Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Brooklyn

Re: Race in America - Riots Explode in Minneapolis

Post by Brooklyn »

Each of them found to be exactly like Mark Fuhrman. Funny how delusional right wingnuts still do not believe there is a problem in the USA. The solution: fire and blackball them, impose liability to the cops and their unions, and hold them to strict accountability at all times.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
MDlaxfan76

Re: Nascar noose hoax

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:28 am
runrussellrun wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:01 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:31 am
Easier to say someone used a noose for a garage pull. It could do double duty during your race war. 🤡

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sport ... 95202.html

On Tuesday, the FBI determined the incident was not a hate crime, as the knot shaped as a noose had been in that garage stall since October.

it was a noose, despite what you and Russ call it.
Of course it was a noose. Or this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myMSMYy_iYU

My concern is with what offends, what doesn't. We need public service announcements, obviously, to keep up with what offends.

A noose, like a uniknot, is just that, a knot.

YES. the noose, in context, IS a racist object. Because of the hateful history , done bunch of hateful wimps. However, and this IS important, do you feel the same about a christian cross ? The same hateful creeps burn them on lawns. I know, it happened to MY home.

SO, TLD, is that your first thought when you see a cross on a necklace? Or, hanging in a car?

Can't speak for old salt, but knots are useful, for many things.

It IS not our fault that you and yours life experiences are soft. Limited. Not our fault you know nothing of fishing. Sailing. Climbing. Camping.

______________________-

Subtle racism exists too. The folks on the Hopkins thread weren't so much subtle about pointing out that a NEW coach doesn't have to live amongst

"them types", the NEW coach could white flight it out to Marriotsville or Brooklandville. You know, to get away from all the Baltimore crime. Or, them types. That attitude is OVERT racism, to me. But, what do you expect. It took a Princeton grad to start a youth lacrosse program in Baltimore. Or, does MDLAXFAN remember being a ballboy with "themtypes"? Fully expecting Kyle Harrison to be inducted in the Hopkins...I mean US Lacrosse hall of fame. It's been 15 years since he graduated, about the same length of years before Dave Petro got inducted.
Have a good day
As usual, RRR's rants are difficult to decipher.

Have no idea what he's talking about having been discussed on the Hopkins thread, though there have been some non-Hopkins knuckleheads who are constantly throwing rocks at Hopkins with specious claims about unsafe the area is, Baltimore's homicide stats, etc. Responses that Hopkins has lots of neighborhoods right next door that are very, very nice are not to suggest some sort of racism. It was merely a pushback against the ridiculous assumption that Hopkins was in the midst of neighborhoods plagued with drug violence, the key driver of homicides. Maybe RRR is referring to the knuckleheads?

I certainly don't recall anyone, including the knuckleheads, much less the Baltimore folks using a term like "themtypes". :roll:

As to Harrison, of course he's going to be in Lax HOF. No doubt that one of the top midfielders in history would make it in, likely in the first year of eligibility. He's already been inducted into the Baltimore chapter which is a necessary first step. Has Kyle retired from the professional game? Once retired from playing, he'd be eligible for the National.

Not sure which Princeton grad he's talking about starting a 'youth lacrosse league in Baltimore', but I'll make a guess that he's talking about a youth league devoted to young kids, mostly black, from the urban core? If so, he might be talking about Ryan Boyle, Gilman/Princeton doing so with the Trilogy program in which my son was a volunteer coach during HS and college at rec centers, but that's not the only one and certainly not the first. My dad and others at US Lacrosse built an inner city middle school youth program with support from the Abell Foundation back in the late '80's. My dad and his buddy who owned/ran Bachrach Raisin and was that league's first chairman were '54 grads from UVA.

