if I understand correctly. It didn't require a college education, but it did have standards and experience mattered.

There will be issues between management and labor, especially in large companies involved, and yeah some of these companies are going to grow big and have a large number of skilled and semi-skilled workers. There will be health and safety issues, there will be job security issues.

Some companies will stay non-union, some won't. Some will pay up for expertise and experience, some will go for the lowest cost employee.

I have a good friend who runs a very large, enormously successful, non-union trucking company. He pays top dollar for very, very good drivers, with excellent driving skills and very low accident issues, and he equips them with the best technology. He competes on the basis of reliability of service, not price, and has done enormously well. But finding those drivers is very, very hard. In the long run, a lot of the driving is going to be done robotically, only a small portion by the human drivers.

Back to clean energy, there are going to be a heck of a lot of jobs either way, union or non-union, and that's certainly a good thing, especially for folks who for one reason or another didn't go the 4-year college route.

Heck, there are apparently more clean energy jobs now in Texas than there are carbon energy jobs...and this thing has not yet really gotten going full steam.
I'd be more concerned about the tax hikes for those making more than 400k, those are the people that are opening, supporting, and expanding businesses. Couple that with higher min. wage, you have the recipe for people to sit back and hoard their cash until the time is right.
How is that related to whether jobs are union or non-union?
Doesn't make any difference to me, I like this path to post COVID recovery.
Drive the infrastructure spend, lots of jobs.

Or are you changing the topic to other concerns you have about a Democratic sweep and set of policies?
Maybe the revenue needed to pay for the investment in infrastructure?

I'm a little nervous about the increased tax rates on those making less than $1 million and more than $400k, but not at all concerned about above that nor the 'wealth tax' proposals I've seen for the over $50 million set.

But history does seem to tell us that we can sustain some increase in taxes on higher earners without changing incentives to invest and earn more. Investment decisions typically are made based on perceptions of opportunity, not tax rates, except in extreme cases. And nothing proposed is extreme by any historical standard.

By example, marginal tax rates during Eisenhower's push for interstate infrastructure...
Sorry, wrong thread I suppose, even for union discussion. But my point, regardless of union/non-union, the work needs to be there...hence my concern WRT to the wealthy investing in growth. I believe coming out of of this pandemic, with a potential admin, wondering if someone like Sanders becomes labor secretary, people may hunker down with their cash. I feel like I'd do that if I were in that position. Hope I am wrong.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:53 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:21 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:10 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:50 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:26 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:17 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:32 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:30 pm News report this weekend that it now is cheaper per watt to build renewable than fossil plants.
Wait until the unions hear about that... :lol:
What will make clean energy jobs less likely to be union?

You do realize that the union movement is thrilled about the prospect of clean energy jobs, lots and lots of 'fat finger' jobs not requiring a college education?
Because if these are private companies they won't be all crazy about union people coming in. If they are public companies, how do you make it financially viable if your paying top dollar to fat fingers who never went to college. You pay a guy or gal 30 bucks an hour that need detailed instruction on how to pick their nose. That sure makes like an efficient industry to me. :roll:
I don't see any reason why the distribution of union and non-union jobs will be any different in say solar installations than pipe fitters on a drilling rig. There will be those who are unionized and there will be those who are not.

But the jobs require some training and skill, they will benefit from experience on the job...much like the one you last had if I understand correctly. It didn't require a college education, but it did have standards and experience mattered.

There will be issues between management and labor, especially in large companies involved, and yeah some of these companies are going to grow big and have a large number of skilled and semi-skilled workers. There will be health and safety issues, there will be job security issues.

Some companies will stay non-union, some won't. Some will pay up for expertise and experience, some will go for the lowest cost employee.

I have a good friend who runs a very large, enormously successful, non-union trucking company. He pays top dollar for very, very good drivers, with excellent driving skills and very low accident issues, and he equips them with the best technology. He competes on the basis of reliability of service, not price, and has done enormously well. But finding those drivers is very, very hard. In the long run, a lot of the driving is going to be done robotically, only a small portion by the human drivers.

Back to clean energy, there are going to be a heck of a lot of jobs either way, union or non-union, and that's certainly a good thing, especially for folks who for one reason or another didn't go the 4-year college route.

