The Nation's Financial Condition

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Peter Brown

Re: The Nation's Financial Condition

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 3:18 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 2:11 pm You miss the point, as ever. You sure you attended an Ivy? :lol:

The point, to be very clear, is when your brethren of the Left descend on the board and falsely claim 'blue states pay for red states' (insert Howard Dean scream), that payment imbalance is caused precisely because of blue state-favored entitlement policies. Federally mandated entitlement policies were proposed and passed, and today are favored, by blue state voters, the same ones here making the charge. A little honesty here?
:lol: So you're telling me that you think Republicans from Red States didn't vote for all these programs?

Whew. Good one. Want me to start listing the bills and the votes for you? Pre Covid, Trump signed four massive spending bills totaling just under $4 Trillion in NEW spending. Only $800 Billion went to the military. So that's over $3 Trillion in social programs that are stuffed with handouts to all walks of life in America.

And this, of course, doesn't include a few hundred Billion in cash payments to farmers for...wait for it....nothing.

And you want to pretend that both Republicans and Republicans didn't vote for this money, and don't actually want this money. So your University of Florida last year got $776 million from the Federal government in one single year....and what you're telling us is....they don't want that money.

Great news. Let me know when I can have my tax dollars back!
Peter Brown wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 2:11 pm By the way, it's hilarious to read true Democrat posts where you fall completely for the extremely lazy canard of 'red states would let the poor die'. Red states, far more than blue states, rely on charity and church to rectify perceived income or poverty gaps, not government.
:lol: Where do you think the NGO's and Charities get a ton of their funding? The Federal government cuts checks for dozens of programs that sends money to NGO's that help, for example, get Florida residents work training to get them back into the workforce.

https://www.cbpp.org/sites/default/file ... ing_fl.pdf

You don't understand what your Republican representatives are doing. You're, sadly, buying into their political nonsense. "Gee whiz, we don't actually want this Federal money...but whoops, we keep accidentally voting for it". Riiiiight.

Look, it's simple, but you don't want to hear it. All you have to do is pretend there isn't a Federal Government, and each State is its own country.

What would that look like? Stop with your R's and D's thing, and simply think for yourself for five freaking minutes.

And remember----the Federal government has borrowed Trillions of dollars the last few years, and sent it to all 50 States. So picture that money getting cut off, and each State having to go it alone.

This would be a complete catastrophe for just about every State, and yep, that would include a few Dem States.

But by and large? R States like Mitch McConnell's Kentucky would be beyond hosed. Which, of course, is why ol' Mitchey gleefully signed all of those 4 massive spending bills. His State cannot function without that money.

But you want to ignore all this, and pretend like each State wants to go solo. And part that you don't get it----the more that liberals figure out what it would look like if NY, IL, CA et. al. got to keep allllll that money that they normally send to DC for themselves? The more they are going to want what you are asking for....

And if that happens? Lights out, rural America. And good luck to you and your fellow Floridians who have to figure out how to provide health care to 4 Million+ seniors. What's the first thing you'll do? Raise taxes, of course. And yet you keep claiming that this is what you want.

As many of us here keep saying: great news, when can we start your plan?

Today!

The top five most fiscally solvent states are Nebraska (#1), South Dakota (#2), Tennessee (#3), Florida (#4), and Oklahoma (#5).

The bottom five states in terms of fiscal solvency are Kentucky (#46), Massachusetts (#47), New Jersey (#48), Connecticut (#49), and Illinois (#50). I'm not exactly sure how New York doesn't make that top-5, but at #9, they can make the grade with this pandemic surely.

Almost like there's a pattern...

https://www.mercatus.org/publications/u ... l-rankings
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 3:19 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 2:57 pm My belief in federal hurricane funds and insurance is they should not exist. Buyer beware, and pay your own way. That goes for Florida and New York New Jersey (Sandy). Pricing of everything is normalized when the government steps out of the ring. Even if it would hurt some Floridians.
And what do you suppose is the reason that Trump and the Republicans didn't kill FEMA during the first two years of Trump's reign?

