All Things Russia & Ukraine

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Brooklyn

Re: All Things Russia & Ukraine

Post by Brooklyn »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:32 pm
Brooklyn wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:17 pm
Millions of Russians turn to BBC for news amid invasion of Ukraine

You mean they aren't turning to RT?
... you mean like millions of Americans. :lol:

I did. Very illuminating data re Ukrainian killing of pro Independence people from Donetsk & Luhansk. Strange how the news media missed it all. Same for online commentators. But then, they ignored the rights of Catalonians when they voted for Independence. Very selective reporting and outrages for sure.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
a fan

Post by a fan »

Odd, China isn't being a good partner to Putin. Who could possibly have seen that coming...

LONDON, March 3 (Reuters) - Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) said on Thursday it has put all activities relating to Russia and Belarus on hold and under review in the wake of the current conflict in Ukraine.

The Beijing headquarted AIIB said in a statement that its management would do its utmost to safeguard the financial integrity of AIIB, against the backdrop of the evolving economic and financial situation.

https://www.reuters.com/world/china/chi ... 022-03-03/
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:58 pm Odd, China isn't being a good partner to Putin. Who could possibly have seen that coming...

LONDON, March 3 (Reuters) - Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) said on Thursday it has put all activities relating to Russia and Belarus on hold and under review in the wake of the current conflict in Ukraine.

The Beijing headquarted AIIB said in a statement that its management would do its utmost to safeguard the financial integrity of AIIB, against the backdrop of the evolving economic and financial situation.

https://www.reuters.com/world/china/chi ... 022-03-03/
......meanwhile, China and Russia AREN't brokering any fossil fuel deals.

Stop falling for these "do nothing " headlines.

Have you READ Biden's sanctions? Dude, the Biden administration has already called for bank waivers. Should we be shocked that constantly fall for these obvious smokeNmirrors. I posted a pretty good article.....same website has more articles relating to sanctions being BS, window dressing.

Just like we kept on buying turd from Russia, during tRumps and OBamas' "sanctions"

AIIB's press release is like cops saying they will do an internal review......and nothing happens.... ;)
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Wow....2 banks and a handful of humans....

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-roo ... on-russia/

Not familiar with the difference between "full blocking sanctions" and just , plain ole, "sanctions"

Anyone know what this means?
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:08 pm

Right. Everything is awesome for Putin. Sorry, I forgot.
runrussellrun wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:08 pm Have you READ Biden's sanctions? Dude, the Biden administration has already called for bank waivers.
I thought you were too clever for "do nothing" headlines. Guess not.

Biden's sanctions are immaterial here in week one, dude.

Would you buy big ticket items from Russia or Ukraine right now? Or visit either country?

How's the Russian airline industry going? Have you had a look?

You think like Putin-----you think that only "official" sanctions are going to F the Russian economy.

Yeah...nope. That's the 80's. This is 2022.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Having read the actual wording on for the smokeNmirrors "sanctions"......Biden IS so heroic. I have a Credit Suisse umbrella from a golf outing..

https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/FR- ... -04020.pdf

man, even the White House is making finding the actual "sanctions" a hassle......on purpose.

look....tRump twatted something :roll:

.......I miss following him on twatter, they suspended by account before him
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:18 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:08 pm

Right. Everything is awesome for Putin. Sorry, I forgot. How would we know, either way? Only asking if you have read the sanctions.
runrussellrun wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:08 pm Have you READ Biden's sanctions? Dude, the Biden administration has already called for bank waivers.
I thought you were too clever for "do nothing" headlines. Guess not.

Biden's sanctions are immaterial here in week one, dude. Who are you to say that?

Would you buy big ticket items from Russia or Ukraine right now? Or visit either country? Yes.....and Yes. But, I am not vaccnated, can I even go?

How's the Russian airline industry going? Have you had a look? Should the US tax payers bail them out too...or is that just reserved for US airline industry

You think like Putin-----you think that only "official" sanctions are going to F the Russian economy. What sanctions ? ;) Are there other options, that the infotainment has missed? Sorry, my fecesbook feed IS only discussing sanctions. And how awesome Biden IS at them.