Re Harrison: https://www.baltimoremagazine.com/secti ... rity-youth
old salt

Nascar hate crime hoax

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:47 am
old salt wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:33 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:25 pm Salty, that's a current picture of the knot, not from October; it's a noose whether that was its intent or not...was there another picture showing the same knot back in October?
Yes. It's been posted several times. You're incredibly lazy.
https://racingnews.co/2020/06/23/fbi-co ... ober-2019/
Thanks for the insult, but that's the same article I had read...the picture appears to be the one from now, not last fall. Or at least it does not say otherwise, right? The text says 'original video'...but is that picture from the video?

Of course, I could be wrong and just not seeing where it says that's the older pic from the video...won't be the first or last time I've been wrong. ;)
Good grief ! I say again (& again) -- the picture with the Team Manard car, in several of the articles, was from Oct 2019.

https://twitter.com/Mike79824465/status ... er-2019%2F
click on the orange arrow in the upper right picture of the Menards car to get a better look at the knot.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Hey I’m curious which Fanlax Democrats who support BLM also support this chant: ‘abolish capitalism now’?

https://twitter.com/mrandyngo/status/12 ... 39488?s=21

Dems are so lucky uncle joe is the last sane Democrat who will ever be nominated. Cause this train has left the station and you boys will be full fledged Marxist’s shortly. I’m sure the neverTrumper crowd is proud to associate themselves with you!
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Brooklyn wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:11 am

Each of them found to be exactly like Mark Fuhrman. Funny how delusional right wingnuts still do not believe there is a problem in the USA. The solution: fire and blackball them, impose liability to the cops and their unions, and hold them to strict accountability at all times.
Was Old Salt in the ride along? The Race War is underway from his perspective.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Re: Nascar hate crime hoax

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:05 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:25 pm Salty, that's a current picture of the knot, not from October; it's a noose whether that was its intent or not...was there another picture showing the same knot back in October?
Thanks for the insult, but that's the same article I had read...the picture appears to be the one from now, not last fall. Or at least it does not say otherwise, right? The text says 'original video'...but is that picture from the video?

Of course, I could be wrong and just not seeing where it says that's the older pic from the video...won't be the first or last time I've been wrong. ;)
Good grief ! I say again (& again) -- the picture with the Team Manard car, in several of the articles, was from Oct 2019.

click on the orange arrow in the upper right picture of the Menards car to get a better look at the knot.
Thanks, that's indeed a different picture. But it sure doesn't look like the same knot to me.
To my eye, less coils.
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:11 pm

Thanks, that's indeed a different picture. But it sure doesn't look like the same knot to me.
To my eye, less coils.
That isn’t the same picture. The photo that accompanied the FBI report on ESPN and released by nascar was a noose: here is the photo again....

“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:29 pm

To my eye, less coils.
That isn’t the same picture. The photo that accompanied the FBI report on ESPN and released by nascar was a noose: here is the photo again....

TLD, what appears to still have me confused is whether what Nascar released is a picture from now or was it a picture from back in October?

These two ropes and knots (from the salty pic and this one) do not look the same to me. Maybe it's my old eyes...

The one Salty provided looks like a thin line with a knot with a loop. The one NASCAR released looks like a larger gauge rope and knot with more coils...
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:33 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:29 pm

To my eye, less coils.

TLD, what appears to still have me confused is whether what Nascar released is a picture from now or was it a picture from back in October?

These two ropes and knots (from the salty pic and this one) do not look the same to me. Maybe it's my old eyes...
Also noted....

“But, absent from any comments above is the fact that a noose was in fact hung from a tree at Sonoma Raceway on Saturday. It was tied out of rope and hung from a tree on the property.”

Heightened sensitivity....an investigation was conducted and although a noose was found, it just turned out to be an unfortunate coincidence for Bubba. Old Salt found it funny.
“I wish you would!”
njbill

Post by njbill »

The picture in TLD’s recent link is the one NASCAR released recently. It is a picture of the offending noose found in Wallace’s garage which started the brouhaha.

I’m not aware that the FBI or NASCAR has released pictures of the noose from October. Nevertheless, there have been a number of pictures published on social media which claim to be from back then in the same garage. I don’t know that that has been verified definitively by anyone.

