Syracuse 2021

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Farfromgeneva

Re: Syracuse 2021

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Get out of your dads basement in your south shore split level surrounded by ghost towns of squatters and talk to us when you have something anyone else would like to respond to.

Upstate is a better lifestyle and culture all day and night than this.

Particularly 4,7&9

https://www.movoto.com/guide/ny/long-is ... ereotypes/

Especially around turtle bay with the other B&T trash.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
DMac

Post by DMac »

NYVA631 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:50 pm Your starting attackman was just involved in a serious domestic violence matter yet you guys are talking about a jersey. Upstate local yokels for ya. Pathetic!

The only folks who are thinking straight are the players. Kudos to them!
Go back and look at the comments of nearly every poster earlier on in the discussion when the "rumors" were being discussed and see what they were saying about the players. You can start with mine after Infanti's tweet. You come in at intermission and want to hand us your sanctimoniuos horseschidt while insulting all Upstate New Yorkers. What a special guy.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Wish I could’ve been at my parents wedding in 1965. Dad is from Savona with a HS class 20-30 deep and mom from Wantaugh which was this wanna be, gauche, faux pretension and decadence you wouldn’t get in Manhattan ever. Must’ve been funny as hell to an outside observer.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

DMac wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:16 pm
NYVA631 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:50 pm Your starting attackman was just involved in a serious domestic violence matter yet you guys are talking about a jersey. Upstate local yokels for ya. Pathetic!

Go back and look at the comments of nearly every poster earlier on in the discussion when the "rumors" were being discussed and see what they were saying about the players. You can start with mine after Infanti's tweet. You come in at intermission and want to hand us your sanctimoniuos horseschidt while insulting all Upstate New Yorkers. What a special guy.
Despite this guy's obnoxious post I agree and disagree DMac. I think #22 should remain in service but be given each year to a deserving senior, voted on by the team, and based on leadership... e.g., Ryan Simmons comes to mind. The recipient might have little PT or game impact, but might be deserving for other reasons that the team determines relevant.

I always felt using #22 for recruiting purposes was, well, kinda crass.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

tech37 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:16 pm

Despite this guy's obnoxious post I agree and disagree DMac. I think #22 should remain in service but be given each year to a deserving senior, voted on by the team, and based on leadership... e.g., Ryan Simmons comes to mind. The recipient might have little PT or game impact, but might be deserving for other reasons that the team determines relevant.

Agreed. Good post.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

tech37 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:22 pmI think #22 should remain in service but be given each year to a deserving senior, voted on by the team, and based on leadership... e.g., Ryan Simmons comes to mind. The recipient might have little PT or game impact, but might be deserving for other reasons that the team determines relevant.
Last edited by Matnum PI on Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
tech37

Post by tech37 »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:22 pm
tech37 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:16 pm

Agreed. Good post.
Well thanks seacoaster. BTW, it's JD time...
DMac

Post by DMac »

We're not all going to agree, tech, and that's all good.
I just don't need Mr. Preacher Man coming on and telling
us all how to act. His services could be better put to use
down in Baltimore.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:26 pm
seacoaster wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:22 pmI think #22 should remain in service but be given each year to a deserving senior, voted on by the team, and based on leadership... e.g., Ryan Simmons comes to mind. The recipient might have little PT or game impact, but might be deserving for other reasons that the team determines relevant.
Just to be clear, it was tech37's idea.

Tech, "JD time"? Desko? Jamesville-Dewitt? Wut?
tech37

Post by tech37 »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:33 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:26 pm
seacoaster wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:22 pmI think #22 should remain in service but be given each year to a deserving senior, voted on by the team, and based on leadership... e.g., Ryan Simmons comes to mind. The recipient might have little PT or game impact, but might be deserving for other reasons that the team determines relevant.
Just to be clear, it was tech37's idea.

Tech, "JD time"? Desko? Jamesville-Dewitt? Wut?
Yep, JD = John Desko. He wrapped his presser re Scanlan/ND game. Drama Queen's heads exploding on SU lax board.

That's OK, matnum being cute... he knew whose post it was. Oh and he's "not a moderator, just a poster" :lol:
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

tech37 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:55 pm That's OK, matnum being cute... he knew whose post it was. Oh and he's "not a moderator, just a poster" :lol:
Not true. Honest mistake. Just corrected it.

If Desko knew and knows about the violence (if this is true), Desko's current posture will come back to bite him.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:59 pm
tech37 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:55 pm That's OK, matnum being cute... he knew whose post it was. Oh and he's "not a moderator, just a poster" :lol:
Not true. Honest mistake. Just corrected it.

If Desko knew and knows about the violence (if this is true), Desko's current posture will come back to bite him.
I'll watch JD's presser later but it sounds like a lot of compromising going on... Scanlan still on team and practicing but not going to South Bend this weekend.

Time for Scoobies vs Catamounts
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I guess if someone who works hard to provide a platform demonstrates that they clearly want to participate as a individual lacrosse fan rather than be treated like management it’s of little interest to some folks.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

-don't wish this for you or anyone especially desko a classy alpha dog rival
-very jealous that a)your coach speaks to the media b)does it in his own voice c)answers questions from the media d)I guess does it more than once a year e)aside from the scanlan stuff answers honestly.
-Sounds like your coach asked the player what happened, the player gave a story of events the coach believed, he took what he felt was fair action but then because gen Z thinks it's in charge and we live in a social media age your school has lost total control of this story. If not for the NFL draft this would probably be a national zoo free for all.
Pensky Material

Post by Pensky Material »

So yesterday it appeared the team was ready to mutiny if Chase was back so he practiced by himself. Desko says it was his call to bring him back and apparently he was with the team today? I can't imagine Desko would force the players hand on this if they felt that strongley about him being gone so now I'm back in the boat of I don't know what the heck is going on or what really happened? Craziness indeed.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Maybe as it evolved things changed for the players?
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

Pensky Material wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:28 pm So yesterday it appeared the team was ready to mutiny if Chase was back so he practiced by himself. Desko says it was his call to bring him back and apparently he was with the team today? I can't imagine Desko would force the players hand on this if they felt that strongley about him being gone so now I'm back in the boat of I don't know what the heck is going on or what really happened? Craziness indeed.
SU came out and clarified that Scanlan practiced on his own today. So not with the team. Not sure why Desko said he did.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

jrn19 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:37 pm
Pensky Material wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:28 pm So yesterday it appeared the team was ready to mutiny if Chase was back so he practiced by himself. Desko says it was his call to bring him back and apparently he was with the team today? I can't imagine Desko would force the players hand on this if they felt that strongley about him being gone so now I'm back in the boat of I don't know what the heck is going on or what really happened? Craziness indeed.
SU came out and clarified that Scanlan practiced on his own today. So not with the team. Not sure why Desko said he did.
Obviously he's lying :roll:

Give it a rest
stupefied

Post by stupefied »

Nothing has changed with the players. Scanlan 'practiced' off to a side field by himself under the supervision of a asst.
GSP

Post by GSP »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:19 pm Wish I could’ve been at my parents wedding in 1965. Dad is from Savona with a HS class 20-30 deep and mom from Wantaugh which was this wanna be, gauche, faux pretension and decadence you wouldn’t get in Manhattan ever. Must’ve been funny as hell to an outside observer.
They probably believed that an 8 year old was too young to be attending a wedding. Did they at least let you go to the reception?

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”