Ron Desantis (The Desantis Doctrine)

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
runrussellrun

Re: not showing up in MSN "news" search

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:18 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:12 pm This IS a good thing, yes ? Heard wallstreet banksters were shutting down Florida home owners insurance policies. Is this, that ?

https://flgov.com/2023/05/31/governor-d ... r-strikes/

ALLAHASSEE, Fla. — Today, Governor DeSantis signed three bills that strengthen Florida’s property insurance market, expand the state’s home hardening and hazard mitigation programs, and further protect consumers against bad actors. These actions build on the Governor’s strong record of instituting meaningful reforms to Florida’s property insurance market. Additionally, Governor DeSantis is announcing the approval of an additional $100 million in the 2023–24 General Appropriations Act for the My Safe Florida Home Program which provides grants to Florida homeowners for hurricane retrofitting, making homes safer and more resistant to hurricane damage and bringing the state’s combined investment to $250 million over the past year.

“Since taking office, Florida has instituted a series of reforms to increase consumer choice and accountability in our insurance market,” said Governor Ron DeSantis. “The bills I’ve signed today reinforce our commitment to Florida policyholders by investing in hazard mitigation programs and instituting a series of accountability measures that protect consumers from predatory insurer practices.”
What happened to TAATS? You understand this is a government press release, right?

You're just gonna take it at face value, and not apply your TinFoilHat reasoning to it? Follow the money, that sort of thing?

DeSantis gets a pass from RRR?! :lol: Awesome.
is this, that?

https://www.flsenate.gov/Committees/Bil ... /html/3204

information gathering.
Last edited by runrussellrun on Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
jhu72

Re: Ron Desantis (The Desantis Doctrine)

Post by jhu72 »

... DeSantis just covering for his real estate developer buddies. This insurance scam has been coming on for years and years.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

a fan wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:18 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:12 pm This IS a good thing, yes ? Heard wallstreet banksters were shutting down Florida home owners insurance policies. Is this, that ?

https://flgov.com/2023/05/31/governor-d ... r-strikes/

ALLAHASSEE, Fla. — Today, Governor DeSantis signed three bills that strengthen Florida’s property insurance market, expand the state’s home hardening and hazard mitigation programs, and further protect consumers against bad actors. These actions build on the Governor’s strong record of instituting meaningful reforms to Florida’s property insurance market. Additionally, Governor DeSantis is announcing the approval of an additional $100 million in the 2023–24 General Appropriations Act for the My Safe Florida Home Program which provides grants to Florida homeowners for hurricane retrofitting, making homes safer and more resistant to hurricane damage and bringing the state’s combined investment to $250 million over the past year.

“Since taking office, Florida has instituted a series of reforms to increase consumer choice and accountability in our insurance market,” said Governor Ron DeSantis. “The bills I’ve signed today reinforce our commitment to Florida policyholders by investing in hazard mitigation programs and instituting a series of accountability measures that protect consumers from predatory insurer practices.”
What happened to TAATS? You understand this is a government press release, right?

You're just gonna take it at face value, and not apply your TinFoilHat reasoning to it? Follow the money, that sort of thing?

DeSantis gets a pass from RRR?! :lol: Awesome.
Yup…

https://www.insurancejournal.com/news/s ... 698579.htm

https://www.artemis.bm/news/while-citiz ... -40-to-60/

While Citizens seeks 14.2% rate increase, other Floridians seek 40% to 60%+

Steve Evans16th March 2023
Florida’s Citizens Property Insurance Corporation is asking the regulator to approve average rate increases of 14.2%, to cover off rising costs, including from reinsurance, and to bring its rates closer to the private market.

Florida Citizens logoFlorida Citizens CEO Tim Cerio explained at a Board meeting this week that the insurers’ rates are “artificially low” and encouraged steps to be taken to reduce the size of Citizens role in the Florida property insurance market.

Citizens needs to return to the role of the insurer of last resort, he said, and actuarially sound rates must be charged so that Citizens is no longer so competitive on pricing, versus the private market.