MD, I agree with you that the nooses appear to be different and, in particular, that the current one has more coils. Maybe three or four more coils.

The noose from October, to my mind, is arguably simply a rope with a couple of coils tied. Arguably innocent.

The current noose, though, cannot possibly be innocent. Nobody ties a rope like that to serve as a pulldown rope for a garage door. Maybe it was a dumb, juvenile stunt that wasn’t focused on any particular person. Nevertheless offensive.

Somebody tied this current noose and that somebody needs to be talked to to get to the bottom of why he did it. Maybe the FBI has exhausted all investigative leads in this regard, though I haven’t seen a report to that effect.

I still haven’t seen anything that has gotten to the bottom of where this particular noose came from as it certainly doesn’t seem to be the one from the October pictures that have been published on social media.

That to me is a glaring omission in the investigation. If the FBI/NASCAR has a picture of the same noose from October, they should publish it.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
old salt

NASCAR noose hoax

Post by old salt »

njbill wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:46 pm The picture in TLD’s recent link is the one NASCAR released recently. It is a picture of the offending noose found in Wallace’s garage which started the brouhaha.

I’m not aware that the FBI or NASCAR has released pictures of the noose from October. Nevertheless, there have been a number of pictures published on social media which claim to be from back then in the same garage. I don’t know that that has been verified definitively by anyone.

MD, I agree with you that the nooses appear to be different and, in particular, that the current one has more coils. Maybe three or four more coils.

The noose from October, to my mind, is arguably simply a rope with a couple of coils tied. Arguably innocent.

The current noose, though, cannot possibly be innocent. Nobody ties a rope like that to serve as a pulldown rope for a garage door. Maybe it was a dumb, juvenile stunt that wasn’t focused on any particular person. Nevertheless offensive.

Somebody tied this current noose and that somebody needs to be talked to to get to the bottom of why he did it. Maybe the FBI has exhausted all investigative leads in this regard, though I haven’t seen a report to that effect.

I still haven’t seen anything that has gotten to the bottom of where this particular noose came from as it certainly doesn’t seem to be the one from the October pictures that have been published on social media.

That to me is a glaring omission in the investigation. If the FBI/NASCAR has a picture of the same noose from October, they should publish it.
Well. Apparently you guys are smarter & more observant than the FBI & NASCAR combined.
If the knot is different, maybe at some point since the fall of 2019, more loops were taken to raise the knot higher above the floor when the door was open. NASCAR's statement :
https://www.aldailynews.com/the-noose-w ... talladega/

NASCAR moved quickly and by Monday, FBI agents were at the track. On Tuesday, authorities said the rope had been hanging there since the Cup Series race last October and thus was not a hate crime targeting the 26-year-old Wallace.

U.S. Attorney Jay Town and FBI Special Agent in Charge Johnnie Sharp Jr. said “nobody could have known Mr. Wallace would be assigned” to that same stall.

Wallace never saw the rope. He said Phelps came to see him Sunday night at the track with “tears running down his face.” He also told CNN: ” It was a noose. Whether it was tied in 2019 … it is a noose. ”

Phelps said NASCAR had determined the noose was not in place when the October 2019 race weekend began but was created at some point during that weekend.

“Given that timing and the garage access policies and procedures at the time, we were unfortunately unable to determine with any certainty who tied this rope in this manner or why it was done,” he said.

The Wood Brothers Racing team was in the same stall during the October race and it cooperated with the investigation. An employee recalled “seeing a tied handle in the garage pull down rope from last fall.”

“We could not determine whether it was someone on their team or someone else,” Phelps said. “We have no idea what the intent was at all, whether there was any malice in it or whether it was just fashioned as a noose for a pulley. We don’t know that.”
Typical Lax Dad

Re: NASCAR noose hoax

old salt wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:00 pm
njbill wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:46 pm The picture in TLD’s recent link is the one NASCAR released recently. It is a picture of the offending noose found in Wallace’s garage which started the brouhaha.