Heck, there are apparently more clean energy jobs now in Texas than there are carbon energy jobs...and this thing has not yet really gotten going full steam.
I'd be more concerned about the tax hikes for those making more than 400k, those are the people that are opening, supporting, and expanding businesses. Couple that with higher min. wage, you have the recipe for people to sit back and hoard their cash until the time is right.
How is that related to whether jobs are union or non-union?
Doesn't make any difference to me, I like this path to post COVID recovery.
Drive the infrastructure spend, lots of jobs.

Or are you changing the topic to other concerns you have about a Democratic sweep and set of policies?
Maybe the revenue needed to pay for the investment in infrastructure?

I'm a little nervous about the increased tax rates on those making less than $1 million and more than $400k, but not at all concerned about above that nor the 'wealth tax' proposals I've seen for the over $50 million set.

But history does seem to tell us that we can sustain some increase in taxes on higher earners without changing incentives to invest and earn more. Investment decisions typically are made based on perceptions of opportunity, not tax rates, except in extreme cases. And nothing proposed is extreme by any historical standard.

By example, marginal tax rates during Eisenhower's push for interstate infrastructure...
Sorry, wrong thread I suppose, even for union discussion. But my point, regardless of union/non-union, the work needs to be there...hence my concern WRT to the wealthy investing in growth. I believe coming out of of this pandemic, with a potential admin, wondering if someone like Sanders becomes labor secretary, people may hunker down with their cash. I feel like I'd do that if I were in that position. Hope I am wrong.
Pretty sure Sanders will stay in the Senate, even though that might be a safe jump, as will Warren who wouldn't be safe given GOP Governor. Same for Sherrod Brown who has a GOP Governor, though he'd be a strong choice IMO.

If anyone out of the Senate it could be Doug Jones assuming he loses his seat in Alabama.

It'd be a long time to hunker down if waiting for a change in Admin and policy...entrepreneurs tend to take advantage of the opportunities in front of them, don't generally wait until they'd earn more $ after taxes...they get started earning...

and yup wrong thread...but beats nonsensical tinfoil...
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

CU77 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:29 pm
Cooter wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:10 am That being said there are numerous video clips of Joe Biden just saying "No fracking"
Really?

Please link to one of these clips, with enough unedited video both before and after to be sure that the clip has not been taken out of context.

Thanks.
Come on, man.

What the heck has ever given you the idea that I want to watch a bunch of Joe Biden speech videos. :twisted:
Last edited by Cooter on Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Live Free or Die!
CU77

Post by CU77 »

So you haven't actually seen any of the "numerous clips" of Joe Biden just saying "No fracking".

Got it.
old salt

Post by old salt »

RedFromMI wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:38 pm

Nepotism and the 2020 election, explained

Joe Biden isn’t the only candidate with family in question in this campaign.
https://www.vox.com/21527215/hunter-bid ... don-junior

Does a good job explaining what is known about both Hunter Biden and Ivanka/Jared/Don Jr./Eric have going for them in the sleaze/illegality front.

Takeaway: it is FAR worse with the Trump family...
Dual use military technology transfer to China.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:15 pm

Does a good job explaining what is known about both Hunter Biden and Ivanka/Jared/Don Jr./Eric have going for them in the sleaze/illegality front.

Was it illegal? If so he should be arrested.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing ... th-chinese

In 2013, the younger Biden would be part of an official U.S. delegation to the country. Ten days later, Rosemont entities inked a $1 billion deal with the bank of China. The deal was eventually increased to $1.5 billion.

Deals made by the firm — co-owned by the government of China and the two sons of top American officials — would go on to have serious national security implications for the United States. One such deal was with the automotive subsidiary of Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC), a major Chinese military contractor accused of frequently stealing U.S. military technology.

In late 2015, AVIC would go on to purchase 51 percent of American precision-parts manufacturer Henniges. Joe Biden's son bought the other 49 percent in a deal that was approved by the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States, which includes members of numerous government agencies including the State Department.
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

CU77 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:28 pm So you haven't actually seen any of the "numerous clips" of Joe Biden just saying "No fracking".