Florida Citizens has an accepted glide path for rates that it is allowed to follow, that limits Citizens’ annual rate increases to no more than 12% in 2023, or 13% in 2024, for most of its policies.

Some expenses are allowable and as a result Florida Citizens rate filings will propose 14.2% for personal lines and 12.3% for commercial.

Part of the rate increases are to cover increased reinsurance costs that Citizens is facing, although at such low rate increases it’s unlikely this is being covered particularly well, given the glide path restriction.

As we reported earlier this week, Citizens is budgeting to spend another $725 million in premium to secure a further $4.2 billion of reinsurance and risk transfer for 2023.

That’s on top of the recent spend to secure the insurers first industry loss trigger catastrophe bond, the $500 million Lightning Re deal.

While the Florida Citizens Board is approving the maximum rate increase request that is allowable, under the glide path rule, this still falls far behind the rate increases being asked for by other Florida focused property insurers.

In fact, First Community Insurance Company has been seeking a 44.8% statewide average increase in their homeowners rates from the regulator, while the Kin Interinsurance Network secured a 61.5% statewide average increase for its homeowners policies in the last year.

Florida Citizens policy count has risen from 569,868 on March 31st 2021, to 1,223,204 in the last week.

The insurer anticipates hitting 1.5 million policies before the end of 2023, as its significant growth is set to continue.

“CEO Cerio said, “The larger we grow, the greater our exposure, and the greater our exposure, the greater the potential financial burden on the taxpayers of Florida, people who aren’t even Citizens customers,” referring to the chance of assessments.

All of which makes securing the necessary reinsurance protection even more important this year, as with exposure significantly higher and still growing along with the policy count, Florida Citizens is perhaps more exposed to needed assessments than ever before at this stage, making risk transfer a key tool for the insurer.

Citizens previous CEO had forecast a chance of more meaningful policy depopulation towards the end of this year for the insurer.

Which presents an opportunity to reinsurance and ILS capital to support take-outs from the insurer.

Now, with legislation meaning any policyholder that gets an offer from the private insurance market within 20% of the Citizens price must take it, Citizens still needs these rate rises to ensure depopulation goes to plan, as if its rates remain too far below private carriers the chances of many choosing to leave what is often perceived as a source of cheaper cover appear slim.

Florida's insurance crisis: Could State Farm leave the sunshine state?

State Farm is no longer insuring homeowners in California because of the state's wildfires. As hurricane season kicks off, could Florida be the next state to get the insurance giant's boot?

State Farm is no longer providing home insurance in California because of wildfire risks and increases in construction costs. In Florida, an ongoing insurance crisis rages on and the 2023 hurricane season is here. Could State Farm pull out of the Sunshine State too?

Homeowners in Florida pay more for their insurance than most of the nation, paying over $4,000 each year on average, almost three times the national average for home insurance rates. With each year and each hurricane season, the cost for homeowners insurance in Florida increases much faster than the national rate.

Mark Friedlander, director of corporate communications for the Insurance Information Institute (Triple-I), told USA TODAY that the average cost of home insurance increased 33% in Florida in 2022, topping the national increase of 9% by 24%.

State Farm is leaving California:Insurance provider will no longer insure new homes in California because of wildfire risks

Insuring a home in the sunshine state:Best insurance providers in Florida as of June 2023

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/story/new ... 278487007/

Why would State Farm consider leaving Florida?

Florida's home insurance market was a wreck after the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) paid out almost $4 billion in flood insurance payouts after Hurricane Ian last September. Florida's struggle with spiking home insurance prices didn't start there, though.

At the start of the 2022 hurricane season, many insurers started to scale back their policy options in the sunshine state, sparking a hike in the already-high cost for Floridians to insure their homes against damage from the state's frequent thunderstorms and hurricanes. Some insurers left the state altogether, others went out of business. Amidst the insurer exodus, State Farm stayed put. But now that the industry giant has left California, it's more likely that State Farm would decide to leave Florida as well.