Well. Apparently you guys are smarter & more observant than the FBI & NASCAR combined.
If the knot is different, maybe at some point since the fall of 2019, more loops were taken to raise the knot higher above the floor when the door was open. NASCAR's statement :
https://www.aldailynews.com/the-noose-w ... talladega/

NASCAR moved quickly and by Monday, FBI agents were at the track. On Tuesday, authorities said the rope had been hanging there since the Cup Series race last October and thus was not a hate crime targeting the 26-year-old Wallace.

U.S. Attorney Jay Town and FBI Special Agent in Charge Johnnie Sharp Jr. said “nobody could have known Mr. Wallace would be assigned” to that same stall.

Wallace never saw the rope. He said Phelps came to see him Sunday night at the track with “tears running down his face.” He also told CNN: ” It was a noose. Whether it was tied in 2019 … it is a noose. ”

Phelps said NASCAR had determined the noose was not in place when the October 2019 race weekend began but was created at some point during that weekend.

“Given that timing and the garage access policies and procedures at the time, we were unfortunately unable to determine with any certainty who tied this rope in this manner or why it was done,” he said.

The Wood Brothers Racing team was in the same stall during the October race and it cooperated with the investigation. An employee recalled “seeing a tied handle in the garage pull down rope from last fall.”

“We could not determine whether it was someone on their team or someone else,” Phelps said. “We have no idea what the intent was at all, whether there was any malice in it or whether it was just fashioned as a noose for a pulley. We don’t know that.”
Your said it wasn’t a “noose”.....Not to be confused with a noose designed to intimidate Wallace. It was a noose nevertheless. Out of all the garages checked, that was the only “noose”, according to the FBI. I guess they are smart enough to determine what is or isn’t a noose. But again, I thought you didn’t trust the FBI. Why believe them now? It was an unfortunate coincident, but it was a noose.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
njbill

Post by njbill »

Nope. Not smarter. Just would like to see a picture from October. It seems obvious that the social media pictures purportedly from October are not the same rope as pictured in the photo released by NASCAR of the current noose.

Still would like to hear from the guy who tied the current noose. As I said, maybe it was a stupid, juvenile stunt not intended for any particular person. Hope so. To my thinking, that would make it really dumb, but probably not criminal.

It seems a little odd to me that if they can pin down when it happened to a pretty finite timeframe, they should be able to identify everybody who was there at or around the time. Maybe they have. Maybe they’ve interviewed everybody. Maybe no one has fessed up (certainly very probable). Or maybe NASCAR security for garages is pretty lax. In any event, I haven’t seen any of these types of details released.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

sissy cop challenges anyone to a fight to prove how tough and righteous all cops are:

guy responds and the sissy immediately backpeddles:

Evidently, many others challenged the sissy to announce his address or where he could be reached but (surprise!) the sissy runs away. So typical of bullies and other sissies in police departments everywhere.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
old salt

NASCAR noose hoax

Post by old salt »

One of the earlier photos being scrutinized was from the 2017 truck race at Talladega.
The garages have been reconstructed since, so it's different ropes.
https://nypost.com/2020/06/24/nascar-vi ... -incident/
If you look at the entire youtube episode of Garage Cam you'll see several ropes with loop pull ends.

The picture in the upper right of this twitter post is the Menard's car in Oct 2019.
Click on the orange arrow for a closer look at the knot.

The larger photo on the left of that twitter post is apparently Joe Nemechek
& his #83 black Silverado from the 2017 truck race. Look at 03:15 :

The picture of the Menard's car from Oct 2019 is the only pic I've found of the same garage as the current one.
The knot on the rope in Nemechek's garage at the 2017 truck race also resembles a noose
& is apparently being confused in the twitter post with the 2019 pic.
This knot is nothing extraordinary, as photos from 2017 & 2019 demonstrate.
Sometimes a knot is simply a knot.
njbill

Post by njbill »

I’ve seen most of these before, but thanks for reposting.

