~46~ Lame Duck Unfit Uncle Joe Biden ~46~

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: ~46~ Unfit Uncle Joe Biden ~46~

Post by Farfromgeneva »

CU88 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:09 am
jhu72 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:35 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:27 am
jhu72 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:04 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:53 pm
jhu72 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:08 pm
youthathletics wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:59 pm
Infrastructure cash has always been available and should be part of every single budget....and strangely its why we see so much pork in every damned bill. Remember the WV's highway that to nowhere?
... old article. It won't take anywhere near 26 years from now to finish US 48 (corridor H designation). I have been using the the eastern half of US 48 for a decade now. Best idea ever for a highway to somewhere if you are a fan of nature.
For W bound out of DC, US 48 could link I-66 to I-79 to I-64 without having to go so far south to connect to I-64.
Yup. Great idea. Scenic and very quick route west. I think they are currently doing the environmental study to link I-66 to 48, it is not many miles.
Think I’ve been on that, back when I lived in DC I went to this Seneca rocks area twice to do a little hiking. Does 48 going through a national forest-maybe Teddy Roosevelt Natl Forest or another presidential name?
It is how I get to Seneca Rocks and Spruce Knob and other recreation areas. 48 does pass through Monongahela National Forest (the north most edge). You are probably thinking of George Washington National Forest which is just across the border in Virginia. 48 corridor passes threw a bigger section of GWNF.
Don't tell people about these great places! ;)

The 2nd best part of being out there is lack of celluar service. The phone goes silent and you need to use an old fashion map for your first couple of visits.

My climbing days are past, but great hiking and some entertaining viewing of climbers. Also, nothing like grabbing one of those dry pre-made, with love, sandwiches from Yokum's Deli for a post hike meal.
Have hiked all around VA but only got into climbing more recently w my son indoors so something to consider. I did it outdoors 3x cum no idea but one was called Carderock on the VA/MD border just outside DC.

You know what’s good for hiking and outdoor activities? WalMart brand trail mixes.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:26 am More on the bank nominee kerfuffle:

Axios:

Centrist Dems sink Biden’s nominee for top bank regulator:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.axios. ... 491f9.html
Five Democratic senators have told the White House they won't support Saule Omarova to head the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, effectively killing her nomination for the powerful bank-regulator position.

Why it matters: The defiant opposition from a broad coalition of senators reflects the real policy concerns they had with Omarova, a Cornell University law professor who's attracted controversy for her academic writings about hemming in big banks.
——————————-

White House Anonymous Source Lashes Out at Critics of OCC Nominee Omarova
Official does not mention report of Democratic opposition:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ee-omarova
The official, who was granted anonymity to discuss the matter, added the adamant opposition from banks and Republican lawmakers was generated by fear of scrutiny, not evidence that Omarova was unqualified to run the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency.

The official, however, did not address an article by Axios earlier Wednesday that five Democratic senators had said they would not vote for her. The offices of two of the senators, Jon Tester of Montana and John Warner of Virginia declined to comment on the article. The other senators mentioned in the article were Kyrsten Sinema, and Mark Kelly of Arizona and John Hickenlooper of Colorado.

In the evenly divided Senate, their votes are essential to Omarova’s confirmation.
Yep, she's toast. Basic mathematics says in a 50/50 Senate you check with your caucus BEFORE you nominate because you need ALL of them to support confirmation. That there are as many as 5 Dems who are on the fence or on the other side of it suggests that somebody was asleep at the switch. She's on the record with many things that Senators don't like and such a waste of time to go through all of the steps just to have to withdraw her nomination for lack of support from Democrats.

That said, her Tailgunner Joe commie treatment by Kennedy was unnecessary and over the top. Some of these people just cannot help themselves beyond just voting No and explaining why. :oops:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Kismet wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:53 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:26 am More on the bank nominee kerfuffle:

Axios:

Centrist Dems sink Biden’s nominee for top bank regulator:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.axios. ... 491f9.html
Five Democratic senators have told the White House they won't support Saule Omarova to head the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, effectively killing her nomination for the powerful bank-regulator position.

Why it matters: The defiant opposition from a broad coalition of senators reflects the real policy concerns they had with Omarova, a Cornell University law professor who's attracted controversy for her academic writings about hemming in big banks.
——————————-

White House Anonymous Source Lashes Out at Critics of OCC Nominee Omarova
Official does not mention report of Democratic opposition:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ee-omarova
The official, who was granted anonymity to discuss the matter, added the adamant opposition from banks and Republican lawmakers was generated by fear of scrutiny, not evidence that Omarova was unqualified to run the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency.

The official, however, did not address an article by Axios earlier Wednesday that five Democratic senators had said they would not vote for her. The offices of two of the senators, Jon Tester of Montana and John Warner of Virginia declined to comment on the article. The other senators mentioned in the article were Kyrsten Sinema, and Mark Kelly of Arizona and John Hickenlooper of Colorado.

In the evenly divided Senate, their votes are essential to Omarova’s confirmation.
Yep, she's toast. Basic mathematics says in a 50/50 Senate you check with your caucus BEFORE you nominate because you need ALL of them to support confirmation. That there are as many as 5 Dems who are on the fence or on the other side of it suggests that somebody was asleep at the switch. She's on the record with many things that Senators don't like and such a waste of time to go through all of the steps just to have to withdraw her nomination for lack of support from Democrats.