Living in Florida?These flood insurance facts could save you thousands

Florida insurance crisis:some homeowners eye an exit

Which insurance providers have left Florida or gone out of business?

In June of 2022, insurance provider Southern Fidelity went bankrupt and was liquidated. As a result, around 80,000 homeowners in Florida were left without home insurance.
Soon after, in August, Weston Property & Casualty Insurance of Coral Cables also closed its doors and canceled all policies.
Also in August, United Insurance Holdings Corp. announced it was leaving the Florida, Texas and Louisiana markets.
In September, FEDNat was liquidated just a few days before Hurricane Ian hit the state's West coast.
Which insurance providers still issue policies in Florida?

Although the insurance crisis in the sunshine state seems no closer to being solved than it did last June, there are still insurance providers who insure homes in Florida.

Here are some average prices for homeowners' insurance available to Floridians, according to an insurance guide from USA TODAY:

Chubb - around $1,890 per year
Progressive - around $1,340 per year
Tower Hill - around $1,350 per year
Universal - around $1,550 per year
Lianna Norman covers trending news in Palm Beach County for The Palm Beach Post. You can reach her at [email protected]. You can follow her reporting on social media @LiannaNorman on Twitter.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

So much for the enforcement of Florida's building codes.........just SO strange that shingles continue to fly off roofs, decades after construction changes....it would be racist to require proper installation. But, I bet you a county has more "curriculum" development staff, than building inspectors......only the best.

Problem would be solved if banks didn't require insurance, for a loan, in the first place.

good thing the "tenant" for the Twin towers had himself some renters insurance.
silverstein, boy did he CHEER when the judge called both events "$eperate".

Did he have to pay taxes on the $20 billion in insurance claims he got. For building he didn't even own?

anyway......so glad I brought the insurance/Florida/Ron D issue up.

but, look..... disney . (howz THEIR carbon footprint, pretends :lol: :lol: :lol:
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:28 pm
Here are some average prices for homeowners' insurance available to Floridians, according to an insurance guide from USA TODAY:

Chubb - around $1,890 per year
Progressive - around $1,340 per year
Tower Hill - around $1,350 per year
Universal - around $1,550 per year
Lianna Norman covers trending news in Palm Beach County for The Palm Beach Post. You can reach her at [email protected]. You can follow her reporting on social media @LiannaNorman on Twitter.
That is some pretty cheap home insurance. FACT.

Is the Florida law (that Desantis signed) a good thing, or a bad thing ?

It can't be anything else ;)

mean, after all...Joe Biden doesn't have any insurance industry "buddies", like Ron does. :lol:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

"rates" are not the average total cost. And those rates in that list are the companies' national rates.

The average Floridian homeowner pays over $4k for insurance, and that doesn't cover flood. That's about double the average in the US. Some reporting suggests triple this coming year due to big increases.

We were quoted $6k for a two bedroom patio home... managed to get that down to about $4k through larger deductible, etc.

https://wusfnews.wusf.usf.edu/local-sta ... ance-rates#
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

runrussellrun wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:13 am So much for the enforcement of Florida's building codes.........just SO strange that shingles continue to fly off roofs, decades after construction changes....it would be racist to require proper installation. But, I bet you a county has more "curriculum" development staff, than building inspectors......only the best.

Problem would be solved if banks didn't require insurance, for a loan, in the first place.

Did he have to pay taxes on the $20 billion in insurance claims he got. For building he didn't even own?

but, look..... disney . (howz THEIR carbon footprint, pretends :lol: :lol: :lol:
You say so much that’s so uninformed and yet present it as if it’s all throughly logical, understood and fact checked. Can’t believe you didn’t crush it with a bunch of useless worthless start ups funded by Silicon Valley the last decade. Hybrid Holmes/SBF level nonsense
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:08 am "rates" are not the average total cost. And those rates in that list are the companies' national rates.

The average Floridian homeowner pays over $4k for insurance, and that doesn't cover flood. That's about double the average in the US. Some reporting suggests triple this coming year due to big increases.