Think it through, and get back to us.

Because where do I sign to end FEMA and all insurance subsidies? Let me know. :roll:

I will beat you to the signature page.

Also, for those keeping score, make sure you have a dollop of gold in your portfolio. There is an inflationary cost to the Fed printing ~$50,000 per citizen in stimulus. If you have only received $1,200 you should be asking why you are bearing the inflationary cost for another $48,800 you never got.

Instead of a bailout you’re paying a hidden tax.
njbill

Post by njbill »

So, Pete, should I sell my Gilead stock now, take the big loss, and buy gold? E.F. Hutton you ain’t.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Almost like a few bankrupt Democrats are milking a pandemic 4 a bailout? Hmmmmmmmm

4D0BDFD5-3C5E-4F14-B067-67F9E4255731.jpeg
4D0BDFD5-3C5E-4F14-B067-67F9E4255731.jpeg (100.57 KiB) Viewed 1184 times
CU88

Post by CU88 »

by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Aren't any of you knuckleheads curious why it is that only Democratic-run states are seeking financial assistance? Isn't that just a tad compelling? No one?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/11/politics ... index.html

These western Dem states are on top already of NY, NJ, IL, and CT admitting they will not have enough dough to pay for their bloated budgets.

Only Democratic-run states...interesting. Is Idaho seeking assistance? Wyoming? Florida? Hello? Is anyone there?

:shock:
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 4:43 pm

Only Democratic-run states...interesting. Is Idaho seeking assistance? Wyoming? Florida? Hello? Is anyone there?
Maybe only the Dems can add and subtract.

Or do you think that other States won't have massive fiscal shortfalls? Florida doesn't need all those lost tourist dollars?

Great. Don't bail anyone out. Problem solved. Works for me.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Me too. Along with a blue-state federal-tax strike.

Just TWO nuke-armed subs from Bangor! That's all the West Coast needs to ditch the rest of the loser states.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 5:41 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 4:43 pm

Maybe only the Dems can add and subtract.

Or do you think that other States won't have massive fiscal shortfalls? Florida doesn't need all those lost tourist dollars?

Great. Don't bail anyone out. Problem solved. Works for me.

For some reason, I always thought the people who ‘can’t add and subtract’ are the ones who go bankrupt, like, say, Democratic cities and states. But now it’s the states that have rainy day funds set aside too!

You learn something new here every day! :lol:

a fan’s mission statement here at Fanlax is this: “don’t believe your lying eyes!”
Last edited by Peter Brown on Mon May 11, 2020 7:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

hahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaahhahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaahahaahahahaahahahhahahhhahahhahahahhahahahahahha

Bloomberg@business
Republicans say the U.S. deficit is becoming problematic

GOP Rekindles Deficit Concerns, Adding Snag to Talks on Aid
The flood of pandemic-relief spending from Washington has rekindled deficit concerns among Republican lawmakers, one of several hurdles facing the next round of stimulus many economists say is needed...

bloomberg.com
6:49 AM · May 11, 2020
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:29 pm For some reason, I always thought the people who ‘can’t add and subtract’ are the ones who go bankrupt, like, say, Democratic cities and states. But now it’s the states that have rainy day funds set aside too!
You missed the point of my comment. For the most part, States are just fine right this red hot minute.

But when the bills come due for things like, oh, Teachers, Police, and other government servants come due for States across our great nation, and they don't have the tax revenue to sustain the costs? Then they will tell a different story. My point is that they're not complaining right now because the bills haven't arrived. Yet.

Would you care to place a wager that States like Kentucky and Florida won't want bailout funds, yet States like California will? That's what you're saying here.
a fan

Post by a fan »

CU88 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:30 pm hahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaahhahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaahahaahahahaahahahhahahhhahahhahahahhahahahahahha

Bloomberg@business

The flood of pandemic-relief spending from Washington has rekindled deficit concerns among Republican lawmakers, one of several hurdles facing the next round of stimulus many economists say is needed...

bloomberg.com
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You could see this coming from 1,000 miles away, couldn't you? Odd, they didn't care when Trump was having his little RichMan party, and adding $4 Trillion to spending.