Yeah...nope. That's the 80's. This is 2022.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Kismet wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:36 am Updates today

Per Ed Luce at Financial Times - "For the nth time Republicans, the reason Putin didn't invade Ukraine while Trump was president was because he was getting everything he wanted without firing a shot, or risking an oligarch. War is the last resort. Trump was a gift to Putin that kept on giving."
Did Luce specify what Putin was getting under Trump ?

If he says "Trump was dividing NATO for him", what evidence did he cite --
any reductions in NATO funding by members ?
any reductions in joint training & exercises ?
any reduction in Afghanistan deployments ?
any failure by any member to not respond under Article 5 ?

If Putin thought that Trump would not support Ukraine, NATO or respond to Article 5, that would have been the time to attack Ukraine or even the Baltic states.

Criticism of NATO under-spending or over-reliance on Russian energy did not undermine NATO. It goaded them in the right direction.
The validity of Trump's critique is playing out now & NATO unity remains strong when faced with a threat.
Trump's impact on NATO was a net positive.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

DMac wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:40 pm https://www.lewrockwell.com/2022/03/no_ ... y-24-2022/
Comments?
... I don't personally don't have much interest in what someone who sells the LBJ killed Kennedy conspiracy theory thinks.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

old salt wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:06 pm

Per Ed Luce at Financial Times - "For the nth time Republicans, the reason Putin didn't invade Ukraine while Trump was president was because he was getting everything he wanted without firing a shot, or risking an oligarch. War is the last resort. Trump was a gift to Putin that kept on giving."

If Putin thought that Trump would not support Ukraine, NATO or respond to Article 5, that would have been the time to attack Ukraine or even the Baltic states.

Criticism of NATO under-spending or over-reliance on Russian energy did not undermine NATO. It goaded them in the right direction.
The validity of Trump's critique is playing out now & NATO unity remains strong when faced with a threat.
:lol: :lol: What a leader. :roll:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:06 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: that tongue is still raw!
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Dip&Dunk wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:08 am
old salt wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:23 pm
Dip&Dunk wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:33 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:10 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:48 pm Leading questions in today's Pentagon briefing about a potential E-W partition of Ukraine, based on Russian concentration of forces, so far & anticipated. Adm Kirby talking around it, but not dismissing it.

Expect future questions about Zelensky & govt relocating W & how soon could US &/or NATO/coalition of the willing, deploy forces sufficient to hold a W enclave & airspace. A coalition of the US with Poland & Romania for land, air & sea access to move forces & suppiles could do it. Other willing coalition nations could join. NATO could formally remain at arms length. Willing members could join. Additional NATO forces could deploy to Poland & Romania to enhance their defense.

It would hinge upon what air bases/airports are still operable in the W ?

If a cease fire, Putin might settle for holding everything E of Kyiv in the N & Odessa to Transnistria in the S, & E of the Dnieper river, in between.
Ukraine could end up in a partitioned limbo like Syria & the Balkans.
Edited to amplify with further musings.
??? US & Poland? But NATO would stay at arms length? Uh, no. It does not work that way.
Coalition of the willing. NATO members can act independently, outside of NATO.
Poland was with us in Iraq. NATO was not.
Pressure is building for US military intervention. You could hear it in today's Pentagon presser.
Initial reports were that the Soviet legacy equipment donated or sold included Migs & Ukrainian pilots were in Poland to get them.
Then the NATO SecGen visited Poland & the story changed.
Ukraine is not Iraq. Russian is not the Iraqi army. This is why NATO exists. This is why Article 5 exists. We conduct joint US/Poland ops and it is attacked NATO will invoke Article 5. This exactly why we are not, yet, establishing a no fly zone.
Opinions differ.

https://www.defenseone.com/threats/2022 ... go/362631/
Here's Why a Ukraine No-Fly Zone's a No-Go
NATO officials say it’s off the table, but there could be a “nuanced option.”

The White House this week shot down the notion of installing a no-fly zone over Ukraine, explaining that the United States will not put forces in potential combat with nuclear-armed Russia. That hasn’t stopped people ...pushing for one—including ...even a few former Supreme Allied Commanders Europe.

But Deptula said there could be a “nuanced option” that might permit a limited no-fly zone.

“If proposed by the [European Union] or the United Nations, if there was established a humanitarian exclusion zone from conflict in western Ukraine, one might posit that one could establish a no-fly zone there,” he said. “But you'd still want to have a degree of strategic ambiguity over who's going to enforce that to get around the complication of NATO and Russian forces directly engaging one another...But even that becomes difficult.”