We were quoted $6k for a two bedroom patio home... managed to get that down to about $4k through larger deductible, etc.

https://wusfnews.wusf.usf.edu/local-sta ... ance-rates#
Yes and cut out to look like I wrote the text above which is dope.

$300-$500/mo sounds about right. We spend a bit more than the high end on our house and two cars but in a better area from insurance perspective, probably about $7,500/yr (there’s no embedded premium financing cost/rate for some reason so given I don’t escrows taxes on house I pay monthly on this to not have too many lumpy expenses). It’s also a larger 113yr old home
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:37 am
runrussellrun wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:13 am So much for the enforcement of Florida's building codes.........just SO strange that shingles continue to fly off roofs, decades after construction changes....it would be racist to require proper installation. But, I bet you a county has more "curriculum" development staff, than building inspectors......only the best.

You say so much that’s so uninformed and yet present it as if it’s all throughly logical, understood and fact checked. Can’t believe you didn’t crush it with a bunch of useless worthless start ups funded by Silicon Valley the last decade. Hybrid Holmes/SBF level nonsense
this is a trustworthy source.

https://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/27/nyre ... build.html

What am I uniformed on, and present it as fact?

real estate, imho, should be owned by an LLC, trust, etc. Limiting liabity. Really, the only insurance "liability", that a home owner needs.

Let's call it $10k, per year, for a Florida home insurance.

In twenty years, that is $200k. Nice shed or pergola .

How is putting up the new roof shingles? the same illegals that did it 5 years ago 8-)

The more I read this law, I think Ron D is the man........ :lol: :lol: :lol:

SInce we need to STAY ON TOPIC ;) .......is this a good law/bill, that Ron D signed, or not ?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Apparently not everyone, including Donald Trump, thinks DeSantis is on the up and up re insurance industry...https://theintercept.com/2023/05/03/ron ... -industry/

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... a-governor

This legislation was in response to that criticism, especially from Trump, as it's a big vulnerability to the myth that the State of Florida is well run under DeSantis.

But will it actually help?
Many don't think so: https://www.politico.com/news/2023/04/0 ... e-00090643

Personally, I hope it helps, but IMO, the real problem is decades of really awful lack of regulation of housing construction and standards, resulting in flimsy construction vulnerable to wind, paving over of wetlands so vulnerable to floods, etc. A state owned by big money real estate interests, with a business model to attract people with sun, low income tax rates, and 'cheap' housing...chickens coming home to roost.

Similarly, education near the bottom of the barrel, water pollution, red tide, etc...

This is NOT one governor's fault, but it is the fault of a political system captured by big money real estate. And DeSantis has been all-in with that.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:47 am Apparently not everyone, including Donald Trump, thinks DeSantis is on the up and up re insurance industry...https://theintercept.com/2023/05/03/ron ... -industry/

This legislation was in response to that criticism, especially from Trump, as it's a big vulnerability to the myth that the State of Florida is well run under DeSantis.

Many don't think so (many ? one guy...many :lol:

: https://www.politico.com/news/2023/04/0 ... e-00090643

Personally, I hope it helps, but IMO, the real problem is decades of really awful lack of regulation of housing construction and standards, resulting in flimsy construction vulnerable to wind, paving over of wetlands so vulnerable to floods, etc. A state owned by big money real estate interests, with a business model to attract people with sun, low income tax rates, and 'cheap' housing...chickens coming home to roost.

Similarly, education near the bottom of the barrel, water pollution, red tide, etc...

This is NOT one governor's fault, but it is the fault of a political system captured by big money real estate. And DeSantis has been all-in with that.
....but, insurance companies can NOT sue the jurisdictions that enforce the building code....can they ;)

enforcing the "code" would be racist. Construction companies came to a screetching halt after RonD implemented "everify"

just a "co inky dinky" , we guess. (coincidence )

Yes, paying people the legal wage, with OSHA protection (wanna guess the LACK of OSHA fines towards "certain" groups ? ) , and many people think RonD was stupid to do it. (everify) even pretend CONservatives ?

huh ?

mdlaxfan, do you show this much love to Biden in public ?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

well, you have most of the above twisted up incorrectly, but that's your jam.