That said, her Tailgunner Joe commie treatment by Kennedy was unnecessary and over the top. Some of these people just cannot help themselves beyond just voting No and explaining why. :oops:
Kabuki theatre. Kennedy is a tool. And I wonder if there’s more than five who don’t exactly want this person but that’s enough to keep the lives from arguing to try to fight for her. It was a strange selection from day 1 unless it was all about identity politics. There’s nothing in the Biden agenda that aligns with placing this person in this specific seat.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

head fake?
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Omarova scared of crypto:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/finance.ya ... 38462.html

The desire to suppress something that can overtake government currency is exactly why China and Russia banned crypto too.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:09 am Omarova scared of crypto:

The desire to suppress something that can overtake government currency is exactly why China and Russia banned crypto too.
YOur link was broken, and downloading some file....I think this is what intended: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/omarova- ... 38462.html
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Do you agree with her that this is or should be an area of government and regulator concern?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Doesn’t matter he’s against everything Biden touches.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:05 pm Doesn’t matter he’s against everything Biden touches.
I will take 100% of the hard infrastructure and rural broadband in the "Infrastructure" Bill.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

get it to x wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:42 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:05 pm Doesn’t matter he’s against everything Biden touches.
I will take 100% of the hard infrastructure and rural broadband in the "Infrastructure" Bill.
Ms. Granholm can scam her electric busses somewhere else.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

get it to x wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:43 pm
Ms. Granholm can scam her electric busses somewhere else.
Don’t get me wrong I don’t like many aspects to the BBB and infrastructure bills but see things of real value, like you (maybe others don’t want to go line by line).

This is the stupid thing about the behavior of the harder left democrats. The bills have handouts for every senator in there but because some got theirs first they make it seem like the two holdouts who haven’t had their interests addressed earlier are unique. Every vote of the 50 is equal. But others act like theirs should be worth more.

Obviously the fact that republicans just say no like Nancy told them is goofy and unproductive but it doesn’t absolve the Democratic Party of their responsibility to all their constituents.

None of this has anything to do with my comment of course. If you look at the pattern of hysterical posting behavior by said person to everything left of center, if not left of middle right, it’s evident irrational behavior of blanket rejection and complaining is the modus.
Last edited by Farfromgeneva on Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Were it that we all had line item acceptance. Not how it works.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:40 pm

Do you agree with her that this is or should be an area of government and regulator concern?
If you think it is the governement’s job to grow government, it should be an area of concern. If you believe in state over people or free markets, go ahead and highly regulate crypto.

It’s not a coincidence that all the countries who highly regulate crypto are in danger of failing themselves, or run oppressive governments.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Modern government has two prerogatives it guards jealously: currency and violence.

I view crypto as a cash sponge — a nice way to soak up some of the excess liquidity in the system. My other favorite is NFT. Personally, I would prefer a nice tulip bulb.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:36 am If you think it is the governement’s job to grow government, it should be an area of concern. If you believe in state over people or free markets, go ahead and highly regulate crypto.

It’s not a coincidence that all the countries who highly regulate crypto are in danger of failing themselves, or run oppressive governments.
It makes it easier to launder money. And it's inherently dangerous that so many are putting money in what's obviously a pyramid scheme.

If you're a millionaire, who cares if you buy Picasso's----an inherently worthless thing. But when pension funds start hopping into this insanity.....that's when the trouble starts.

Did we learn NOTHING from the 08 too big to fail crash? This is derivatives on steroids. I see these stupid, pointless instruments as a Global Depression waiting to happen.

And what's the upside of these things? There isn't one.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:34 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:36 am If you think it is the governement’s job to grow government, it should be an area of concern. If you believe in state over people or free markets, go ahead and highly regulate crypto.

It makes it easier to launder money. And it's inherently dangerous that so many are putting money in what's obviously a pyramid scheme.

If you're a millionaire, who cares if you buy Picasso's----an inherently worthless thing. But when pension funds start hopping into this insanity.....that's when the trouble starts.

Did we learn NOTHING from the 08 too big to fail crash? This is derivatives on steroids. I see these stupid, pointless instruments as a Global Depression waiting to happen.

And what's the upside of these things? There isn't one.
I realized its a problem when my daughter made a 3000% return.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:09 am
Why would it ever overtake government currency? Just because the folks who "invented" this nonsense want to call it currency, doesn't mean it will EVER become currency.

It has to be backed by a government to be currency. It's LITERALLY the ONLY feature of currency.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:39 pm I realized its a problem when my daughter made a 3000% return.
Yup. :lol: So she goes to buy dinner with this "currency"......and overpays her bill by a few thousand dollars because the value doubled between when she ordered drinks, and when the bill arrived? :roll:

Oh yeah, who could possibly see a downside to getting rid of the US dollar, and switching to this stupidity?

"Well I had rent money an hour ago......but now I'm 50% short because Bitcoin collapsed. Now what?"
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

ok, if it’s not a threat to . Gov, why so much fear on displacing some value?

That is exactly what the stock market is. Lots of meaningless and volatile value.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

PizzaSnake wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:39 am

Modern government has two prerogatives it guards jealously: currency and violence.

I view crypto as a cash sponge — a nice way to soak up some of the excess liquidity in the system. My other favorite is NFT. Personally, I would prefer a nice tulip bulb.
It’s leverage, like derivatives. An asset with no equity behind it. Full faith and credit at least implies taxing everything necessary within the boundaries in order to repay its debts. There’s equity in our nation, or any country.

Return to “POLITICS”