Works for me, though. Don't do anymore bailouts. But if I were an incumbent, I sure as *hit wouldn't want to try and get reelected with unemployment at 20%+
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Boeing CEO Dave Calhoun said on the TODAY Show this morning that one of the major US air carriers could likely go out of business by the fall.

Here's the list

Alaska Airlines
Allegiant Air
American Airlines
Delta Air Lines
Frontier Airlines
Hawaiian Airlines
JetBlue
Southwest Airlines
Spirit Airlines
United Airlines

Which one is the most likely candidate?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Libs, you may want to take notice of the impending financial disaster in Illinois.

Breaking news from today from a very good hedge fund manager:

For 2nd time in 2 weeks, Illinois has postponed a billion $ muni bond offering, presumably for lack of investor demand. Politicians won’t decide if/when a state will default; the market will. And right now, the market is saying Illinois must fix its finances, and quickly. llinois had a chronic deficit during boom times & increasing pension liabilities during a 10-year bull market. Investors simply do not trust they will get repaid if they lend Illinois more money. Short term GO bonds that were yielding 2% three months ago are now trading >5%. Doomsayers have warned about the muni market before; maybe that’s true again. But with Illinois dependent on access to the muni market to refinance maturing bonds and fund its ongoing deficits, this is a perilous situation.

The first domino is about to fall and although this first domino proves that Democratic run cities/states ultimately fail (they all do), you should be happy anyway because gives you a chance to reset the outrageous public-employee pension schemes which are causing young taxpayers (via exorbitant income and property taxes) to abandon your states in search of red states where a young man can actually save money and start a family.

Let's do this!
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

a fan wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:41 pm
CU88 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:30 pm hahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaahhahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaahahaahahahaahahahhahahhhahahhahahahhahahahahahha

Bloomberg@business

bloomberg.com

You could see this coming from 1,000 miles away, couldn't you? Odd, they didn't care when Trump was having his little RichMan party, and adding $4 Trillion to spending.

Works for me, though. Don't do anymore bailouts. But if I were an incumbent, I sure as *hit wouldn't want to try and get reelected with unemployment at 20%+
Stop bureaucrats pay checks. States would open their economies so fast head woulds spin.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

6ftstick wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:35 pm

Bloomberg@business

bloomberg.com

Stop bureaucrats pay checks. States would open their economies so fast head woulds spin.

I'd propose that Illinois stop paying all government officials, especially that jelly donut glutton Pritzker. Illinois is sliding really fast now (see my post above this; today was a big day)...which is a good thing. Not good if you work for the state government, but they need to fail in order for someone who has some brains to reset all the pension schemes and other outrageous spending by the state.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:41 pm

Bloomberg@business

bloomberg.com

I'd propose that Illinois stop paying all government officials, especially that jelly donut glutton Pritzker. Illinois is sliding really fast now (see my post above this; today was a big day)...which is a good thing. Not good if you work for the state government, but they need to fail in order for someone who has some brains to reset all the pension schemes and other outrageous spending by the state.
Be careful what you wish for. When the states fail, it provides more fuel for the Feds to run the show....not sure we really want that.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

youthathletics wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 3:43 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:41 pm

Bloomberg@business

bloomberg.com

Be careful what you wish for. When the states fail, it provides more fuel for the Feds to run the show....not sure we really want that.

Only some. The ones that need to fail are obvious: IL, CT, NY, NJ. Bloated unsustainable pension plans causing ridiculous property tax rates and income tax rates. Young people can not save in these states anymore.

KY to some extent, but they can likely power through.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

gotta say, this back and forth is so stupid it makes my head hurt.

PB you are certifiably off your rocker or are just being a tool.
I'm guessing the latter, just trolling for drill.

Please stop, there's actual problems to discuss without all the partisan BS.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

:lol: :lol: Says the guy that his killed more megabytes in text, than any other in forum history. :lol: You certainly make me laugh MD.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard

Return to “POLITICS”