Am I showing love to Biden, by being very clear that DeSantis would be an awful answer for the country, a true fascist at heart?

But sure, just had a conversation last night with a guy loaded for bear and looking for someone to push against; he knows I voted for Biden...I'm a life-long Republican, had never voted D for POTUS...until 2020...I explained that it was a binary choice. And not a close call for me. He was pretty drunk, so I can't say it was a productive discussion.

Two nights earlier I'd had a conversation with a gal running down Biden's age and supposed dementia...I agree that he's way older than I'd prefer, but said, "funny how he just keeps getting things done"...I'm a moderate conservative fiscally, progressive socially, so I'm not interested in lots of highly partisan actions, prefer bi-partisanship when possible...and there's a pretty darn remarkable record now of such under Biden...she said, "but that's not him, that's his people"...I disagree with that assessment, but ok with me if it's just "his people". Likewise, I think he or "his people" have done a pretty remarkable job of herding the cats in support of Ukraine's soveriegnty, democracy and the rule of law...hope that that comes out as successfully as possible.

But hey, there's lots to critique about Biden, plenty to be concerned about if Dems were to overreach...legit concerns IMO for this old life-long, stubborn Republican. Unfortunately, much of the party now wants to call folks like me RINO's. But that's where I am, I'm certainly not going to support those folks as they go off the extremist deep end.

MAGA makes we want to puke.
Fascism and "Christian Nationalism" makes me want to puke.

I'm more reserved about expressing those feelings in public, but given our binary system, I'm good with Biden if that's the choice.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:38 am well, you have most of the above twisted up incorrectly, but that's your jam.

Am I showing love to Biden, by being very clear that DeSantis would be an awful answer for the country, a true fascist at heart?

Not sure what this has to do with insurance companies ability to sue the building inspectors, permits, etc.

and....only Joe Biden has the ability to "grow" and "change his opinion"....no one else.

RonD is a fascist? just wow........flinging stuff around the kitchen, all crazy like. sure, must be true.....my cell phone tell me that.

So, it would have been better for RonD to VETO this bill, passed unamiously by the Florida elected folks. and that tRump made him do it.

got it
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Desantis is a “fascist.” Sure he is.

Meanwhile mdlaxfan also applauds Biden for ignoring federal law and requiring vaccination paperwork for people to to be employed.

The left loves to accuse the opposition of what they are guilty of.

Then find something truly abhorrent and call the opposition that. Fascist, racist, Nazi!

They need a new strategy. Their words are hollow and don’t have true meaning any more.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:47 am Apparently not everyone, including Donald Trump, thinks DeSantis is on the up and up re insurance industry...https://theintercept.com/2023/05/03/ron ... -industry/

Many don't think so: https://www.politico.com/news/2023/04/0 ... e-00090643

Homestead exemption is a big long term flaw but the entire state of florida is and has been operating under the guise of pulling forward gains and creating a cicada of a state for 20yrs.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

runrussellrun wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:50 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:37 am

this is a trustworthy source.

https://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/27/nyre ... build.html

What am I uniformed on, and present it as fact?

real estate, imho, should be owned by an LLC, trust, etc. Limiting liabity. Really, the only insurance "liability", that a home owner needs.

Let's call it $10k, per year, for a Florida home insurance.

In twenty years, that is $200k. Nice shed or pergola .

How is putting up the new roof shingles? the same illegals that did it 5 years ago 8-)

The more I read this law, I think Ron D is the man........ :lol: :lol: :lol:

SInce we need to STAY ON TOPIC ;) .......is this a good law/bill, that Ron D signed, or not ?
There’s no such thing as factual on topic discussions with you. You’re as bad at Peter brown creating opacity and flooding the box with a refusal to communicate in a way adults can understand. Just came back from a neighborhood cookout and the 1-2yrs olds are easier and make more of an effort to communicate with people. That’s a fact. So arguing your stupid incorrect conclusions and half assed facts in isolation of context or understanding wrapped around a really feeble mind with respect to synthesizing and concluding things is the point.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:24 pm Desantis is a “fascist.” Sure he is.