None of the older photos has a rope tied in the form of the noose like the one recently discovered, which has seven coils. The ones from 2017 and 2019 either have no coils or only two or three coils. To my thinking, those types of ropes aren’t really nooses and are more likely simply knots tied to form pull-down loops.

Yes, there has been a lot of reporting that the Menard pic is the same garage, but I haven’t seen anything confirming that from NASCAR or the FBI. Assuming it was, frankly, that only adds to the mystery because that rope is not a seven coil noose.

Everybody knows what a noose is, and what it signifies. There is no legitimate, functional purpose to tie a seven coil noose as a pull-down rope. Either cut the rope to proper length, cut off the excess, or double up the rope in some fashion.

I still get back to the same questions. Who tied the seven coil noose, when, and why?
old salt

NASCAR noose hoax

Post by old salt »

njbill wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:40 am
Yes, there has been a lot of reporting that the Menard pic is the same garage, but I haven’t seen anything confirming that from NASCAR or the FBI. Assuming it was, frankly, that only adds to the mystery because that rope is not a seven coil noose.

I still get back to the same questions. Who tied the seven coil noose, when, and why?
I'm not sure if the Menard's pic is the same garage. Garage label #5 is in the pic. Might that be labeling the next garage to the left ?
If so, it wasn't the Cup race, since the Wood Bros apparently had garage #4 for the 2019 Cup race.
The Woods Bros claim they used garage #4 in 2019 & reported their observation to NASCAR.
I've yet to see any photos depicting that.
The FBI cited authentic video from 2019.
https://nesn.com/2020/06/bubba-wallace- ... ga-update/
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

njbill wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:28 pm Nope. Not smarter. Just would like to see a picture from October. It seems obvious that the social media pictures purportedly from October are not the same rope as pictured in the photo released by NASCAR of the current noose.

Still would like to hear from the guy who tied the current noose. As I said, maybe it was a stupid, juvenile stunt not intended for any particular person. Hope so. To my thinking, that would make it really dumb, but probably not criminal.

It seems a little odd to me that if they can pin down when it happened to a pretty finite timeframe, they should be able to identify everybody who was there at or around the time. Maybe they have. Maybe they’ve interviewed everybody. Maybe no one has fessed up (certainly very probable). Or maybe NASCAR security for garages is pretty lax. In any event, I haven’t seen any of these types of details released.
I'm fully prepared to believe that someone did tie a noose back last fall, I'd just like to see a picture showing the same rope (gauge) and same knot, so that this is clear to everyone as unrelated to Bubba.

If it's a new rope and/or a new knot, then we're back to looking at it as a potential hate crime directed at Bubba.

I hope it's not.

As to why the FBI and NASCAR would want this brushed away, pretty obvious why that could be. But I'm 80:20 that they actually do have confirming evidence that this same rope and knot was from last fall.

If so, show us.
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:51 am
njbill wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:28 pm Nope. Not smarter. Just would like to see a picture from October. It seems obvious that the social media pictures purportedly from October are not the same rope as pictured in the photo released by NASCAR of the current noose.

I'm fully prepared to believe that someone did tie a noose back last fall, I'd just like to see a picture showing the same rope (gauge) and same knot, so that this is clear to everyone as unrelated to Bubba.

If it's a new rope and/or a new knot, then we're back to looking at it as a potential hate crime directed at Bubba.

I hope it's not.

As to why the FBI and NASCAR would want this brushed away, pretty obvious why that could be. But I'm 80:20 that they actually do have confirming evidence that this same rope and knot was from last fall.

If so, show us.
I am ready to chalk it up to someone being stupid last fall and Bubba Wallace wasn’t the target..... but I have been letdown before. It’s not the same rope. I would like to see that noose compared to the noose found on the tree that same day.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”