OSCE could call a no fly zone over safe corridors to provide humanitarian aid, refugee evacuation & refugee areas in W Ukraine (that Putin is not contesting). Similar to the corridors Russia allowed to Allepo.

Poland should fly their Mig 29's to Georgia & transfer them to Ukrainian pilots there, keeping NATO out of the process.

Ukraine has SU-25 ground attack aircraft. The Soviet version of the A-10 tank killer.
Georgia has 10 SU-25's in their Air Force. They could give them to Ukraine, keeping NATO out of the loop.
The US could then deploy a detachment of F-16's to Georgia for their air defense.
If Georgia wants to join NATO, this is their pathway.
Give Russia something else to consider on their southern Black Sea border.
Last edited by old salt on Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:17 pm, edited 5 times in total.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

DMac wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:40 pm https://www.lewrockwell.com/2022/03/no_ ... y-24-2022/
Comments?
The "they did it, so I can too" argument Putin is making is valid. Also, a lame excuse for killing other humans. I give Putin's way of thinking a big, rainbow, thumbs DOWN.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:16 pm
Comments?
... I don't personally don't have much interest in what someone who sells the LBJ killed Kennedy conspiracy theory thinks.
you're right, JHU72......LBJ didn't profit one penny from war. I mean, if it were tRump, what would you be saying about his "friends" at that Helicopter company ?

Ever go to his library ? The evidence is all right there, in front of you. As if he is bragging about it.
6x6

Post by 6x6 »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:35 am Georgia (not the one where Atlanta is located) submitted an application to join the European Union on Thursday.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/ge ... entnewsntp
Not sure if this is legit but if the person translating is correct, these Georgians don’t seem to like Russians much and love Ukraine.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Damnthatsinter ... &context=3
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

6x6 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:50 pm
jhu72 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:35 am Georgia (not the one where Atlanta is located) submitted an application to join the European Union on Thursday.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/ge ... entnewsntp
Not sure if this is legit but if the person translating is correct, these Georgians don’t seem to like Russians much and love Ukraine.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Damnthatsinter ... &context=3
... Georgian's not liking Russians shouldn't be a surprise.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:49 pm
Comments?
you're right, JHU72......LBJ didn't profit one penny from war. I mean, if it were tRump, what would you be saying about his "friends" at that Helicopter company ?

Ever go to his library ? The evidence is all right there, in front of you. As if he is bragging about it.

Fascinating speech.

I’m blown away that any western leader hasn’t flown into Moscow for a face to face. I realize most Democrats at this point hate Putin (they’d immediately pivot 180 degrees if he became anti Trump), but as countries and cultures, we have far more in common than not. Putin seems to act first from a position of defending his country from terrorism and attack. That’s logical.

He’s not doing himself any favors by relentlessly bombing the daylights out of some Ukrainian cities. That’s illogical. It’s hard to square that with his speech.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:07 pm
Comments?

Fascinating speech.

I’m blown away that no western leader hasn’t flown into Moscow for a face to face. I realize most Democrats at this point hate Putin (they’d immediately pivot 180 degrees if he became anti Trump), but as countries and cultures, we have far more in common than not. Putin seems to act first from a position of defending his country from terrorism and attack. That’s logical.

He’s not doing himself any favors by relentlessly bombing the daylights out of some Ukrainian cities. That’s illogical. It’s hard to square that with his speech.
.. I can understand how a DeathSantis supporter would feel a kinship with an autocratic killer like Putin. :roll:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:11 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:07 pm
Comments?

Fascinating speech.

I’m blown away that no western leader hasn’t flown into Moscow for a face to face. I realize most Democrats at this point hate Putin (they’d immediately pivot 180 degrees if he became anti Trump), but as countries and cultures, we have far more in common than not. Putin seems to act first from a position of defending his country from terrorism and attack. That’s logical.

.. I can understand how a DeathSantis supporter would feel a kinship with an autocratic killer like Putin. :roll:

Justin Trudeau wants a word
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

A real American hero. Kellyanne should recommend this guy as an advisor to his buddie Ronnie DeathSantis. Another Putin fan.

Return to “POLITICS”