Meanwhile mdlaxfan also applauds Biden for ignoring federal law and requiring vaccination paperwork for people to to be employed.

The left loves to accuse the opposition of what they are guilty of.

Then find something truly abhorrent and call the opposition that. Fascist, racist, Nazi!

They need a new strategy. Their words are hollow and don’t have true meaning any more.
At the heart of it his behavior reflects no value or interest in democracy. Forget the term fascist. They guy is arrogant, dishonest and clearly selling out his current constituents as a stepping stone to something more regardless of what is left behind. Which like Ga, Carolinas and sunbelt in general has benefitted form demographics and zero interest rates (more low basis land values and lower populations and development through the 90s given the appearance of low cost living states but that’s all going to change in the next decade. Nashville, Raleigh, Austin etc are all played out.

Atlanta, Miami/SE FL, etc are wildly unaffordable and the tax bill for infrastructure needs like new schools is a just starting to be contemplated.

Hell Ive turned down a dozen jobs over the past half dozen years largely to relocate and currently in conversations to potentially do something that would have me move and uproot family for San Diego.
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:24 pm Desantis is a “fascist.” Sure he is.
When was the last time you saw a Governor publicly (that part is important) punish a single company financially for daring to disagree with said Governor's policy?

If you can name who has done that before, I'll cede your point.

Can you?

That was the Webster Dictionary definition of a fascist move, my man----"forcible oppression of opposition".

And I have yet to see a Republican call DeSantis out for hitting Disney. I'm terrified not only of this man, but the people who completely ignore that he did that.

That's ok with you----to hit a company financially and telling the public WHY he is punishing Disney?

Here he is, calling them out yet again....which is perfectly fine on its own. The problem is that he went after them financially using his power, Kram....THAT is the fascism part.

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

a fan wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:33 pm
When was the last time you saw a Governor publicly (that part is important) punish a single company financially for daring to disagree with said Governor's policy?

If you can name who has done that before, I'll cede your point.

Can you?

That was the Webster Dictionary definition of a fascist move, my man----"forcible oppression of opposition".

And I have yet to see a Republican call DeSantis out for hitting Disney. I'm terrified not only of this man, but the people who completely ignore that he did that.

That's ok with you----to hit a company financially and telling the public WHY he is punishing Disney?

Here he is, calling them out yet again....which is perfectly fine on its own. The problem is that he went after them financially using his power, Kram....THAT is the fascism part.

Killing ESG in the state is going to heavily impact their utility, formally know as Florida Power & Light. So when they take a hit on their unregulated generation arm they’ll go straight to the state to jam ratepayers in the regulated (ie profit guaranteed at a certain level) transmission and distribution (“T&D”) side of the business.

https://www.investor.nexteraenergy.com/company-overview

About NextEra Energy

NextEra Energy, Inc. (NYSE: NEE) is a leading clean energy company headquartered in Juno Beach, Florida. NextEra Energy owns Florida Power & Light Company, which is America’s largest electric utility that sells more power than any other utility, providing clean, affordable, reliable electricity to approximately 5.8 million customer accounts, or more than 12 million people across Florida. NextEra Energy also owns a competitive clean energy business, NextEra Energy Resources, LLC, which, together with its affiliated entities, is the world’s largest generator of renewable energy from the wind and sun and a world leader in battery storage. Through its subsidiaries, NextEra Energy generates clean, emissions-free electricity from seven commercial nuclear power units in Florida, New Hampshire and Wisconsin. NextEra Energy has been recognized often by third parties for its efforts in sustainability, corporate responsibility, ethics and compliance, and diversity. NextEra Energy is ranked No. 1 in the electric and gas utilities industry on Fortune’s 2023 list of “World's Most Admired Companies,” recognized on Fortune’s 2021 list of companies that “Change the World” and received the S&P Global Platts 2020 Energy Transition Award for leadership in environmental, social and governance.

Return to “POLITICS”