Got it.
I watched a news source which showed a bunch of them that were on Trump's site.
I had seen at least one such clip before the debate.
Live Free or Die!
njbill

Post by njbill »

On federal land. Yawn.
a fan

Post by a fan »

1. So what? That's not illegal.

2. I like his policies, so I don't care about stuff like this.

3. Whatabout Hillary?

.....you can pick one, or all three!!!
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

njbill wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:58 pm On federal land. Yawn.
you can yawn all day, but it may cost you a six!
njbill

Post by njbill »

Out of my control now. I’ve submitted my 100 ballots already. Being safe in case justice handmaiden sticks her nose under the tent.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:12 pm

3. Whatabout Hillary?

It is what it is -- the transfer of dual use military technology to China. A threat to national security.
Depending on enforcement of CFIUS, it could be illegal. Regardless, it is worthy of note.
By equating it to real estate, fashion or branding deals, you demonstrate partisanship rather than rational threat assessment.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:38 pm
By equating it to real estate, fashion or branding deals, you demonstrate partisanship rather than rational threat assessment.
So after all this time, you're STILL going to pretend that's all that TeamTrump has done, OS? Fashion deals?

And you forgot to pick an Old Salt excuse as to why this is fine.

I'll add a new one:

4. this is nothing more than a branding deal with China. Who cares?

You're going to do everything you can to give me the partisan cry of "this is different".

Nope. It ain't. Get ready for a whole lot of the press not caring about your Biden complaints....you trained them not to care. Take a bow.
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:12 pm

3. Whatabout Hillary?

😂😂😂

You forgot:

4. If duly elected, we have to support him and hope that he is successful.

and

5. The people knew it when they voted for him

😂😂😂
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:48 pm
So after all this time, you're STILL going to pretend that's all that TeamTrump has done, OS? Fashion deals?

I'll add a new one:

You're going to do everything you can to give me the partisan cry of "this is different".

Nope. It ain't. Get ready for a whole lot of the press not caring about your Biden complaints....you trained them not to care. Take a bow.
Feel free to provide examples of Trump family business dealings which involved tech transfer or had national security implications.
...you showed your seriousness when you believed Nasty Natasha & went nuts when a few USAF flight crews over-nighted at Turnberry.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:57 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:48 pm

I'll add a new one:

Feel free to provide examples of Trump family business dealings which involved tech transfer or had national security implications.
...you showed your seriousness when you believed Nasty Natasha & went nuts when a few USAF flight crews over-nighted at Turnberry.
Uuumm you didn’t go nuts.
“I wish you would!”
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

So Trump got tens of millions from China for no good reason. And his kids got cash and were fast-tracked for hard to get things like trademarks after he was elected for no good reason.

And McConnell is getting millions to tens of millions from Chinese state backed entities related to his wife for no good reason.

The sad thing is that they probably got that cash without much in the way of tech transfer or any immediate national security concerns. Just influence and an ear. It's been demonstrated time and time again (even from our own FBI in sting operations) that politicians are bought for just tens of thousands of dollars.

OS and others aren't worried about that kind of influence, or politicians stuffing American and overseas money in their pockets unless it has clear and present national security concern. They were against that kind of thing when it mattered.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:57 pm Feel free to provide examples of Trump family business dealings which involved tech transfer or had national security implications.
I have. Dozens of times. You don't care, because you like his policies. Kushner would never, not in a million years, get security clearances after taking that Trump tower meeting. And you don't care.

If Biden wins? You and FoxNation will spend the next four years shouting at the sky. Not only will Dems not care about any complaints? Neither will the media, or the independent voter.

You asked for this. Well....congratulations, you 'win".

old salt wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:57 pm ...you showed your seriousness when you believed Nasty Natasha & went nuts when a few USAF flight crews over-nighted at Turnberry.
Yep. And guess what? No one cares about tech transfer, or the Bidens getting rich.

Happy? Well, enjoy it, is all I have to say.

And please, continue the hypocritical partisan battle cry of "this is different". Good luck with that....
a fan

Post by a fan »

holmes435 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:18 pm So Trump got tens of millions from China for no good reason. And his kids got cash and were fast-tracked for hard to get things like trademarks after he was elected for no good reason.

And McConnell is getting millions to tens of millions from Chinese state backed entities related to his wife for no good reason.

The sad thing is that they probably got that cash without much in the way of tech transfer or any immediate national security concerns. Just influence and an ear. It's been demonstrated time and time again (even from our own FBI in sting operations) that politicians are bought for just tens of thousands of dollars.

OS and others aren't worried about that kind of influence, or politicians stuffing American and overseas money in their pockets unless it has clear and present national security concern. They were against that kind of thing when it mattered.
:lol:

D's and R's. That's aalllll that matters......

We'll find out all the cr*p Trump did in the coming decades as the books roll out. And OS will have boatload of excuses as to why it's all sooper-cool.

Return to “POLITICS”